Truth

The Golden Hotel 3 (골든 호텔 3)

When they boarded their own Private Plane, they found it spacious than they expected. Usually, it would be a little cramped, but this plane was an exception.

"At least we can move around." Suho was the first in line to walk in the middle aisle to choose a seat for him and Lay.

"Back seat!" Chanyeol dragged Baekhun until the end.

"Hyung? Should we stay there?" Chen pointed in front, one seat away from Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

"Arasseo." Xiumin turned to Kai. "Kai! You and D.O. should sit right across us."

Kai nodded then he patted D.O. "We'll sit across Xiumin hyung and Chen hyung."

"Ah, okay!" D.O nodded in agreement.

Everybody was grabbing their partners while  preferred to be alone. "I think I'll just take this side." she laid her things down from her right side, taking the seat near the window.

"Dongsaeng! You should sit beside me-" Luhan was cut off when  turned around and pointed her finger near his face.

"Oppa, no--be with Sehun. He might get jealous already."

"But-"

"No buts, oppa."  pushed him away. "Now, be together as HunHan!"

Luhan looked sad. "Arasseo~ but can I come there from time to time?" he pouted.

sighed then nodded. "Arasseo~"

He smiled. "Yay!" Luhan ruffled her hair before dragging Sehun. "Then we'll sit behind you!"

"Aigoo." she palmed her cheek.

Sehun chuckled, jesting, "Hyung, do you like her?"

"MWO?!" Luhan blushed hard.

didn't mind what Sehun said, but she thought of someone all of a sudden. "…Great." she trudged her luggage, lifted it up, then placed it inside the compartment on top, leaving only her hand carry bag aside.

On another point of view, Kris had an idea. "Tao? Let's go at the back seat too."

"Okay." Tao nodded and just followed Kris all the way to the back.

Everybody placed all their baggage inside the compartment before sitting down to wait for their plane to take off. All of them had different worlds, talking to each other when the stewardess came in. Also, the captain of the plane spoke using the speakers of the plane.

"Good evening! This is your captain speaking. We will begin take off shortly. So please, fasten your seatbelts and turn off your mobile devices or put them on flight mode. Thank you."

As soon as the captain finished speaking, the stewardess in front of them spoke using her speaker box, "Annyeong haseyo~ I will be your stewardess until we reach our destination, Chicago. It will be a one day trip, so when we are soaring high through the sky, we will serve your dinner and after that, you can have a good night's rest. That is all! Enjoy your flight." she bowed down and went back to her quarters.

Their arrangement:


CY-BH       Kris-Tao  

Chen-XM     D.O.-Kai

Lay-Suho    SH-LuHan
           


 sat back comfortably then she looked out the window. After looking out, she then heard the propellers turning on. "I hate planes… but I love flying."

At her back, she heard Luhan and Sehun chatting. "Hey! We're going to fly!"

"Maybe Kris hyung is using his powers." Sehun joked.

"Yah! Don't be like that, Sehun!" Luhan laughed.

"Aigoo…"  couldn't help to softly laugh at them. They were being bubbly. When the plane started moving, she sat back on her seat properly while staring blankly outside. And as they were flying upwards, she suddenly felt a chill running down her spine, causing her to become edgy. "….Omo! This feeling again. Is there something going to happen?"

The plane picked up speed. It went faster and faster until they were all flying through the sky. It went on a certain flying angle until the captain positioned the plane to rest it in the air. After 4 minutes of take off, a beeping sound was heard. If they look up, they could see the picture of a seatbelt flashing, telling them they could remove their seatbelts and roam around freely now.

Meanwhile, after taking off,  was bending down, squeezing her right ear. She felt pains due to the plane’s pressure. "Ugh…this is why I don't like taking off the plane." it was hurting her ear too much that she called Luhan's name.

"Luhan OPPAAA!!!" her voice seemed in pain.

Luhan and Sehun perked their heads up when  called Luhan. Lay and Suho, who was just across them, also heard her and got curious.

"-ah?!" Luhan sat straight up. "Are you okay?!"

"NOOO~ Aish~"  winced when she felt her eardrum going to burst.

Quickly, Luhan unbuckled his seatbelt to stand up from his seat. Sehun stood up and gave way for Luhan so that he could come to . Luhan got worried when he saw her already on the floor, clutching onto her head as she burrowed through her bag to find anything to chew on.

"Yah! What's happening?!"

responded weakly, "Mianhae… The pressure was just too great for my ear to handle." she winced again, squeezing her ear more. "It hurts~"

Sehun stood at the back, looking at her worriedly. "Hyung! I think we need to let her eat something."

Luhan looked back. "Chewing gum? But I don't have one!"

Suho got worried too so he stood up from his seat to look at the situation. Lay also followed behind him. "What's happening?"

Lay hovered behind Suho. "What happened to her?"

"Plane pressure," answered Sehun. "It affected her ear too much."

Suho then asked , "When does that feeling last?"

"It depends, oppa~ Sometimes, it doesn't disappear until I'm on solid ground~ Or it can get worse too while descending…"  tried shaking her head. She was slightly deaf for a while.

At the back, Kris noticed a commotion going over at 's seat. "What's going on there?" he sat straight up.

Tao, who was looking outside the night sky, turned to Kris. "Huh?" he saw him getting up then Suho was seen standing near D.O.

"Do you guys have any chewing gum?" Suho asked.

"Why?" Kris asked while the others were looking at Suho. Majority of them answered no.

"She's having trouble hearing and she's having ear pains as well from time to time because of the pressure of the plane. Luhan is accompanying her."

Hearing that, everyone else was worried. Xiumin then asked the members, "Are you guys sure you don't have any? How about you, Chanyeol?" he stood up from his sit.

Chanyeol shook his head. "No, I don't have one."

"How about sweets?" Baekhyun suggested.

"Aish! I didn't bring mine." disappointed, Chen snapped his fingers.

Kris then turned to Tao. "How about you?" 

Tao frowned. "No…"

D.O and Kai just sat there speechless, but concern was written all over their face "……"

There were no options left, but Kris had an idea. He sighed heavily and decided to help her. "I'll tend to her." He made his way to and the others, followed by Suho.

When Kris got there,  was now seated on her seat but she was bending down while Luhan was hugging her with one arm. "Luhan ge? I'll take over."

Luhan looked past his shoulder and saw Kris going beside them.  was aware of what was happening, but she allowed them what they want to do. Kris then bent down to level her then he calmly spoke to her, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Does it still hurt?" 

She nodded. "Nae~"

Kris turned around and eyed Luhan, Sehun, Suho and Lay. "You guys go back to your seats. I'll take care of her. Go on."

The four exchanged reluctant looks but they listened to Kris, returning to their respective seats. The other four at the back went very curious of what was happening to Kris and  now. When Kris saw them taking their seats, he then sat down beside her.

"You can still hear me, right? Listen carefully and do what I say, okay?"

nodded obediently. "Okay…"

Kris then uttered a few simple instructions, "Take a deep breath in. Then, try to breathe gently with your mouth closed while pinching your nose."

She was questioning the instruction given to her, but  tried it while he was still talking. "He knows a lot, I can tell..."

Kris now explained what he learned. 

"In this way, no air is blown out but you are gently pushing air into the Eustachian tube. That part is deeper in your ear going to the back of your throat. Anyway, if you do this, you may feel your ears go 'pop' as air is pushed into the middle ear. You can repeat this every few minutes until landing and whenever you feel discomfort in the ear."

When she did what she was told,  felt her ears popping. It was painful but she did it. "Ah-ah~" she whined, bracing herself from the striking pain.

Kris bent down again to check on her. "Better?"

"Yeah~"  was taken aback about it, but that did the trick. She sat back on her seat and tried shaking her head. "Thank you~ Where did you learn that, oppa?"

"Internet. I just got curious one time when a passenger had the same problem back then."

"I see then."  smiled gratefully at Kris. "Thank you! Now I know what to do every time I board a plane!"

Kris ruffled her hair with a smile. "Welcome." he then remembered something. "Oh wait. I was supposed to talk to her about something, but that slipped past my mind."

"Excuse me?"

Their attention averted to the stewardess pushing the food cart. It was their dinner. Kris then acted immediately and spoke to , "I'll eat with you, is that all right? I want to ask something--so wait here. Let's talk." 

"W-what?"  saw Kris getting up from his seat and then he whispered something to the stewardess. After which, he went on ahead back to his seat, leaving the puzzled girl. "Talk about what?"

"DONGSAENG!!!"

She got startled on her seat, flinching when Luhan shouted from above her. He was standing up to check on her condition. "Are you all right now?"

flashed a swift smile. "Nae, I am! Kris oppa was a good instructor! Although, I'm still a little deaf, but I can hear clearer now."

"Oh that's good~"

She turned around when the stewardess handed out a packed meal, taking it to set in on her table. "Oh, thank you!"

Luhan then noticed another set of packed meal placed on top of a table next to hers. "Who's eating next to you?"

"Oh! Kris oppa. He said he’d be asking me something."  tried to think of a reason. "Maybe it's important. I don't know."

"Oh really? I shall not disturb you!" Luhan grinned and without any more words, he took a seat.

then turned her head to her right, thinking that today was really peculiar. "What could Kris oppa be asking?" she leaned her back against her seat then stared at her packed soup instead of her meal.

After a while, Kris went back and sat down beside her. "I told Tao I'll be talking to you while we eat."

"Bwo~"  held her chest after hearing Tao's name. "Why did I went nervous after hearing his name?"

Kris raised an eyebrow when he saw that. "Something the matter?"

She quickly shook her head. "Nothing! Anyway, what do you want to ask?" picking up the spoon for her soup,  curiously wondered what it could be.

"Oh. It's about Tao."

Her eyes flew wide open in complete dilemma while still leisurely taking a sip of her soup. "Oh no."  acted as if she knew nothing. "What about Tao oppa?"

Kris drank his water then ate his food. "Well, he's been acting weird lately. Starting the day when you guys returned after hanging out."

"Oh…"  got really anxious now since she was a little afraid and intimidated of Kris. "…About that." she didn't look at Kris but dropped her gaze down to her fidgeting hands that was sweating and shaking.

"Tell me, what happened? Honestly. Truth." he took his glass of water then drank from it. Kris waited for a response while drinking his empty.

had no choice but to admit what had happened. "After giving me his gift, I totally had no courage to give mine back because he… kissed me." her cheeks blushed furiously upon saying the honest truth.

Eyes widening in shock, Kris spat his water out and coughed numerous times. "What-" he coughed. "Se-" and coughed. "…rious-" and coughed more. "-ly?!" he continued coughing. "WHERE?!" he took a table napkin to cover his own mouth from coughing.

She then covered her own blushing face. "My… lips."  tilted her head upwards, sliding her hands up to cover her eyes. She couldn't contain her embarrassment and at the same time, her complete bliss.

Kris’ jaw dropped after hearing that. He couldn't believe what he just heard. To make sure, he asked more questions, "Did he do it on purpose? Or did he desire to do that? Do YOU like him?"

"D-desired?"  couldn't afford to look at Kris. He was bombing her questions. "Uhm… I don't know… yet."

Kris palmed his cheek. "Tao suffered long enough. You two must TALK. NOW." many reasons were popping inside Kris' mind, but it was better off for them to talk first.

"WHAT!!! NO!!! I-I mean… I'm too nervous. Oh my gosh. I'm sorry!"  wanted to tear up. She was greatly perturbed and talking to him today wasn't her plan.

"Finish your food and then I'll tell Tao." Kris used his authoritative voice on her that made her shiver from fright.

"O-okay…" she whined while picking up her spoon and fork.

Sighing deeply, Kris told her one important thing, "Now, now. You do know he gets scared easily. He… always tears up at night when he remembers something. Just so you know. So I guess I know what's the reason behind those tears."

Hearing that about Tao every night,  felt bad. "…I guess I’m not the only one who feels like that every night." she deeply inhaled before nodding, exhaling long. "Okay. We'll talk, oppa."

"Good luck then." Kris calmly smiled at her then he went to completely finish his food before informing Tao.