Apology

The Golden Hotel 3 (골든 호텔 3)

"Where would Chanyeol go to?" Luhan pondered. The three of them were not that far from their room.

Tao then had a thought, "Maybe he went back to see Baekhyun, hyung?"

Both Luhan and 's gaze shifted towards Tao. She agreed to his idea. "You may be right!"

"Then there's no harm in trying." Luhan waited for them to decide.

"Then we should go there first. If he's not there, oppa is really looking for trouble."  wasn't amused at all as she led the way while the two boys followed behind her.

After ten minutes of walking, the trio arrived at the corridor where Baekhyun's corpse lies in one of the rooms. As soon as they stood near his room, they heard someone's cry echoing from inside. The voice was deep and they knew exactly who that person was.

"Chanyeol!"

They ran towards the door and when  opened it widely, they were really in shock at the sight of Baekhyun's burnt corpse. It made them want to puke so they covered their mouths.

She went on ahead inside to go beside Chanyeol who was kneeling down the floor, crestfallen near Baekhyun’s dead body. "Oppa~" To comfort him,  bent down to rub his back. "Let it all out…"

On the other hand, Tao felt like puking while his hand was still over his mouth, trying not to look at the scene. "Ah~ this is unbelievable." He teared up.

"Agree…" Luhan tried his best not to puke so he gulped down, took a deep breath, and went to  and Chanyeol. 

Tao also took a deep breath and tailed Luhan behind. As he glanced around, the area crept him out since the paint on the walls were all peeled off and burnt. "This is too much…"

"Oppa…"  pulled out a handkerchief then she bent her head way down only to see Chanyeol's crying face. "Stop crying… it’s not good anymore. Don't look." Reaching for his hair, she brushed it away from his face and wiped his tears off of his eyes and cheeks.

"Hyung… but hyung…" Chanyeol sobbed and tried to hold in his tears.

pouted. "I know it's hard to believe it but it's not good to feel so upset until now."

"… … …" Chanyeol didn't answer.

 sat down beside him with a deep sigh. She then looked up at Luhan who was beside Tao to his left side and they were quietly watching her and Chanyeol. "You guys should roam around to find anything suspicious here." She said.

"Oh, okay… What should we do?" Tao looked at Luhan who wasn’t sure on what to do first.

"Uhm…" Luhan took too long to figure out what to do, and because of this, palmed her face.

"Aish~ Tao oppa? Please watch the door and scan the walls near it instead while Luhan oppa should take a look at the touch screen device if it's still working." She stared at them for quite a while.

Both of them also stared down at . It seemed like they weren't listening at all so she snapped her fingers to snap them out. "Hello? Did you guys understand?"

"Understood!"

When they went to the opposite direction, Luhan and Tao bumped into each other. "Sorry/ Mianhae!" Both of them moved aside, but together they moved on the same spot. They tried the opposite way, but they went for the same spot again.

"Gege. Stay still." Tao held Luhan's shoulders then he walked past his left side.

Luhan was about to say something but he shook the thoughts off, brisk walking towards the center.

Her eyes shifted to the left side, thinking about their actions that made her awkward. "…They acted very strangely." Her eyes then landed on Baekhyun's burnt corpse. "Turn away…"

 glanced at Chanyeol who moved a little away from Baekhyun's corpse, sitting down with his back faced to her. No words escaped past his lips but he instead began peeling off the paint on the floor. Sighing deeply,  crawled beside Chanyeol to talk to him. "Oppa~ Calm down, I know you're mad~" She knelt down beside Chanyeol and sat on her heels.

"I'm furious…" He answered weakly. "Let me stay here."

"Well, okay, you're furious."  bent her head down again to look at Chanyeol. "…but oppa~"

Chanyeol glanced at her then he positioned himself to the right, facing his back again to her. bit her lip and looked down the floor. She had no choice but to crawl right in front of him. She stood up using her knees and leaned in close. "If you don't stop, I have to do this to you."

"Do what-"

Blushing in beats of red was Chanyeol. He received a loving hug from . He didn’t expect this, but she pulled his head towards her chest to hug him like her upset child. "Baby, don't cry~" She started patting and his hair gently as if he was very fragile and about to break—like how a mother pacifies her child with her touch.

He didn't know what to do exactly but the feeling made him comfortable. "…Why do I feel… like I can't explain what I feel?" Chanyeol buried his head and started crying again. "I'm sorry for being reckless…"

’s lips curved into a small smile. "It's okay. I understand." She wrapped her left arm around his shoulder while his head with her right hand.

"Mnnnn!" Chanyeol hugged closer and it startled her.

"…Aigoo." She smiled wryly and patted his head again, even though she was uncomfortable. "Okay okay~ I forgive Yeollie~"

Meanwhile…

"Too close, too close!" Tao was curiously looking at the paint on the wall when he accidentally ripped it off from jealously. "Aish!" He twitched many times while biting his lips. Irritated, he literally bumped his head on the wall three times, which probably could be heard, until he rested his forehead against it. "Are you trying to make me jealous?" 

When his right hand touched the wall, he noticed the peeled-off paint stuck on his hand. Tao looked at his hand and tried shaking it off, but it was stuck real good. "… … …I'm just paranoid. It's good, it's good comforting people."

From another point of view…

Luhan was smiling from afar. "She's able to calm down Chanyeol~ A really nice dongsaeng." He returned his gaze back on the touch screen and frowned. "I'm jealous…" 

Then he added, "Not the time to be thinking about that though…" Luhan decided to stare and play around with the broken pieces of glass but he noticed something odd. "Wait? Why isn't the screen itself broken?" 

He tried touching the screen. Nothing happened. But he scanned the surface more. Luhan then tried touching the square sides then broke some of the glass off to check the rest. Moving down, he then felt something. "Huh? What is this?"

Luhan, who was very curious, pressed a button. The place then boomed with an abrupt noise sounding like a fire alarm. The lights then flashed on and off, startling them. When a wire on the door exploded near Tao, he jumped out of the way seeing some sparks dancing and cracking. Worst, the door was gradually closing.

"OH NO NO NO!!!" Tao instantly used his hands to stop the door. He was a relieved that the door had already been weakened and a little broken from the previous scene.

"I was innocent!" Luhan panicked, shooting straight up. When he did, something appeared on the screen and he glanced twice to look at it clearly.

"Oppa! What did you do?!"  darted at Luhan.

"I just pressed a button! Curiously!" Luhan pulled his hair.

Chanyeol went pale. "A button?! You shouldn't have!!!"

"GEGES!!! NOW IS NOT THE RIGHT TIME TO BE ARGUING!!!"

All three of them turned to look at Tao who was pushing the door as best as he could. "I'M FULL IN HAND HERE!!! I COULD USE SOME HELP!!!"

"TAO!!!" 

Rushing to his place, the boys helped Tao in pushing the door while they prompted to go ahead.

"Tao! Out—now!!!" Luhan yelled.

Tao moved aside and rushed out the room while Luhan and Chanyeol moved aside rather slowly. "Luhan, hyung! Hurry up!" His foot slid and bumped the wall of the room inside. "My foot can feel the wall and it might get cut off if you don't hurry up!!!"

"I'm trying!" Luhan moved aside more. 

"Tao oppa! Pull them, pull them!"  bit her lips hard outside.

Without hesitation, Tao went in front them while  went to Chanyeol's side to pull his leg out the moment Tao pulls them. "One… two…"

"Three!"  pulled Chanyeol's leg while Tao grabbed their collars and pulled them out with force. 

"Omo!"  fell backwards on the floor while they all staggered out.

Tao safely pulled out Chanyeol and Luhan and they watched the door closed. It was very frightening. If Tao wasn't guarding the door, they could have been locked inside. Who knows what will happen inside?

 sighed in relief. "That was close…"

"-ah!" Chanyeol suddenly went to  with grabby hands. "Are you okay?!"

"Uhm, I'm fine~ and your foot-"  was astounded when Chanyeol hugged her tightly.

"Thank you, again! Omo! How can I live without you? My foot is fine!" Chanyeol pulled away then smiled at her widely and creepily.

Hearing those words,  really felt awkward. And as for the two, their eyes widened when Chanyeol suddenly changed mood.

Luhan pulled Chanyeol back to smack his head. "Pabo yah! How can you change mood when we’re all freakin' worried?! Don't scare our dongsaeng too!"

Chanyeol frowned. "I'm sorry about that, hyung. I promise, I won't scare all of you especially -ah~" He grinned.

"Chanyeol…" Luhan smothered his face.

 smiled crookedly, but she was glad everything was fine. She then noticed Tao quiet in one place, although he was smiling at the sight of the two. She went beside him and nudged him. "Yah~"

"Oh? Yes?" Unintentionally, Tao looked at  too close.

Startled with Tao’s face up-close, she stepped back a little from him. "Uhm… it was a good thing you were near the door."

Tao smiled shyly. "It was a GOOD thing you asked me to stay there."

 eye smiled. "I guess so~" She then spoke to all of them, "We should really go back now. Everyone's worried, Chanyeol oppa~"

Chanyeol nodded obediently. "Arasseo!"

Back in the room, everyone sat back unpleasant. It was taking them so long to come back. Half an hour had already passed by and everybody had already finished eating. They also left some food for them if they have returned.

"Somebody has to look for them." Sehun paced back and forth the room. "What if something bad happened to them?!"

"Calm down, Sehun! It ain't helping, at all!" Kai bit his lips nervously.

"I think I will go and look for them." Chen went for the door.

"Chen, wait!" Kris tried to stop him.

He was about to open the door when the door flew open, smacking right into Chen's face. "OOOW!!!" He was about to fall on the floor. Luckily, Xiumin caught him just in time.

"Omo!!! Chen!!!" Xiumin caught him from behind.

D.O's eyes widened when he saw that painful experience along with the rest. "OMO!!!"

It was , followed by the three boys. "Who did I?" She then saw Chen covering his face in pain. "Omo! Chen, oppa! Are you alright?!" Running to his aid,  repeatedly asked for his forgiveness. "I'm really sorry! I didn't mean to! Omo, Omo~"

Chen waved his hand while wincing in pain. "Aniyo~ it's okay, I'm fine~ Besides, you didn't know I was about to go out the door."

"Aigoo~ Really sorry~"  pursed her lips, still humiliated about it.

When Chanyeol went in, his head was tilted down, ashamed to face the other members. Tao and Luhan then went beside Chanyeol, nudging him to go on ahead but he was shy to even move.

Suho, EXO K's leader, went towards Chanyeol. He gave him one hard push on his head, which stunned everyone. Chanyeol thought he deserved more than that, but that was the only thing Suho could do to him rather than a punch across the face.

"Yah! Don't make us worry so much! Did you know that was a reckless thing to do? What if you got lost in this hotel? Worst, we can't find you anywhere then later on, find out you're dead somewhere!" Suho scolded Chanyeol more and everyone fell silent. "Think about the other members! Losing one member is a great loss already and what if we lost another one today? How would we feel about that?"

Chanyeol still stared down the floor in shame while his hands quivered terribly. His throat went dry and he couldn't bear to speak, but he found the courage to do so after a few moments of silence.

"I'm… I'm really sorry, EXO. It was rather reckless and I have to admit I made a mistake." Chanyeol sighed deeply, continuing, "If it weren't for 's patience to soothe me down, I might have lost it. I respect her for that and I promised I wouldn’t ever do it again. I will stick with you guys always. Once again, jeongmal mianhae." He bowed down 90 degrees.

Everyone applauded Chanyeol's guts to ask for forgiveness. For that, Suho patted his shoulder and flashed him a smile. "Apology accepted."

"Gomawo, hyung!" Chanyeol gave Suho a hug and he returned the same gesture.

"Where did you guys find Chanyeol?" Lay curiously asked.

"Oh… in Baekhyun's room, gege." Tao answered.

Now that they were in good terms, Luhan suddenly remembered about seeing something back inside Baekhyun's room when Tao mentioned it. "-ah?"

"Yes, oppa?" She lifted a brow.

"I think I found another clue." Luhan was uncertain if it was but it was worth telling it to them.

He caught her attention. "You did?!" 

"Another clue?" Kai raised an eyebrow. "In Baekhyun's room?"

Luhan nodded. "Mmm! I did!"

"Do tell what happened." Kris insisted and Luhan told the story.