Jaws

The Golden Hotel 3 (골든 호텔 3)

----, Suho and Lay---

Waiting for quite awhile, 's screen . She needed to play levels 16 until 20. Starting with the brown circle, was thinking of avoiding mistakes since Lay's levels are much harder than hers.

"I need to connect faster."

  
 

"By any chance. . . .even if Lay oppa only got one to three mistakes. . . .would the killer still kill Suho oppa?"

Connecting the last colors, successfully cleared the levels within the time limit and of course, she was able to avoid Suho from getting pulled.

"Wow. . . .awesome playing!" Suho got amazed and was thankful. "Thank you, !"

"No problem!" she flashed a smile but deep in her thoughts, she was worried about Lay. Her heart beat won't stop acting so nervously. "If my intuition is right. . . .we have a killer who doesn't like to lose the game if he insisted on killing Suho oppa." blankly staring in the air for a second, Suho noticed this.

"Gwenchana?" Suho changed his expression to a worried one.

Snapping out, decided not to tell yet. "I forgot what to say. I'll tell you when I remember it."

"Hmm. Arasso."

----Tao, Chen and Luhan----

"I am so nervous." Chen fidgeted. He walked to and fro from his side while Luhan stood watch.

"Chen!" Luhan pounded the glass wall, calling him again. "Chen!"

Turning around, Chen fixed his view at Luhan. "Gege?" he approached him.

"Don't be so nervous, okay? Just think fast and keep on connecting them! It doesn't matter if you get only one mistake."

"It will definitely hurt you if you got pulled!"

"It's okay. I'll bear it." Luhan saw Chen's device turning on. "You're up! Gudluck."

Chen looked past behind his shoulder to catch a good glimpse of the monitor screen then back at Luhan. "Hwaiting!"

"Hwaiting!" Luhan pumped his fist in the air and watched Chen walk away to play the game.

Looking at the screen, Chen quickly connected the Green circle first then the Turquoise colored circle. It was a nice start for him as he continued to level 22.

 

When he tried playing level 23, Chen got stuck on how to actually fill in the board. "Omo! Ahh. . . .ahh. . . .Luhan ge! I think you should sit down! I can't complete level 23!"

"Mwo?" Luhan got nervous so he sat down on the floor immediately.

0:00

Chains clincking, in a blink of an eye, Luhan got yanked forcefully across the floor. "OOOOUUUUCH!!! MY ANKLES!!!" stopping, Luhan felt like his ankles were going to dislocate from the force. "Owowowowow. . . ."

"GEGE! Are you alright?" both Chen and Tao shouted to get a respond from Luhan.

"No, I am not! This is really painful!" slowly sitting up, Luhan reached for his aching ankles. "Aaaah~ it really hurts. . . ."

"Omo, mianhae, hyung!" Chen went back to play the rest of the levels and luckily, there were no more mistakes.

 

"I finished it!"

Shifting sounds were heard. Tao was touching the glass wall when he felt that it was moving so he quickly removed his hand. "We beat the game?" he saw the glass walls going back to where it was before.

"We did." Chen looked at the glass wall withdrawing.

Click. Ka-cha. Clang.

"Huh?" Luhan looked at his feet and his ankles were free from the shackles. "Hey, I'm free!" touching his ankles, Luhan tried rotating his feet to relieve it from the pain.

Tao came running beside Luhan, kneeling down to check on him. "Can you stand?" he supported Luhan by swinging his left arm around his shoulder, ready to lift his weight.

"I can try." Luhan firmly grips unto Tao, slowly standing up. "Aah~" he pulled away from Tao.

You okay, gege?" Tao asked one more time.

Luhan showed a smile then nodded. "Yeah, I can stand."

"Guys? Look at what we have here." Chen called their attention.

When Luhan and Tao turned to look at Chen, they saw the screen playing something. It was rather a video sort of clip but it was shooting live, definitely. The moment they got closer, their eyes widens in shock when they saw Lay, Suho and on the screen.

"Yah! What is this? Why do we see them?" Luhan got worried watching them.

Tao saw Lay going to play. "Can everybody watch this?"

"I guess so. How should I know?" Chen shrugged.

The trio exchanged anxious looks. Something is definitely off.

----Lay, Suho and ----

It was Lay's turn to play Flow. He was already on the last five levels which was 26 until 30. More pressure for him. So, he started right away. Lay connected first the Orange cirles followed by the Blue then Pink circles. While connecting the pipes, Lay wasn't sure how to connect them right so he had troubles.

"Aaah~ Aaah~ Omo omo! Wrong move!" Lay bit his lower lip and refreshed the board to try and connect it correctly but he has the tendency to forget things. "Wait, what did I do first?"

Suho panicked behind the glass wall. "LAAAAAAY!!! ANSWER THAT PUZZLE!!!"

"I'M TRYING, HYUNG!!!" Lay jumped up and down a little from his place in panic. Time was running out and eventually, he did.

stared at the chains and noticed that it was going to move, rather pull Suho across the floor. Her eyes widened in realization. "OPPAAA!!! SIT!!!" she pounded the glass wall to get his attention.

"Huh?-" when Suho turned around, without warning, he was forcefully yanked across, hitting his head on the floor. He wanted to scream in pain that time but he wasn't able to. The impact ringed inside his head, causing him to fall unconscious.

"OH MY GOD, SUHOOO!!! SUHOOOOO!!!" 's voice cracked, trying to wake him up.

Lay hysterically tried to take a look at Suho and saw his head bleeding. "HE'S BLEEDING!!!" his breathing became uneasy when he saw he blood flowing out.

Turning pale, looked at Lay calmly. "Just continue what you are doing!"

----Chanyeol, Kris, D.O, Kai----

All of them staggered on what happened. They were now viewing Suho sprawled on the floor, lifeless.

"Did you saw that?!" D.O pointed at the screen, looking at Kris wide eyed. "I swear when WE got pulled, it wasn't THAT hard and fast!"

"This is bad. . . ." Kris pursed his lips anxiously.

"I think her facts are true now." Chanyeol nervously looked at them, shaking badly.

". . . ." Kai wanted to say something but it wasn't appropriate to say it. ". . . . No matter what, we should not suspect others." he changed it to respect Kris and Tao.

Even if he did, Kris somehow knew it was implied to them so he quitely nodded along with everyone else.

----Chen, Luhan and Tao----

"HEY!!! THAT WAS UNCALLED-FOR!!!" Chen was surely pissed off.

"He really got yanked hard. . . ." Luhan squished his pale cheeks, horrified at what he just saw.

HE'S BLEEDING!!!

When Tao heard Lay announcing that Suho's head was bleeding, he wanted to get out of the room already. "Can we get out of here?" Tao sounded desperate while going for the door, then he tried to find any button to open it. "We can't even go out yet!" he nervously stepped back, scanning the door with hope of finding one.

Luhan's eyebrow came together when he thought of something, then he shook his head down with a serious expression. "If we can't go out even when finishing the game. . . ." he shifted to look at Tao then to Chen as if someone died already. ". . . .Suho will die and possibly, even if Lay beat the game, the killer would still try to kill him. Something is still up here."

"But. T-that's. . . .UNFAIR." Tao stammered on his words. How far can the killer go? This is just the third game and the third death. There is still a long way to go.

"Wait!" Chen tried to clear things up. "If what you're saying may be possibe, 's clues are not facts anymore, and the killer is just toying with us! Losing is not an option so he's cheating. He might be even using this opportunity to buy some time to plan behind our backs while we're trapped here!"

Luhan frowned when he thought of the killer being one of them. "But how would he when he's with us. . . .if dongsaeng is right."

"Okay. I take it back. It was a joke." Chen poker faced.

"No, wait, take it back, gege." Tao had an idea.

"Why?" Chen and Luhan looked at Tao curiously. They wanted to know what he found out.

"What if. . . ." Tao gazed at them with serious eyes. ". . . .the killer hired people and they're just here to carry out his dirty works? I mean, if you're the killer, you can lie about only him and us being in here."

With that new idea, Luhan and Chen exchanged anxious looks on their faces. It may be possible. On the screen, Lay can be seen playing again. However, things were not going so well when Suho was getting yanked across the floor unconsiously with his blood leaving trails on the floor.

----, Suho and Lay----

"GAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!"

In level 27, Lay shouted in frustration when he got the pipes right but he wasn't able to fill in the whole block spaces. He had to redo some pipes to fill them all up but time ran out, the chains dragged Suho across the floor again.

"SUHO!!! SUHO!!!" desperately called his name over and over again, stumbling on the floor to try again but she wasn't getting any reponse yet. "WAKE UP!!!" she looked up to browse the glass wall to try and find a way to break through it.

Lay heard some pounding sounds while playing the next level. "Y-yah!" he glanced back a little and saw her trying to kick the glass wall now before going back to the screen. "What are you doing now?! You can't break the glass wall!. . . .yes!" Lay managed to clear a level so he moved on to the next.

"We won't know until we keep trying!!!" took six steps backwards while figuring out the right timing for her kick. With enough momentum, she ran quickly as she can towards the glass wall to gain maximum power. Quick reflexes, she did the same move back when she and Tao smashed the tube container of Xiumin.

C-Crack.

She did it again and again while Lay got unlucky again. Suho got dragged pitifully for the last time and another mistake would be dangerous. If breaks through the glass wall then Lay made a mistake again, both would be in grave danger especially her.

All EXO members watching the nerve wrecking scene were getting an unpleasant feeling. They wanted to help somehow but looking at , Tao and Luhan both have the same thoughts, wanting to tell her to stop.

"What are you doing! Stop it! That's a very bad idea!"

Going back to Lay, Suho and , Lay tried playing the last level of the game. His hands were getting sweaty. He tried his best to complete the level without mistakes because one more, Suho is dead.

Glass Shatters.

"Huh?!" Lay turned around just to see have smashed through the glass wall, going now to aid Suho. "Y-yah! !" he went back to play the game.

Hopping using her right leg, fell on her knees to carefully lift Suho's head. It appears that she hurt her left leg from breaking through the glass. "Suho! Suho!" she tried slapping his cheek carefully to wake him up. "Wake up!"

"Hnnn. . . " Suho groaned for the first time.

tried looking at his right temple and it surely was bleeding badly. "Don't move your head too much."

"Waeyo?. . . ." he tried lifting his head but soon after, Suho felt something heavy that prevents him to even move a muscle. Later, it was followed by a seething pain. "AAAHHH~ It hurts~. . . ." he twitched in pain.

"Shh Shhh. . . .your head is bleeding badly and I think you cracked your skull." saw the blood trails and from his head, blood were still dripping.

After awhile, Suho let out a soft sob, catching her attention. "I think this is it. . . ." Suho held on to her wrist as if he was going to give his last wish before his death. He reached for her head and pulled her down to whisper something.

By that mysterious message, 's expression was so shocked that she couldn't help to tear up, tears starting to trickle down her cheek. ". . . . . ."

On Lay's point of view, he successfully completed the last puzzle of the game but while and Suho were busily talking, he saw something on the screen in red font. Face turning pale, Lay quickly turned around to call her attention.

"GET OOOUT!!!"

C-clink. Clank. Ziiiip.

"Huh???"

In a matter of seconds, Suho was yanked away from 's arms. Everything was like in slow motion. He got pulled until the end of the thinner glass, smashing through it. Water came rushing in wildly and as for her who got caught in such predicament, she quickly took a deep breath and let the water smack her body, carrying her way back the room. 's back hits the wall hard and she stayed under water. Lay watched, horrified as he saw the water filling in the other side where and Suho were once in.

----Luhan, Chen and Tao----

"!!!" Luhan and Tao both shouted. They wanted to get out of the room immediately as they walk back and forth, thinking of what to do.

"She's going to drown!" Luhan said in panic.

"DAMN!" Tao kicked the wall beside him.

Chen wanted to say something but he's scared of their expressions and also, knowing the fact that both are somehow in love with her. ". . . .Hoo boy."

----Chanyeol, Kris, D.O and Kai----

"AAAAHHH!!! WHY'D SHE DO THAT!!!" Chanyeol jumped up and down from his place. He was surely panicking more than everyone else in the room.

"WHAT DO WE DO!!! WHAT WILL SHE DO!!!" D.O pulled his hair while running around the room uneasily.

Kris bit his lips. Due to anger, he punched the wall next to him. "She's an idiot. . . ." he mumbled.

"Aaaah~ but I think that's typical for noona to do and help others!" Kai saw Kris punching the wall again, then running his fingers through his hair to grip it tightly. "Aaaah~ I wish the room would elevate-" Kai got interrupted when the room started shaking.

"Be careful on what you wish for???" D.O felt the room shaking then something shifting.

Before they knew it, they were somehow going up. They can tell by looking outside. "Hey, look!" Chanyeol pointed outside. They all saw that they were somehow rising above the surface.

----Sehun----

Back to Sehun's view, every time the players were getting a mistake, he keeps on going down a level. Frightened and immobile, Sehun couldn't stand up anymore when he was above the water. He could already touch the surface and every time he moves, the water vibrates with sensitivity.

"What~ will happen?"

Hyperventilating, Sehun saw the water up ahead vibrating. He watched until bubbles started rising. Also, he began trembling badly when a fin of the Great White Shark starts showing up above, followed by another. Something attracted them to swim up the surface.

Later, Sehun heard the chains unwinding. Something was getting pulled up the surface. Moments later, he saw someone suspended upsidedown in the air until the chains stopped unwinding. "Hyung? SUHO HYUNG!!!" he shouted, seeing Suho all soaking wet.

Blood was dripping down the surface of the water as he swayed back and forth the room. Suho couldn't speak nor clearly see and hear but definitely he can hear someone calling his name but he was unsure. The fact that his skull was cracked and troublesome, Suho was getting weaker and weaker.

Sehun stood up and tried to call him once more. "SUHO HYUUUNG!!! SUHOOO-"

A Great White Shark suddenly jumped out of the surface to try and take a bite of Suho's head, along with his arms and half of his body, but it failed to even reach him. Sehun trembled badly walking backwards to stay away from the water. He wanted to cry for help and scream but he couldn't do so. When he took another step backwards, someone suddenly clamped his mouth from behind using a handkerchief and pulled him out of the platform.

"Mmmmftt!!! Mmm!!!"

Sehun couldn't scream at all. Someone is trying to put him to sleep. The scent was chloroform and alas, he disappeared through another room without any trace.

--------

Still underwater, tried holding her breath longer, the taste of the aquarium was salty like the sea and ocean. She tried opening her eyes to see, and swim to keep her floating but her shoes were in the way. It was making her feet float up first rather than her head at the top while her feet at the bottom.

"Just. . . .a little more. . . .hold it in. . . ." The pressure in her ears started kicking in. So she assumed that they were moving above the surface.

While struggling to hold in her breath longer, can hear her own heart beat beating fast. She was nervous and scared. Under water, something dangling around her neck appeared floating. She held unto it and thought of Tao. It was the Yin and Yang necklace that they both have. By picturing Tao in her head, she remembered what Kris had whispered to her before he goes in the elevator to go up his floor, back then when Baekhyun was still alive.

----Flashback---- *Chapter 13*

"We're here now. I should go now before I waste more time." stepped out of the elevator but Kris pulled her back and whispered something.

"If there was a chance. . . . . ."

". . . . .that you were in a situation between life and death, hold on to the necklace that Tao gave you and think of him. Back then, he told me that if you get in danger, he would do anything he can to rescue you even if his life is on the line. Wait for him. He will come to your rescue."

Eyes widening in shock, got nervous all of a sudden on what was Kris whispering to her. He pulled away from her then patted her head, blocking the elevator door with his other hand.

"Think about it too."

----End of Flashback----

"Tao. . . .I'm scared."

couldn't hold her breath any longer and allowed herself to float. The predicament she was in was far too tight. She floated and Lay could see that she fell unconscious. He wanted to do something behind that glass wall but what could he do? When they were rising from the surface, water started flowing out and down the aquarium, carrying as well. Lay panicked but stood there in disappointment.

"Now what will happen?"

----Luhan, Chen and Tao----

They stopped moving and behind their backs, the door opened. They were in another level. Also, they have the option to go out or watch Suho get eaten by the Great White Sharks. In the middle of deciding, Tao saw someone floating. To his surprise, it was floating above the surface unconsciously. Everything else was noticed by others but he forgot about Sehun missing on the clock platform already.

"SHE'S THERE!!!!"

"WHERE?!"

Luhan and Chen ran toward the glass to take a look, and there, they saw floating unconsciously. Luhan panicked more. "Yah yah yah! Those sharks would get attracted to her!"

"Oh yeah!" Chen agreed. "Didn't she injured her leg?"

Tao remembered smashing through the glass wall, hopping to Suho's aid with her right leg. He did saw a cut and now Tao is in a deep thought. ". . . . . ."

Back in the scene, the Great White Sharks tried one again to take a bite of Suho. One shark swam further away to try and jump higher than the others. Going near, the shark jumped up really high. Suho opened his eyes weakly and the last angelic smile on his face was seen before closing it again, to get ready for the bite.

". . . . .Stay safe. . . .EXO. . . . ."

Crunch. Munch.

In a flash, everyone wanted to puke. They witnessed Suho's gruesome death. The Great White Shark took a huge bite out of Suho, biting his arms, head, and half of his upper body. Some internal organs went dangling out, namely the intestines. Pool of blood came dripping down and the water turned red, attracting a lot of sharks.

Almost all of them bursted with bitter sobs and cry. It was a very terrible sight to see. Goosebumps also started forming. All they have to do is walk out and try to see what lies ahead but unfortunately, another person caught their attention.

----Luhan, Chen and Tao----

"We should try and do something!" Chen encouraged. "And find the whereabouts of Sehun!"

"Tao! We should go out-" Luhan's eyes widened the moment he saw Tao taking the chains. "DON' THINK ABOUT IT-"

Smash.

"TAO!!!!"

Tao took the chains in his hands. He saw a shark starting to act suspiciously. It was planning to try and take a bite of rather. Without hesitating, he went to the middle of the room, ran and smashed through the thin glass, jumping down the aquarium with a huge splash.

----Chanyeol, Kris, D.O and Kai----

"WHAT THE ACTUAL IS HE DOING?!" D.O's mouth hanged open widely. It was unexpected of Tao.

Kris can feel his heart beating rapidly as he watched Tao swimming towards . "Let's leave it to Tao. . . .he knows what he's doing."

"Are you insaaaaaaaaaaaaane?!" Chanyeol grimaced, gesturing his hands as if he wanted to make a crumpling motion in the air.

"Hyung! You're insaaaane!!!" Kai wiped his tears away, watching the scene nervously.

"DO YOU GUYS TRUST EACH OTHER?!" Kris bursted, raising his voice.

That made them jump up in surprise. Kris raised his voice at them for the first time. Exchanging looks, they nodded quietly without a single word. Sighing deeply, Kris apologized. "I'm sorry. . . .for now, we should trust Tao and let's get out of this room first."

With that, they followed Kris outside the room, leaving the scene.

----Tao and ----

Tao rose to the surface to take a deep breath. Holding the chains in his hands, he quickly swam towards her while almost all the sharks were busy around Suho's dead body. One Great White Shark turned around to try and bite her. Tao quickly looked to the left to see the fin of the shark going towards . Time was Tao's enemy right now. He needs to reach her. To save her fast. He swam faster, calling her name desperately.

"!!! !!! WAKE. UUUUUP!!!!"

Hearing Tao's voice, she opened her eyes slowly. She thought that she was dreaming. "Tao?. . . ." looking to her right, 's eyes flew wide open when she realized a shark was going to take a bite of her.

"TAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

She screamed at the top of her lungs.