The Golden Hotel

The Golden Hotel 3 (골든 호텔 3)

"No use. All phones are down." Suho sighed then pocketed his phone.

"Mine too. There's no signal." Lay pivoted to check the surrounding area. Nothing could be seen.

"Are we going to be fine?" Tao asked Kris.

"Don't think too much, Tao." Kris patted his head.

"Dongsaeng~ Are you okay?" Luhan went beside  to check on her.

"Yeah, I'm fine…" she nodded. "No am not… something is really wrong."

Sehun placed his hand on Luhan's shoulder. "Hyung… I am nervous."

"Don't be~" Luhan tried to be positive.

D.O looked around the area. It was just dirt everywhere, except for some puddles. "Are we even near Chicago?"

Suho seemed to disagree. "We still have one hour of flight."

"One hour?" Kai repeated the time.

"Somewhere in the U.S?" Chanyeol guessed.

"North or South Dakota?" Baekhyun brained stormed.

Xiumin butted in, "Keep guessing. We don't even know where we are." he rather said it sarcastically.

"Are you being sarcastic, hyung?" Chen rested his right arm on top of his left shoulder to join in with them.

While still discussing among themselves, the propellers of the plane were suddenly operated. Everybody was relieved that everything was fine, until  noticed the plane's wheels were somehow moving already. She stared at it hard for a while but she was very sure of it and it was now moving faster.

"OH MY GOSH!!! THE PLANE IS LEAVING!!!"

"Huh?!" 

They were startled by her sudden outburst but she was right. The plane was moving and about to fly away. They moved aside to avoid being in by the propellers. Worst, be shredded in pieces.

"HEY, HEY, HEY!!! WHY IS THE PLANE LEAVING?!" Suho went hysterical.

"WHY IS THE PLANE LEAVING?!?!" Tao had a nervous breakdown. "WHY IS IT LEAVING?!?!" 

"T-TAO!!! CALM DOWN!!!" Kris had to grab hold of him when he started throwing tantrums.

"WE'RE GONNA DIE!!!" Baekhyun panicked.

"I WANT TO GET MARRIED FIRST!!!" Chanyeol pulled his hair in panic.

Before anyone could react more,  went in between Baekhyun and Chanyeol. In a blink of an eye, she pushed their heads against each other, causing their foreheads to bump into each other. They fell down to the ground with a thud and everyone stared at her with mouths hanging open. From a distance, the plane flew away already.

sighed. "Well!" she placed her hands on her sides. "That calmed you all down."

"Ow~" Chanyeol rubbed his forehead while Kai helped him up.

"What was that for?" Baekhyun stood up with the help of D.O while rubbing his forehead.

"Right." she eyed them. "I knew this was coming."

"You knew this was coming?" Lay raised an eyebrow.

"Huh? What do you mean, ?" Luhan's face went pale.

"How would you know?" Chen tried asking.

"Wait, wait. Let her finish first." Xiumin voiced out his opinion.

heaved a sigh before telling them her idea. "I think one of you planned this. One of the EXO members."

Everybody exchanged looks. It was exaggerated. Kris then asked, "One of the EXO members? How?"

"To make things clear-don't include Tao since he was with me."  said it seriously, then Tao eyed her hard.

"Wait! I don't understand what's going on!" Sehun got confused at their situation.

"Are you trying to say we're like suspects?" Kai tried to guess.

D.O's right eye twitched. "SUSPECTS?!"

"Hey, wait a minute, dongsaeng." Luhan frowned. "Why? How sure are you?"

cleared and casually said, "Of course. I'm a witness."


You were awake…

"Okay. Go on." Suho gestured a nod while crossing his arms.

"I woke up around 4am. I saw one of you passing by. I didn’t know where 'he' was headed, but when he came back, I even saw the stewardess bowing down. That certain someone told the captain something and also with the stewardess if I am not mistaken."  concluded.


Trying to be smart?

All of a sudden, they were anxious. Who would do such a thing? Many questions were now being asked to her.

"Are you sure you're not dreaming?" Chanyeol's voice was loud and his eyes were twitching.

"I am not dreaming oppa!"  glared at Chanyeol. "I know what I saw! I was wide awake! While sleeping, I'm even hugging Ta-aoow-…" her cheeks flared insanely red after saying too many proofs.

Tao also blushed when he heard that from her, but he agreed. "Yup, she's not dreaming… Uhm, she was."

Baekhyun eyed both of them then he mischievously smiled. "HO HO HO! What were you two doing?"

"What the?" Luhan got jealous. He somehow wanted to be Tao instead.

Hearing that from Baekhyun, Luhan wanted to punch him, but the mood suddenly got lighter when Baekhyun teased both of them.  was so embarrassed that she wanted to punch him as well. 

"BACON OPPA!!!" she was about to land a fist.

"!" Tao stopped her fist. "That was close!"

When Tao touched her, she withdrew her hand immediately. "Sorry." she looked away to hide her flustered face, crossing her arms.

"She was about to punch me~" Baekhyun whined to Chanyeol.

"Aigoo." Chanyeol scratched his head. "Don't look at me."

"I'm sorry, oppa!"  bit her lip.

Suho cleared his throat to speak for a moment, "I have a question." everybody then listened. "If it was planned, the lights?"

"Oh yeah, the light bulbs." Lay remembered them exploding.

"The glass almost injured me." Kris recalled.

sighed. "Common sense. A hired mechanic can make that kind of stuff happen. Somebody just have to trigger the switch or something." she made it sound like she knew everything.

"You know a lot…" Luhan was in awe.


Tch.

"So what do we plan to do?" D.O asked everyone.

They all shrugged to each other, but their eyes averted to both leaders.

Kris browsed all of their expressions. He sighed heavily then asked Suho, "We should walk. I think that's better rather than standing here."

"Agree." Suho nodded. "We should try to find shelter-if there is. You decide the direction."

"Hopefully." Kris then turned to them. "We head north. We should start walking since it’s not that hot. Hopefully, we find a road."

Chen picked up his backpack. "Then we should start walking."

Kai swung his bag over his shoulder. "To the north!"

Wasting no more time, everybody grabbed their belongings and started walking. It would be a pain to walk for miles but what if they found shelter? They could ask for help. The sun was up but the wind was cold. It lessened the burden of walking for hours.

It took them one hour to follow the direction of the plane that left them. Who would do such a crazy idea amongst EXO? From all that walking and resting, something was spotted from afar. Kris, being the tallest member, spotted it clearly.

"Hey. I see something up ahead." Kris shaded his eyes using his hand to see the view better.

"Where?" Chanyeol, the second tallest, went beside Kris. The sun's rays blinded his eyes, causing him to look away. "Aigoo! That something is shiny."

Tao, the third tallest, went to the other side of Kris. He also shaded his eyes. "Should we check it out, Kris ge?"

Kris looked at Suho. "Should we?" 

"No harm in trying?" Suho shrugged his shoulders then he turned to the other members. "We saw something up ahead! We should press onward!"

"I don't want to walk anymore~" Kai was walking awkwardly. His foot must be hurting badly now.

Lay patted his back. "Can you still walk?"

"I still can, hyung." Kai winced in pain, trying to find a spot in his shoe to become more comfortable.

All of them picked up their paces faster to see what was ahead. Each step they took, the building got taller and wider. They could describe it as an expensive looking hotel, coated with gold, until a big sign in front could be read. Although, it was kind of creepy.

"The Golden Hotel?"  raised an eyebrow. Everybody felt relieved but she wasn't. "The font is in Chiller…" suddenly, she went nervous.

"Woo! So we're in Chicago?" Baekhyun felt like flailing his arms in the air.

"Maybe?" Chen looked around. "But… this hotel is in the middle of nowhere."

"Why don't we try going in?" Lay suggested. He was already helping Kai walk. "Kai's foot is in pain."

D.O went to Kai. "Did you bruise your toes?"

"I think so." Kai sighed deeply when he stopped walking for a while to rest them. "They hurt badly."

Suho then looked over at Kris. "I think we should check out the hotel."

Kris nodded. "We should go-"

"Wait!"  halted them. "Are you guys sure it's safe? I'm getting high-strung."

Luhan eyed . He went edgy as well when she remarked that. "What if she's right? She freaked me out last week. I have to admit."

"I think there's no harm in trying." Sehun agreed. "Kai hyung needs to rest and the rest of us does. We have shelter."

"Well, okay…"  didn't like the idea, but nothing will happen if they didn’t give it a shot.

As they walked further, they were so amazed of how the hotel was so huge. It was very tall and wide. The floors and rooms couldn't be as well counted. It was too many. The exterior designs were very convincing and exquisite for people to conclude the place as safe, and also, well polished. People could be inside. They wouldn't know unless they go inside. What bothered her, was that, the hotel door was wide open. As if it was expecting them to come and check in.

Both leaders entered the hotel followed by the members. The lounge was huge and everything seemed normal. Arriving at another door, they decided to push it wide open. When they did, everything was yellow and gold to marbled tiles and red-carpeted floors. Everything was really normal. The place could be compared to a royal palace. Everything shone brightly.

Lay helped Kai to sit on one of the red couches while he took off his shoes. However, something was off. As they were walking,  noticed the place was too quiet because their footsteps could be heard clearly. Usually, in a hotel like this, there should be at least people everywhere and the reception area should have at least two staffs to assist the people inside. But there was none. Everyone could rest for a bit, when the door that they had pushed wide open, suddenly slammed loud, shutting them inside.

Tao flinched in his place, jumping up in surprise. "Bwooo~" he held his throbbing chest while clinging onto Kris' sleeve.

"That scared the crap out of me!" Xiumin chuckled nervously.

Chen also chuckled nervously. "Same here…"

"That must be the wind." Sehun guessed.

When Sehun mentioned the word wind,  caught her attention. Everyone agreed, but she didn't. "Hold up! Don't celebrate!"

"Waeyo?" Luhan questioned  while they stared at her.

She eyed Sehun. "You mentioned WIND, right?" when she saw him nodding, the ominous feeling went back.  abruptly sprinted away from the group to head for the huge door.

"Dongsaeng! Where are you going?!" Luhan was puzzled along with them.

She shouted while running towards the door, "How can there be any wind when this hotel is closed?!" stopping in front of the door,  tried pulling it. Bad news. It won't budge even though she went on full strength. "I CAN'T OPEN THE DOOR!!!"

They exchanged petrified looks. Kris had to follow her but Tao was then heard tearing up again. "Kris ge! I'm so afraid!"

Kris looked back at Tao and he saw him trying to hold his tears in. "Tao! Don't cry!"

Some members got worried for him. They knew how sensitive Tao could get. Kris glanced at Suho to gesture a nod for him to go instead. "You go."

Suho nodded, rushing immediately to . "It won't really budge?"

"No, oppa." she stopped examining the door to look up.

"Let me try." Suho tried pulling it open but it wouldn’t budge. He tried again but nothing happened.

"Let me help."  offered to help Suho this time. They tried pulling it together as hard as they could, but it wouldn’t really budge. "Ah~ it's no use!" both of them stopped pulling.

"Damn… Are we locked in?" Suho’s insanity dropped looking up at the huge door before glancing her with hopeless eyes.

"If only we could find the exit…" she then decided to head for the side of the door to look for something while Suho tried once again.  tried to search for the screw and she found some installed wires. "Electrical wires? Automatic door-"


Screech…

A loud screeching sound was heard echoing throughout the hotel. The EXO members, including , were now very frightened. They glanced around to find the source of the sound while Suho and  went back to the group. Another screeching sound followed then the lights began flickering.

Screech…

"BWO!!!"

"Everyone, stay close to each other!!!" Kris yelled and everybody did so.

The lights were still flickering on and off when a distorted laughing sound echoed. Everybody gathered together and stayed alert.



Hahahaha…
Welcome…