No Choice

The Golden Hotel 3 (골든 호텔 3)

"What the heck is going on?" Kai fumbled wearing his shoes back. 

"Are you sure you're okay to walk again?" D.O reassured Kai while helping him up.

"Nae, hyung. Although, it still hurts." Kai stood up, hopping once.

"This~ isn't funny at all~" Tao's voice trembled badly.

"Let's get out of here… I want to get out." Sehun clung onto Luhan's sleeve.

Luhan looked at Sehun with a frightened face. "Yah, I want to get out as much as you do, Sehun."

"Was it a bad idea going north?..." Kris wasn't amused and he felt guilty of choosing their path.

"No one's fault, Kris oppa. No one's fault."  said firmly, reasoning, "It's only natural since up ahead was supposed to be our destination. Nobody would want to go back to the previous path because that's a long way."

"She does have a point, Kris." Suho nodded in agreement.


Scared?...

"Yaaaah~ What's up with the creepy voice!" Chanyeol whined upon hearing the distorted voice while shaking Baekhyun like a doll.

"Don't ask me!" Baekhyun swatted his hands away. 

"I'm not a fly." Chanyeol stared hard with mouth agape.

"Stop shaking me then! You're making me nervous!"

"Quiet, you two!" Xiumin scolded them, making sure they'd stop.


All of you must be wondering…
Who am I?
It's not important…
The important part is…

You are all gathered here today…

Where are all the people?
The people are you…
Yes, only you thirteen…


"What's that supposed to mean?" Lay bit his finger nervously.

"This place looks new to me… It doesn't look… old." Chen seemed stupefied about the hotel.

tensed up staying calm. "…I have a bad feeling about this."


Straight to the point…
All of you will play a game…
What kind? You'll find out soon…

By the way…

You can freely roam around the hotel.
Do whatever you like.
Don't get lost though.

However, you won't be going anywhere…
Hahahaha!...


"Wait! Does that mean we are unable to leave this hotel?!" Kai's eyes widened in horror, exchanging crestfallen looks with everyone else.

"Is this a set up or something?" Chanyeol dearly hoped it was.

"I don't think this is a set up."  strongly declared. "Who would put a hotel in the middle of nowhere?"

"Good point." Xiumin nodded in agreement.

"We can't go out now since the door is closed shut." Suho grumbled.

"The door is automatic, by the way."  almost forgot.

Suho turned to eye her. "Automatic?"

"I found wires on its sides near the screws. We're not really alone."

"Hold up!" Luhan raised his hand. "You said a while ago, one of us is a suspect."

"Nae." Sehun recalled as well. "And that person behind the speakers said only 'us'."

"The person in the plane?" Lay questioned, then he asked, "How is it one of us if somebody is behind the audio system???"

heaved a huge sigh before answering, "Of course… that person must be working with someone else. If not, the voice can be recorded and that EXO member might be holding a device." she then palmed her forehead. "Do you guys have any brains?"

"Ouch…" Baekhyun remarked sarcastically.

Chen elbowed Baekhyun, signaling him to shut up. "… … …"

Suddenly, Tao spoke, "If that is the case… you should include me as a suspect along with everyone else."

Kris snapped his head towards Tao. "Tao! Don't say that!"

But Tao frowned. "It's not fair if everyone else is a suspect--excluding me…"

"Aw~" 's heart softened for a brief moment, smiling purely at him. "Tao oppa is so sincere~"

"… … …" cheeks burning, Tao returned the same smile, only bashfully.

Sehun glanced at Luhan who was without any expression written on his face. "Someone is not amused…"

Luhan pouted. "Don't say that, Sehun. I was just thinking."

"Thinking of her?" Sehun added deftly.

He elbowed him. "Stop it!"

"What do we do now? We can roam around the… creepy hotel." D.O shivered from fright just by thinking of something jumping at them.

"We find our room keys?" Kai shrugged, scanning their misguided looks.

"Common thing to do anyway." Lay agreed, nodding his head.

"Where's the reception area?" Xiumin glanced around.

"There." Kris gestured a nod to point where the reception was. "We should get the keys, Suho."

"Okay."

wanted to come along. "I'll come with you both. Can I?"

Kris only stared at Suho before landing his gaze to . Suho looked at Kris then he pulled her along with him. "Let's go."

While they were walking towards the reception area, Lay opened up a topic. "Is it me, or… she became like a smart leader? Or something."

Chen nodded right away. "I was a little stunned back then. It's like she knows everything."

"Yah!" Luhan suddenly shouted, "Don't be like that to her!"

When he snapped, Sehun held his shoulders. "Hyung, hyung, hyung! Calm down!"

"Whoa~ Luhan hyung! No need to shout!" Chanyeol raised his palms defensively.

"They were just wondering, Luhan. No need to get worked up about it." Xiumin patted Luhan's back.

"But still!" Luhan scowled, whining like a baby.

"Maybe there is an explanation?" Tao tried to guess.

"Since you're close to her, hyung, do you know anything?" Kai asked Luhan curiously.

"Anything we need to know!" Baekhyun squinted his eyes. "The way she said that this was planned… it's freaky!"

"Uhm…" Luhan's tone of voice sounded like there was a bit of hesitation.

----Kris, Suho, ----

When they arrived near the counter, the trio found three keys already laid down on top of the marbled tile. With Kris taking the keys on hand, a sudden mini heart attack occurred upon seeing the design of the key’s base.

"WHAT!"

Suho and  got startled. "Why?"

Arranging the scrabbled letters together, Kris read what was formed, "E X O… This isn't a joke anymore. Okay, I believe you, ." facing them, he took the keys then lined it up on his palm to show them.

Their eyes popped out the moment they laid their eyes on it. "It spelled EXO." Suho averted his dazed eyes at whose face turned pale.

"…We need to find out who's that person I saw very early in the morning on that plane," she said firmly, dumbfounded.

"How?" Suho asked. 

"We wait and see." 

Kris nodded. "Then we should divide into three groups with four members each, but the other one has to be five."

"I think the three of us should be the leaders in each rooms." Suho suggested.

"I think that's a good idea." Kris nodded in agreement.

got surprised. "Mwo?! So you mean--"

"Nae. I think you have the skills of a leader deep inside you." Suho complimented, "I believe you're smart on this kind of stuff."

Kris nodded again. "We might need that… intuition of yours."

She hesitated at first before deciding to accept the offer. "Okay then! So, which members are under us?"

"I'll be with Tao, Chen, and Xiumin." Kris chose them. 

"Lay, D.O and Kai." Suho added.

"Which means, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Sehun and Luhan are with me."  stated.

"Pick your keys." Kris showed the keys.

took the O key, Suho took the X key, and what's left was the E key for Kris. They went back to the group then Suho announced what to do in the hotel since they couldn’t go anywhere.

"EXO! Sorry to announce that we'll be staying here. So, we have room assignments. Only three groups with four members each, but the third one will have five members. That would be 's side."

It was Kris' turn to speak, "We already decided which room leader you are to obey and listen. That's the three of us; , Suho and I." he continued, "On my side are Tao, Chen and Xiumin." the three of them exchanged looks upon knowing who they were rooming with before coming to Kris’ side.

"On my side, Lay, D.O, and Kai." Suho pointed at them and they also exchanged looks before coming to his side.

"Of course, the ones left are on my side. That would be Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Sehun and Luhan." went to them.

"So… what is our room number?" Luhan asked.

She looked at the tag number then read it out loud, "1235."

"What floor is that?" Sehun asked.

"That's not the 1st floor though. The numbers would be 1-199 for that." Baekhyun cleared it up for them.

"I think that's the 12th floor?" Chanyeol guessed. "Since our room number is 1235."

"Correct."  smirked a little bit. "Are you two trying to decode numbers or something?" Chanyeol and Baekhyun exchanged looks. Their looks on their faces told  she was right on the spot. "Got you two there."

"Our hyungs can't hide from her." Sehun held his laugh.

Luhan agreed, "Yup~"

"Aniya! We were not decoding!" Chanyeol tried covering himself up.

"The jig is up, Chanyeol. Don't hide it." Baekhyun laughed at his own humiliation. Blushing madly, Chanyeol couldn't help it but to accept it.

let out a small giggle. "Aigoo…"

"What are their room numbers then?" Luhan asked her.

"I am not quite sure which, but the numbers are 1236 and 1237."

"Oh! So we are all close to each other." Sehun nodded.

She suddenly eyed Luhan mischievously. "Nae, Luhan oppa? I think you're happy that you get to spend time with me everyday."

With eyes suddenly bulging out, Luhan almost shouted. Luckily, he stopped his own voice. Instead, he turned red all over, but he tried to hide it from her, so he ended up grinning widely. "Of course! You are my favorite dongsaeng!" he ruffled her hair.

Sehun glared at Luhan secretly while talking to himself, "I saw that hyung~ You almost shouted~"

Later on, Kris went ahead with his group members. So, Suho called  to come along, "-ah! We should get going!"

"Oh, Nae oppa!" she turned to them. "Let's get our things now." They nodded and went to pick up their things before tailing Suho's group. 


After four days…
One of you will be gone…