Deception

The Golden Hotel 3 (골든 호텔 3)

After two straight days, Kai and Tao were not talking at all. Whenever Kai is around , he would rather not come anywhere near them, and so he just stays quiet. But when Kai is around her, he felt very strange. He suddenly got closer than before. The three boys noticed this, and Tao felt a little distant. Not to worry about their relationship, but Tao felt like he's not enough. Kai is better looking than him, but he cannot withstand the thought of Kai being the killer and dangerously manipulating her. So Tao let out a deep sigh as he went to sit with D.O in the kitchen while Kris is taking a short nap in the living room.

"Hey" D.O was surprised to see Tao sitting across him at the long marbled bar table.

"Hey. . . ." Tao took an apple in a fruit basket to play with it for a little while.

He noticed him acting strangely. "Still depressed?"

"Maybe. . . .I think so." He sighed before taking a bite of the apple. Tao asked a question back. "Where are they?"

"Do you mean those two?"

"Yeah."

"Entertainment Room. They're playing video games together." D.O felt sorry somehow for telling that to Tao, and so he quickly asked another question, gesturing his hands. "Is she really. . . .you know?"

"Pregnant?"

D.O nodded, rubbing his nape. "Yeah."

"I think that's logic already. She is or she will be." Tao tried to hide his blush away, quickly asking another question. "Where do you think. . . .Luhan gege is?"

Before answering, D.O let out a heavy sigh. "I'm guessing he's being tortured like Sehun. . . ."

Tao stopped playing around with the apple and he took a bite out of it before speaking again. "Maybe. I'm not surprised if he is. I mean. . . .it's like normal now. Some of our members died brutally."

"Like Sehun and Suho hyung." D.O frowned. They're close to somehow. Shredded, Eaten. . . ."

Thinking of the methods of how they were killed, Tao noticed something. "Wait a minute. I think you are getting somewhere."

"Me? Somewhere?" D.O raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"Do you think it's coincidental that those members who interacted with closely is brutally killed?"

D.O paused for a while to think it through, but he came to agree with Tao.  "Now that you've mentioned it, they were killed brutally- but that will make you one of them as well! Luhan hyung!" he pointed out.

"But why. . . ." Tao pondered on this thought, and luckily, he remembered discussing only with her and Kris. "Emotions. . . ." he mumbled to himself.

"Emotions?" D.O narrowed his eyes.

He nodded. "Yes. Her feelings are being manipulated and the killer is jealous, based from Sehun's letter to us. Do you remember that?"

"I do, I do!" D.O nodded violently and realized something. "Holy crap! Who's close to right now?!"

Tao hesitated for a moment and his chest felt heavy before saying a name. "Why. . . .Kai?"

"What if, all along, the killer is Kris hyung!" D.O lowered his voice to whisper.

"Are you crazy! Gege wouldn't-"

"But what if he is! I mean, the three of you would be left soon. . . ."

D.O looked at Tao sadly while the maknae tried to reason again. "He wouldn't. . . .the clues."

"What if it was all just a set up? Kai wasn't supposed to be suspected from the start? Do you remember the plane? You're with and Kris gege was at the back. I should have at least felt Kai moving out of his seat. . . ."

"What if you're a heavy sleeper?" Tao grunted, a little bit sarcastic on that one. "You're just saying that because you're close to Kai. I'm also close to gege. . . .I know him!"

He stayed quiet and Tao turned so blue that he buried his face under his arms. "Ahhh~ I don't want to think anymore!"

"I give up. Me either. . . ." D.O covered his face with his hands in depression.

Tao slicked his hair back before asking a question against his feelings. "Does Kai like ?"

D.O averted his eyes towards Tao. He appears to be in shock. "Mwo?! Jongin?!"

"I know. . . .It's also possible that some of you are just hiding your feelings for her. . . .like Luhan gege." he then frowned.

"Uh. . . .how should I say this?" D.O scratched his head before answering. "Do you remember the day checking out the. . . .Shark Tank with Suho hyung, Luhan hyung, and ?"

After a short pause, Tao nodded. "Oh! Yes. Why?"

"Chanyeol hyung told us that he likes ."

"O-oh. . . . . . . ." a sudden flashback happened in Tao's mind. He remembered going in their previous room to check on her, but he accidentally saw something out of curiosity about what's taking Chanyeol so long to talk to . ". . . . . . . . ."

D.O noticed Tao spacing out, turning into a bitter expression which got him worried and curious. "Why the face? What are you thinking?"

"I don't know if what I saw was true. . . .when I tried checking on 's condition, I kind of saw Chanyeol hyung. . . ." Tao hesitated to answer and it was rather a long pause, so D.O got the idea.

"Ah. No need to say that word. But you are mistaken!"

"Mis-taken?"

"Chanyeol hyung just wanted to confess to her before saying goodbye to his life. I'm sure it was a goodbye. . . .you know, on her cheek? Because on that day you guys went out to check the Shark Tank, we already knew about you and ."

Tao's eyes bulged out. "YOU GUYS KNEW ALL ALONG?!"

Giving him a mischievous look, D.O tried suppressing his wide grin. "Soooo you get the picture of how your life goes from that day! Kris hyung had to support your side instead of Luhan hyung. Sehun told us about him before yours actually."

". . . . . . . . . .Oh my xiongmao." his cheek turned dark red. "Why did I only knew about this!" Tao covered his face with his hands, very embarrassed. "That's why you guys were all gathered around talking among yourselves!"

"Bingo!" D.O took an apple then played with it, tossing it around. "If Kai were to like , he would not bother. I think it's impossible since he told me he didn't had a serious relationship back then."

His heart rate suddenly rose at D.O's last sentence, so he had to uncover his face to stare at him like he just saw a ghost. "Didn't had a serious relationship back then?"

"Hmmm, yeah?" D.O tossed the apple back and forth from his hands.

Tao caught the apple in mid air before D.O could catch it with his other hand. He placed it back in the fruit basket while D.O looked at Tao in confusion. "It somehow shows he's just playing around with their feelings. . . . ."

"Feelings. . . . ." D.O's face went pale. "Oh no. Is he really? But we're not really sure if that is a valid clue. More like a hidden clue."

". . . .I guess we just have to wait and see. I hope Kai doesn't touch her."

"You're worrying too much. But I can't blame you for it. She can always resist, if ever. . . ."

Tao shook his head. "I know . If she really thinks it's him, she wouldn't do anything risky, like to refuse whatever might be his wish. Normally, she would branch out reasons and then results." he continued explaining. "If she refused, he might stop or pursue-"

D.O interrupted. "My head is hurting-"

"But you get the idea?"

"Yeah. But what if. . . .it's vice versa?" D.O frowned and he felt like his head was about to burst.

"What do you mean?"

"Ugh. . . .my head is pounding." he rubbed his temples before explaining. "Imagine the scenario, even if she branch out results, he would also branch out. . . .results?"

"That's contradicting. . . .this is complicated." Tao let out a heavy sigh, covering his face in anxiety. "Results would vary!"

"I want to cry now." D.O buried his face under his arms to whine.

Tao shook his head and stood up. "I'll go check on her."

----Kai and ----

Both of them were sitting on the carpeted floor leaning against a sofa, PS3 controllers on both hands, and eyes glued on the large plasma screen TV. They were playing Tekken 6 seriously for hours. Kai is using Jin Kazama while is using Asuka Kazama.

"This is not fair! We're always tied!" used a combo move. "Grr~"

Kai panicked, clicking buttons and arrows. "9 and 9!" he pouted when she defeated him.

"Woo!" throwing her arms in the air in victory, stuck her tongue out playfully. "Beat ya!"

"Mehrong!!!" Kai tried smothering her face with his hands, but she quickly withdrew her tongue to lean away from Kai, extending her arms to stop his hands.

"Yah, no!!!" squealed, smacking his hands away.

"Heh heh heh." Kai playfully tried to tickle her, but he ended up tripping towards her when he got up.

Her eyes flew wide open in panic, so she tried catching Kai's fall. "Omo, Kai!"

"Aah, noona!" Kai tried hard not to hit his face anywhere to her body.

realized where his face was going to fall, so she gripped his left shoulder and used her left hand to slap his face away to her right, closing her eyes shut. Kai ended up falling on top of her and his face hitting the carpeted floor. He was lucky enough to have lessen the impact by placing his hands on the floor, thanks to 's support as well, although she kind of slapped his face.

"Ow. . . .my face."

"Kai, are you alright?! Sorry about that!" she got worried, but she suddenly withdrew the feeling in her mind. "No am not worried."

He slowly got up. "Y-yeah, I'm fine-"

When Kai slowly lifted his body up to turn his head to look at her, they realized their faces was too close to each other. couldn't help to blush in beat red, and her blood was rushing up to her head. He stared at her like he just wanted to play around or as if he wanted something.

"G-get. . . . .off. You're too close." tried pushing him away but he pushed himself down. "OTTOKAE?!?!"

"Why are you stuttering, noona?" Kai whispered lowly. "I could have ended up like Jin. If you know what I am saying about Asuka in Tekken 5." he smirked.

hid her blush away, whining like a kid now. "Stop playing arooooound~ I will scream!"

Kai grinned mischievously. "No one's looking. Can I kiss you again?!"

"EH?! NO!" with her extreme shock, used her knee to hit his crotch.

"NOONA!!!" Kai shouted in pain and he ended up falling completely on the floor the moment she got up.

She stumbled a bit, then she looked at Kai curling into a ball. "I'm sorry! About that. . . ."

"I don't mind. . . ." Kai rolled to get up on his knees. He paused for a while before standing up to sit on the sofa. ". . . . ."

"Does it really hurt?. . . ." literally got nervous now.

"Nae."

"I'm soooorryyyyy~" she unconsciously bended a bit to hug Kai's head like a kid whining to his mother.

"I can't breathe."

"Aigoo!"

then knelt down on the sofa to hug his neck from the side. While doing so, she kind of felt a really creepy aura emanating from him. It was scary that you wouldn't want to anger him. Kai's aura was flowing slowly and she could tell that he wasn't fully releasing his aura. It was like he was hiding something. Goosebumps started forming on her arms and her heart rate suddenly increased.

The room fell silent for awhile because she thought that Kai might be angry with her, so she wasn't letting go of the hug. Kai closed his eyes and leaned his head more to her chest. felt the motion, so she wondered if he was trying to ask for comfort, or simply just wanting the tender touch she is doing. Not a moment too soon, Kai suddenly spoke.

"Noona?"

"Yes, Kai?"

"What if. . . .I ended up with you?"

With his words, felt her heart shrinking. She didn't want to hear those kind of questions being asked to her. However, she was also cautious of what was happening. Silence fell again. She placed her chin on top of his head and her other hand his hair, while the other soothed his shoulder.

"You don't know what you are saying. . . ."

"But I do know what I am saying!" Kai was strong. He suddenly circled his arms around her waist. He stood up a bit and pushed her down the sofa.

was yet again under him. She didn't liked what was going on, so she tried slapping him again. "I will slap you again!" she raised her hand.

He used his left hand to grip her wrist. She raised the other one but he used his other free hand to stop her slap. "Listen."

"No!" she refused.

Kai pinned her hands just above her head, then he leaned in near her face. Their lips were just an inch away before kissing each other. flailed around and she wanted to struggle free but she stopped moving around when something wet just dripped down on her cheek. She stared into Kai's eyes and she felt her heart shrinking again, trembling with guilt.

"Tears. . . .is Kai sad?"

"Noona. . . .please don't be mad. I've fallen for you. . . ."

fell silent for a while before answering. "For real?"

He just nodded, biting his lips as another tear drop fell. ". . . . . . ."

"No one is watching. . . .let me go first."

". . . .?" Kai looked at her in confusion, but he did what she told him to do.

Hesitating for awhile, lifted both of her hands to cup Kai's face. She closed her eyes and then pulled him into a kiss. Kai didn't have time to be surprised, but he kissed her back. wrapped her arms around his neck, moving her lips while he closed his eyes, biting her upper lip. Unbeknownst  to them, it was a really bad timing. Tao happened to see them when he was about to enter the Entertainment Room.

"What?. . . . " 

Tao felt pain in his heart and his eyes were burning seeing them kiss like that. He wanted to charge and punch Kai, but if he did that, he would cause another quarrel. Tao wanted to walk away, but his legs weren't moving as he wanted them to. He bit his lips, trying to hold back his tears, when someone suddenly covered his eyes and moved him away from the doorway. A deep voice was heard and he realized who he was right away.

"I came here to follow you as soon as D.O saw me awake. . . ."

"G. . .gege. . . ."