Audition

The Golden Hotel 3 (골든 호텔 3)

Note: The Golden Hotel 3 is unedited. There will be technicalities and grammatical errors along the way. I don't have any plans of editing this since I moved to Wattpad. The revised versions of 1, 2, 3, and 4 would be posted there (but not Kpop anymore). My account name is RedZetroc18. Support me by clicking the Follow button and putting my stories into your Reading List. Kamsahamnida!


SMent searched for new trainees again and they were now holding the Global Audition. People who wanted to become the next Kpop Idol should fly over to Korea and audition inside. The judges were four handsome boys from each boy groups namely: Yunho from TVXQ, Eunhyuk from Super Junior, Taemin from SHINee and Kai from EXO K. All of them were the Lead or Main dancers. 

The only chance where they could interview the new trainees was after the audition. So for now, their identities were a secret. Many different people auditioned inside but only a few were selected. Some had attitude problems, some were too timid, some had hidden potentials, and some were just rejected. They were judged by the four boys and a certain someone captured their attention the most. 

"Okay, next please." Yunho called out the number of the next person. "Number 137!"

Number 137 entered the Dance Studio. That person had a styled short hair but not too short. His pants were somehow like in EXO's History. It was but only for dancing purposes. Black was the color. The top was a well-designed purple and black jacket and the color of the shirt was also black. What's interesting, the person seemed like a pretty boy.

"Park Youngchul? Did I say your name correctly?" Eunhyuk gently smiled as he asked the question while holding the audition paper in his hands.

He nodded with a bashful smile.

"Shy type? Don't worry! We don't bite!" Kai smiled warmly and even teased Taemin. "But Taemin hyung does!"

Yunho and Eunhyuk stifled their chortle whilst Taemin grinned widely at Kai. "Yah~ Kai! I don't bite!" he lightly slapped his right shoulder.

Clearing his throat, Kai continued, splaying his hand towards Youngchul. "Anyway, it looks like you'll be dancing to our song, History?"

He nodded again, keeping up the bashful smile.

Taemin abruptly stood up and jested, "Why don't you speak?!" 

Youngchul covered his mouth from laughing.

He then waved his palms defensively with a huge grin on his face. "No, no, no, I was kidding!"

Yunho wanted to fall off his chair from chortling too much while Eunhyuk and Kai both slapped Taemin's with a rolled paper. "Yah, Taemin-ah/hyung!"

"Anyway, you can start now." Taemin held his chuckle and signaled the DJ to play his part.

Youngchul faced his back at them. Waiting for the signal, the music began. Youngchul vibrated his pockets before turned around to his right with arms popping slightly in the air. Kai nodded when he noticed Youngchul was doing his part. Smirking like Kai, he properly executed the stiffness of their body and it looked clean.

While dancing to the song, the four were talking among themselves, making sure they were paying attention to the person in front. Rudeness wasn’t an option.

"Taemin-ah~ I noticed he's a little similar to you and Kai." Yunho pointed out while glancing in front to watch Youngchul with crossed arms. "He's quite good looking too."

Eunhyuk nodded in agreement. "Nae~ I saw that too! A while ago, he was smiling brightly at us, but now, he's showing that serious expression on his face." he then gestured his own face to describe.

"Nae," Taemin agreed. "He can change his expressions quite well and fit it to the right song. I believe he has passion on what he's doing." he saw Youngchul dancing to the chorus now. "For me, he passed already. He does have the potential."

Kai also pointed out another good compliment. "I agree with hyung. I can see that he knows the steps quite well. He didn't miss a step nor did a step incorrectly. The movements are precise."

It appeared like Youngchul received a good impression from them. Was he really a he or a she? Pondering while still dancing, Youngchul was actually laughing inside.

"Omo... I think they didn't notice at all that I am a girl." Youngchul stood still waiting for the next step.

----Flashback----

"! You should audition!" 

Her three gleeful friends insisted as they browsed the internet about the Global Audition. 

"Eh?" blinking a lot, she hesitated.

One of her friend stood up from her seat to shake her like a doll. "DUDE!!! You know Korean, even though you're half Korean and Chinese, you dance so well like Taemin and Kai! You know Wushu, you play some instruments, and you can cross dress!!!"

blinked again. "Y-yah! Stop shaking me and I don't know if I should be proud of that cross dress part."

"C'mon! I'm signing you up! Be thankful we live in Korea!" her other friend began filling up the registration form online. "I'll send it!"

Eyes widening in panic, tried to stop her, but her other friend held her down along with the other one who had shaken her like a doll. "Don't be such a kill joy!"

"But I don't think I'm ready yet!" she protested, struggling from their grip.

"You told us your parents would support you, right? It's your dream!" the one who had shaken her like a doll shook her again.

"Yah? Stop shaking her she'll get dizzy." the other one remarked.

"Oh, sorry…"

After a lot of thinking, decided, "Fine, fine, fine! I'll tell my parents I'll audition as soon as-"

The two girls squealed loudly which pained her ears. "YAY!!! SHE'LL BECOME THE NEXT KPOP IDOL!!!" they shrieked.

"Too early to say that!" walked over to her friend who had already sent the registration form. "So how was it?"

Her friend then turned around with a huge grin. "To make things interesting, I indicated you're a guy."

"WHAT?!?!"

----End of Flashback----

"Oh well… I'll explain later."

The song had finished with her back facing them again. The four judges gave her a round of applause for the outstanding performance. She pivoted to bow at them with the former smile again.

"Well, you don't have to be edgy, but you passed!" Yunho happily exclaimed.

"Congratulations!" Eunhyuk clapped loudly.

"We will call all of you when the audition time has finished at around 6pm." Taemin reminded.

"You will refer to me later, arasseo? We will all meet again here for the interview." Kai smiled. "Also, the orientation would start right away."

Youngchul smiled widely and when they offered a handshake, somehow, Yunho, Eunhyuk, Taemin and Kai felt queered. "Thank you!" he then left the studio.

All of them exchanged bewildered looks. "His hands are smooth." Taemin blinked.

"And small." Yunho cocked his head, inspecting his own hands. "Or my hands are big?"

"Of course, hyung! Your hands are big!" Eunhyuk laughed at his own jest.

"Is it just me? Or his voice sounds feminine?" Kai got puzzled.

"I heard him speak softly but I didn't notice it, Kai." Taemin scratched his head.

Kai then shrugged. "Oh well."

Meanwhile, went to the restroom area to find a payphone to call up her friends. After a few rings, someone picked up the phone.

"Hello? It's me, ! Are you guys over at Minji's house?" she asked.

"Nae! Hold on." 

Minji-ah! How do you put this phone on loud speakers?

Is it, ? Oh wait like this.

"Heeeeeey!!!"

She flinched, wincing in pain as she pulled the phone away from her ear. "Aish…" placed it near her ear again. "Funny, they didn't notice I was a girl. YET. So anyway… I passed!"

"Wow! I told you!"

"We'll be your number one fan, arasseo?!"

"So that means you'll be living in there!"

"Have you called your parents about this?"

"Wait, you haven't told them what your gender is?!"

Palming her face, scratched her cheek with a finger. "I'll explain it to them and I'll call my parents later, but for now-" she looked at her wristwatch. "-in about an hour, I'll be going under an interview with Kai and then after that, will do the orientation-"

Saying his name made them spazz over the phone.

"Omo! Kai oppa?!"

"Wait, who are the judges?!"

She calmly answered them, "Yunho oppa, Eunhyuk oppa, Taemin and Kai."

"OMO!!! YOU MUST BE LUCKY TO HAVE SEEN THEM UP CLOSE!!!"

"Yeah! I have to admit, I was very nervous even though it wasn't really that noticeable." decided to make them jealous. "Well, after saying I passed, all of them gave me a handshake. Hahaha! Mehrong~"

couldn't understand their gibberish voices at all. They kept screaming and talking at the same time. Reading her wristwatch again, it was almost time for their call to end. "Ah, mianhae girls! I need to go and I'll tell you guys later what will happen next, okay? Bye!"

"Bye, ! Take care!"

She hung up the phone. "Aigoo… those girls, really." shaking her head, she decided to make her way to the restroom.

She didn't watch where she was going, so she bumped right into someone. Looking up, she realized whom she ran into. She began stuttering. even mixed up her Korean and Chinese together. "Uhm, uhm… duìbùqǐ oppa! I-I mean-" unconsciously, spoke in her deep voice, sounding like a young boy.

"Are you Chinese?" he was a tall boy wearing a black leather jacket with a matching cap. He also had a lot of piercings on his ears and had panda eyes. It seemed like he was also Chinese by the way he spoke to her.

nodded, slightly stunned meeting another Kpop Idol up in front.

He flashed a smile. "Be careful where you are going…" he didn't realize he was a girl. He then corrected , laughing at himself. "It seems like you are younger than me… It's gege not oppa, if you're a guy and I'm older. Lucky that you ran into me or else somebody might be laughing at you... Same mistake I committed once."

"O-oh…"

"Tao!" a deep voice called out.

"Kris gege?" Tao peered over his shoulder.

felt her heart accelerating. She got jumpy when Kris went beside Tao and fixed his eyes on her. He was way taller than Tao. "Oh? Hello?" lowering his gaze down her pants, he saw a number attached to it, and so he looked back up. "Ah! So you came here to audition?"

"Audition?" Tao looked down and noticed the number attached to her pants. "Oh!"

Kris stared at Tao. "Did you forget?"

"Slight…"

"Omo Taoris!" nodded again then she spoke in Chinese. "I already passed."

Both of them looked at her at the same time, so it made her very uneasy. "Damn it, the stares. The stares of the four judges a while ago were enough!" 

"Woah~!" Kris and Tao patted her back. "Congratulations!"

She bowed. "Thank you, geges! Please take care of me in the future!"

"What's your name?" Tao asked politely.

answered, "Youngchul. Park Youngchul." she was quite anxious on what she was doing. "Daaaaaamn."

Tao smiled. "Nice to meet you!" he stretched out his hand for a handshake. "Huang Zitao… Tao for short."

"I'm Wu Yi Fan." Kris also stretched out his hand. "Known as Kris Wu."

"N-Nice to meet you two up close!" shook each of their hands. "I'm… actually a fan of EXO." she returned the same polite smile.

"Oh. So we didn't need to introduce ourselves…" Tao scratched his head embarrassingly.

Kris shrugged. "Well, at least we introduced ourselves politely." he barely smiled.

"...Kris oppa sure doesn't smile that much. Unlike Tao oppa." she thought.

"Anyway, we have to go." Kris bowed then he tagged Tao along. "See you later."

Tao turned around then waved at . "See you around!"

smiled, bowing once again. Her brain then processed. A few seconds later, her eyes popped out after realizing something. "Wait, SEE YOU AROUND?!?!" she kept on walking around in circles out of hysteria while gripping her hair like an idiot.

"Does that mean I'm friends with Tao and Kris already?! DAFUUUUUUUUUDGE!!!!!"