Mind Boggling

The Golden Hotel 3 (골든 호텔 3)

----, Suho, Luhan, Tao----

"Haa~ haa~ haa~ 24th~ floor~" collapsed on the floor, catching her breath. "I'm sorry. . . .for troubling you guys."

The three boys wobbled climbing up the steps and later collapsed too. "It's okay! We can manage. . . ." Luhan tried catching his breath.

Tao nodded. "It's nothing, really. At least going down is faster and less tiring. . . ." he wiped his sweat away.

"Five minutes break. . . ." Suho sat on the floor, trying to catch his breath.

The rest sat on the floor, fanning themselves to cool down their body heat. then spoke. "I really promise to use the elevator even if it hurts my ears."

"Are you crazy!" Luhan pouted. "I don't want my dongsaeng to suffer~"

"But, oppa~" she whined. "It will disappear after some minutes!"

"Ani! You listen to me." Luhan said firmly.

". . . . .Arasseo." pouted, scratching the back of her head slightly.

Luhan crossed his arms. "Even if you're taking the lead, take care of yourself too you know! I took care of you when you were a trainee and until now I'm still looking after you!"

Suho chuckled at the sight of the two. "You two sound like a couple quarreling."

and Luhan got shocked. "BWO?! ANIYA!!!" 

Their faces turned red but as for , she got scared and nervous for Tao's reaction. He smiled for awhile to laugh and to make it look like a normal reaction but deep inside it kind of affected him. Tao's smile disappeared right away. Luhan got really awkward so he stood up to avoid anymore unecessary teasing's from Suho.

"It's five minuted already! We should get going."

----Room 1236----

"Why are we all gathered around here?" Kris doesn't know what was going on in the living room but they were all focused on one person, Sehun.

Sehun took one throw pillow then buried his face. D.O turned around and saw him so he took the throw pillow away. "Don't hide!"

"Yah! Hyung!" Sehun wanted to take it back but D.O handed it over to Kai so he hid it away.

Chanyeol sat beside Sehun, swinging one arm around his neck to pull him close. "What are you hiding? Tell us now~"

D.O poked Sehun's side so he jerked up. "It won't hurt!"

Sehun turned red. "I'm just jealous!" he grabbed Chanyeol's hand to move it away from him, sitting back up straight.

"Eh???" Everyone gave Sehun a look.

"To who?" Kai asked.

"Luhan hyung!" Sehun whined.

"Why?" Chen got shocked. "You two are close!"

"If it's about tagging along-" Kris was about to finish his sentence but Sehun cut him off.

"Yes- but- ah! Noona- aish!" Sehun covered his face.

"Noona?" Kai raised an eyebrow. "You like her???"

"ANIYOOO!!!" Sehun exploded. "LUHAN HYUNG LIKES HER!!!" he deeply sighed after saying the sentence. It was hard to say it. 

"MWO?!?!"

Kris on the other hand, went wide eyed. He looked at the other direction to think for himself. ". . . .Oh no, Tao." he bit his lower lip.

"Even if he doesn't tell me, he does!!!" Sehun scowled, crossing his arms. "He doesn't have to deny it."

"Whoa wait!" Lay raised his hand. "Chen? Do you remember that last time when I told you and Xiumin hyung about Luhan being obvious during 's performance in front of Manager hyung?"

Chen tried remembering the scene.

----Flashback----

Xiumin saw Luhan puffing his cheeks. "Luhan hyung is weird today." he elbowed Chen and pointed.

"Huh, wae?" Chen noticed it too. "Maybe Luhan's just jealous."

"Again?" Lay over heard them. "Well, I may not be talking too much but it's too obvious."

"What's obvious?" Xiumin and Chen exchanged looks.

----End of Flashback----

He snapped his fingers. "Oh! Luhan hyung seemed. . . .jealous when interacted with Sehun."

"Mwo?" Sehun couldn't believe what he was hearing.

Lay nodded. "Yes! That's the scene."

"Are we talking about love already here?" D.O's left eye twitched.

"Oh~ I remembered Tao before that incident." Kai thought and pointed at Kris to Sehun. "Kris hyung, Luhan hyung, you-" he pointed at Sehun. " -and I was even shocked to know that our Kung Fu Panda was suddenly hanging out with Noona then after that. . . .surprisingly the two won't even talk for the day and Tao hyung was. . . .crying. . . ."

"Oh crap-" Kris almost said it out loud.

"Yo yo yoooooo wait a minute!" Chanyeol spreads his arms in the air so that they would stop talking. He then turned to Kai. "What are you guys talking about!"

"I am totally out of place too!" D.O hanged his mouth open. "Why aren't the two of us not included? So are you all saying we have a love triangle?"

"I guess." Kai and Lay nodded.

"Square."

"What?" Sehun eyed Chanyeol along with the others.

"Square. . . .I admit." Chanyeol raised his hands in the air. "I'm going to confess to her before I die in 8 days!" his cheeks began to flush. "I know it's not. . .obvious."

"What the!? Hyung!?" Sehun, Kai and D.O were extremely shocked along with the rest.

----, Suho, Luhan, Tao----

After five minutes of resting, the four stood up then Suho lead the way. "We go straight this hallway then we turn right from where I came."

"Wow, you still remember." Luhan got amazed, still trying to act normal from earlier.

"Well. . . .not all."

"What do you mean!" Tao's jaw dropped down.

"Ani! I mean, we'll get to see it eventually. . . ."

"In short, you don't know which way." rather said it sarcastically.

"Hey!" Suho scowled.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding! I'm going to miss granpa you know. . . ." smiled.

Suho loosened up. He forgot he was going to die after four days. ". . . .haha. You make it sound like I'm going to die now." he joked a bit.

"Don't think like that! We'll try to see if we can stop it."

"Stop a tank full of sharks?"

"Don't be so negative, hyung." Tao encouraged Suho. He began talking really long. "You know, you should be thankful that we're all alive until this day. They say, if you look forward for the future too much with negative thoughts, you'll only end up devastated. But in times like this, it's good to enjoy the present with positive thoughts until you meet the end with no regrets. You should think about us Exo brothers taking care and looking out for each other. We are one in this. We live together, we die together."

"Count me in that one too!" smiled. "I'm ready to risk my life too!" raising her right pinky finger for a promise, she waited for Suho to lock it with hers.

"Bwo! Me three!" Luhan raised his pinky finger as well.

Suho felt touched by it that he wanted to cry. He used both his pinky fingers to lock it with and Luhan with a smile. "Thanks guys. . . .Thank you, Tao."

"No problem, hyung." Tao smiled warmly.

After walking for another five minutes, they went to so many left and right ways and after the left turn, it was their destination. , Suho, Luhan and Tao felt a sudden chill running down their spines when they saw the color of the aquarium water's light reflecting from the left side. More chills were sent when they saw a huge shadow swimming by. Exchanging looks, they decided to press onwards.

Closer and closer they went near the fish tank until they were able to view the swimming sharks. , Luhan and Tao were quite impressed on how gigantic and wide it was.

"How many rooms is this?!" Luhan browsed the tank. When he looked at the sharks, some were trying to kill the weak and injured shark and bit off its skin. Some blood were seen which made Luhan grimace.

"Maybe four Deluxe Rooms?" Tao stepped back to try and estimate the distance from where they are standing.

quickly stepped back when a shark passed by in front of her. A chill suddenly was sent down to her spine, getting nervous again. ". . . .I'm getting a really bad feeling about this."

"Same here." Suho went beside her, looking at the tank. "Should we check which floors it's visible?"

She had second thoughts. "Maybe we should not. . . .I really have a bad feeling and it's creeping me out. We might be cheating."

Suho nodded in agreement, placing his hands at his sides. "Well, you're right about that. We don't know what's ahead."

"I wonder how will he purposely make Suho oppa lose?. . . ." thought to herself. Although there are many ways to think how it may come out, it is very complicated to think of one. "I think we should go back."

Tao looked at his wrist watch. "It's almost an hour."

"We should go." Luhan gestured a nod.

All of them exchanged looks and it had come to a decision to return safely to their rooms. glanced back at the tank and she felt bad vibes about it. Her heart keeps on beating fast but as they distance themselves, it was slowly disappearing but goosebumps started forming.

". . . .Why do I have a feeling that it may involve diving or something? Why is there a tank full of sharks in here in the first place?"

Tao noticed having really deep thoughts while finding their way back. "You okay?"

She answered back, showing awareness. "Yes, I am. Just having deep thoughts."

"Oh, okay then." Tao sighed and didn't bother asking. "D-don't. . . .stress yourself too much, okay?" his voice was a bit hesitant and shy.

A smile was painted on her face so she looked up at Tao. "Okay. For you, I won't for today."

Tao turned red for a second so he looked away. "D-don't say that. . . ."

chuckled. "I can read you, Tao."

He turned red more. "No, you don't. . . ."

She just giggled then spoke to Suho and Luhan. "Two oppa's! We can take the elevator!"

"Aniyo!" Both Luhan and Suho looked back.

"But!"

"It's like diving too!" Luhan pointed out.

suddenly had chills hearing that word. "Please don't mention that word. . . ."

"He won't mention it again so we will take the stairs." Suho stated.

"Fiiine." she groaned.

Tao couldn't help to hide a smile. "You really never fail to make me smile."

----Room 1236----

"Seriously!" Chanyeol admitted, crossing his arms. "I'm not hiding anything!"

"I'll only say. . . .nothing." Sehun sighed. "It made me think who to cheer on so maybe gudluck to the both of you?" he meant by Chanyeol and Luhan.

"For me, I think I'd go for Luhan." Chen voiced out. "He saw her first."

D.O opposed. "It doesn't mean when the first guy sees the girl first, the girl would end up with the first guy."

"We're not talking about you, Chen." Lay pointed out his stubbornness.

"But I would really make the girl mine!" Chen whined.

Kai smirked. "I smell competition! So we support the two, I guess."

Kris couldn't tolerate the fuss anymore so he said his side. "I would support Tao."

"MWO?!"

When all their eyes went to him, he deeply sighed then Kris repeated what he said. "I would support Tao. He did the first move already, guys."

"SINCE WHEN???"

"Yah?" Kai pointed at Kris wide eyed. "Is that the day he cried?!"

"Bwo! Yes! Kai is right!" D.O jaw dropped. "But. . . .it looked like he got rejected."

"Not really. . . .How should I say this?" rubbing his nape, Kris bit his lips. It was hard to say anything.

"Really! I never thought of anything that Tao would. . . ." Lay bit his finger.

Chen turned to Chanyeol and patted his back when he saw him pouting. "You can still say your feelings though."

"Yeah. . . .before I die I guess. It'll be worth it." Chanyeol answered weakly.

"Omo. . . .how about Luhan, hyung?" Sehun questioned everyone.

They were about to answer Sehun when they heard Luhan's voice from the back. "How about me?" Luhan got puzzled.

Their faces went pale when they arrived so sudden. They didn't even felt their presence. Suho then went beside Luhan. "What are you guys talking about?"

Tao and also showed up, wondering why they were gathered in the living room. "Hmmm yeah? You guys seem absorbed on something?. . . ." he said.

"Share!" leaned in forward at the back of the sofa. She saw Chanyeol on her side then went to him for a hug. "Yeollie~"

Chanyeol stiffened when she went for a hug so he just hugged her back while Chen slowly creeped away. "Aigoo aigoo aigooo~" he secretly turned red about thinking what would the others think of him.

"Uhm." Kris quickly thought of something. "We were just worried t-that you guys wouldn't return since it's already an hour."

Lay agreed too. "Yeah! What duizhang said! We just picked Kai, D.O. Chen and Chanyeol to go." the four mentioned just quickly nodded nervously.

"Ah~" Suho, Luhan and Tao nodded.

"Wow Yeollie to the rescue?" grinned at Chanyeol.

"Uhm Uhm~ Heh heh~" Chanyeol smiled widely and noticed that she was still hugging him.

She pulled away quickly to report what they saw. "Oh! Almost forgot! We saw the fish tank and it IS full of SHARKS. . . ."

"Are we going to swim with those sharks?" Kai just had a thought.

D.O slightly hit his arm. "Please, not that kind of thought, Kai."

"Whaaat?" Kai spreads his arms to his side.

"The question is, how can we be sure if it's the death of Suho?" Kris asked.

That had them thinking but quickly thought of something. "Here's the thought. If you have a lot of pet sharks in a tank, how would you feed them if we just arrive here and if it's only US?" she continued. "Wouldn't the sharks be dead if none of us is feeding them? For months?"

All of their faces went pale. They were so focused on one thing that they didn't even thought of how the sharks were staying alive in the hotel.

"Oh crap. We're not alone." Chanyeol panicked.

"Omo! If that is the case, the sharks were being fed unnoticed?" Chen wasn't sure of his idea.

"Isn't the killer with us?" Sehun reminded.

"Or we're really not alone?" Lay wasn't sure either.

halted them. "Wait! Let me recollect my thoughts." she looked down the floor seriously while they kept quiet, waiting for her to speak. In a minute or so, she tilted her head up to tell her idea.

"Here's another idea. We have a tank full of sharks. The Killer said we're alone. We didn't bother to roam around the hotel because it's dangerous to even go out. It's suspicious to know the sharks are still alive IF no one is feeding them and IF this hotel is already here. What if. . . .the Killer is doing something when we're all sound asleep? What if. . . . .the Killer hired some people to do his dirty works for him? If that is the case, either of the two is applicable or both is applicable. Frankly, why bother having a tank full of sharks in this killer hotel? Surely it would be of use for some killing method. If not, he wouldn't bother buying and feeding the sharks if it's for nothing. Make sense guys? Able to follow me?"

Kai, D.O and Luhan were amazed and even clapped softly. "Bwoooo~"

Tao nodded, biting his lower lip. ". . . .She's right. It is somehow suspicious if until now the sharks are still alive. All living things must be fed."

Suho held his chest nervously. "I greatly have a feeling it really is my fate to be eaten."

"But wait!" Luhan raised his hand. "I know something about sharks."

They all looked at him. "From what I know, they don't really attack humans right? But. . . .in this case, the sharks needs to be hungry if they want to attack and eat humans?"

"Wait, so hyung, you're saying the sharks didn't get to be fed this time?" Sehun looked over past his shoulders.

Luhan nodded firmly. "Mmm! I saw a weak shark getting eaten by some sharks. It was injured somehow."

"Aw, that's brutal. Eating their own kind." Chen grimaced.

"I guess it's their instincts already." Kris shrugged.

snapped her fingers. "He's right about that but here's my trivia about Sharks. They don't attack humans because they're hungry. They don't even know the feeling of being hungry. In fact, they can go on for months without eating. Sharks don't really like the taste of human blood but they'd eat something that is swimming from their sight. Some say they have poor eyesight but they can see both in light and dark actually." she continued explaining.

"Victims of shark bites have only one bite because sharks wanted to see and taste for themselves if they like it or not. They test their food too like us. Some people die because sharks take a huge bite to taste. Sharks like The Great White, The Tiger, The Bull and The Oceanic White Tip can attack humans consistently so it's dangerous."

"Question!" D.O raised his hand. "What type of shark did you see?"

"The Great White Shark." answered right away.

Everybody went pale. "Omo. . . so The Great White Sharks are in the tank." Suho felt like dying now.

"So maybe the sharks were already here for months?" Lay asked.

nodded. "Could be 2 months. . . .but they must be hungry now, somehow." she explained more.

"Oh, Sharks think we're fish that's why when we're swimming on surfboards and the clothes we wear on water. They think we're seal or a sea lion. Divers can be classified as another prey for them. Avoid wearing yellow and orange because this can aggravate the shark and possibly lead to attacks. Also, they're attracted to splashing and vibrations in the water. If you have cuts or you have been wounded under water, get out right away because they can smell blood for miles."

She added another one. "Did you guys even know when a mother shark is pregnant with baby sharks, they eat one another until one or two is alive when still in her womb?"

"They do?" all of them got curious.

nodded. "I love watching about animals when I was a kid. So, technically I'm telling you guys what I know based on experience. So yeah, the weak gets eaten. Great White Sharks are one of the very few species that exhibit this kind of behavior. If they find you weak, they'll eat you. So that might happen to us. . . ."

Finally, someone that can play my game. . . .
Very well. . . .