Mishap

The Golden Hotel 3 (골든 호텔 3)

----Room 1235----

After four days, it seems like 's injury was not something to be ignored. Her wound was getting worse and she caught a cold two days ago. They tried their best to search for some medicines in the Infirmary but nothing was there, not even a remedy for her infection. It's like all of the medicines were taken away. Something was odd.

As for Sehun's search, he wasn't found. The killer didn't used the speakers to even tell them anything. No clues were given for the past days since the day he disappeared. Their last resort was to actually wait for the next game, and Chanyeol is next to get killed. They had no choice but to be neutral for Sehun's situation rather than being rash.

"I feel like I caught a fever too. . . .I think I was too scared back then." doesn't feel like eating lunch in the dinner table. Luhan and Chanyeol exchanged anxious looks when they heard her having a fever.

"Let me feel your forehead." Chanyeol brushed her bangs away then placed his hand on top of her forehead. To his surprise, she was really hot. "Yah! Get in bed! You're burning!"

A spoon and a fork clattered on the plate when Luhan stood up to check for himself too. "Aigoo. . . .you need to rest!"

"How can I? We have a game to play-"

Screech.

----Room 1237----

Kai jolted in his seat, his spoon and fork clattering noisily when the speakers made a screeching sound again as a sign for the upcoming game around 4PM. "Aish. . . ." he held his chest in fright.

"Oh no, oh no! Game time again~" D.O bit his fingernails nervously.

"I really don't like what the next game could be because it is something that involves fire." Lay bit his lips.

"Whatever it is, Chanyeol hyung would be toast." Kai imagined Chanyeol screaming in pain but he stopped only there. "Okay, bad idea to imagine it. Brrr~" he hugged himself.

"Please, don't try to imagine it." D.O smacked Kai's shoulder slightly.

----Room 1236----

Tao was brushing his teeth when the killer started talking through the speakers so he listened carefully.

Hmmm. . . .
There has been rather a circumstance.
Something happened that wasn't with my plan.
Because of that, the game plans were changed.


"Changed?" Tao the faucet and water came flowing out. He used his hands to drink the water, garggled, then spat out the dirty water.

Luckily, one of you won't be playing.
Why would that person play if. . . .
She's sick?


Tao paused for awhile after closing the faucet. He was shocked after hearing that. "'s sick?" he hurriedly dried himself and walked out of the bathroom.

So, the rest would play by pairs :

D.O with Chanyeol
Chen with Luhan
Lay with Tao
and lastly,
Kris with Kai


----Room 1235----

rose from her bed the moment she heard herself being excluded. ". . . .He must have observed that I would really get sick." she said to Chanyeol.

"Nae. . . .you were quivering back then."

He was sitting beside her while Luhan went back with a basin of cold water. "I don't like that idea of you getting excluded." he placed it on top of a table beside her bed. "You'll be alone. . . ."

Eyes widening in realization, Chanyeol worriedly looked at her. "Omo! What if it's another trap?"

"Shhh. . . .Keep quiet for awhile." sushed them.

This is how the game will go.
All of you will go to the rooftop.
Once you get to the top,
You'll notice that there will be four doors.
Your names are already written there.

What's up ahead?
Well, you'll be in a maze room full of leaves.
You have to find notes hidden everywhere.
It'll take time but it is not easy.
Yes, you are paired but that does not mean only one note for each team.

The total notes you will get is eight.
While searching, there would be. . . .traps.
You are paired because only the two of you. . . .
Will be able to help each other. . . .in times of need.

Goodluck. Remember, aroun 4PM.


----Room 1237----

Lay and Kai stared at D.O. He was paired up with Chanyeol and they all know that Chanyeol would be the next one. D.O trembled badly, pacing back and forth the room, getting worried on what will happen.

"Aigoo, aigoo, aigoo! This is bad. . . .really bad. . . .I don't know if I can save Chanyeol hyung." D.O fidgeted. "What if we encounter some people inside then they'll attack us and hack our heads off!!!" his face turned pale.

Lay grimaced. "Kyungsoo!!!"

"That is possible. . . .but instead, burn you guys to death since we are talking about Chanyeol's element." Kai frowned.

"Aish." D.O bumped his own head at the wooden door.

----Room 1236----

Kris noticed Tao passing by Chen like he was in a hurry so he halted Tao for a second. "Where do you think you are going?"

"To see her if she's alright." Tao put up a worried look on his face.

"Ah. . . ." Kris just nodded and allowed him to go out the door but he was still wearing his bathrobe.

Chen then walked up to Kris after Tao went out. "He is really obvious you know."

Scratching his cheek, Kris shakes his head. "I know. . . ." then he sighed. "It's incredible how Luhan haven't noticed yet."

"Aah~ lucky her."

----Room 1235----

Cold water dripping in the basin, Luhan squeezed the towel, then he folded it in a rectangular shape to place it on top of her forehead. "You must sleep, arasso? So that your fever could at least cool down right away."

"Oppa. . . .thank you so much. You've done enough for me." shyly smiled.

"If it's you, it's okay! I'll take care of you." Luhan gave a thumbs up.

Chanyeol joked. "Haha. You should call him, appa, not oppa anymore."

laughed. "Luhan appa."

Luhan pouted, slightly punching his shoulder. "I'm still young to be a father! I'm only 22 years old." they all laughed after that but then he forcefully dragged Chanyeol out. "Aaah~ we should go out! She needs to rest!"

He almost tripped but Chanyeol remembered he was supposed to say something to her so he turned to Luhan. "Ah! I remembered that I was going to tell her something. I forgot what it is but give me a minute or so to talk to her so I can rememeber!" Chanyeol hoped it was a reasonable excuse.

". . . .Oh right." Luhan patted his shoulder. "Maybe about your last. . . .moments?"

It was not the reason, but partly, so Chanyeol nodded to cover up the real reason. "Oh yeah, oh yeah! I just have to remember."

"Arasso!" Luhan nodded. "Take your time but not more than thirty minutes!"

"Got it!" Chanyeol gave a thumbs up then Luhan went out the door, leaving it open a bit.

When the coast was clear, noticed that Chanyeol was still in the room. He then approached her, somehow nervous. "Hmmm? Why are you still here, oppa?"

"Aah. . . ." Chanyeol nervously scratched his head. "Can I talk to you? I want to say something before I die. . . ."

got kind of surprised by what Chanyeol had said. She felt something was going to happen but she nodded in agreement. "Hmmm, okay. What is it?" she rose from her bed, removing the towel from her forehead.

Chanyeol sat beside her on bed, looking down to think of what he wants to say. "Please don't get mad, okay?"

She suddenly panicked. "Is-is there something I did wrong?"

"No! None that I know of. . . .there's nothing! Uhm. . . ."

On another point of view, Tao hurriedly went to Room 1235. He was right in front of the door, thinking if he should knock or turn around. ". . . .I'm just checking."

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Click.


"Oh, Tao! What is it?" Luhan caught a glimpse of Tao and saw what he was wearing. "You're. . . ."

Tao looked at himself then smiled shyly. "Yeah. . . .I'm still wearing a bathrobe."

"What brings you here-" Luhan asked a question but he answered it himself. "-oh you want to see, ?"

The maknae nodded shyly, keeping his composure. "Mmhmm. Can I talk to her?"

"Why not!" Luhan opened the door widely so that Tao could go in. He closed the door then he spoke to Tao. "Oh, wait for Chanyeol to go out the room. He's talking to her."

"Privately?" Tao got curious.

"Mmm, I guess so." Luhan shrugged. "I'll just go to the kitchen to prepare her soup. She hasn't eaten her lunch."

"Ah, go ahead." Tao nodded then Luhan patted his head with a smile before going off to the kitchen.

When Luhan was out of sight, Tao curiously wandered towards her room so he went to the bedroom. Of course, he searched for the closed door and to his surprise, the door was left open. As he drew near, he could hear Chanyeol's loud and deep voice inside.

"I'm going to die later so I just want you to know this. . . ."

"Go ahead~"

"I wonder?" Tao hesitated to eavesdrop but curiousity was killing him so he decided to take a peek inside before going in. Pushing the door slightly as it made a small creaking sound, Tao cringed on what he heard from Chanyeol's mouth.

"I actually like you!"

Eyes widening in shock, he couldn't believe what Chanyeol did next. He wasn't sure but his eyes weren't deceiving him. Tao saw Chanyeol kissing her. It was difficult to see from behind the door but he was sure, was he? He quickly leaned back from the door, closing it by accident, out of panic.

"Is someone there?"

Tao heard her voice. He didn't know what to do so he quickly ran out of the bedroom, stumbling out. When he was near the door, Luhan saw him in a hurry. "Where are you going, Tao?"

Reaching for the doorknob, he staggered. "Uhm. . . .it's taking them so long so maybe I'll check her later. Have to get dressed." Tao opened the door, wiping something off of his eyes before going out.

"Oh, okay?. . . ." Luhan heard the door shut so he was left there puzzled. A familiar voice was heard.

"Hyung! What are you doing standing there?" Chanyeol came out of the bedroom and walked towards Luhan.

Luhan turned around, startled. "Tao came to visit but you guys were talking and he just left."

"Aaah~ my bad." Chanyeol scratched his head, showing a shy and awkward smile.

"What did you tell her? Tell me. . . .I'm curious." Luhan raised an eyebrow, looking at Chanyeol fidgeting.

"Well, since I will die later. . . .I think you didn't know this one so I just told her I like her!" Chanyeol's cheeks flushed.

Luhan's eyes widened in shock, his chest somehow tightening but he acted like what most people would do. "Bwo?! Really? Then what happened?"

Chanyeol didn't expected that kind of reply so he still told the truth. "She said thank you to me. She still smiled but it was cute to see her reaction when I hugged and kissed her-"

"SAY WHAT!?" Luhan was about to slap Chanyeol but he quickly added.

"-in the CHEEK, hyung, CHEEK!!!" Chanyeol stepped away from Luhan to avoid getting slapped despite of his tall height, he was still scared.

"Oh~" Luhan held his chest then sighed in relief. "I thought it was somewhere else. . . ."

"Sheesh. . . .I'll get killed if I do that!" Chanyeol rolled his eyes, thinking to himself. "If Tao knew I'd get my wushu'ed."

Luhan scrunched his nose and gave him a warning punch, causing Chanyeol to back away. "Oh you will be!"

"Chill, hyung, chill!" Chanyeol calmed Luhan down. He then pointed at the soup on the table.

"Her soup will get cold."

"AIGOO!!!"