Ideas

The Golden Hotel 3 (골든 호텔 3)

----Room 1236----

Everyone gathered around in the living room. Neither was talking. Tears just kept on falling. Baekhyun died a horrible death and they didn't expect it to really happen. The room was too silent until someone broke through it.

ambled to Kris. Tugging his sleeve, he bent down to hear what she has to say. "…We should talk things right now." She glanced at the guys, concerned of their sanity.

Kris nodded in agreement, sighing heavily before turning to them. "Guys… we really need to voice out our feelings. Let's discuss things."

They only exchanged blank and reluctant looks, staring at each other when another moment of silence came by.  went a little impatient, so she raised her voice to get on with it, "Yah, guys! Snap out for a little while! Let's talk things out and try to figure out who's behind this!"

"Easy for you to say…" Chanyeol rather said it sarcastically, his expression showing irritation.

"Chanyeol…" Suho eyed him to signal him to keep calm and quiet.

Eyes dropping to the floor, Chanyeol scowled to himself. He was really vexed about what had happened to Baekhyun. No one could ever blame him since he was close to Baekhyun. "Sorry.." Chanyeol muttered softly, apologizing.

"How do we know?" Luhan asked first.

"We should back track on what she had said in the past weeks." Chen suggested while everybody agreed.

She then recalled, "Wait, all of you were interrupted while answering your brainteasers, right?"

"Hmm, yeah?" They all answered.

Pausing for a minute, tried to organize her thoughts on how to convey her side. "It's because… mine was different." She looked at them hesitantly. "I'm the reason why all of you are still here." She bravely admitted. "…but Baekhyun's death was somehow planned."

"Whoa, wait—you’re the reason why we're still here? What does that mean?" Xiumin wanted to clear things up.

All eyes averted towards her so she had to explain, "I was given a brainteaser and that was to know who will die first. I answered correctly, but the strange part, it looked like this person was challenging me…"

"Challenging you?" Kai lifted an eyebrow. "How so?"

"There was a message for me. In the beginning, it said: 'Do you think you're smart, girl?' "

Sehun shivered after hearing it. "That is plain creepy."

"I guess we have proof that it IS one of… us." Tao was upset to know that it might be one of the members.

"It's very hard to even believe it." Rubbing his nape, D.O couldn't accept the fact that one of his fellow members were behind this evil scheme.

Lay abruptly raised his hand. "I have to point out something." All of them turned to Lay. "What if our riddles are clues? If Baekhyun's death was really planned."

For Lay's idea,  had an idea on what to do. "Omo! You have a point there, oppa! What are all your answers?"

"What for?" Kris tried asking.

She expressed her opinion, "Well, there's no harm in trying to jot down clues, right? I kind of think this killer is challenging me, so, it's better to think ahead if he is giving us clues."

Kris then started off with his riddle answer followed by the other members.


… … … …

"Time."

"Mind."

"Teleportation."

"Wind."

"Ice."

"Flight."

While everybody was saying their answers, all of them were getting high-strung.

"Healing."

"Fire."

"Light."

"Sand."

"Electricity."

"Water."

"Oh dear…"  bit her lip anxiously. "Those are somehow related to your elements. Well, not somehow… but it seems like it!"

"I'm getting scared now! I don't want to be here anymore~" Sehun whined and his body began quaking in fear.

Luhan patted his back to calm him down. "We are all the same here. We can't get out of here even if we want to."

"Noona? What is your riddle answer?" Kai asked.

eyed Kai, nervously swallowing before saying her answer loudly, "…Planet."

"We're doomed." Slapping his skin, Xiumin squished both of his cheeks.

"Yah, don't say that~" Chen slightly nudged Xiumin.

Now, she was looking around for something. "Do you guys have anything to write on?"

Kris was near a drawer. He recalled that he had seen a notepad inside along with a pen. "Oh. I saw a notepad here." He opened the drawer next to him and took the notepad to give it to .

"Thank you!" She took the notepad, went to sit down next to the table, and began writing the clues.

Luhan went to her side, kneeling down to have a better look on what she was doing. "What will you do dongsaeng?"

"I am planning to write everything that is possible."  wrote 'Plane' at the top left corner of the paper before writing their sitting arrangement.

On the next page,  asked for their floors. "May I know where are your floors? Starting from the bottom."

Sehun raised his hand. "4th floor, noona!"

"6th floor, noona!" Kai raised his hand.

"8th floor." Tao was next to Kai.

"10th floor." D.O was next to Tao.

"14th floor." Chen mentioned his floor.

"16th." Chanyeol was next to Chen.

"18th." Xiumin told his floor.

"20th floor." Luhan raised his hand.

"22nd floor." Lay was next to Luhan.

"24th." Suho was next to Lay.

"26th floor." Kris was the last to mention his floor.

"Lastly, mine is the 28th floor and Baekhyun oppa is the 12th floor."  jotted it all down.

"What will we get from here?" Luhan stared at her writings.

"I don't know. Clues perhaps." She was still uncertain while thinking of more ideas. "Maybe… just maybe. If someone dies again… it has something to do with the riddles. I'll add it soon if I'm sure."

Luhan noticed her being quiet all of a sudden, so he called her attention, "?"

Snapping out in reality, she then looked at Luhan. "Ah! I was thinking of something."

"What-"

Kris then interrupted, "Did you find any?"

Both of them looked up at Kris then she handed the notepad to him. "For now, this is what I came up with."

Lay, Xiumin, Suho, Kai and the others tried to take a look. She then glanced at Tao who was silently sitting down the sofa. "…I'm really sure, Tao oppa? You should be out of the suspect list."

"What?!" Tao was surprised. "But…"

"You're innocent, right? So why do you need to include yourself as a suspect?" She pointed out the truth.

"She's right, Tao." Kris sided with her. "You don't have to worry. We won't suspect you."

"Nae! Duizhang is right!" Luhan lifted a thumb while smiling softly. "We'll just prove that it's not one of us."

Tao pouted hard, feeling a little guilty. "Okay then…" He sighed deeply.

"So… it really is confirmed. One of us is a killer." Suho frowned, disappointed.

"It doesn't mean that you guys should be suspecting each other, arasseo? If you do, you'll be really a suspect."  explained clearly as everyone nodded. "Nobody will leave-"

"Excuse me." Chanyeol suddenly rose from his seat and walked out just like that.

"Yah! Chanyeol!" Suho shouted as a warning, but Chanyeol didn't listen at all and he went out the door. "Chanyeol-" He was about to go after him but  halted him.

"I'll go. Stay with the rest." She then ran off to get him back but Tao swiftly grabbed her wrist. She then landed her puzzled gaze towards him.

"I'll come with you."

went speechless for a moment, her heart leaping out of her chest.

When Luhan saw their long eye contact, he then had an urge to in, feeling a little jealous. "I'll come!" Luhan raised his hand.

She looked at Luhan surprisingly with her eyes wide. There was an awkward situation in the air.

Tao also looked at Luhan, but he slowly released his hold on her wrist. "… … … …"

"A-arasseo? You two should—come..." When she pivoted with her back facing them, she thought, "Why do I get the feeling that the aura of those two is getting stronger?" Shaking the thought off,  went to twist the doorknob to finally go outside with them.