Crushed

The Golden Hotel 3 (골든 호텔 3)

"What?!" Everybody hurriedly gathered around her.

"What does it say?" Kris asked curiously.

"Save me. . . ." showed the small piece of paper on top of her palm.

"We're actually near his death, right?" Kai asked for assurance, although he seemed down. "After me. . . ."

"Hey, Kai, don't think of it yet." she brushed his bangs away from his forehead, hand going down to cup his cheek. "Arasso?" Kai nodded with a pout. "Good." then patted his cheek.

Tao bit his lips secretly, then he looked away. "Stop making me jealous. . . ."

After that, the eerie speakers were screeching, causing them to flinch on their places. D.O suddenly clings on to Kris' shirt since he was near him. "I don't wanna die, I don't wanna die, I don't wanna die~"


Kyungsoo. . . .
Chain yourself inside the Car Crusher. . . .


The room suddenly lights up the Car Crusher and the engines were heard starting up. After that, they could hear footsteps echoing from above. When they turned around, it was those ninjas clothed in black again, blocking the way to escape, but there were only four of them.

"I'm gonna die. . . . . ." D.O trembled badly.

All of them were glaring at the ninjas before spoke, "Kai? You come with Kyungsoo. him. I think they don't want anyone disobeying. . . ."

Kai exchanged looks with D.O and he was about to tear up. "Hyung. . . . ."

"Kai. . . ." D.O approached Kai to give him his last friendly hug which was very tight. Both of them didin't want to let go. "I just want to say. . . ." he then pulled away to talk to all of them. "It's really been wonderful to have met all of you. I am very thankful." D.O forced a warm smile and tears rolled down his cheeks.

Everybody got emotional, except for and Tao who were very tired of shedding tears. Nothing was coming out at all but both of them had an upset face. One of the ninjas was a little impatient and shouted at them to keep up the pace. D.O wiped his tears away and began walking alone, half way with Kai, refusing to be escorted by him.

"I'm sure the chain is only one so that I can chain myself. . . ."

". . . .Okay hyung. I'm going to miss you." Kai watched him jog all the way inside the Car Crusher before turning his back on him to go back to them.

"What happened?" asked Kai.

"He prefer to go alone and that the chain could only be one."

She nodded. "That can be possible-"

"Hey, you, pretty girl!" one of the ninjas shouted, some of them snickering.

Tao suddenly clenched his fist. "My blood is boiling. . . ." he whispered harsly with a gritted teeth.

shivered and whispered back as harshly as Tao. "You can say that again."

Among Tao, Kris and Kai who glared at them, the ninjas caught an icy and deadly glare and so they stopped kidding around. One of them whispered, nudging the other. "Shh! The boss will kill you!"

By that sudden change of mood, glanced at the three boys gathered around her. "Who could have scared off those four?" she suddenly had doubts. "I would get scared at these three boys but. . . ."

The other ninja talked to them. "Just slide open that cover beside those control panels. You would see another gaming screen for you guys to play. You only have two lives for this game." his voice echoed throughout the room.

Kai decided to look at the cover and there was a handle to slide it down. He voluntarily slid the cover down and it revealed a big black screen. Kris followed his movement and he saw the control panels. "But. . . .this design looks like a. . . .control pad?"

decided to take a good look of the machine. "It is a control pad! Look! Kai! Isn't it that this is a joystick?" she pointed near his body.

He looked down to check. "Bwo! Yeah~ it is a joystick and these are buttons!" Kai browsed the machine.

"We're playing an Arcade?. . . ." Tao doesn't seem confident of what game it might be.

"We'll just have to plug it in?" Kris bent down to plug in the socket and he switched it on.

The screen lights up and to 's and Kai's surprise, it was actually the game they played two days ago. "Tekken 6!!!" they exchanged surprised looks.

Imagine an arcade machine with two joysticks for two players and of course, control buttons. "How does the game go?!" Kris shouted at the ninjas.

One of them spoke. "Just play against the computer! However. . . ." he pointed at then to Kai. "You two won't be playing."

"Why can't they play?" Tao protested.

The other ninja crossed his arms. "Isn't it obvious?"

whispered. "We know combo moves and practically they don't want us participating for a sure win."

"Then that means Tao and I would only be playing then?!" Kris' mouth hanged slightly open.

Kai's eyebrows came together. "But that means a sure kill for Kyungsoo hyung!"

"Isn't that unfair?" Tao looked stressed.

She let out a deep sigh. "We couldn't do anything about that." looked at the game screen. "Play."

----Kyungsoo----

D.O climbed inside the Car Crusher, glancing around with a frightened face. He tried touching the steel walls but an abrupt shiver ran down his spine. "These walls would be the death of me. . . ." h
e exhaled nervously.

As he approached the middle part, D.O saw a manacle to confine his one hand attached on the ground. When he touched it, he noticed a video camera just in front of him. You can see a red light flashing and he could tell that it is actually recording.


". . . .I guess my actions can really be seen."

Back at the door to where they came through, one of the ninjas moved his sleeves up and revealed a watch that has a small TV screen. "Okay. I see him locking his hand."

One of them touched the small mic attached to his clothes. "Proceed with the plan."

And back to the four, Kris made Tao play the game first. "Go ahead."

"I don't know which character to choose." Tao stared at the screen.

Kris then pointed. "Just do it in random."

"Okay." Tao used the joystick to choose a character randomly and then after that, they played.

saw that the random character was Armor King. "S-seriously."

"Why?" Kai raised an eyebrow.

She shook her head. "Nothing. I was kind of confused at Armor King's storyline."

"Oh. Isn't that the. . . .brother thing?" Kai can't remember the story.

"Yeah. I think his sibling wanted revenge for his death-" 's eyes suddenly widened. She felt something piercing behind her neck. It was a needle.

"Noona?" Kai got confused at her expression. "What's wrong?"

wanted to move her legs and arms but she couldn't. "K-Kai." she dropped on the floor, all paralyzed.

"NOONA!!!" Kai shouted, falling on his knees to help her while the two jolted up in surprise.

When Kris turned around, his eyes widened when one of the ninjas pointed a knife at Kai's throat, and the other one was now pointing a knife at his neck. Tao's head turned and he went stiff seeing Kris being pointed a knife at. The bad guy then spoke, "Keep playing. We'll be taking Kai with us."

"Mwo?" Kai glanced around and the other two ninjas took each of his arms to take him away. "YAH!!! LET ME GO!!!" he kicked and jumped around.

"KAAAAAI!!!" wanted to help but she couldn't even get off the floor, watching the scene in horror. "Damn it! Is this actually a distraction?!"

The ninja that was pointing a knife at Kris' neck looked at him with an idea. He suddenly slashed his neck, his skin opening up, and blood flowed out. Kris held his bloodied neck with a surprised and frightened look, then he fell down the floor from the pain, choking on his own blood.

shouted, "KRIS!!!"

"Gege!!!" Tao stopped playing and he went for the ninja that sliced his neck. He landed a punch but the ninja avoided the attack, ducking from below him and quickly pulling out a pepper spray to blind Tao's eyes. "AAAH!!!" Tao felt the seething pain from his eyes, collapsing on the floor to cover his eyes. "Aaaah~" he coughed a lot of times, had breathing troubles, and couldn't speak properly.

"Tao~" tried crawling to him.

"Psh~ Game Over~"

The Ninja went for the control panels and pushed a big red button. A buzzing alarm sound was heard and red lights flashed around. All of them escaped with Kai still screaming and shouting. "KYUNGSOO!!! KYUNGSOO!!!"

Kai caught D.O's attention inside the Car Crusher. His screams and shouts were faint, but he can hear him well. "Kai? KAAAIIIII!!!" he wanted to break free from the manacle, but his feet were glued on the floor the moment he felt the walls backing away from him in terms of having a momentum to crush him flat.

Tears began rolling down his cheeks. His breathings were also uneven, inhaling and exhaling slowly as he quivered from fear of getting crushed. "This will be a quick death. I won't feel it, right? I'm so scared. . . .Why does this have to happen to us? What did we do? No use of escaping. . . ." D.O turned around to face the video camera with glaring eyes of hatred. He somehow wanted to show how angry he was whoever the killer is. He then spoke softly, "Have you had your fun now? You will die soon. . . .EXO is one, but not you. You're not one of us, Traitor."

Closing his eyes, D.O braced himself for the impact. The walls closed in on him with great speed. He only felt a quick crushing pain but after that, he knew he was dead. His consciousness was dead. The walls crushed his body flat, internal organs getting crushed, as well as his bones. Nothing was really left of him. He was good as dead. Blood stained the walls as it withdrew away from crushing him. tried her best to take a peek of what happened to D.O nervously. Squinting her eyes, she saw plenty of blood dripping from the ground. She had a bitter expression after seeing it, closing her eyes to sob for another loss of a member.

"What is-ha-happe-pening?" Tao coughed between words, still blinded by the pepper spray.

"He-he's dead. . . ." whispered sadly.

"D-Damn it." Kris couldn't help but stutter words. He coughed again, blood trickling down the side of his mouth.

"Don't talk! Both of you. . . ." she commanded. "Focus on breathing, Tao. And you're loosing blood, oppa. Just cover your wound with your hand."

After sometime, can move around. The paralysis drug wasn't that powerful to take minutes before she could move again. She immediately helped Tao guide his way up and with Kris following from behind while he tried his best to stop the bleeding from his neck, returning to their room.


An hour passed by, finished rolling up some bandages around Kris’ bleeding neck and Tao was able to open his eyes, but he couldn’t open them fully. His skin was burning him from time to time and his eyeballs were irritated from the pepper spray. She then sat down next to him on the couch to wipe his sweat away from his forehead.

She giggled softly, and Tao gave her a confused look. “What’s so funny?”

“You. You look more like a panda with your eyes swelling a bit.”

“It’s not funny.” Tao sounded cold.

nudged him, pouting. “Why so serious?”

“Why do you joke around so much in this kind of situation?” he asked frankly. Kris gave him a stare while Tao just stared back. let out a heavy sigh and explained.

“What? Do you want to look depressed and be like ‘oh no we’re going to die! Let’s be forever scared and depressed and not have fun with the remaining days we have!’ kind of thing? If you ask me, I don’t want to be upset everyday and frown throughout the week. It’s not healthy! Why not at least be happy? Be positive? Negativity away everything. If people are mad and they see happy people around them, they get madder. They get ticked off if they try to joke around with them.”

She then continued. “I know we’re dying in this hotel, and I sometimes think I might be the root of it all, the reason with all of these deaths been going on in here! If you want to just die to end your misery, go kill yourself. In our view, my view, I just want to see you guys smile and remove the tension in the air at least. Do you guys understand me? The way I feel and think?”

Silence engulfed the room with her honest answer. Kris nudged Tao to answer back and he just nodded. “I’m sorry. . . .I’m having mixed feelings lately.” He coughed again, closing his eyes, trying not to scratch them.

She frowned. “Sensitive panda.” ruffled his hair, then planted a soft kiss on his cheek. “I’m sorry as well.”

Kris held back his smile and covered his mouth, shaking his head. “Lovepandas.” He then twitched from the pain on his neck. After that, he remembered asking, “K. . . .ai?” was all that he could ever escape from of his mouth.

turned to look at Kris then she stared down the carpeted floor. “Since after four days, it would be his death. . . .and with Luhan’s note appearing, I am guessing we can meet Luhan and Kai would be. . . .just somewhere around the hotel.”

“Specifically?” Tao asked.

“Elevator.”

“W. . . .hy?”

“Telekinesis and Teleportation. I can only think of the elevator as the transportation and with Telekinesis, you press the up, down, and number buttons to move the elevator from the destination you desire.”

After a short pause, Tao nodded in agreement. “That- makes sense.” He coughed again, covering his mouth.

“What. . . if?” Kris gestured his hands and she knew right away what he was talking about.

just shrugged her shoulders. “We will find out soon. . . .I am very worried about Luhan oppa.”

“I think we’re all anxious.” Tao said quietly.

“Don’t be jealous, okay?” turned around to come closer to him, to whisper something. “You trust me, right? Please say you do. . . .” she stared into his eyes, hoping to have a positive feedback.

Tao smiled faintly despite of his burning condition. “Yes, I do. . . .I won’t be jealous, but if I do get sad, upset, or cry. . . .hit me then just smile at me to remind myself that you know what I really meant to say is that, I love you.”

“Wo ai ni. . . .” smiled widely, her cheeks blushing by his cheesiness. “I miss your lips~” she pursed hers, looking at his curvy lips.

Tao kissed 's lips without any hesitations, kissing her as gently as he could, doing it quickly before he coughs again.

“Cheesy. Too much cheese.” Kris suddenly stood up to walk away. “I’m here. I can. . . .actually hear you. . . .guys. Get. A. Room.”

and Tao pulled away in embarrassment, apologizing at the same time to Kris. “Dui bu qi.”

With D.O’s death in vain, only Kai, Luhan, Kris, Tao and are left alive in the hotel. What childish play could possibly happen as the end draws near? Will the clues really lead to the killer? Or is it another bluff to have them thinking? When they left the room earlier, someone went back to stop the video from recording, taking the video camera.


Human patty.
Heh. . . .