Electrocution

The Golden Hotel 3 (골든 호텔 3)

Kris and Tao was staring at her in amazement. They were speechless for a second there but Kris had to comment something. "Do you have a memory card or some sort of micro chip or USB port in your brain?"

She stared at Kris and answered rather quickly. "No, I do not have any of those that you mentioned, but I have a stock knowledge and this information was memorable because like I've said, this is fun! Although, I think I figured it out already what the dangerous part would be. The voltage would be higher and for that to happen is that we need a bigger Van de Graaff Generator and a game that would somehow increase the voltage and turn it into a dangerous device."

Somehow, they were able to cope up with the speed of hre speaking voice. Kai mumbled to himself. "Hemorrhage level."

Chen heard his comment so he can't help but to state what he think she has as he narrowed his eyes. "Do you have ADHD?"

"Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder?" completed the meaning of ADHD to visualize the terms of the words quickly before answering. "No? Hyperactivity for today, perhaps?"

They disregarded what she said. "We bow to you." D.O and Kai praised , bowing to her in worship.

Tao couldn't help it at all but approach to give her a panda hug. "Love~ you're so clever~" he kissed her lips long enough for Chen and Kris to look away and rub their napes with the mushy situation. "So how can we solve this?"

She blushed in shades of red after Tao pulled away, stuttering to answer the solved puzzle. "T-the electrical flow in our bodies would be longer if we-we do it by height. Tall males stops the flow quickly so it was preferable for females to do the experiment because we're shorter. It is also advice for anyone wearing any metal accessories to take it off. People with braces might have to be excluded with the experiment."

Ruffling her hair, Tao smiled at her happily. "We will do it by height then. You'll be going first though."

"I know that. . . ." then looked at Chen to ask how it feels to touch the doorknob. "Oppa? Does it hurt?"

Chen turned his attention to her. "It's startling but it's okay once you get the hang of it."

"You'll do fine." Tao patted her back.

"By height?" D.O raised an eyebrow. "So that means. . . ." he measured everybody's height. ", Me, Chen hyung, Kai, Tao and Kris hyung!"

Kai scratched his head. "Worth the shot." he shrugged his shoulders.

Without any further ado, tried touching the doorknob slowly. Small bluish sparks were then seen flying as she got near. At first, she was scared but when she got familiar with the feeling, held the doorknob then she held hands with D.O who jumped up in surprise with the sudden shock for hurting him. The human chain continued and it was followed by Chen, Kai, Tao and lastly, Kris.

"Hey? I didn't feel anything." Kris told Tao the moment he touched his hand.

Tao got curious. "Really? Even a small shock? Because I still felt it although it was really weak already."

"I guess that means we're right?" Kai exchanged looks with Kris and Tao.

Click.

"Bwo!" jumped out of the way when she got startled by the door opening, clinging behind D.O who moved away from the door as well.

"The door opened!" Chen walked forward to push the door.

"Hyung! Be careful!" D.O warned.

"I will!" Chen answered confidently, pushing the door slightly open.

The door creaked as it flew wide open. Everyone gathered around Chen as he poked his head in. Looking around the room, his eyes grew wide when he saw a huge metallic sphere at the center of the cemented room with three metallic chairs and three metallic cylindrical stands in front of the chairs in just a few distance. The wires were also huge and the outlets were near the devices and chairs.

He gulped down nervously. "Guys? I think this is the device was talking about." Chen went completely in for everyone to catch a glimpse of it.

"Where?" D.O went beside Chen, followed by .

Chen pointed. "THAT."

Kai's eyes buldged out along with D.O. "Holy-"

"Whoa." Kris and Tao staggered upon laying their eyes upon the huge Van de Graaff Generator.

The door behind them closed automatically which caused them to turn their heads around. "We're locked in again." Tao went nervous after hearing the clicking sound.

Kris then looked at who was now staring at the Van de Graaff Generator in horror. "?"

She then spoke, scanning the set up. "This device is too dangerous. . . .It's the largest. I think it broke the current record. The outlets are also near." jogged all the way to the middle of the metallic cylindrical stands.

Everybody followed her nervously and when they got near, they noticed at the foot of those three metallic chairs were quite damped with water, and the chairs itself was wet. Also, the sides of the chairs were attached with metal bars towards a rectangle machine standing up near the outlets.

"Bad situation are we?" Chen was starting to tear up and whine. "I don't want this anymorehohore~" D.O then hugged Chen to calm him down.

just nodded in horror. "Very. I think if this is a question and answer portion again, we'll be dragged towards the high voltage outlets near it if we get wrong answers, then we'll be electrocuted to death."

"Aw crap. . . ." Kai ran his fingers through his hair to grip it. "Who will sit on those chairs?"

Tao walked off to see the chairs himself. "Let me take a look."

Kris hesitated to pull him back. "Tao, be careful!"

"I will. . . ." Tao went to the left chair and to his surprise, he saw a name label. He immediately went to the middle then to the right, dictating the names for them to hear. "Kris, Chen and. . . ." he looked at his girlfriend, terrified. "."

Exchanging looks at , her heart beat increased that she felt someone's aura emanating among them. It was flowing slowly and heavily, but she can tell he was thinking deeply with decisions or plans. She couldn't also determine what he will do next.

"Why do I have a feeling I'll be Option 2 while Chen oppa is Option 1?"


Beep. Beep. Beep.

When they heard those beeping sounds, it came from the three metallic cylindrical stands. D.O, Tao and Kai went to their matching areas to take a look of what's on top of it. Another set of touch screen devices were seen with red letterings on the black screen, indicating what to do before starting the game. Kris, Chen and went beside their partners to read with them.

"Those names that are labeled on three chairs would be the ones sitting down to watch their partners answer questions, but they have to strap your hands on the arms of your chair.
The questions would be flashed for the player's eyes and it would be a YES and NO question and answer portion only.
The lives of those sitting down would depend on their partners, however, only one would be the sore loser.
For every incorrect answer, the chair would move back until that person reaches the dangerous zone and eventually, he/she will get electrocuted and die.
Gudluck, EXO."

Tension was yet again building in the air. What if there was a draw and only one would be the sore loser? They have to choose who to save and who to kill. It was the hardest choice they'd have to make if that happens in the end. Without anymore discussions, Kris, Chen and went to sit on their designated seats while their partners strapped them down.

Tao then eyed Kai dangerously. "Kai."

He turned his head around. "Nae?"

"You better not make 4 mistakes. . . ."

"Same to you, hyung."

scowled. "Tao~ I'll be fine. He'll do fine."

"Sorry. . . ." Tao got awkward with Kai as he left.

". . . . . ." Kai also got awkward with Tao when he left.

"Awkward atmosphere. . . ." Chen looked at to his left and he saw her nodding in agreement.

After watching the three go to their respective places, Kris, Chen and nervously looked at D.O, Tao and Kai reading their screens. They were so nervous that their breathings were uneven. When the first question flashed on screen, the trio somehow had an idea of what kind of questions were going to be asked.


Is the Earth the center of the Universe?

1 minute to answer : Yes? or No?


D.O stared at the screen. He quickly tried recollecting his thoughts about the solar system during his student days. "Ah~ for universe sakes! Isn't it the sun? Er, is it? No luck. . . .No?" he tapped the screen.

Tao also thought about the solar system. "The universe is endless. There's no center at all. . . ." with that in thought, he answered No.

Kai tapped the word No after staring at the screen for 30 seconds. "No. That was never true."

When the time limit ran out, everybody got the correct answer for the first question. While Kris, Chen and only sat there watching their face expressions, they all sighed in relief. The screen then went black and another question flashed. Their faces went pale after reading two questions.


Is Venus our neighboring planet?
Yes? or No?

Is it Mars?
Yes? or No?


D.O's hands got sweaty along with Tao and Kai. They can answer both correctly, answer both incorrectly, or one is right and the other one is wrong.

"I'm sorry, Kris hyung. Aigoo." D.O scrunched his eyebrows as he tapped both Yes. He was very unsure since the Earth is between Venus and Mars.

"I'm sorry, Chen hyung! I am not so sure about this two answers!" Tao hollered across the room. Kris, Chen and stared at Tao, all puzzled as he tapped both Yes.

"Huh?" raised an eyebrow.

"I'm also sorry, noona. . . .I think we don't know the answers for both questions." Kai tapped both No.

"Two questions?!" Chen's heart rate increased.

Kris then called out to D.O. "You're not so sure too?"

"No, hyung." D.O bit his bottom lip nervously, exchanging looks along with everyone else.

After the time limit, the answer was shown only to the player's eyes. It was a No and a Yes. Suddenly, the chairs of Kris, Chen and was moving back one space, scaring them as the friction created from dragging caused a high pitched screeching sounds which affected their ears. They all yelped and screamed in pain and at the same time, with horror upon hearing the voltages snapping louder behind them as they come near. Coming to a halt, their eyes turned watery from fright as they held back their tears.

Chen bonked his head back, tears now trickling down the side of his face. "What's the point of playing this game if it will come down to my death?!"

was shaking terribly. Tilting her head up, she screamed harshly. "To have FUN, that's for SURE!" she emphasized.

Kris closed his eyes shut, gritting his teeth. "You're really enjoying this, huh?! You should stop pretending to be worried!"


Tss~ It's my game.
No fun at all if it's not FUN. . . .
To watch people die.
Hahaha!


D.O, Tao and Kai stayed quiet, getting pressured more as another question flashed in their screens. D.O stared seriously, Tao rubbed his nape, and Kai shifted positions to focus on two questions again.

When a Star dies, does it go Supernova?
Yes? or No?

Will the dust help make new stars in the future?
Yes? or No?


Thinking quickly with limited time, D.O wasn't really sure what supernova meant, so he tapped both No to both questions. As for Tao, he thought the same thing, so he tapped No but he answered Yes to the second one. On the other hand, Kai thought of it exploding, so he tapped Yes to both questions. After waiting for the time limit to finish, only Kris and Chen's chair moved back again except for . Kai got the questions right because the answer for both were Yes.

"Zitao!!!" Chen screamed at Tao in panic, breathing heavily while his chair was moving backwards again.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" Tao hollered back, then he slightly pounded the device for getting angry at himself.

"Kyungsoo!!!" Kris kicked his legs up in attempt to actually kick D.O but it wasn't possible anyway.

"Maybe the next question, hyung!" D.O wanted to shake the device, getting frantic.

"There won't be a next time if I die because of you!"

As each team were screaming at each other, fell into deep thinking. She looked at Tao then to Kai. "What if it was Tao all along and he was framing Kai? But what if it was Kris oppa all along because the two of us would be left together with Tao?" she got pissed for branching out reasons. "Aish! Focus. . . .my own reasonings could mislead me instead!"

Another question was then flashed.


Is Milkyway the center of our Galaxy?
Yes? or No?


With this single question, D.O, Tao and Kai were taken aback. This question somehow lead them to think about the universe which contradicted the answer for it. But little do they know that they were just having a hard time doing logic right now. With haste, D.O tapped Yes, Tao tapped No, and Kai tapped No. Luckily, Kris did not move but the chairs of Chen and .

Both yelped again but Chen was seriously getting frustrated at Tao. "HUANG ZITAO!!! IF YOU GET ANOTHER MISTAKE, I WILL SURELY THINK YOU'RE THE KILLER BEHIND ALL OF THIS!!!"

". . . . .Sorry." Tao somehow got offended by what Chen had told him.

Kris then scolded Chen. "Chen! Do NOT blame him just because he can't answer correctly!"

shouted in her chair. "Oppa, shut up! Don't go blurting out things like that! Tao is sensitive! No one is at fault!"

"Guys! We don't have to argue!" Kai also got pissed at the situation while Tao stayed quiet. "And Chen hyung, don't blame me if there's a question that would ask us about who to save in the end, because I will definitely save noona!"

Tao stayed quiet and answered the next question that was flashed while they were fighting. ". . . . ."

"YAH!!!" Chen scowled at Kai. He was about to blame him but he kept quiet, swallowing his own words.

Kai then arched an eyebrow. "What? You were about to blame me instead?"

"Guuuys?. . . ." Tao tried calling their attentions to answer the question. "Guys!-"

D.O then tried ending the fight, cutting off Tao. "Guys! Cut it out please!" he was too distracted at the fighting that he thought he had already tapped his answer when he actually missed it by an inch. "Fighting won't take you anywhere!"

Kris watched the scene terribly when he saw Tao a little uncomfortable before shouting at them now. "GUYS! ANSWER THE FREAKING QUESTION!"

"I did!" D.O looked at his screen but he saw that he failed to tap his answer, and so he got the question wrong. "NOOOO!!!" he held on to the device.

"OH FU-" Kai's eyes widened when he failed to read fast to answer the question.

In relief, Tao answered correctly but D.O and Kai failed to answer the question. And so, Kris and were now in line with Chen for backing three spaces already. Another mistake would lead to someone's death. Kris scolded at them after that.

"NOW LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED!!! DO YOU WANT US TO GET KILLED, IF EVER THIS WAS A TRIPLE KILL?!"

Everyone stayed quiet. Nobody spoke at all and they had their heads down. With a deep sigh, Kris commanded. "Read the next question. . . ."

D.O, Tao and Kai did so. When they read the next question, their eyes widened in horror. It was not expected, but it was the question that had feared to be asked.


Choose two persons to save. If the majority wins, that person will die. Failing to answer would result for the loss of three members. 1 minute to decide.

Kris
Chen



This question was the hardest to answer, but they have to choose or else the triple kill that Kris just mentioned awhile ago would come true. D.O decided to pick out Chen and . For Tao, he had a hard time to pick but he chose and Kris. For Kai, he didn't hesitate to choose and Kris at all. With that, the last question was now finished. Chen's heart broke into pieces when only his chair was moving backwards towards the Van de Graaff Generator. Everyone looked at Chen then Kris and called out to him.

"CHEEEN/OPPAAA!!!"

Chen bursts into tears when Kai, Tao and D.O attempted to get him out, but he forbade them to do so. "Please don't try! Don't get me out!"

"Are you insane, gege?!" Tao did not stop at all so he ran towards Chen.

"TAO!!!" Kris and tried stopping him

"Tao/hyung!!!" Kai and D.O tried reaching for him, but commanded first.

"Kai! D.O! Get us out first!"

Both of them ran to their partners to take off the strap around them hurriedly. While doing so, Tao tried going for Chen but the cracking sounds of the voltages scared him. Astonished at first, but he eventually went for Chen and tried taking off the straps. When he did, Chen shook his head the pushed Tao away.

"Tao, no!"

Tao got pushed away, tripping a bit before gaining balance. "C'mon, gege! Now's your chance to live!"

"I'm sorry, Tao. . . " Chen looked away, trying to hide his sad face.

"What?. . . ."

"For the things I've said earlier. . . ."

"That's done! Do we have to do this? You have to escape!" Tao pleaded, but he only got a no for an answer.

"It's better for me to die, okay?! If I live, who knows what that idiotic killer would do? If I live, our sufferings would only last longer! Don't you want our misery to end faster?" Chen let out a sob, sniffing.

"But. . . .there's a way."

"There's a way? How?" Chen challenged Tao but he couldn't answer at all. "See? Because there's none!"

"Gege-" Tao tried stepping forward but the voltage cracked again. This time, Chen felt that shock.

"AAAHHH!!!"

"GEGE!!!" Tao wanted to try again, but Kris grabbed his arm and the other was Kai, while went in front of him to push him away.

"Move back, Tao, it's dangerous!!!" she begged.

"But-"

"Zitao!" Kris raised his voice.

D.O jumped up and down in his place while he watched the three pull Tao back in a safe place. "Hurry! Hurry-"


CRACK.

All of them jolted, covered their ears, and bended down automatically. The crack was too loud and after that, they could hear a series of cracking and zapping sounds. The place was beginning to smell like smoke and they could hear Chen screaming in intense pain. Looking back to at least watch was too hard on them. All of them started crying when Chen screamed more.

"GAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!"

Chen felt his body being electrocuted. It was very painful because of his wet chair. He even felt like a thousand needles were piercing through his skin. It wasn't that long but when he reached the high voltage, Chen's body began shaking because of the amount of voltage. And that resulted as instant death. He fell off his chair and his body went sprawled on the floor, face down. A few zapping and cracking sound was heard but it all disappeared after a few minutes. That was all that could describe what happened.

uncovered her ears and tried looking at the seen. When she looked at Chen's burnt and bloodied face, she almost wanted to puke. "Oh God." she closed her eyes shut, looking away.

"C-can we get out now, please?" D.O quivered badly. He took a peek but he got scared to see the sight.

Kai looked but he turned his head away. ". . . . . ."

The boys tried looking as well but they all felt like puking. Tao on the other hand, closed his eyes shut and sobbed more. "This is not happening. . . ."

Kris sniffed and pulled Tao into a hug. "We have to accept it. . . .he wanted to end our sufferings faster."


Good that you guys know.