Triangle

The Golden Hotel 3 (골든 호텔 3)

 

Screech. . . .
 
It was only 7:30am in the morning. Lay and got startled when the familiar screeching sound was heard. Why would it be around that time? Maybe something was up ahead and today should be Lay's death, followed by Sehun. Where is the maknae anyway?
 
Lay's heart throbbed fast. "Today is my day to die."
 
stared at Lay sadly. Another member was going to die. What method would the killer use this time? "You're really ready. . . ."
 
"Yeah. . . ." Lay's thigh twitched again so he winced in pain. "Argh!" he bent down, clutching his own hand to endure the pain.
 
She went to take a look of his thigh and surprisingly, his bandage was full of blood. 's face went pale. "How many blood have you lost?!" she stared at Lay carefully and he was pale. "Sleepless nights too. . . ."
 
"This is nothing." Lay faintly smiled "I'm used to the pain."
 
"No you are not! Look at you! You're so pale!" stood up to find some new bandages for her to replace the bloodied one. She went to a certain drawer then opened it, picking out the rolled bandages. "Are you still puking?"
 
"Yeah, at times it's hard to eat. I puke them out. . . ."
 
"Your health is really in a bad condition. . . ." closed the drawer then unrolled the white bandages. Lay voluntarily removed his bloodied bandages then placed it on top of the table while  tended to his wound. "Can you walk?"
 
Lay nodded. "I can but it's hard. So I hop then walk." he winced again when he felt his muscles contracting to cause pain. "The pain won't go away too~"
 
frowned. "Well, that's the symptom when you get bitten by a Viper." she finished wrapping the bandages around his thigh then used a clip to secure it. "There, all done." she stood up then took Lay's bloodied bandages to throw it in the trash bin.
 
After tending to him, Lay wondered about the speakers. "Is it me or, the killer isn't saying anything yet?"
 
"Bwo? You're right." pondered about it too. They were talking for five minutes. "Do you think it's a bluff-"
 
"YAAAAHHH!!!"
 
Someone's voice was then heard shouting desperately to call their attentions. and Lay got startled about it but they recognized his voice. "LUHAN?!"
 
wanted to run off but she glanced at Lay who would take time to catch up. She decided to wait for Lay and went beside him. "I'll help you!"
 
When she was about to offer a helping hand, Lay refused. "No. You go ahead and check him out! I'll catch up."
 
She felt uneasy on what Lay had told her to do so she followed what he said. "Okay then!" ran out hurriedly, leaving Lay in the kitchen.
 
Luhan was heard shouting again. "GUUUUYSSS!!! SEHUN'S ON TELEVISION!!!" it sounded like he was already inside the entertainment room.
 
was about to go in the direction of the short hallway when Tao shoots straight up from his bed comforter to check on what's going on. He ran immediately towards the short hallway but when they crossed paths, both of them halted to a stop, waiting for each other to go first. Neither wanted to have an eye contact so to make things faster, decided to go first then after that, it was followed by Tao.
 
Hurriedly they went straight down the hallway to arrive in the Entertainment Room. When got inside, she saw Luhan kneeling on the floor, shedding more tears as he watched the heart breaking sight to see on the TV screen. Tao entered the room so went to Luhan's side to check on him.
 
"Oppa? Why are you-"
 
"It's Sehun. . . .look." Luhan couldn't stand watching the screen so he looked away, biting his lower lip.
 
looked at the screen then gave out a loud gasp. To her surprise, Sehun was being shown on the screen all battered and beaten. Parts of his clothes were ripped. He was in a rusty room, small and cramped. Behind him was a big ventilation fan and a chain was wrapped around his waist and wrists so that he can't escape and could stand even though he was unconscious. Tao went to 's side then he had the same reaction as her.
 
----Kris, Chen, D.O, Kai----
 
"What happened to him?!" Chen exclaimed.
 
"It's obvious he's battered and beaten mercilessly!" D.O retorted.
 
Chen scowled. "I KNOW THAT."
 
"Cut it out, you two." Kris scolded them.
 
"Sorry." Chen and D.O apologized.
 
D.O turned to look at Kai and he was just staring at the screen, emotionless. He elbowed him, thinking that he was shocked. "Yah. Are you that surprised?"
 
"Ah. What?" Kai blinked a lot before turning to D.O.
 
He frowned. "I said, are you that surprised?"
 
Kai stuttered. "A-Ah yeah. . . ." he then pointed at the screen. "I was also wondering why Sehun is in front of a ventilation fan?"
 
Kris mumbled. "Ventilation fan?" thinking of Sehun's element, he had an idea. "I think that is because Sehun's element is Wind. That ventilation fan is related to his element."
 
"No way. . . ." Chen looked at the screen again then guessed his death. "He'll be shredded?"
 
"So the chain around his waist would pull him towards the ventilation fan?" Kai made a wild guess.
 
"Yah!" D.O lightly slapped Kai's arm. "Will you please stop thinking of something gruesome as that!" he was somehow getting irritated at Kai.
 
Kai shrugged, spreading his arms. "Whaaaat? I'm trying to guess! You're always scolding me. . . ." he pouted. "I'm not going to talk anymore."
 
"Okay, now both of you stop it." Chen smacked his forehead, sliding his hand down to his face. "You and Kai. Stop talking."
 
D.O and Kai turned to Chen and together scolded him. "YOU TOO."
 
Kris shakes his head. "Kai better stop playing some video games-" after saying that word, Kris couldn't help to stare at Kai. "Games?"
 
----, Tao, Luhan and Lay----
 
Lay was now in the room and also saw Sehun's condition. "What's this? I thought it'll be me?" he sat on a nearby chair to relax.
 
turned to look at Lay then back at the screen, scanning Sehun's arm. "Let's just wait for further announcements-" when she caught a glimpse of Sehun's right hand, he was holding something but it was too hard to see it. The screen then suddenly turned black and red letterings started appearing.
 
Luhan was sitting on the floor, trying to keep calm despite of seeing Sehun's condition. He was very anxious. ". . . .Tsk. Sehun. What have they done to you?" he bit his lips, right knuckle folded near his mouth.
 
On the other hand, Tao squinted his eyes, reading the small letterings that appeared for their instructions for the next game along with and Luhan while Lay waited for them to tell the mechanics of the game.
 
All of you might be wondering what happened to Sehun? 
Well, he's battered and beaten as you can see, 
and very much alive until this point.
Don't worry, we feed him.
But, today, he is chained.
Why? You'll find out soon. . . .
 
For the next game, it is called Tag Team.
This game would be fun.
You'll be needing cooperation, of course, and. . . .
Want an antivenin for Lay hyung/gege?
Fight your way to get it.
Why? Again, you'll find out soon. . . .
 
The following pairs are as follows :
 
Chen and D.O
Luhan and Kris
Tao and
Lay and Kai
 
However, only one team will actually encounter. . . .
A real Tag Team.
Entertainment is fun!
 
As usual, wait for 4PM to hit the clock.
Proceed to Room 666.
 
After reading, the screen turned off after a fews minutes then and Tao secretly looked at each other. They didn't expected to be partners and it would be really awkward for them and hopefully, their cooperation won't fail them. As for Luhan, he felt jealous upon knowing that they'll be together the whole game.
 
"I'm not surprised if they get together later on. . . ." he mumbled. "I have to be happy, I guess. . . ." he tried thinking of a way to at least be in good terms with her once again but not now.
 
"So, what happened?" Lay asked when they stayed quiet.
 
turned to Lay and answered his question to loosen up the tension that was building in the air between her and Tao. "We will proceed in Room 666 when 4PM hits the clock. The game is called Tag Team and the killer didn't mention about how it will go but we're all paired up by partners. Chen with D.O, Kris with Luhan, You with Kai and. . . .us." she referred to herself and Tao.
 
Lay nodded after hearing it from . "I see. . . .it does relate to cooperation. The name of the game itself."

"The killer also mentioned about your antivenin, gege." Tao pursed his lips. "I think this game is about getting you cured or. . . .maybe not."

"But it definitely involves Lay oppa." nodded to herself. "The killer also called you hyung or gege."

"It's suspicious. . . ." Luhan just wanted to voice out his opinion. "A trap, perhaps. There are only a few of us left so he's trying to reveal himself slowly."

"Well, whatever it may be, we have to stick together with our partners AND cooperate." Lay suddenly grinned mischievously. "AND YOU TWO SHOULD GET ALONG." Lay eyed Tao and followed by Luhan too. "AND YOU TOO, GEGE."
 
They all stared at Luhan but he just scowled more. He stood up then walked away like a kid, making big grumpy steps. "Soon!!!"
 
Tao and couldn't help it but to glance at each other next. They both wanted to say something but their eyes averted to look at the other direction, ignoring each other. Tao started walking away without a word but he did it unconsciously. is now jealous too and became stubborn, crossing her arms.
 
"Psssh~ he's the one who got jealous with the wrong idea."
 
". . . I don't know what to think anymore! Jealous, jealous, jealous!" 
 
Lay massaged his temples because they were giving him a headache. "Do me a favor before I die. . . ." he mumbled to himself. "-ah~"

scowled more. "Why would I do the move?! I am not the guy!" she stomped away from the room, leaving Lay all alone.

". . . .Triangles. Such a complicated situation." Lay shook his head in exasperation.

----4PM----

After hours had passed by, all of them together went to the 6th floor with their respective partners. Lay was having a hard time walking but he insisted that he needs to get used to it. However, among the group, three of them won't even talk to each other yet. All of them noticed Tao, Luhan and were distant from each other but Lay explained to clear things up while walking in front of the three.

"Love triangle." Lay whispered.

Their eyes flew wide open. "Eh?"

"You mean all three of them. . . .to her." Chen couldn't find the right words on how to put it.

Kris raised an eyebrow. "Had a fight?"

Lay slightly shrugged. "Sort of but partly not."

"So what do you mean?" Kai squinted his eyes.

"Did they confess or what?" D.O raised his eyebrow suspiciously.

"Tao sort of told everything to Luhan gege when he kept on asking her about their relationship to each other. Tao told Luhan he is courting ."

"OOOOOOHHH. . . ."

At the same time, all of them glanced at the trio who were really quiet and were having an awkward tension building up. Lay then nodded. "Friendship. Luhan gege didn't admit it that HE likes but she now knows he's jealous for keeping a secret. . . .or that's how we think it is."

Kris cleared his throat before speaking. "We should stick with our partners now." he saw their destination then raised his voice. "I can see Room 666."

was tailing behind Tao when he stopped, so she bumped right into him. "Oh! I'm sorry!"

Tao turned around and unconsciously, he held her shoulders just in case if she ever trips, she won't fall down. "Careful!"

"I'm-I'm. . . .haha." pulled away, stepping back. "Sorry." she chuckled nervously under her breath.

Kai cracked his fingers then stretched them out, smirking. "Oh this will be a good show~"

"I know right." D.O snickered. "I will be not surprised if they get together."

"Oh the drama." Chen smirked.

Kris stared at Kai for a moment there. He suddenly suspected Kai. ". . . .Maybe after this, I should talk to ."

Kai noticed Kris staring at him so he waved his hand near his face. "Hyung? Hello? Earth to Dragon duizhang?"

He snapped out. "Ah! Sorry. I went blank."

"Oh I see. . . ." Kai just nodded.

"Hey, it's 4PM." Lay looked at his wristwatch. "I think we should start."

Exchanging looks, Kris twisted the doorknob open and to his surprise upon peeking, the room was covered only in cement. When they went in, they all had a bad feeling about their game. Right in the middle of the room was a note on top of a cylindrical post-like table and up ahead were four doors. Something were spooking them, and it was the doors. A message was written in blood.




You'll get a chance to see me. . . .
MAYBE.