Uncanny

The Golden Hotel 3 (골든 호텔 3)

----Kris and Kai----

Running as fast as they could, Kris and Kai finally got out of their room but not to escape, to go into another room which is Chanyeol's and D.O's.
 
"We have to hurry!" Kris opened the door quickly and went in with Kai.
 
As they went into numerous doors and traps, they finally reached the second to the last room where the place was almost swollen up by the fire. 
 
"D.O HYUNG!!!" Kai kicked the door open and it broke, falling down to the ground. 
 
Shockingly, the place is now half swollen up by the blazing fire and the smokescreen was making it hard for them to breathe in fresh air.
 
Kris stared at him, covering his nose. "Is it necessary for you to do that?"
 
"What? I always wanted to do that!" Kai got slightly embarrassed but when he fixed his eyes to look at the ground, D.O was there lying unconscious.
 
"D.O!!! / HYUNG!!!"
 
Kai and Kris hurriedly went to his aid. The fire was almost going to burn him but luckily, they arrived sooner than later. Kris wrapped D.O's arm around his neck while Kai went to the other side to try and wake up D.O.
 
"Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo! Wake up!" Kai slightly slapped his cheek as he called his name over and over again in hope for an answer.
 
After awhile, D.O groaned. "Hnnn. . . ." 
 
"He's okay. We need to find shelter now." Kai went in front of Kris in attempt to piggyback D.O, sitting on his heels.
 
"But how about Chany-"
 
"There's nothing we could do, hyung!" Kai looked back, eyes watering. "This place is already burning!"
 
Kris felt bad that he didn't want to say another word. It was understandable that Chanyeol is already dead. Checking on his body now would be dangerous since they might get caught in the fire. Nobody wants to die right now. Shaking the thought off, Kris helped Kai. Kai grabbed D.O's legs then hoisted him up while Kris served as the supporter from behind.
 
When they were about to go out the door, they bumped right into Luhan. "Oof!!!" Kai almost fell but luckily Kris was at the back to prevent them from falling.
 
"Luhan ge!" Kris got surprised seeing Luhan. "Where is Chen?"
 
"He is assisting Lay and Tao back in our room but first. . . ." He had an anxious expression put up as he looked at D.O. "Is he breathing?"
 
"He is breathing." Kai answered but was curious at Luhan's uneasiness. "Okay, spill!"
 
Luhan nodded but he was definitely panicking. "We have a problem! Lay's health is in danger!"
 
"Wait, is it his sickness acting up?" Kris guessed.
 
"Yes! Not only that, he got bitten by a snake!" Luhan exclaimed.
 
"Oh God. . . ." Kris got shocked.
 
Kai was looking up at the ceiling that's on fire. Any minute now, the ceiling would collapse so he interrupted the conversation. "Teleport? Invalid. Escape? NOW!!!" Kai screamed as he tried running with D.O on his back. "CEILING!!!"
 
C-crack.
 
Kris and Luhan quickly looked up and saw that it was going to collapse so they quickly ran together with Kai. As they got away, the ceiling came crashing down.
 
----Room 1235----
 
When woke up again, she heard noises from outside of her bedroom. Her eyes slowly flew open then looked at the door. She wondered who were they but knew that they were back and based from their voices, they were panicking.
 
"Is Chanyeol dead?" 
 
went out of bed then walked towards the door. She went out then into the living room, approaching a sofa where they were all huddled together. "What is happening?"
 
When D.O turned around, he saw out of bed. "Yah! Are you better?" it seems like D.O had woken up from his unconsciousness but she had no idea that he was asleep.
 
"Yeah-" D.O was about to ask another question when she saw Lay's left thigh bleeding. "Oh my God! What happened to oppa?!"
 
"?!" 
 
The others saw her running beside Lay, falling to her knees to look at his thigh closely. She then saw Kris holding a scissor and a cloth that appears to be Lay's pants that was cut out to reveal the wound. Looking back to his thigh, a blister could already be seen around the affected area and it is swollen. asked worriedly as she stared at it.
 
"Explain! What happened?" she looked up at them.
 
Luhan got concerned first. "Is it okay for you to be out of bed?"
 
nodded. "Mmm! I can manage." she flashed a smile to show him she was absolutely fine.
 
All of them looked at Tao. He was there to witness it so he had no choice but to explain although he remembered what happened earlier between Chanyeol and . "Our game is in a wooden maze trap. We have to find notes but to be exact, our last room in the maze had two snakes in it. It so happens that Lay gege got bitten. If I were too, I'd be in that situation."
 
"A snake?!" 's eyes widened. She looked at Lay's thigh again to check. Blood was also clotting so she had to ask Kris to get her a clean towel while thinking to herself. "This isn't an ordinary snake bite. Lay is poisoned and the symptoms I am seeing rings a bell. . . .gosh! I know those top ten most venomous snakes!"
 
Later, Lay seethes in pain. "AAAAHHH~" He cried more and he felt like he wanted to cut off his leg right now. "It hurts!" Lay untied the handkerchief that Tao tied around his thigh.
 
When she looked at Lay, she saw his gums bleeding. "Tao? Can you describe the snake?" sat beside Lay in the sofa then asked Chen to stop what he was doing. "Ah! Let him sweat the poison out."
 
Chen was fanning Lay because he looked like he was about to collapse from the pain while Kai stood there with crossed arms, biting his finger. Tao tried to remember the snake then told what he can tell. "It was fast and brown."
 
"Hmmm. . . .quick tempered." thought hard then asked another question. "What was your surrounding look like? Definitely night time. Nocturnal snakes?"
 
"The room was quite wet."
 
covered in shock, remembering something. "Oh damn. . . ."
 
Kris went back with a clean towel then handed it over to her. "Here."
 
"Ah, thank you." she took it and started cleaning his blood. "Oh, Kai? You should get a basin of water.
 
"Right!" Kai scrambled to his feet and walked in the kitchen.
 
"What? What did you find out?" Luhan asked her.
 
"When Tao mentioned the surrounding being wet, I'm guessing that the snakes thought that it rained."
 
Chen's eyebrows came together. "I. . .don't quite get the point?"
 
explained further. "Well, some snakes becomes active on certain seasons or depending on what kind of environment they are in. It could be rainy days or sunny days. Daytime or nighttime."
 
"Noona! Here's the basin of-" D.O clamped Kai's mouth when he passed him by. "Shh! She's explaining something."
 
"Oh sorry!" Kai whispered then went around the couch to lay the basin of water down beside on the couch.
 
"Thank you." she mouthed then continued while cleaning Lay's thigh although it was so painful for him. "I believe the killer wanted us to find out about the snake and who knows? He loves games. Maybe he wants us to at least find out about something. For his own entertainment."
 
Tsss.
 
"There are eight of us left-"
 
"Nine." Luhan corrected Chen.
 
"Well, nine. Including Sehun. . . .if he's not dead." Chen mumbled.
 
"Watch it!" Luhan scowled while Chen jolted. "Sehun's not yet dead!"
 
"Gege. . . " Tao held Luhan's shoulder to prevent him from doing anything to Chen. "Calm down."
 
"Guys! Focus!" snapped her finger to get their attention.
 
"Carry on." Kris gestured a nod.
 
After they have calmed down, she tried remembering about the snakes. "Oppa?" she turned to Lay. "How painful is it?"
 
"Very. Severe. At the site of bite too." Lay gritted his teeth.
 
"Bleeding. Severe pains. Blisters. Swelling. Gums Bleeding. A quick tempered brown snake. Nighttime. Nocturnal. Wet environment. . . .possible rain." closed her eyes shut, trying to remember it all. "I know those top ten most venomous snakes. . . .err. . . A B C D E. . . no. . .uhm F G H. . .uhm I? I. . . .it's not I hmmm. . . ."
 
"Whoa. . . .top ten most deadliest snakes? Did she memorize them or something?" D.O's jaw dropped. "How can someone-"
 
"D.O oppa, I can hear you." turned around to stare at D.O sarcastically but then went back to thinking. ". . . .J K L M N. . . .O P? Philippine Cobra is top 7. . . . aish~ Q R S T U V-. . . .V? Vipers? Top 8?" she suddenly got nervous and was very sure. "That was a coincidence? Top 8? And 8 of us are left here if we exclude Sehun. . . ."
 
Kai clamped D.O's mouth this time. "Now you be quiet."
 
"OH MY GOD IT'S A VIPER. TOP EIGHT!!!" abruptly exclaimed and some of them got startled.
 
"Yah~ Don't. DO that!" Lay held his chest in fright but he felt another severe pain. "Ow. . . ."
 
"Sorry!" she bowed slightly.
 
Kris raised an eyebrow questionably. "How do you know it is a Viper?"
 
"It's the symptoms I see and I clearly remember it is a Viper. It's very dangerous."
 
"Is there any other symptoms to prove that it is a Viper?" Kai asked curiously.
 
"Due to Lay's bad health, other symptoms could be seen such as vomiting and facial swelling. There is a drop in blood pressure and heart rate falls too."
 
Tao remembered Lay's heart rate was falling. "Ah! Gege said awhile ago his heart rate was falling."
 
"Really?" looked at Lay breathing uneasily and he was sweating. "Can I hear your heart?"
 
"Uhm. . . .s-sure?" Lay got shy a bit the moment she placed her ear on his chest, apologizing quickly to everyone. 
 
"I'm sorry I don't really know how to feel the pulse of the heart on people's wrists and necks. I'm not a nurse." she placed her hand on her chest to see the difference of their heart beats. "Don't get nervous okay? So that I can determine the difference."
 
"O-okay. . . ." Lay blushed slightly while the others had no reaction but Tao's and Luhan's face expressions changed a bit to jealousy.
 
After awhile, pulled away. ". . . .Your heart rate is quite slower."
 
D.O frowned. "So, it is a Viper that bit Lay hyung. . . ."
 
"How many days does he have to live?" Kris asked.
 
"If I am correct. . . .it usually takes about two weeks at the site of bite. Take it into consideration, due to Lay's health condition as well, it depends on his body. It can be later."
 
"Is there a way to take the poison out?" Chen asked, frowning. 
 
pouted. "There is. I have to it out-"
 
" IT OUT?!" Luhan reacted in exaggeration.
 
"Let me finish. . . " faced palm herself then continued. "I have to drink an olive oil so that when I it out of his body and spit it, I won't get a taste of it. Unfortunately, we don't have an olive oil AND we also don't have an antivenin in the Infirmary AND it's too late to do it. The poison already had spread in his circulatory system."
 
"Oh. . . " Luhan got embarrassed a bit.
 
"So, we can't do anything about Lay hyung's condition?" Kai turned blue.
 
sadly nodded. "Frankly."
 
". . . . ." Tao remained silent as he stood there in disappointment along with everyone else.
 
"It's okay guys. . . .don't worry about me too much." Lay tried smiling but it was quite faint. "If it is according to plan, we must accept it. Anyway, even if we tried putting it to an end, the killer would always find a way to proceed with the order. There's nothing we can do about it. So just let me die like this-"
 
"ARE YOU INSANE?!" Kai grabbed Lay's collar which surprised everyone.
 
"KAI KAI KAI!!!" Kris and Tao pulled Kai away with Chen while D.O went in between them, Kai snapping. 
 
"HOW COULD YOU TALK ABOUT DEATH JUST LIKE THAT!!!" Kai bursts into tears while Lay looked away from him. "DON'T SAY THAT!!! YOU WILL LIVE!!!"
 
"Kai, stop it~ Calm down~" tried calming him down. "Do Lay oppa a favor, jebal?"
 
"Please, Kai?" D.O begged with sadness in his eyes.
 
Kai didn't want to do anything else so he just cried softly, D.O pulling him into a hug. ". . . .Is he mad at EXO K? Why are we the first ones to decrease than M?" he let out a small sob.
 
Heh. . . .
 
suddenly got nervous. She felt a mysterious aura among them. That aura toned down a bit but she couldn't tell who is emanating that strong yet teasing aura. It frightened her and goosebumps started forming so she rubbed her arms to calm herself down.
 
"Who in the world is the killer among them?"