The Golden Hotel 3 (골든 호텔 3)

"We should go inside guys."  insisted by twisting the doorknob. When she did, she abruptly drew her hand back. "AH!!!" Her sudden outburst astonished everyone.

"Did you get hurt?" 
Luhan automatically took her hand to take a look.

shook her head. "No… I was just surprised. It's cold."

"Cold?" Luhan intertwined his fingers with hers to check it out and he noticed the coldness. "You're right." He then pulled out a handkerchief to twist the doorknob using it.

She was stunned about what had happened, so she decided to avert her gaze, but her eyes caught Tao’s who was watching intently. "Aigoo…"  looked down and quickly withdrew her hand away from Luhan. "Omo he saw that I swear…"

Tao did see and he felt a little jealous. "…Stop making me jealous."

"Okay, we're in!" Luhan pushed the door wide open for everyone and they followed inside.

Inside was pitched black and the only light was from outside, but it wasn't enough to illuminate the place. As soon as they went in, they huddled together because of the overshadowing darkness. They couldn't see a thing or two.

"Aigoo! How can we see in this darkness?" Chen tried to look around.

"I don't know. Maybe it will light up soon?" Lay guessed.

"Where's the light switch?" Kai asked randomly.

Xiumin nudged Chanyeol. "Yah~ Get yourself useful and light up this place!"

"Funny joke, hyung." Chanyeol rather said it sarcastically.

"Guys~ Just stay close to each other and be quiet!"  sharply yelled.


Slam.

Everybody jumped up in surprise when the door suddenly slammed shut. The place was completely pitched black now. They made such a ruckus for a brief moment when the lights .

"Hey! Lights are on!" Tao exclaimed.

The place was covered in black paint this time. On the ceiling, the lights were far away from each other and the place gave off the feeling of isolation. Not to mention, the place was quite enormous. To measure the place, imagine the biggest screen in a movie house then place it on the floor with the dimensions of three by three. It was enough to operate a number of bulldozers or even cranes.

"And the door is shut tight." Kris tried opening the door but it wouldn’t budge.

Suho came over to check along with . Then she pointed each side. "It's an automatic door again! We encountered this back in the lobby."

"Really?" Suho examined the areas closely and he saw thin wires attached to it. "You're right."

While they were busy inspecting things, D.O and Luhan noticed Sehun wasn't around them. "Where's Sehun?!" Luhan fidgeted, looking around hysterically.

D.O's eyes widened in fright. He also glanced around to look for him and then he spotted Sehun already ahead. "Sehun! Get back here!" He hollered across the room.

He didn't mind what D.O had hollered him to do because he was preoccupied staring at something. "Guys? I have a weird feeling about this…" Sehun hollered to them without even turning his head to look.

Luhan and D.O exchanged confused looks. After that, they called the attentions of the rest. "Guys! Sehun found something!"

The rest of them sprinted towards Sehun while , Kris and Suho stayed behind for a little while longer. She squinted her eyes to observe the objects far from them. And somehow, she managed to picture four silhouettes up ahead.

"What are those?" She pointed, ambling towards the rest of the group.

Kris and Suho tailed behind, squinting their eyes to have a better image on what they were trying to picture up ahead, and then Suho whispered to Kris, "I see four…"

"Silhouettes?" Kris tried to guess.

"Yes, but did you notice it's crystal clear? Well, you do get what I mean, right?" Suho stopped walking along with him as soon as they were with the group.

They stood in front of four devices that were ten steps away from the unknown figures and those four figures were four steps away from each other.

Kris then nodded. "Yeah, I get it. They're… cylindrical? Enough to fit in one person."

"Hey? What does this button do?" Chen, who was standing near the third device, curiously pushed a button on the upper right corner of the screen.

"Yah, wait, no! Don't touch anything!"  was about to stop Chen but it was too late.

Their hearts leapt out of their chest when a light shone down on a figure. It only started the game that they were about to play. The unknown figures were huge cylindrical tubes with a few steps going up to it and two handle bars were on each side.

"Maybe not…" She stared at the object along with the others.

Chen got blinded when the screen brightened near his face, causing him to read what was on the screen after. "Link to play?"

"Huh?"  went beside Chen to see. "Link to play…" She looked to her left then right. "Guys? This is our game." Everybody exchanged anxious looks with their fear heightening again for their lives. "I think we need to start the device then tap Link to Play." 

"Can we not play?" Chanyeol bit his lip nervously.

"We have to play even if we don't want to." D.O frowned.

"What if somebody dies?" Chanyeol went frantic.

The room fell silent. Nobody could answer his question since the result would be at the end of the game. If somebody dies, or not, they have to proceed with the game. The killer was in fact watching. Without wasting anymore time, the person near the device reached for the button to press it.

Expectedly, all four unknown figures were now visible from their sight. Back to their device, each screen read 'Link to Play'. As soon as they tapped the screen, a hologram appeared on all cylindrical tubes. The four symbols represented four members and they began trembling in fear.

They had a hunch that one of them will die inside that tube.  feared that it may be the case. When the screen changed color to black, red writings began to appear. She quickly read it out loud while the others read along in their respective devices.


When you see four symbols…
That means those four people must go inside the container.
If you're done following the said instructions to proceed with the next, those four people must press a button inside the container, then they should hold the side bars.
Removing your hands will disqualify you from the game.
We have sensitive sensors installed.


NEXT


"So that means; D.O, Luhan, Xiumin, and Kai."  glanced at their pale faces. "Oppa…" She seemed upset seeing Luhan quivering already.

"We… should—uhm..." Kai waited for the others to come inside together.

Xiumin nodded nervously. "Let's go?" He gestured his head towards their tubes.

"I am having a nervous break down already…" Luhan bit his lips and he was about to shed tears.

"No backing out now." D.O shrugged his shoulders and gestured a nod to climb up the steps already.

As they did, they pivoted to face them, pressing the button to their right side as soon as they spotted it. The glass door slid close with D.O, Luhan, Xiumin and Kai trembling badly inside right from the moment they held onto the bars. The screen turned black then red writings were seen again on each device.


After getting inside the container, 
The following would be grouped together : 

1st : Kris and 
2nd : Lay and Suho
3rd : Chanyeol and Chen
4th : Sehun and Tao

When done, we will proceed to the game with only Four Minutes as the time limit.

START


"Looks like we'll be brainstorming again."  muttered. "We should go to our positions now." Hurriedly, each team assembled right away to their respective places.

----Kris, and D.O----

D.O glanced around his place frantically. He even looked up and noticed odd squared screens above him. "…Why do I get the feeling something will rain down on us?"

When  tapped the start button, a question appeared in red just above the screen. "Why do I get the feeling we're back in school?"

"Can I read it?" Kris went beside her to read what was written on the screen.


An exclamation of surprise, wonder, elation, etc.
Used derisively to question the comprehension, intelligence, or common sense of the person being addressed.


"Okay… this is a little bit hard?" Kris quickly thought of some answers.

Right below the question contained five letter boxes. It was the only hint they could serve as a guide to answer the game.

----Lay, Suho and Luhan----

"The nominative singular pronoun used by a speaker in referring to himself or herself." Suho read the question.

"I can see two letter boxes only." Lay took a guess, "Is it me?"

"What if it's I'm?" Suho thought twice about it.

"But it's short for I am."

"It's worth the try…" Suho decided to input his answer first.

On the other hand, Luhan noticed the handle bars were getting cold. He tried lifting one finger but he was taken aback when his finger got stuck. He tried lifting it again, managing to remove it but he placed it back again. "Dried Ice? Or…" Eyes widening in realization, Luhan yelled inside to grab their attention.

"YAH!!!" Luhan tried screaming again.

But unfortunately, the killer forgot to mention that the cylindrical tubes were sound proof. When he tried again, Luhan saw his breath in the air and some smoke came across his face. He was puzzled for a brief second, but he soon realized the situation. Looking up, Luhan saw a gas like substance coming out from the screen.

"Oh crap."

----Chanyeol, Chen and Xiumin----

Meanwhile…


Used, especially before a noun, with a specifying or particularizing effect as opposed to the indefinite or generalizing force of the indefinite article a or an.

"What the heck is the meaning of this?!" Chanyeol got pissed, pounding the device irritably.

Chen calmed him down. "Yah! Don't destroy the device!"

"Is this some kind of a joke? Or is this killer trying to purposely make us lose?" Chanyeol's voice was a bit loud and deep that everyone could hear him. "Who can answer this!"

"We only have two minutes to think about this answer! Focus!" Chen hit his head a little.

From Xiumin's point of view, his body started chilling all of a sudden. "Is it me or it's getting cold?" 

Eyeing the glass in front of him to look at his own reflection, Xiumin noticed the reflection of a gas floating down behind him. He was confused about it since the tube he was in was sealed shut, and so, he decided to look up. His eyes then bulged out when the gas was thickening and more of it was coming out of the screen.

"Oh crap." Xiumin decided to move his fingers and hands but it inflicted him some pain. He was starting to get numb. "Oh crap. Oh crap." He decided to yell like Luhan but it was no use.

----Sehun, Tao and Kai----


A person or thing that kills.

"Only six letters." Tao counted the box.

"So, that means our answer is final?" Sehun asked Tao.

Tao nodded. "Nae. The answer is Killer." He typed in the right answer.

As for Kai, who was starting to chill inside, noticed his glass door sliding open again. "They got it right?"

Kai assumed it was all right to let go of the handle bars. He slowly did and carefully stepped out of his tube, still shaking from the coldness he felt inside. When he decided to look at Xiumin, he noticed him trying to grab the attentions of Chanyeol and Chen who was panicking already on what to answer. Worst, he noticed Xiumin’s tube fogging.

"Ice? Omo! Xiumin hyung!" Kai yelled at the top of his lungs, which caught the attentions of Tao, Sehun, and along with the rest. He then ran off to Xiumin's container.

"HYUNG/GEGE!!!" Tao and Sehun ran off as well towards Xiumin's container.

Together with that incident, Kris and  managed to free D.O within two minutes while Lay and Suho only did it around one minute. Unfortunately, for Chanyeol and Chen, they ran out of time. Hence, why Kai ran off along with Tao and Sehun.

"What?"  and Kris saw Kai running. To their surprise, they saw Xiumin in trouble.

"XIUMIN!" They instantly ran off together with them.

D.O also checked out what was the commotion about. "OMO!" He was also surprised and he immediately dashed to Xiumin's container, even though he was weakened from the coldness. 

Xiumin was in great danger. The gas was freezing the tube rapidly. Worst, when Xiumin tried moving his feet and hands, it was stuck. He tried pulling his left hand away from the steel bar, but unexpectedly, his skin tore apart gruesomely. Xiumin hysterically screamed, even though he didn’t feel any pain, but he screamed even more when he realized his pinky finger was stuck on the bar.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!! OOOH MY GOOOOD!!! MY HAAAAAAND!!! MY FINGEEEER!!!"

When  got close, she also screamed when she saw Xiumin's red muscles from his hand. "AAAAAH!!! OH MY GOD, OPPA!!!"

"OH HOLY !!!" Turning away, Chanyeol's and Kai's heart fell when they saw his red muscles.

Everyone went hysteric on how to free Xiumin. Every second counted as fatal. He was being frozen to death rapidly. Kris tried climbing up the steps to open the sliding glass door but he instantly pulled away. 

"Ah!" It was too cold and his fingers were immediately stuck when he touched the glass of ice. "I can't open the door!" He shouted.

"BREAK THE GLAAAAAAASS!!!" Suho and Luhan shouted together.

Kris tried kicking the glass tube but it wouldn’t break. Suho and Lay tried helping but it wouldn’t break too.

Lay tried talking to Xiumin and he saw his eyes were dropping. "Hyung, hyung! Stay awake! STAY. AWAAAKE!!!" He tried but Xiumin couldn’t hear anything.

"We… are one…"

Xiumin couldn't hear what they were all saying. His vision was failing him every second. All he could hear was his heart beating slower and slower, until he unconsciously fell to the right, causing his right arm to break off of his body. With that, he dropped dead on the cold floor.

Everyone screamed for the last time.

"XIUMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!!!!!!!"