Riddle Me This

The Golden Hotel 3 (골든 호텔 3)

----Sehun----

Wandering around aimlessly, Sehun stopped in one corner to sit down. He leaned his back against the wall then read his riddle softly.


You need me above all else.
You ask for me before you can move about.
I can make you see.
Without me you are blind.
What am I?


"Above all else… I ask for it." Sehun couldn't think of anything as he tried. "Before I can move about?"

He looked up to think. As much as he wanted to think of anything, nothing was going inside his head.

"Something I need before I can move around…" he stared at the red carpeted floor and thought hard for an answer.

"Maybe I should walk around and find the door first while trying to figure out this riddle."

Standing up, Sehun roamed around again after resting for five minutes.


Light.

----Kai----

What can't be burned on a fire
Nor drowned in water?


"What can’t be burned on a fire nor drowned in water?" Kai kept on walking straight down the corridor. "What, what, what…" he thought out loud to himself.

Walking past a strange door, Kai decided to walk back a few steps before facing the door, then he stared at it hard.

"Well, will you look at this…" Kai browsed the door starting from the bottom until top. In the middle was a design very similar to his element power, Teleportation. "That's my symbol…"


Ice.

----D.O----

"Hey! My earth symbol." D.O touched the door, amazed by the carvings.

Next to him, to his right side, what seemed like was a device. He got curious and he went over to look at the squared device. "Answering device?" it was attached on the supposed doorknob.

"Maybe this is where we input our answers?" he read his riddle again.


Feed me and I live.
Give me drink and I die.
What am I?


Looking back at the answering device, there were keypads and some boxes to know how long your answer should be. 

Fire.

----Baekhyun----

"Okay? So I see seven boxes…" Baekhyun scratched his head then tried thinking more. 


It takes time for me to take effect.
Everybody has this ability. 

I can make you feel better from pain.


He stared at the answering machine. "Magical? ...Feel better from pain? Heal? Healing?"

Healing.

----Chanyeol----

Meanwhile, Chanyeol had some trouble figuring out his riddle. "What the actual is the riddle answer?~" he whined more.

He faced a wall then banged his head many times but softly. "What. Is. The. Answer!" he stopped, resting his forehead against the wall before glancing at his paper again with a hard pout.


I am, in truth, a yellow fork
From tables in the sky
By inadvertent fingers dropped
The awful cutlery.
Of mansions never quite disclosed
And never quite concealed
The apparatus of the dark
To ignorance revealed


Chanyeol heaved a deep sigh before deciding to walk and roam around to find his door. "I'm getting hungry… It's hard to think with an empty stomach~" he whined again while rubbing his stomach.

Lightning.

----Suho----

Roaming around the 24th floor, Suho found himself in an unusual corridor. A blue light could be seen from afar in contrast with the slightly dimmed corridor. "What is that?"

Hesitating as first, but curiosity led him towards that area. Step by step, he was beginning to get more anxious. "I wonder what that is?"

After a while, he arrived on that spot and saw a gigantic cylindrical tank to the left side of the corridor. "This is not an ordinary fish tank…" Suho's eyes widened in fear when he saw a lot of sharks swimming around. "Who on earth would make sharks as their pet fish?!"

Then he thought, "Where could we see this tank?" Suho wondered how many floor levels they could see the tank since he saw it around the 24th floor. Without delaying his search anymore for his door, he went back to his tracks to think of his riddle. "Can be useful for people who made me…"


I cannot be touched nor felt.
But I can be useful for people who made me.

Flight.


----Tao----

Three lives I have,
Gentle enough to soothe skin,
Light enough to caress the sky,
Hard enough to crack rocks.


Tao thought of the riddle hard but he was getting distracted from time to time. "…Why do I think of that girl?" 

He also thought of her Wushu can be that 'hard enough to crack rocks'. Shaking the thought off, Tao passed by his door and suddenly noticed there was something strange. Tao went back to take a look and was surprised to see his element symbol was carved on the door. 

"Is this my door?" Tao looked at it with caution and noticed the answering device. He looked at it curiously and knew how it might go. "Five boxes… Could it be the answer is water?"


Water.

----Chen----

All about, but cannot be seen,
Can be captured, cannot be held,
No throat, but can be heard.

Wind.


"Four boxes? So I guess WIND is the right answer." Chen pressed the necessary keys to answer his riddle. After a few seconds, the door swiftly clicked open which startled him. "Bwo~"

He held his pounding chest in fright. There was this side of him—telling him not to enter, but the other side of him—telling him to enter at his own risk. Chen's thoughts were fighting each other, clashing, but he decided to press onwards.

"A game is a game. I must finish this with the others…"

----Xiumin----


I build up castles.
I tear down mountains.
I make some men blind,
I help others to see.
What am I?

Sand.


"This is obviously SAND." Xiumin talked to himself while trying to find his door. He even ran to some places he hadn’t been to. "Where could my door be-"

Passing by a well-designed door, Xiumin halted on his track to go back. He slowly sauntered and noticed his element symbol was carved on the door. "Whooooa~ Neat~"

He tried pushing the door open but it wouldn’t budge. "Huh?" scratching his head in confusion, Xiumin only then noticed an answering device at the side. "Oh… this must be where we can answer and see if we're right."

----Luhan----


I am useful to all living things.
But in reality, I cannot be done.
In a blink of an eye, I can bring you there.
Only people who study me can learn me.
I may be tricky and dangerous in real life.

Teleportation.


"Is this Teleport?" Luhan glanced at his paper then to the answering device. "Or teleportation?" he counted the box and it was 13.

He folded and pocketed his paper before inputting the right answer. "TELEPORTATION."

After those beeping sounds, the door was heard clicking open. Luhan got startled a little bit but he immediately pushed the door open—leisurely. As the door creaked open wider, he could see the room getting whiter. 

----Lay----


What is something to everybody
And nothing to everyone else?

Mind.


As for Lay, he got the answer right and he proceeded inside his door. When he saw the room, the walls were all in white. "The place is too bright!" closing the door shut behind him, Lay squinted his eyes as he went further in.

After a while, he adjusted his eyesight from the brightness of the room. Nothing could be seen except for something lying on the ground—at the center of the floor. "What could that be?" Lay ambled towards the center and found out that it was the brainteaser game.

----Kris----

Looking at his wristwatch, it was already past lunchtime. "No wonder I am so hungry…" 


Until I am measured,
I am not known,
Yet how you miss me,
When I have flown.

Time.


Realizing something, Kris knew right away what was his answer. "Time?" he glanced at his paper and it somehow proved it was the answer. Kris went to input the answer and luckily, the door clicked open.

"I guess I am right about this."

Peeking through the door, Kris noticed the room was bright white. Everything seemed safe so he decided to enter the room and close the door. Taking a sharp sigh, Kris looked around carefully while walking around. He even looked up the ceiling. To his surprise, the whole ceiling was covered with glass and it had a lot of big shining light bulbs.

Kris felt awkward. "I have a bad feeling about this..." he felt the need to glance around more then he decided to inspect the floor he was standing on. Bending down, he felt the floor with his palm. To his astonishment, it was cold. "Oh shoot…"

--------

"Oh dear God no…"  was also feeling the floor right now.

It was cold.

Really cold.

Next, she got up to feel the walls. "Omo! This is bad…" 

Biting her lips nervously,  needed to scratch the wall paint off somehow. There was nothing inside. The only option that she could do was use her fingernails to scratch them off, at least. Using her point finger,  scratched the wall a bit harder. She made sure it wouldn’t damage her fingernail. After a while, the wall paint was peeled off and it revealed something that looked like steel.

now understood what the 'Game Guru' meant. If they haven't answered the brainteasers within the time limit, the room would get hotter and hotter. Sparks could happen since the steel walls were painted with white peel off paint.

She then tried tapping the steel wall. "Oh no… this room is an oven."  got paranoid but she tried to stay calm."Four minutes… if you exceed the time limit… you'll be punished… and that's…"





… … …Death.