HOW TO ACT LOVERS 101

My Senior's Hired Girlfriend

“Will you be my girlfriend?”

 

“M-m-mwo?! Girlfriend?!!” Suzy shouted in shock.

 

“Ssshh…Quiet.” Yoseob stopped her.

 

“G-g-g-girlfriend???” Suzy repeated, but this time, it’s almost a whisper.

 

“Yeah…but it’s not like that, it would be just for an act.” Yoseob explained.

 

Suzy bowed her head from realization, ‘What’s happening?’ she thought.

 

“But what about Miss Eunji? She’s your girlfriend, right?” Suzy suddenly asked worriedly, trying to keep the disappointment out of her voice.

 

“Yes…I mean, no. she broke up with me while I’m in Jeju.” Yoseob suddenly changed his expression, obviously hurt, he’s fighting the tears that are threatening to flow from his eyes.

 

“Eh? Why?” Suzy was filled with curiosity but suddenly felt uneasy.

 

“Let’s just skip the explaining, alright? We’ll get to that. Just meet me tomorrow after work at Garden Maru, ‘kay?” Yoseob doesn’t know if he’s ready to talk about it to others and not taking the risk of breaking out into tears, he skipped the idea of telling Suzy everything. He needs courage, a lot of it actually, to tell her the details.

 

The next day…

 

Yoseob is sitiing on the last table near the counter of Garden Maru, he’s waiting for Suzy who’s actually fifteen minutes late for their said ‘appointment’. He was currently thinking of his so-called plans when Suzy arrived.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry for being late Sir. It’s just that Son Dongwoonssi asked for my assistance for his report. He’s newer than me so I can’t resist him. I’m really sorry for making you wait.” She bowed, taking deep breaths in between her words.

 

“No, it’s okay. I really don’t mind. Have a seat.” Yoseob signaled her to sit across him. “Oh by the way, you can take off the formality when we’re not at work, it makes me feel uncomfortable.” Yoseob laughed lightly then continued, “You may call me Yoseob or Seobi, just like what you called me the last time in my office.” He then gave her his boyish smile.

 

Suzy’s cheeks went hot, she can feel herself blushing. She doesn’t know if it’s because of his smile or it’s the idea that Yoseob (ehemm! Slash Seobi) is actually paying attention to every word she says. Shaking her daze off, Suzy said, “Oh, if you’d be comfortable with that Seobi sunbaenim.”

 

“Eh? Sunbaenim? What’s with the honorific?”

 

“Oh, I just well, ahmm…You’re really my senior afterall, aren’t you?”

 

“Oh right, but I guess ‘Seobi’ would be just fine. You’re the first one to call me that other than my mother.” He chuckled.

 

“Oh, I see.” Suzy tried not to blush.

 

“Well, can we order now?” He asked as he called the waiter. “What’s your specialty today?” As Yoseob listens to the waiter who recited their main dish which sounded more like ‘adjectives’ than food, Suzy can’t help but stare at him.

 

“Alright, we’ll have those. Thanks.” Yoseob said, making Suzy snap.

 

“Ah, Suzy…Let’s discuss the plan.”

 

Understanding what Yoseob is talking about, Suzy nodded, “Oh, go ahead. I’ll be listening.”

 

“I was thinking that it would be awkward if we’ll act as lovey-dovey this soon.” He started.

 

“I thought of that too. You said that you broke up with her, or the other way around, while you were in Jeju…so it means it was only a week since then.” Suzy commented.

 

Yoseob shook off his memories and swallowed the lump in his throught, “So I thought we should act normal first, like the ‘sunbae & hoobae’ thing but we should come up with a better idea like we’ve known each other before, like we’re childhood sweethearts. We could say that our feelings relived since the day we met again, we cope with each other, dated and presto, we’re official.”

 

Their food arrived and seeing that Suzy is ready to listen again, Yoseob continued, “After a week, we would start dating, we need to know each other more so I think it’s necessary. I would send you flowers on the first week, ask your for lunch. I’ll have my full attention on you. I want everyone to know that we’re officially dating. After a week or two, we should act sweeter. A hug would do, perhaps. Everything will go according to my plan, all you need to do is to act accordingly, cooperate.”

 

Yoseob went on with his so-called plans when Suzy asked, “Why did you two break up?”

 

“I don’t think that part would be necessary.” Yoseob forced some nonchalance into his words.

 

“But why do you exactly want us to put on this act?” Suzy can’t contain her confusion anymore.

 

“Because I want her back!” He raised his voice.

 

“How come? You can just talk to her, say you want her back, that you’re sorry if there’s anything wrong you’ve done.”

 

“That’s not as easy as you think. She doesn’t want to talk to me, she’s avoiding me! I don’t know what to do. Suzy, I’m desperate.” Yoseob face-palmed himself and swallowed a sob, he doesn’t want to fall apart in such an open place.

 

Feeling a guilt and hurt, Suzy sat beside him and tapped his shoulder, “I’m sorry Seobi. Everything’s going to be fine, I promise. You and Eunji will be together again, you have my word.”

 

Suzy can’t take the hurt she’s feeling. She knows that her words will at least comfort Yoseob but it’s also breaking her heart. Making this promise to him only means one thing…they’re not destined for each other.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

===FLASHBACK===

 

‘Come on Suzy, you should confess to him! You can do it!’ Suzy cheered for herself. She was standing outside the university hall, waiting for the graduation ceremony to end. As the graduates walk their way out of the hall, Suzy kept on looking on their faces. When she found who she is looking for, she ran after him.

 

Suzy grabbed his hand from behind, “Sunbaenim!”

 

Yoseob turned and looked confused, “Eh?”

 

Suzy’s heart skipped a beat, then suddenly, she hesitated on her idea of confessing her feelings. She took a step back while looking into his eyes,”Oh, I’m sorry. I thought you were someone I know.”

 

Regretful of what she did, Suzy ran through the university garden. There she cried a lot, knowing that she had missed the last chance she had, tears streamed from her eyes. ‘I’ll never see him again. I’m too stupid!’ Suzy lifelessly said as her body shook with sobs.

 

===END OF FLASHBACK===