THE PROPOSAL

My Senior's Hired Girlfriend

 

“What?! Yoseob and Suzy were just pretending as couples?!” Jinwoon exclaimed.

 

“Ne, oppa. See? That Suzy was a great actress! She’s not as nice as you think.” Eunji’s trying to convince him.

 

“I should do something.” Jinwoon left Eunji in the cafeteria.

 

“Oppa! Where are you going? Wait!” She called him with an annoyed tone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The next day…

 

“Suzy-ah…Suzy? Hello? Are you okay?” Fei waved her hand in front of Suzy.

 

“Eh? Oh eonni. Why?” Suzy snapped.

 

“Suzy-ah, Mr. Jung Sigyeong wants to see you.”

 

“Eh? Mr. Jung Sigyeong?”

 

“Ne, SiWoon’s president asks you to meet him in his office.”

 

“T-t-the president? B-b-but why? Did I do something wrong?” Suzy can’t hide her nervous tone.

 

“I don’t know too Suzy-ah. Mianhae.”

 

“Oh, it’s okay. I think I s-should go n-n-now.”

 

Suzy left her desk and started to walk through the elevator in a slow pace. She’s shaking due to nervousness. Is she in trouble again? Her eyes were still swollen due to an all-night crying. She wasn’t able to talk to Yoseob yet and now, here comes another problem. Why is she so unfortunate?

 

Suzy knocked on the president’s office and opened the door.

 

“Annyeong hashimnikka Sajangnim. Ms. Fei said that you want to see me?” Suzy bowed, feeling uneasy.

 

“Have a seat Suzy.” Mr. Jung Sigyeong signaled her to sit down.

 

“Thank you Mr. President.” Suzy was becoming more anxious.

 

“You don’t have to call me Mr. President Suzy-ah. Just call me grandpa.”

 

“Eh???” Suzy stared at the old man in shock.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry if I have surprised you.” He apologized. “Ah…Jinwoon-ah, why don’t you sit beside Suzy?” Jinwoon then got out from the other side of the office.

 

Suzy became more shocked and confused. “Eh? Jinwoon-ah, what are you doing here???”

 

“Grandson, why don’t you explain to Suzy everything?” Mr. Sigyeong said to Jinwoon.

 

“Grandson?! Mr. President is your grandfather?!!” Suzy’s eyes grew wide.

 

Jinwoon just nodded and seeing that he wasn’t prepared to tell Suzy everything, Mr. Sigyeong initiated the explanation to her.

 

“Remember how your parents died when you were graduating in senior high?”

 

“Ne. They died because of a car accident. Why? Do you know anything about it, Sir?” Suzy asked politely.

 

“Yes.” Mr. Sigyeong cleared his throat then continued, “I know they have told you that they were going on a business trip that day but actually, they went out of town to meet me.”

 

“You? But why?” Suzy interrupted.

 

“Since the day I found Jinwoon, he kept on telling me on how kind-hearted your family was. During those days that my grandson was alone, you’re the one who took good care of him, you treated him as a part of your family. From that day I heard his story, I already contacted your parents to know more about them. It’s true that we’re having business meetings sometimes but most of the time, we would talk about your future, you and Jinwoon. My grandson just knew about this lately, he doesn’t know that your parents and I became really close.”

 

“Jinwoon-ah, why didn’t you tell me about this?” Suzy turned her attention to Jinwoon who’s still tongue-tied.

 

“I’m sorry noona. I don’t know how to explain these to you. Your parents died because of us. Mianhae.” Jinwoon finally spoke in an unsteady voice.

 

“Don’t be sorry Jinwoon-ah, that wasn’t your fault. I’ve already accepted their mishap. That was just an accident.” Suzy comforted Jinwoon.

 

The president continued his account, “That day, when your parents had the accident on their way home, we just talked about your engagement.”

 

“Engagement?! W-what do you mean, Sir???”

 

“We’ve decided to get you two married as soon as you graduate from college. We’ve already talked about everything– the date, venue, guests and every little detail. But unfortunately, something happened. Since that instance, I thought that it would be impossible for our plans to happen, but from the time you got hired here in SiWoon, I thought that you and Jinwoon were meant to be together. But one day, Jinwoon told me that he’s not going to marry you. I heard that you already have a boyfriend.”

 

“Ahmm…that’s right, Sir.” Suzy said while bowing her head.

 

“But, I also heard that you two were just putting an act. Was that also true?”

 

“Ah…ahmmm. Y-y-yes.” Suzy’s fighting the tears that are threatening to flow from her eyes.

 

Seeing Suzy’s condition, Jinwoon held Suzy’s hand and kneeled in front of her. “Suzy-ah, let’s get married. Ne?”