YEAR-END PARTY

My Senior's Hired Girlfriend

Five hours before the party, Suzy’s house was invaded by four ladies– skin expert, hair stylist, make-up artist and fashion consultant. She was surprised by the sudden appearance of the ladies in her front door. Yoseob didn’t inform her that he’ll hire these people to help Suzy prepare.

 

After the long and sophisticated preparation…

 

“Omo! She’s a total transformation!” the make-up artist exclaimed

 

“Right! Mr.Yang will surely be surprised.” The fashion consultant added.

 

“It’s almost time, I think we should all go now.”

 

The four ladies left Suzy staring at herself in the mirror. This is the first time she dressed up like this and she can’t believe that the one she’s seeing is actually her reflection. Suzy’s still in front of the mirror when her doorbell rang. Knowing that it was Yoseob, Suzy grabbed her bag and went towards the door to open it.

 

As Suzy walked towards Yoseob, their eyes locked. He was too stunned by Suzy’s transformation.

 

“You’re beautiful.” Yoseob muttered, enough for Suzy to hear.

 

“T-thanks.” Suzy bowed her head, blushing.

 

“Oh, right. L-l-let’s go.” He stuttered as he opened the door of his car.

 

During the ride, they were both silent. It was 7:15 p.m. when they arrived the venue. Before getting out of the car, Yoseob hold Suzy’s hand and said, “Let’s do this.” Suzy just nodded and smiled.

 

As they enter the venue, everyone’s looking at them. The whole place was filled with murmurs and compliments. Their officemates too were surprised on how Suzy looked really beautiful. As they made their way through the crowd, Suzy whispered to Yoseob, “Thank you for helping me dress up.”

 

“That was nothing. It’s just that you’re really beautiful the way you are, even without dressing up.” Yoseob smiled.

 

It was already 9 o’clock and everyone’s having fun. Suzy just came out from the washroom when she saw Yoseob walked up the stage, holding a microphone. He signaled the DJ and a song began to play. Yoseob then started to sing “Because of You” while staring at Suzy.

 

neo ttaemuningeol (Girl) neon moreuneungeol (Girl)
nan maeil neol bwado bwado bogo sipeo wae irae
sarangiran geol (Girl) nan mollatdeongeol (Girl)
ijeya aljanha na gobaekhalge My girl
neo jigeumcheoreomman isseojwo Oh my shiny girl


Baby baby want you want you girl
saranginga bwa
Oh oh oh oh yeah oh oh oh oh yeah
Baby baby want you want you girl
saranghana bwa

 

Translation:

 It’s because of you girl
 You don’t know this girl

 The more and more I look at you every day I miss you even more, why am I like this?
 What you call love (Girl)
 I didn’t know about (Girl)
 Now that I know I will confess My girl
 All you have to do is stay with me like you are doing now, Oh my shiny girl
 Baby baby want you want you girl
 Must be love
Oh oh oh oh yeah oh oh oh oh yeah
 Baby baby want you want you girl
 I must love you

 

 

Before the song ends, Yoseob went down the stage and walked towards Suzy. He just stared at her absent-mindedly as he dropped the microphone and suddenly kissed Suzy.

 

Suzy was too shocked, her eyes grew wide. ‘Is this his plan? How should I act accordingly?’ she thought as she panicked.

 

Yoseob then hugged Suzy and deepened the kiss. Instinctively, Suzy closed her eyes and put her hand around his neck. As Yoseob parted their lips, he just stared at Suzy who was still in shock.

 

Everyone clapped their hands while exclaiming, “Woah! That was sweet!”

 

Jinwoon on the other hand, who saw everything, was on his way out of the venue when he saw Eunji shaking in anger. He heard her say, “You’re unbelievable Yang Yoseob!”

 

‘You can’t stay that happy! I don’t want you to be happy! You two should break up! I’ll do something, just wait and see.’ Eunji thought and went to the washroom.

 

Thinking that Eunji’s just jealous, Jinwoon just shrugged and left the place.

 

When everyone’s attention was already shifted to other stuffs, Suzy went on the venue’s parking lot and started to cry. She didn’t know that Yoseob followed her.

 

“I’m sorry Suzy-ah.” Yoseob said as Suzy looked at him, a little bit surprised by his appearance. “I didn’t mean to–” He stopped when Suzy started to speak.

 

“No, don’t be sorry. It’s just t-t-that…” Suzy stuttered. “That was my first kiss. He-he.” She forced a laugh in between her sobs. “I had my first kiss just for an act.”

 

“That wasn’t an act.” Yoseob slipped. Suzy’s eyes was locked on his, both surprised and confused.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“That wasn’t an act Suzy. That wasn’t intended, I just planned on singing a song for you b-b-but...I know it’s hard to believe but I just broke a promise.” Yoseob let out a deep breath.

 

“I can’t understand…” Suzy got more confused.

 

“I really can’t understand myself too. I don’t know when and how it started. Few days ago, I am determined to win Eunji back but all I can think about was you, all I can see was your face. My mind easily changes these past few days, I thought I’m just seeing you as Eunji while we’re together but I really can’t deny what I’m feeling right now. What happened a while ago wasn’t an act Suzy, that was all real. It may look too impulsive and sounds irrational but I fell for you, I love you Suzy.”

 

“Y-y-you love me?” Suzy’s eyes were filled with tears again.

 

Yoseob nodded, “I’m sorry. I can’t keep my promise anymore. Suzy-ah, I’m firing you as my hired girlfriend.”

 

“W-w-what?” Suzy was too puzzled.

 

Yoseob smiled, bent on his right knee and held out a necklace. “Bae Suzy, will you be my girlfriend? But this time, it’s for real.”

 

Suzy covered in shock. “S-s-seobi-ah…” She then pulled Yoseob to stand and hugged him. “Yes! I love you too Yang Yoseob.” Suzy said in between her sobs.