THE FAVOR

My Senior's Hired Girlfriend

It’s already 2 o’clock in the morning but he hasn’t received any reply from Suzy. He is already desperate. ‘I thought she’d help me. She’s my last chance. I don’t know what to do.’ Yoseob is crying his heart out. No words can describe how miserable he is right now. During his normal days with Eunji, he’s too blissful and ecstatic. During office hours, he can be jovial but authoritative at the same time. His breath of superiority often put people off. But now, his face shows a lot of signs of his distress. He needs Eunji more than anything else…She’s his life. With a can of beer in his hand, Yoseob fell asleep at the corner of his room.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

With swollen eyes, Suzy woke up earlier than usual. “Aigoo…my head aches. I have slept for ten hours. Awww.” Suzy’s holding her head as she goes to the kitchen to prepare her breakfast. After eating, she took a bath and prepared to go to work. She made sure to put heavier make up, which is a lot different than usual, to cover her puffy eyes and gloomy face.

 

At SiWoon Bldg…

 

Suzy’s in deep thoughts while walking inside the building. She’s still thinking about Yoseob. No one can explain how hurt she is up until now. It’s as if something in her past is happening again, the one she’s feeling really stings.

 

‘It’s been five years and nothing has changed. I’m still silently loving this guy who doesn’t have even the slightest idea about my feelings for him. I don’t know how longer will I be able to suppress and endure this feeling, I’m hurt as much as I’m in love.’ Suzy thought.

 

Suzy’s currently doing her report when Jinwoon came, “Hey noona, you look different today.”

 

“Oh Jinwoon-ah, hi. Ah, I’m sorry about yesterday.” She swallowed a sob, forcing not to let a single tear fall unto her cheeks.

 

“No, it’s okay noona, even if you left me there with no one to talk to. I know I’m just a nobody for you.” Jinwoon pretended to cry.

 

“Mianhae Jinwoon-ah. I’m really sorry. I’ll make it up to you, ne?”

 

“Arasseo, arasseo. Ah by the way noona, I just want to tell you that I’ll not be able to join you later at lunch. Somebody needs me, you know, all-around employee.” Jinwoon informed her.

 

“Hmmm…arasseo. Just see you tomorrow.”

 

“Alright, noona.” Jinwoon’s about to leave when he stopped and turned to Suzy then slapped her table top, making everyone look at them.

 

“Oh! Jinwoon-ah!” Suzy was shocked and embarrassed at the same time.

 

“Noona! Promise me that you’d eat well later. Don’t skip your meal just because I’ll not be able to accompany you, arasseo?! If I’d happen to know that you didn’t eat well, tch, you’re dead!” Jinwoon said seriously, ignoring everyone’s eyes which are staring at him.

 

Suzy laughed at him while holding her tummy.

 

“Yah! What’s funny?!” Jinwoon asked.

 

“Seriously, are you my mom? Hmmm…or maybe I’ll just call you oppa?”

 

“Yah! I don’t want to be called oppa…’coz you’re my noona!”

 

“Eh? But you just acted like my old brother seconds ago. Besides, you’re actually older than me so it’s just normal if I’d call you oppa. Right, Jinwoon oppa?” Suzy smiled mischievously.

 

“Whatever! I’m leaving!” Jinwoon started to walk.

 

“Hmmm…Jinwoon oppa’s angry.” She teased.

 

“I’m not your oppa Suzy noona!” Jinwoon stucked his tongue out then leave.

 

When Jinwoon’s already out of sight, Suzy realized that her mood suddenly changed. ‘This guy never failed to make me laugh.’ She thought.

 

Lunch time…

 

Suzy decided to eat at the cafeteria. She ordered her food and sat on the vacant table. She feels awkward since it’s her first time to eat without Jinwoon. She’s almost done eating when someone sat across her.

 

“Why didn’t you reply to my message last night?”

 

“Eh? W-w-what m-m-message?” Suzy’s stuttering whenever he's around.

 

“I’ve sent you a message last night.”

 

Suzy’s looking for her phone inside her bag and realized that she’d left it in her apartment.

 

“You’ve actually told me that you’d help me…but it seems that you’re not willing to.”

 

“Ah Seobi-ah…I mean Yang Yoseobssi…Ahmm.I have left my phone and ahmmm. I was not able to read your message. I’m sorry…I’m really sorry.” Suzy bowed her head apologetically.

 

“Oh, I see…I’m also sorry for my temper and for what happened yesterday.” Yoseob bowed too.

 

‘So he actually remembered me but he’s too frustrated yesterday that’s why he almost shouted at me. I wonder what really happened. What is his problem?’ Suzy was lost in her thoughts then noticed that Yoseob, as usual, is waving his hands in front of her.

 

“Ah, I’m sory. Ahmm…may I ask what is it that you need?” Suzy asked.

 

“Ahmm…actually…Ahmm, I’ll be straight-forward.” Yoseob seems nervous.

 

“It’s okay. Just say it Sir, I’ll do anything.” Suzy said, raising her right hand like she’s saying a promise.

 

“Anything?” Yoseob asked, wanted to be sure.

 

“Yes, anything. I promise.” Suzy smiled.

 

“Will you be my girlfriend?”