UNKNOWN FAVOR

My Senior's Hired Girlfriend

“Let’s not fall in love with each other, ne?”

 

Suzy thought for a while, absorbing what Yoseob had asked her then answered, “Of course! I’m just your hired girlfriend so it’s already given that we’re not suppose to take seriously what we’re doing. Hehe.” She blinked the threatening tears from her eyes and forced a laugh.

 

“You’re right Suzy-ah. This will end as soon as Eunji’s back. Thanks for your help, it meant a lot to me.” Yoseob smiled.

 

Suzy smiled back half-heartedly. Right from the start, she already knew what these acts are for, she could already see its ending so she doesn’t have to expect anything from him, right? But it’s hard for Suzy to suppress her feelings. When they’re pretending to be happily in love, she can’t help but pray that it would be real, that all her wishes would come true even if she knows that it’s not allowed to happen. If she wasn’t permitted to love Yoseob, then at least she should be allowed to feel this hurt that she can sense in her heart right now, shouldn’t she?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

It’s been a month and a half since Yoseob and Suzy started their acts. As far as they knew, their plan is working, they can sense that Eunji became more aware about them and she always threw temper tantrums whenever they acted as lovey-dovey. Christmas had been spent by Yoseob and Suzy with a blast, they had their date and decided not to think about their plan just for that day and just act naturally. They went to movie houses, ate a lot of foods in the street, walked through Namsan Tower, watched the sunset by the sea shore, took pictures, drove bicycles, played at a game house, had snowball fight and lots of stuffs that real couples do. Now, the year was about to end and Yoseob is more determined to make Eunji jealous and let her realize that she wants him back in her life too. Suzy and Jinwoon, on the other hand, became closer and started to cope up with each other.

 

“Jinwoon oppa, have you decided on who to bring on the year-end party?” Eunji asked expectantly.

 

“Yes! I’ll bring myself, wae?” Jinwoon answered sarcastically.

 

“Oppa, would you be my date? As you can see, Yoseob oppa already had Suzy to replace me. Nobody wants to be with me.” Eunji said, trying her best to make a sad look.

 

“Jung Eunji, I’m sorry but I’m not planning to bring anyone there.” Jinwoon then walked away.

 

‘Aish! You’re too stubborn! I know you’ll be mine soon no matter how you play hard to get SiWoon’s heir Jung Jinwoon. Tch!’ Eunji thought.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Three days before the year-end party…

 

“Yeoboseyo? Seobi-ah?”

 

“Oh, hi Suzy-ah. Are you busy?”

 

“Hmmm? No, why?”

 

“I just want to ask if you already have your dress for the party.”

 

“Oh, I haven’t bought anything yet. I was planning to go shopping tomorrow. Why?”

 

“That’s great! I have bought you one this afternoon. I had it delivered for you. I guess, it would arrive any minute.”

 

Suzy was about to say something when she heard the doorbell rang. “Oh, hold on Seobi-ah.”

 

She opened the door and got a large box from an express delivery boy. After signing the slip, Suzy went back on her phone. “I think I already got it.”

 

“Really? Please check it out if it’s okay with you. I don’t know your size though so it was just estimated.”

 

Suzy opened the box and saw a pink mini-dress with a long back-lace, which extends up to the floor when worn, and a ruffled balloon end. “Omo! This is too beautiful. You should have not troubled yourself in buying this.”

 

“No, it’s okay. I really thought it would look amazing on you. Really, there was no inconvenience on my part.” Yoseob convinced her.

 

“Thank you so much Seobi-ah.”

 

“Don’t mention it. Ahmm…Suzy-ah.”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Can I ask you a favor?”

 

“Of course. What is it?”

 

“I have something on my mind and I am planning to do this on the party but I can’t tell you about this yet. Can you promise to act accordingly?”

 

“Oh, I see. Ah, of course. I have promised to do anything right from the start, right?” Suzy said, slightly nervous.

 

“Oh right. Thanks a lot Suzy-ah. I owe you big time. I’m looking forward on working with you on the year-end party. Bye.” Yoseob said happily.