WALKING ON PARALLEL LINES

My Senior's Hired Girlfriend

 

SUZY’S P.O.V.

I’m still wearing a dull expression since that event from Seobi’s office.‘What’s wrong with him? Did something happen? Aigoo. I’m too affected by his acts.’ I am still in deep thoughts when Jinwoon appeared in front of me.

 

“Noona, ppalli kaja.”

 

“Eh? Where are we going?”

 

“Aigoo…it’s already lunch time, aren’t you going to eat?”

 

I looked at my watch and saw that it’s already 12 o’clock. “Oh, right. Let’s go.”

 

“Noona, let’s eat in the cafeteria.”

 

“Eh? Jinwoon-ah, are you sick?” I placed my palm on his forehead.

 

“Aish! Noona! I’m not sick!”

 

“But what exactly is the reason that you want to eat in the cafeteria?

 

“Nothing…I just felt like eating there today.”

 

“There you go again with that ‘I JUST FELT’ expression of yours. Let’s go.” I dragged him to the cafeteria.

 

It would actually be my first time to eat in the cafeteria since Jinwoon’s always dragging me to Garden Maru asking me to try every food out. Tch! We then placed our orders and sat on a vacant table beside the one which is occupied by a girl. As usual, Jinwoon’s being his energetic+childish+playful self again. He’s been tossing some fries over me when I noticed that the girl from the other table’s staring at him.

 

“Eh…Jinwoon-ah.” I whispered to him.

 

Jinwoon leaned closer and asked, “Wae?” then winked at me.

 

“Stop acting childishly!” I slapped his arm lightly. “Do you know that girl?” I asked him while slightly pointing at the girl across our table.

 

“Oh, Jung Eunji.” He answered nonchalantly.

 

“Jung? Is she your relative Jung Jinwoon?”

 

“Tch! No! Silly! Just because we have the same surname doesn’t mean we’re already relatives. Aigoo…You can be weirder than me sometimes, you know?

 

“Whatever.” I rolled my eyes while drinking my strawberry fruit shake. ‘I was just curious. The way she looks at him is too different so I thought they’re some kind of you know, cousins or maybe brothers and sisters.’

 

“She’s Yang Yoseob’s girlfriend.” He added as he took a sip of his juice.

 

“M-m-mwo?!” I looked at him with disbelief, shocked of what he just said. ‘Did I hear it right?’

 

“Your senior’s girlfriend is none other than the girl sitting on the next table. Tch!”

 

“Seo-o-o-bi’s g-g-girlfriend???” I said, stuttering. Tears are forming in my eyes. ‘I can’t absorb what he’s been saying. Yoseob actually has a girlfriend?! I thought seeing him again is a sign. Our fate finally crossed again, but I guess we’re both walking on parallel lines, we can never really meet. I mean, yes, I saw him again but we can never be together.’ My mind is floating with sad thoughts when I noticed Jinwoon waving his hands.

 

“Hello??? Noona, are you okay?” He asked worriedly.

 

“Ah…yes…yes. I think we should go back.” I said, avoiding his eyes.

 

“Eh? I’m not yet done eating, noona!” He said as I walk out of the cafeteria.

 

“I’ll go first, just see you later.” I said, then continued walking, not looking back at him.

 

END OF SUZY’S P.O.V

 

“What’s wrong with her?” Jinwoon asked himself. Suddenly, Eunji sat in front of him.

 

“Hi Jinwoonssi.” Eunji greeted while holding her tray of food.

 

“Eh?” Jinwoon looked surprised.

 

“I saw that girl left you. Would you mind if I sit and eat with you?”

 

“Whatever.” Jinwoon answered nonchalantly and rolled his eyes.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suzy went home with a dull face. Knowing that Yoseob just ignored her few hours ago and that he’s officialy and actually dating someone, which means that he’s already committed, affected her too much. She went directly to her room and lay down without changing her clothes, she immediately fell asleep while in tears. It was about 11 o’clock in the evening when her phone beeped.

                                FROM: Unregistered Number XXXXXXXX

                                                “I need your help.”