Making the Team

Bump! Set! Score!

 

                Compared to other students class was easy for me, school work was never a challenge and although I may not be the first in my year, I never fell short. I was just excited for volleyball practice that I could barely contain my happiness. My class was the smartest of the sophomore grade and because of that we are placed with the juniors. Sehun and Luhan’s rooms were just next to mine but I sat by the window because I like the nature a lot. Whenever I am sad I would always go to mountains to cool down. That was when I saw Sehun sleeping by the trees. His brown hair flew up as the wind blew. He was a very good looking guy, I mean, if I were the least interested in a guy he would be the one I choose. Then a little puppy came by and nudged him in the stomach. He woke up and was in shock when the puppy climbed on top of him. I chuckled and continued to watch as the puppy him all over his face and the two rolling in the grass. Sehun was tickling the puppy as the puppy fell asleep next to him, then soon he fell asleep too. Wait, why am I staring at him so much! I am so not interested in a stupid guy like him! Ew, no way! I said while shaking my head. The bell rang and school was officially over. By the time school ended everyone gathered to see the roster of who made the team, of course I went to check it out too since I was the last one to tryouts. And my name was on the top of the list, making me the first choice they choose to make the team.

“Yes!” I said to myself and walked to the gym

“Okay, so is everyone here!” Victoria screamed

“Yes Captain!” We replied.

“Coach Kim will not be here today but we have Sehun and Luhan here to help out. They will help out the whole season when the girls are playing so treat them like your coaches also!”

“Yes Captain!” we replied again

“Alright, first of all I want everyone to do 20 laps around the gym, then 20 sit ups each, and stretch for 10 minutes!”

“Yes Captain!” and we all went to run our laps.

Running was not hard for me because I had to do it all the time. I am a deep sleeper which always makes me wake up late and to make up for time I run to school, which gave me great stamina. By the time everyone hit their 15th lap, they all got tired but I was still running with full energy shocking everyone around.

“~~~~, ju..st…how…do…y…ou…ru..n….so….mu…c..h?” they asked

“I run to school every day!” I said smiling while finishing my last lap

“Good job ~~~~” Victoria said

“Thank you Captain!” I said smiling

“Just call me Victoria-unni!” She said while patting me on the back “20 sit ups now” she said

“Sehun go help her hold her legs” Unni said

“Okay.” he said unwillingly as he got up from the bench and held my legs.

“Thank you Sehun-shi” I said while beginning to do my sit ups.

After another 15mintues I was done with everything and another 5 minutes later everyone was done.

“Alright, now time for hitting lines.” Victoria unni added

“~~~~, right now I want you to hit only on the outside”

“That’s fine with me” I said while tossing Luhan the ball, as soon as he set it I went in to hit the ball with Sehun trying to block me again. While in the air I smiled at him and went straight past his block and in front of the ten foot line again.

“Two in a row!” I

“I’ll get you for this!” He said laughing while continuing to block the other girls.

There were exactly 12 girls on the team and 6 were freshmen’s. They knew the basics and played well but not well enough to become starter yet. By the looks of practice, the starting six has already been determined and I was one of them.