Chapter 5

Wanted

The door was opened and Nana came inside.

“Here are the forms, you asked for.”, she said and handed the papers to Siwon who said at the desk signing another form.

“Oh, thank you.”, he took the sheets and placed them on the desk. Then he put his pen down and stretched his arms, “Office work isn’t as easy as everyone thinks.”

Nana chuckled: “Of course it is not. How about a break? I’ll make some tea.”
”That’s a great idea.” He stood up and went to the small sofa to sit down.

His head in his neck he looked up at the ceiling.

“Is there anything new about your housemate?”

Nana sighed and made some tea: “Nothing. He lives with me for more than a month now. But well, he can be happy that the gundal hadn’t found him, yet.”

“Maybe they stopped to search for him.”

“That would be great, but I don’t think so. Don’t you know the legends about the gundal? ‘If you fell in disgrace with them they’ll hunt you until the end of the world and the end of your life’ or something like that.”

“But now you get along better, don’t you?”

She nodded and placed two cups on the table: “Yeah, it’s better than in the beginning. I’m used to his presence now.” Siwon smiled when he saw the look on her face. To him she was like an open book, easy to read.

“You should introduce him to me one time.”, he suggested and grabbed the cup.

“Why?”, she asked.

“Why not? I’m your best friend, aren’t I? I think I’ve got the right to get to know the person who is living with you right now.”

“Well, maybe I can-“ Suddenly someone knocked at the door. Another secretary came inside, bowed and then said: “Excuse me, but there is someone for you, Nana-shi.”

Nana raised an eyebrow. Who could that be? Oh, she hoped it wouldn’t be Junsu.

“Tell him or her, to come inside.”, Siwon said.

The woman nodded and left the room.
”Why did you tell her, to call the person inside? Maybe it is Junsu!”

“Don’t worry, I’ve already told the security to not let Junsu inside if he hasn’t an appointement with me.”, he said and sipped at his tea.

“Really? Wow, I didn’t know that...but still, maybe it is-“ Then the door was opened again and inside came... “Hey, Nana-shi!”, Eunhyuk said happily and waved.

“Oh no...”, Nana sighed and covered her face with her hands.

Siwon looked at Eunhyuk and then to Nana, who finally looked up when Eunhyuk came to her.

“What are you doing here?”

“I thought we could eat outside today and because it is almost time for you to finish work, I decided to pick you up.”

“How come you aren’t panicking about being discovered?”

“Come on, Nana-shi, I’ve improved a lot. I’m going outside by myself more often nowadays.” Acutally he had been wearing sunglasses and a hat while walking here to at least feel a little safer.

She just wanted to answer as Siwon cleared his throat and gave her an unambiguous look.

“Sorry, I forgot.”, she answered and then formally said, “Sajangnim, this is Lee Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk-shi, this is President Choi Siwon.”

“Nice to meet you.”, Siwon said and nodded.

“Nice to meet you, too.”, Eunhyuk answered and bowed lightly. So this person was Nana’s boss and the one who offered her this job.

Silence. Nana felt kind of awkward in this situation. But she also didn’t know what to say and was more than thankfull as Siwon finally began to speak: “Well, I think for today you did everything you had to. You can go now.”

“Uhm, thank you, Sajangnim.”, Nana said, stood up and bowed.

Siwon grinned at her which she answered with a smile. They always felt amused when they had talk so formally to each other. Usually they talked banmal to each other but if other people where present they acted professional.

“Visit again, sometime. And don’t worry, she is just a little stubborn.”, Siwon said to Eunhyuk, who nodded and then followed Nana out of the office. The last sentence Siwon had said silently to him, so Nana couldn’t hear it. Even though Eunhyuk didn’t really know what he meant with that, he decided to take it as an advice.

“Your boss is pretty cool...”, Eunhyuk said. And he couldn’t deny that this guy was just as handsome as a model – it was strange how much this fact bothered him.

“Yeah, he is.”, she answered and walked through the building to the entrance, knewing that the eyes of the employees were followoing her all the time. She could almost hear their thoughts: The secretary of the boss has a boyfriend? How can she take him to work? She hasn’t an affair with the boss?

It had been like that right from the start. Everyone had been suspicious because Siwon had emploied her so suddenly.

Well, it didn’t really bother her. When they had left the building she turned around to Eunhyuk who still was impressed by her working place.

“You said you wanted to eat outside?”, she asked and he nodded happily and held up a plastic bag. “I bought some tea and sandwiches. We could eat them at the park.”
”All right, good idea.” It really was. She hadn’t picniced for a long time.

When they arrived at the park, they sat down on a bench and Eunhyuk gave her a bottle of tea and a sandwich.

Silently they were eating their meal and observed their surroundings.

“Aren’t you missing your home?”, she then asked and threw the packaging of the sandwich in a trash can.

“Huh? You mean the house of my uncle? Not really.”, he answered and shrugged. Then he smiled at her, “I think it’s nice to live with you.”

Nana looked at him surprised and blushed. Since when did they became so close that he liked to live with her? And why did she also thought it was quite nice?

“I also think, it’s-“ “Oh, damn it!”, Eunhyuk suddenly said and duck his head.

“What’s wrong?”, she asked, when he grabbed her hand and pulled her from the bench behind a tree.

“Yah! What are you doing?!”

“Shhhh! It’s them!”

“Huh?”, Nana asked and followed his look. As she saw some guys who seemed to look for someone, she gasped, “Are those...?”

He nodded: “This are the guys who followed me.”

“That’s bad! We have to get away from here!”

“Just try to run away.”, suddenly a voice behind them said and they turned around. In front of them stood another guy from the Gundal who grinned.

“Damn it!”, Eunhyuk and wanted to pull Nana away with him, when the guy grabbed his collar.

“I won’t let you get away.”, he said still grinning.

Eunhyuk tried to get himself free but the guy was to strong. Nana didn’t know what to do. Calling for help wouldn’t be a good idea because the other guys would also notice them. But what should she do? Then the guy made a fist and took a swing, ready to beat Eunhyuk. His fist dashed forward to Eunhyuk’s face when he suddenly stopped and pulled a face with pain. Eunhyuk who was completely buffled managed to escape from his grib when the guy writhed in pain. When he fell on the ground whining, Eunhyuk saw Nana, who had been standing behind him, breathing heavily.

She looked at him: “Wow, it really works to kick bad guys between the legs.”

“You are the best.”, Eunhyuk said gratefully, when they heard yells. He turned around and saw the other guys running towards them. “Run!”, he jumped across the hurt man on the ground and ran away with Nana.

The gundal guys chased them for a long time until they somehow managed to escape from them and found themselves at the Han River. Out of breath they rested there arms on their knees.

“Phew, we did it. Again.”, Eunhyuk panted.

Nana nodded and then sat down on the ground. Suddenly she began to laugh.

Eunhyuk looked at her in surprise. “Why are you laughing?”

“Hah~ That was scary and funny at the same time! I felt like in an action movie! I can’t remember the last time I had so much fun...”

He smiled and sat down beside her. The sun was already setting.

She had been right. Even though it had been a chase about life and death – well, the result had probably been death if they had caught him and took him to their boss – it had been funny to run away.

“We should go out together more often.”, he suggested.

“Yeah, maybe...”, she looked at the sun and then to Eunhyuk. He also turned around to her and their eyes met.

This had been the first time they had been looking at each other so directly.

Eunhyuk was amazed by her deep beautiful eyes. His heart began to race and also Nana became excited.

Slowly his face got closer. Both of them closed their eyes, getting nearer and nearer to the lips of the other.

Just when they were about to touch, Nana’s mobile rang.

They both startled and immediately opened their eyes to see each other more than close.

Their breathes reached the skin of the other.

Their cheeks turned red and they turned away from each other.

Quickly Nana fished her mobile out of her bag. She had a message from Sulli: Unnie~ come home quickly! I’ve got a big surprise~!

 

P.S.: Sorry, if I’d disturbed you and Eunhyuk-Oppa kkkkkk

 

She laughed bit and then stood up. Feeling kind of awkward, she avoided to look at Eunhyuk who had also got up. “Uhm, we should go home now.”

“Yeah, we should....”

“Yeah...”

“Yeah...”

Slowly they began to walk down the street in silence.

Both with a wildly pounding heart and the question what would have happened if Sulli hadn’t have wrote the message.