Chapter 4

Wanted

 

Weeks had past since Nana’s finacée had appeared.

The next day she had told Eunhyuk that the engagement had been decided by there parents when Nana and Junsu still had been young. But later she hadn’t told them she didn’t want to marry him – though she didn’t told him why – and the engagement had been canceled.

The reason why Junsu still treated her like his fiancée was, that he still wanted to marry her. She was sure he didn’t want it our of love. In her eyes his pride just had been hurt through her rejection.

And so she had to handle with this annoying guy.

Although Nana and Eunhyuk still kept quite distant from each other they slowly became friends.

They made dinner together in the evening, watched TV together sometimes and even went shopping in the supermarket – though Eunhyuk was still a little bit nervous when he went outside.

Sulli also visited them often. She seemed to have a crush on Eunhyuk.

Of course Nana warned him to not even think about touching her which Eunhyuk instantly sweared. He wasn’t that desperate to touch a girl who was eight years younger than him.

At this sunny afternoon Sulli also came to visit him while Nana was at work.

“Hey, Sulli-yah.”

“Hi, Oppa!”, she said and hugged him. Then she grabbed his hand, “Let’s go outside for a walk!”

“Uhm...why don’t we just stay inside like always?”, he asked nervously. Sulli didn’t know the real reason why Eunhyuk was staying with Nana. They had told her his apartment was in the middle of renovations so he needed a place to stay. Of course Sulli was more than sceptical but she didn’t ask more.

“Oh, come on, Oppa~ The sun is shining so nice! And you’re always inside! Are you a vampire or something?”

He laughed: “All right, all right. Just let me put on my shoes and get the key.”

When they got outside of the building he attentively observed his surroundings while walking down to a little park.

“Wah~ Isn’t it nice?”, Sulli said and closed her eyes.

“Yeah, it is. Maybe I should go outside more often.”

“Exactly. Why don’t you go on a trip with unnie?”

Eunhyuk raised an eyebrow: “Why should I?”

“Come on, Oppa. Don’t tell me there really isn’t something going on between you two.”, she said.

“But there really is nothing. We told you right from the start.”

“You only said you don’t have . Which seems to be true.”

“Right? And so...stop, what did you say? Are you eavesdropping or what?”

She laughed: “Of course not, Oppa. Do you really think I’m such a ? It’s your behaviour. If you would sleep with each other you wouldn’t be this stressed.”

Eunhyuk shook his head smiling: “You’re such a cheeky kid.”

“Yah, I’m not a kid anymore.”, she said and pouted.

“Of course you’re not.”, Eunhyuk answered and ruffled her hair.

They sat down on a bench under some trees.

“I really envy unnie...”, Sulli then said.

“Why?”

“She is such a nice person! And she’s pretty, smart and succesfull. I hope I can be like her when I get older.”

“I’m sure you’ll be even prettier.”, he said and smiled. Of course he wouldn’t break the promise he gave Nana to not touch Sulli but he just couldn’t stop himself from flirting a little bit.

“Seriously? But unnie is so y! Don’t you think so? Her body is just...wow!”

“Yeah, you’ve got a point there. She really has a great body...”, Eunhyuk said more to himself than to Sulli. One time he had seen her rushing out of the bathroom dressed with only a towel. Of course she didn’t knwo he saw her.

“Ha! So you already have seen it!”, Sulli suddenly said and grined triumphant, “I knew it! You are lovers!”

“Tch...”, Eunhyuk made and grined awrly. She tricked him. Why did this girl only has to be so wily? “Maybe I really saw it.”, he then jokingly said.

“Oh, I’m sure you have.”, Sulli said laughing and then put on a sad smile, “But unnie truly has a strong personality.”

“What do you mean?” Eunhyuk had noticed this from the first time they had met.

She was a nice person but surely could stand her opinion.

“She had to go through a lot, you know? At first she cried a lot.”

Now Eunhyuk was more than curious. Even though they talked a lot more than at the beginning, they only talked about common things and not such personal topics.

“When unnie was in middle school her parents got divorced and her father went to work in Europe. For her who had always lived in a happy family this was a big shock. She kept living with her mother but because of the divorce her mother changed a lot.

Unnie had to be good at everything and was controlled all the time. One day she couldn’t bear it anymore and moved out. At first she lived with her grandmother but she died when unnie finished high school. After that she couldn’t go to university anymore because she had no money and her mother didn’t gave her any. So her friend, the heir of the Choi-Company, gave her a job. Since then she spent most of her time with working. Maybe she wanted to distrect herself from thinking to much. And then there is Junsu-Oppa. He often came to visit her, one time she even called the police.”

Eunhyuk gulped. He hadn’t known she had such a hard time. Compared to that his life had been more than comfortable. He lived at the countryside with his parents, dreaming of becoming a famous dancer. So one day he decided to move to his uncle’s place in Seoul. After that he tried to get into one of the most renowned dancing schools in Seoul but was rejected. Also he wouldn’t have been able to pay the school fees. So he tried to make money to get enough for attending the school.

But now it seemed like it was already to late so he continued working.

Sulli smiled: “I admire her for her strength...but don’t tell her I told you that.”

“Don’t worry, I won’t tell her.”, Eunhyuk said and smiled.

“Ha....let’s go back, Oppa.”, she said and hopped from the bench.

He also stood up and they went back to the apartment building.

“So...are you going to take her out?”

“Are you even listening to me?”, he asked laughing.

“Then how about going out with me?”, she suggested and grined.

He nuged her nose with his fingertip: “Maybe if you get older.”