Chapter 14

Wanted

Holding hands, Nana and Eunhyuk walked up the hallway. After Eunhyuk’s shopping tour with Sulli and their lunch together, the couple had met to eat dinner. It was already late evening as they arrived at the apartment.

Nana yawned slightly, covering with her hand. “Tired?” Eunhyuk asked with a smile as he searched for the keys in his pocket. She nodded and opened to say something as they heard the sound of shopping bags being dropped.

Turning around they saw Hyoyeon in front of them. An unbelieving and angry expression on her face. “What’s going on here?”, she asked, obviously trying to surpress her anger.

“What do you mean?” Eunhyuk raised an eyebrow in confusion. What was she talking about?

“That!” She yelled and pointed at their hands. “Why are you two holding hands?! Don’t tell me...”

Ready to be slapped or beaten or whatever Hyoyeon would do, Eunhyuk closed his eyes and flinched but the woman only grabbed her shopping bags vigorously.

Opening her apartment door furiously, she told them: “Don’t think it’s over already!” And with these words she slammed the door close, leaving Eunhyuk and Nana behind.

“She still isn’t over it...” “Yeah, seems so.” Eunhyuk had underestimated Hyoyeon once already and he wouldn’t make the same mistake twice.

With a sigh he opened the door and they entered the apartment. Nana put her coat on the sofa as she noticed the red blinking light of the answering machine. Surprised she reached out to press the button. There hadn’t been a message for quite some time. Before she could press the button, the door bell rang.

Deciding to check the answering machine later, she went to the door. “Who is it?”, she asked and opened the door to see Junsu in front of her.

“J-Junsu-Oppa!” The man only looked at her, trying to catch his breath. Seemed like he had been running. Without saying a word he went into the apartment.

“Did someone ring the bell, Nana-yah?” Eunhyuk asked who came out of the bedroom. As he saw Junsu, his eyes widened.

“You...” With quick steps Junsu walked towards the other man before grabbing him by his collar. “Who do you think you are, to go out with my Nana!”

“Stop it, Oppa!” Nana told him but Junsu didn’t listen and only continued to stare at Eunhyuk.

Remembering the last time Junsu had been angry at him, Eunhyuk gulped.“Who told you...?”

“I told you it’s not over yet, didn’t I?” The three of them turned around at the sound of the female voice.

Hyoyeon leaned casually against the wall with a confident smile on her lips. “Come on, Junsu-ssi. Let go of him.” Growling something not understandable Junsu let go of Eunhyuk who took a step back.

“Listen, you two.” Hyoyeon walked over to Junsu, facing the couple. “We won’t accept your relationship. Be aware of that.”

The woman only mentioned towards the door and she and Junsu left. “I didn’t know they get along.”, Eunhyuk said while he went to close the door. “Seems like we can expect to meet them more often now.” A sigh escaped his lips. Just when they had started to calm down, they had to act like this again... He went back into the living room to Nana who was standing beside the phone, staring at the answering machine.

“What’s wrong? Are you scared by their words? Don’t worry, we can make it. They’ll soon calm down again and-“ “She’s on her way.” Eunhyuk stopped in his sentence. “Huh?”

With a shooked looked, Nana raised her head. “She is on her way. That woman will come here.” Still confused, he frowned. “That woman? Who?”

“My... mother.”