Chapter 15

Wanted

The past two days Nana had been restless. Paceing up and down the apartment, she had been mumbling to herself as if she wanted to convince herself that all of this was just a dream.

Eunhyuk had watched her worried but didn’t know what to say. Although Sulli had told him about Nana’s family once, he knew that he didn’t have the right to say something.

When the day of that woman’s arrival came, Nana was silently sitting on the couch. “Eunhyuk-Oppa...” By the sound of her voice, his heart skipped a beat and he quickly sat down beside her. Finally she talked to him again instead of only mumbling to herself. “Yes?”

A bit hesitantly she took his hands and looked up to him. He could feel her hand shaking. “Can you stay at Sulli’s for today?”

“Uh...s-sure... but why?” The confusied and worried look in his eyes made her turn away her glance.

“I think I have to talk to her by myself at first. I’ll introduce you later.” A weak smile formed on her lips, which he returned before giving her a kiss on the forehead. “Don’t worry. You’ll make it.”

Although he didn’t want to leave her alone now, Eunhyuk left the apartment just as Nana had wished. Now that she was alone, Nana began to walk around the apartment again. Nervously she played with the hem of her shirt.

The past days she had been thinking about only one thing. Her mother. And moreover about what that woman wanted from her.

No matter how much she thought about it, she couldn’t think about a reason why her mother wanted to meet her. Especially now.

Talking about the devil, the apartment’s bell rang. Nana immediately froze. She could hear her blood rush in her ears and her loud heart beat, as she slowly walked towards the door.

Slowly she pushed down the door handle and opened the door.

In front of her stood a tall woman, with short dark hair and business clothes.

She hasn’t changed a bit, Nana thought and gulped. “Hello, mother...”

“Hello.” With a cold expression the woman entered the apartment. The gaze with which she analyzed her surroundings was stern and stiff.

Nana quickly got something to drink and brought it to the woman who had slowly sat down on the couch.

Without saying a word, Nana’s mother took the glas and took a sip of the water. Although only a few minutes had past, to Nana they’d felt like hours.

As her mother put the glas down again, she looked at her daughter. “I don’t want to make a long talk, so listen well. You will marry the heir of the Shim Company.”

“I will what?!” Shocked Nana looked at her mother. “That’s a joke, isn’t it?!” Her mother had decided upon an engagement for her... again?!

“Of course it is not a joke. It is the best for our companies.” The woman stood up, facing Nana. “I’ll pick you up tomorrow evening. Someone will bring you a dress and shoes for the occasion.”

Still surprised and shocked by the news, Nana only stood there with an empty look. This has to be a dream.... no, a nightmare!

“But, mother! You can’t decide that by yourself!”, she finally said and followed her mother, who was already standing at the front door.

The woman raised an eyebrow. “I can’t? Of course I can. I’m your mother. I have the right to decide over your future. It’s the best for the company and the best for you.” And with these words the conversation ended and Nana’s mother left the apartment.

Loosing her strength, Nana slumped to the ground. Her eyes began to fill with tears. “No... this has to me a nightmare...”

 


[a/n]

Finally! It took really long to upload a new chapter...sorry for that >.<

And a small question: Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong, that the picture for the chapter doesn't show? O.o