Chapter 12

Wanted

It was almost midnight as Eunhyuk was looking at the clock above the TV.

Nana still wasn’t home yet and it made him worry. Restlessly he had wandered through the apartment, trying to distract himself but in the end he had sat down on the sofa watching the clock and glancing at the door in times.

He had dozen off and was still a little bit sleepy as he heard someone open the door. Immediately he jumped up from his seat. “Nana-shi?”

The answer was a sigh mixed with a low chuckle. The next moment shoes were kicked on the floor and Nana appeared in the room.

“Is everything alright?”, he asked alarmed as he saw her face. Her eyes were red and swollen and her hair was a mess.

Dizzily she got closer and Eunhyuk caught the unmistakeable sent of alcohol.

“Sure it is!”m she said babbling and began to chuckle again, “My family is broken, I’m working all the time instead of enjoying my young life – gosh, I’m only 21! – and then I’m living with a guy who isn’t even my boyfriend!”

Not sure what to say Eunhyuk remained silent as Nana suddenly bursted out crying.

“Why? I don’t have a bad life! Why am I feeling so lonely?”

“Nana-shi... I think you’ve drank too much.”,  he then began and got closer to her to help her sit down on the sofa.

With tears still flowing down her cheeks she cuckled. “Yeah, I guess so. But what does it matter? There’s nobody who’d car anyways! Nobody who cares if I would end up lying dead in a dark corner of Seoul or drowning in the Han River!” She covered her face with her hands and collapsed onto the ground.

Eunhyuk had known about her problems but had never known how strongly they were lying on her shoulders.

Carefully and gently he got on his knees and pulled her into a hug. “There are people who care. Sulli, Sulli’s family, Siwon, me... and even though I don’t want to admitt it I guess Junsu would also do.”

Nana didn’t answer to this and continued to sob in his arms. They sat there for a while before she said: “Let’s do something...” “What?” “Let’s do something....anything! I just want to forget!” She pushed him away from her so he could see her tear-stained face.

“Okay...”, he said and smiled to calm her down.

A few minutes later they were sitting in Nana’s car. She was sitting on the passenger’s seat with the window open, watching the city lights pass by.

“Faster...”, she then mumbled. “Hm?”, Eunyhuk asked as she suddenly talked. “Please drive faster.” “I don’t know if-“ “Just do it!”

Her sudden shout shocked him a bit but he obeyed. The car got faster and the wind hit her face strongly. But she didn’t care.

Finally they arrived at the riverbank.

Eunhyuk had thought it may be the best for her to get fresh air.

Slowly without saying anything they walked along the river side by side. Nana was still wearing her dress and the coat. The high heels in her hand.  As she stopped he turned aroung to her. “Are you feeling better now?”

“No.”, she then began to get out of her coat. “But I know a way how I would.” Eunhyuk had thought that she was just feeling a little bit hot – though the night air was pretty cool – but as she didn’t stop to undress and was about to get out of her dress his eyes widened. “Wh-What are you doing?!”

“I want to swim.”, she calmly stated. Looking around Eunhyuk tried to stop her.”What if someone sees you? And also: You’ll catch a cold!”

Nana paused in the middle of her movement. With big eyes she looked at him before she shrugged and began to Eunhyuk’s jacket.

“What-?!” “It would be boring alone.”

He grabbed her hand and looked at her strongly which made her look away.

Though he couldn’t see, Nana blushed a little: “Tch, don’t be a spoilsport.”

Just in that moment he grabbed her by her waist, pulled her over his shoulder and ran into the water to throw her in.

“Yah!”, she yelled in shock as she got on the surface again. Eunhyuk stood not far away from her with a grin on his lips. “Am I still a spoilsport?” With a pout she crossed her arms and acted sulky but then also grinned and walked towards him.

“You’ll get that back!”

Laughing they continued to play in the water. It seemed like the whole city was asleep with only them awake, enjoying themselves.

Finally Nana let herself fall onto the sandy ground exhausted.

The strap of her dress was sloping and she was completely drenched in water. Eunhyuk who didn’t look any better laid down beside her.

“You aren’t just with me because of Hyoyeon, are you?” Nana askd quietly after a long silence.

Surprised he looked at her: “Why do you think that?”

“Just because – forget it.”

He turned to the side so he could look at her. “Nana-shi... I’m not just because of Hyoyeon. At first it was the reason but now.. I really like being with you and I’m grateful for that you haven’t send me away yet.”

Now she also turned around looking Eunhyuk straight into the eyes. “Thank you...Oppa.”

And again there was silence. Not an awkwards silence but and expectant.

Eunhyuk felt like drowning in her deep brown eyes.

His glance wandered to her lips and before he knew he moved closer to her. But instead of pulling back Nana remained still and closed her eyes.

Their hearts were beating fast, they feared the other could hear.

Just as their lips were about to touch Eunhyuk’s mobile rang.

Surprised they flinched. Quickly he got his phone. With a sigh he answered the call: “What is it, Sulli-yah?”

Why aren’t you sleeping?” “Why aren’t you sleeping?” he asked quite annoyed.

I’m at a party.” “A party? It’s already past 1 am.”

I know that’s why I call. Could you pick me up, please?” He sighed again and looked at Nana who was looking at the river. “Sure, where’re you?”

After Sulli had told him her whereabouts he hung up. “Sulli called, she wants me to pick her up. I guess we should go.”

Nana only nodded and got up.

Avoiding each others look they walked down the street side by side.

Luckily it didn’t take them long to the place Sulli was. As they arrived Eunhyuk send her a text to come out.

He clanced over at Nana. Again. Sulli had interrupted them again. It made him want to tearhis hair out!

Taking his courage together he nodded to himself and grabbed her arm to turn her around so she faced him. “I can’t bear it anymore.” And then he placed his lips on hers.

He could feel her surprise but then she laid her arms around his neck.

Happiness flooded through his body.

“Aw~ How cuter~!”, a familiar voice then said and they were pulled back into reality.

Sulli was standing in front of them with a wide smile on her lips. “I knew it was a good idea to call you, Oppa.”

Eunhyuk nudged her slightly. “Are you doing that on purpose?”

“Doing what?”, she asked innocently but her eyes grinned.

He only ruffled her hair before they walked back home.