Clueless

Death Upon You

Donghae and his friends rushed quickly to the scenes. This is the fourth case regarding the same murderer. They all feel tensed and stress about it. Hopeless is the strongest feeling in Donghae’s heart right now. He grinded his teeth with force that a crashing sound could be heard if the person is closed enough to his mouth. Eunhyuk quickly look at him in concern but didn’t dare to say anything. Just not yet. He knows very well that Donghae needed time to cool down his mind first.

However, the silent is broken by Yesung’s phone and a familiar ringtone could be heard. I think it’s Bonamana from Super Junior… Eunhyuk thought. Donghae is too deep in his own dilemma that he didn’t notice anything about that. Yesung quickly grab his phone from the bag and answered swiftly, afraid that Donghae might throw a fist at him later.

“Hello….Wookie baby? Why are you calling me at this time? I got duty now.”Yesung answer in a whisper, in a hope that Donghae might not be listening. On the other hand, Eunhyuk throw him a look that says Off it now before you are killed look, making Yesung wink at him as a reply.

“Oh…I be there. I know…I know…. I will not be late again. Yes... Bye…” Yesung quickly off the line and sighed in relief. He is safe, or so he thought. But then, he heard a voice that says “Yesung….please make sure your phone is on silent mode when we are out on duty. If next time it happens again, I will make sure the phone sink at the bottom of Han River.”

“Yes sir, will not happen again.” Yesung bow his head a few times even though he knows that Donghae can’t see him from the front seat. Who doesn’t afraid of “bad mood” Donghae?

Add to Yesung’s dismay, his seats partner, Kyuhyun is laughing silently while smirking in sarcastic manner. I am so gonna kill you! Yesung yell in his mind. Kyuhyun stuck his tougue out before changing his sight outside the window again. Evil magnae! Yesung rolled his eyes in disapproval.

After one hour ride, due to the congested traffic, they arrived in the crime scene quite late. Donghae slam the door hard until the other officers looked at him confusedly. He doesn’t care much. He quickens his paste and walk straightly inside the closed area.

“Inspector Lee Donghae , on duty.” He shows his identity card to the officers, earning a nod from the other. “Let’s go guys!” later then, he is followed by the others.

“Tell us the information, officer.” Donghae speak with authority. Stress is s evident in his crack voice.

“As far as we are concerned, the body belong to a man name Lee Taemin, 19 years old, work in Cutie Supermarket as a shop assistant, second child in…”Donghae cut him off.

“When did he die?” Donghae asked, making the officer shock in progress.

“Umm….about 6 hours ago...maybe at 3am. Last night.”

“Killing weapon?” Donghae question again.

“None.” As expected. Donghae thought.

“Bring us to the body, officer.”

“Yes. Of course.” After a few minutes, they arrived in front of the dead body, which is now covered with black plastic bag. Yesung turn his head to the other side, removing his eye sight from the scenes. The blood pool on the floor and the smell is too much for him to bear despite he had been to so many crime scenes before. No one seems to notice his discomfort at that moment. Kyuhyun on the other hand, look at the body with interest while his eyes glowing with curiosity.

“Open the bag, Kyuhyun. Officer, thanks for your time. We can take over now.” Donghae continues.

“Yes sir.” The officer walks away, leaving them behind and afterwards, joining the crowd outside.

Kyuhyun opens the bag in one movement, revealing a horrible corpse. Yesung who are too curious, started to feel dizzy and wanted to puck when he saw the picture in front of him. It’s like the corpse had been drill to pieces in a meat machine. The flesh is everywhere. There are countless holes in that body. All the inner…. Yesung gasp while putting his hand on his mouth. His mouth tastes sourly so he excused himself to avoid himself from fainting or vomiting. He is joining the other officers’ outsides. He needs some air.

On the other hand, back to Donghae, Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun, they are still investigating on the corpse.

“So?” Eunhyuk asked in a rather soft voice. This scene is also gruesome for him to handle. The killer had gone too far… he thought.

“Killing weapon is definitely a knife, similar killing method than the other cases, and look, a pink rose again. This killer is so obvious wanted to show his presence.” Kyuhyun said in a fast tone, making the other two nodded in synchronization. “But I must say that this conclusion is too fast to be made, give me time to check this place clearly. I need proof and solid evidences.”

“Of course Kyuhyun. This place is yours. We are going to check out the surrounding instead and ask the witness some questions. Don’t mind to be alone?” Donghae asked in concern, consideration must be taken into accounts since he is the youngest among them all. Kyuhyun might look tough but still, even Yesung can’t cope with this.

“No problems. I can handle this alone. My expertise by the way.” Kyuhyun smile reassuringly.

“Definitely.” Donghae nodded before continue, “Let’s go Hyukie, no time to waste.”

“Yes sir.” Eunhyuk follow behind Donghae but his eyes keep focusing on Kyuhyun. How brave! That’s all he can think of. Therefore, Kyuhyun is left all by himself now. Actually, he loves to be alone while doing his jobs. No distraction is what he wanted.

“Let’s begin!” he said to himself while taking out his tools from his bag. Then, he looks at the dead body and shook his head slightly.”Hello Taemin, I am Kyuhyun. I am weird, so, let’s be friend shall we?” he chuck slightly. “Don’t answer though.” He chuck again. Well, you can say that Kyuhyun is a weird person, his motto is, before examine any dead body, permission must be ask first. He thinks that this is the best way to discover the truth as the dead soul might help in the process. Silly right?

He begins his quest by examining the cuts in the dead body. It’s about roughly eight to ten cuts but he need to take it to the lab and scan it on the x-ray machine for further confirmation. All the flesh is ruin by the stabs. All those organs must have been damage. Kyuhyun is deep in thoughts. But judging from the looks, the victim might be still alive while being stabs. This is because the blood flow seems different. (Later I explain my own theories ^o^). After taking some traces from the body, he zips the bag to avoid unnecessary contamination from the air.

He continues his area of investigation by looking around the surrounding but unfortunately, he found nothing. Might be the rain had wash it all. He sighed again. Another dead end I guess. Despite from some cotton tread on the body, there is nothing else. Kyuhyun is defeated again by the killer. But then, his eyes spotted something. A shoe print that been left behind by the killer, but only the front part is quite visible. Kyuhyun quickly took out his camera and shot some photograph. He squat down to take a good view on it. I bet the killer step on the pool of blood and his shoeprint had been imprinted on the floor. He looks up. Ahh~~~ a roof on top of it. That’s why it still here despite of the rain last night. I must inform Donghae hyung immediately. He took out his phone and dialed a number.

--------------At the precise moment------------

“Excuse us….Miss Sara. Can you tell us what happen?” Donghae ask patiently with the crying woman while Eunhyuk put the tape recorder rolling.

“I….don’t know really….I….just wanted to use… this path this morning…and then…then… I saw it!” her sudden shouts make Eunhyuk jump a little bit. Donghae turn his head and look at him, making his face turn red in embarrassment. He smiled awkwardly.

“That’s all?” Donghae continues again.

“I don’t know. I just ran away and ask for help. I don’t see anything except that dead….” She trailed off and started to cry again.

“That’s fine Miss Sara. You may go now.” Donghae pat her shoulder slightly, trying to give her comfort. She nodded weakly while muttering “Catch him….catch him…” Donghae can’t say anything more.

“This isn’t much help, Hae.”Eunhyuk said disappointingly.

“Yes. You are right. Next stop will be his friends, from the store where Taemin works. Bring Yesung together. He is needed to identify the truth.”

“Yes, Hae.” Eunhyuk answered with a small smile.

“But before that…” Donghae walk towards the officer on duty while Eunhyuk walk towards Yesung’s direction. “Excuse me officer. I wanted to ask about other witnesses from Teamin’s workplace. Who are they? ”

“Here are the particular.” The officer hand him a book, while Donghae scanning it roughly.

“They are waiting in the police station for further investigation.” The officer said.

“Thank you officer.” Donghae said sincerely, earning a big smile on the other face.

Donghae turn his head and look for Eunhyuk and Yesung. All of a sudden, his phone rang.

“Yes Kyuhyun? Really? We will be there in a swift.” This time, Eunhyuk and Yesung had already stood beside him. “Kyuhyun found something, let’s go.”

-------------------A few seconds had passed-----------

“Yes Kyuhyun…what did you found?” Eunhyuk asked with excitement before Donghae could speak.

“Just this hyungs.” Kyuhyun answered in a grin.

“Shoe print?” Yesung is the one who asked this time. Kyuhyun nod.

“A great discovery. Got anything else?” Donghae finally spoke.

“Not much really. The rain last night had washed it all.” Kyuhyun said sadly.

“It’s alright. Let ask the forensic member to take this corpse back to our lab. Kyuhyun, you will return back to the police station with the rest of the members. Eunhyuk and Yesung, you will accompany me to the police station here. The other witnesses are there.”

“Yes Sir.” They shout in unison.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Another simple chapter.... but I do hope got some comments though. Thanks. I run out of faith about this story....