Evidence

Death Upon You

After a long and tiring questioning session, Kangin had been allowed to return to his cell. Donghae and the others watch him intensely until his shadow had completely disappear from sight. But before Kangin left them, he curve a sad smile on his face and nodded his head slightly. Donghae recognize that look very well. He know that Kangin is asking for his help silently in a hope that he can catch the real killer of his brother. Donghae feel very angry of himself due to this case. He can't believe that he actually took so long to solve it. Never before he is facing such an intelligent killer. The killer can cover up his tract perfectly and even, proven his existed by conveying certain meanings in every of his victims. He wanted to make his presence well-known to the police force, and Donghae feel useless because he let him get away with murder again. Donghae swear to himself that no matter what happen, this devil must be caught before someone else becomes the next victim.

In that precise moment, his heart is fill with fear. He suddenly remember about his younger brother at home. What will happen if the next victim happens to be his love one? He dared not to imagine about it. I will be crazy if I am in Kangin's situation. Losing a brother like that and also, becoming the top suspect of the case itself. He sighed.

"What are you thinking, Hae?" Eunhyuk took the chair that previously sitted by Kangin and faced Donghae now. He is worried about Donghae because he had been too stress in solving this case. He still remember how Donghae throw a chair out from the window because they had fail once again in finding the killer. Donghae is almost at his breaking point. He took Donghae's both hand and rub it slowly so that Donghae can calm down his nerve.

"Hyukie ahh~~~it's nothing really. I am just thinking." Donghae smile reassuringly. He knows very well that his partner is worried about him. He had been in a very terrible mood lately that he started to get mad with everyone without reasons. He even shout at Hyukie once when he try to persuade him for a dinner after a long day of working hours. Deep down, he feels guilty.

"We will catch him sooner or later Hae. We will." Eunhyuk smile sweetly. "That's our job."

"I know. But this particular killer is really smart. All his crimes is flawless. Not even a strand of hair can be found. He is perfectly intelligent." Donghae sighed again.

"It's rare for you to praise someone." Yesung chuck making the both of them turned their heads simultaneously. Yesung feel the sudden chill so he stop laughing and change his sight to somewhere else.

"What do you think of this case Hae?" Eunhyuk asked again.

"Well, I must say that the killer might not be him. He seems harmless to do all this. Besides, the pattern is too similar with the previous cases too." Donghae reply flatly.

"You might be right. But I hope that your decision is not affected by Leeteuk hyung. I know that he beg you to re-investigate this case again." Eunhyuk continues with no smile on his face. He is deadly serious.

"Yeah, of course not. You know that I am always professional. What is your opinion Yesung? I bet you observe a lots of things just now. I wanna hear your opinion." Donghae looked hopefully at Yesung.

"Humm~~ I am not so sure too. Kangin might be a copy cat of that real killer in order to put the blame on others. But I got a feeling that he is not the real killer though. I am confused too. Sometimes he look pity, then suddenly, he become hostile again. Do you remember we almost let go of a woman because she seems innocent enough to kill her husband? It came out to be that she had split personality, so Kangin might be like that too." Yesung shown a blur expression making the others chuck.

"Hey, not funny  guys." Yesung retorted.

"I think we are having a problem now. Even Yesung don't know how to interpret." Donghae teased Yesung again making the latter smile in embarrasement.

"His face look innocent but all the evidences prove otherwise." Yesung continues with a sad face.

"Evidences~~ evidences~~" Donghae repeated his words.

"What?" Yesung and Eunhyuk ask together.

"Call in the inspectors in duty here. We need their help." Donghae stand up and order Eunhyuk to do so.

"Yes, sir." both of them reply to Donghae's request.

 

>> After a few minutes <<

-----Still in the police station.--------

"Good evening Inspector Lee. What can we do for you sir? I am the inspector in charge here." the inspector's age is nearly forty and has a wild smile on his face. Must be a corrupted and lazy inspector, Donghae thought. Then he shook away the negative thoughts. It's not wise to think about that with a senior. Even though Donghae is rated as the top number one Inspector in Seoul, he still respect all the seniors. Donghae is a great man indeed.

"A lot really. Thanks for spending your time with me...Inspector?" Donghae doesn't know his name.

"Inspector Jung will be nice." he answered with amusement because he didn't expect Donghae to be so polite due to his status. He is jealous inside about that young man. Still young but achieved so many recognition.

"We wanted all the evidences about Kangin's case." Donghae said seriously.

"Well, I see no problem with that. Come with me, along with your team mates." Donghae turn his head at them both while Eunhyuk and Yesung nodded. After that, the three of them followed Inspector Jung to an confine room that written as "Investigation Laboratory. No outsiders allow." Donghae suddenly remembered about his own police station. They also have this kind of room, but maybe a bit lively than this one because he loves to decorate his place with colours. He doesn't like a dull environment. Maybe due to the influences of his brother. Besides, the person work in there is among the top brilliant worker too. Cho Kyuhyun is the name. What make Donghae feel impressed about Kyuhyun is that he can find out the truth just by a little traces of evidences. Kyuhyun is a great scientist that everyone agrees upon. That's why, Donghae didn't forbidden his relationship with his brother. Donghae smile secretly before his thoughts being interrupted by Inspector Jung.

"All the evidences is here." he said while showing the thing he meant. Donghae, Eunhyuk and Yesung step ahead to take a good look at it. Just a strand of hair,  a handphone but the most important evidence that he is searching for is not there.

"Where is the murder weapon?" Donghae asked frantically to Inspector Jung.

"None. We already try to search for it but this Kangin is really smart in hiding it." Inspector Jung reply sarcastically. "Oh I forgot, there's one more evidence that we are confused about, maybe just coincidence."

"What?" Eunhyuk barged in the conversation but Inspector Jung never look at him or Yesung. Realistic people! Eunhyuk thought.

"Come here Inspectors." he lead the way and open a small size refrigerator. This is a place to keep the evidences that can rot easily. The temperature in it is below zero in order to perserve the things in well condition.

Their eyes widen when they saw the final piece of the evidence. This comfirm their decision that Kangin is definitely framed.

"A pink rose? Weird huh? Maybe the victim wore it before he is being killed." Inspector Jung answered in a joking manner but no one laugh. It's an awkward moment.

"This says it all." Donghae said in a whisper.

"What again Inspector Lee?"

"Nothing. We wanted to take all these to our police station. If you want, we already have the warrant to..." before Donghae can finished, Inspector Jung cut him.

"Take it. We don't need it anyway." he gesture Donghae to take it. Thus, Donghae ordered Eunhyuk to keep all the evidences in a specified beg and air-tight cases that they brought together before coming here.

"I also want all the findings and documents about this case." Donghae said authoritatively making Eunhyuk to snap his head and look at Donghae with mesmerizing eyes.That's why I love this guy! Eunhyuk smile silently, making Yesung to hit his head slightly,

"Complete your work first, loves...." Yesung laugh uncontrobally making Eunhyuk quickly dug his head, hopefully Hae wouldn't see the colour change in his face.

After a while where Donghae speak privately with Inspector Jung, he return to his team mates. "Done?"

"Yes Sir. All done." They reply with professionalism. Even though they are very close with each other, they still keep their formal language in front of the public.

"Let's go!" Donghae said.

"Yes, sir!"

Before they leave, Donghae take a good look at that place again. Kangin shi, we will find the truth, he swore to himself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

:-D    Another chap..... up next, a lot more characters to come.

Less people loves this genre...lol~~~~ or maybe it's my writing? So, to all readers that loves to read this, thanks !

Seriously, I am lack of ideas already..... *sigh*