Kangin's Side of The Story

Death Upon You

Kangin looked up at Donghae with hopeful eyes. He doesn't know whether his sides of the story can be trusted or not, but he is ready to share. He wanted justice. He wanted the truth. More importantly, he don't want to rot in here. He is not ready to die. At least not yet, he still have lots of deams to achieve, especially with that special someone. After a long silence, he finally find the strenght to talk.

"I am not the killer." Kangin said in a whispher. He had lost hope though. He know that in his circumstances, no one will believe him. No doubt that he is the main suspect because he have the motive and had no alibi on that day. He is doomed to be blamed. He is destined to die in shame. After saying those words, he divert his gaze to the other two men. Trying to analyze them with his own mind. Did they trust me?

"Hmm~~~we know that already." Donghae put his hand on his chin as if he is thinking deeply about something. "Mind telling us the whole story?"

"I bet you guys already investigate about me." Kangin smile bitterly. "No use to repeat I guess." he feel like a tape recorder, keep on repeating the same answer for the same question. He feel tired of it.

"Sure, but again, better listen from the person itself. Right?" Donghae continue.

"Well, no harm I guess." Kangin sighed. "Let's start by why I wanted him dead. Is that good?" Kangin chuck.

"Whatever you say." Donghae smile.

"It's all started a few years ago...." Kangin closed his eyes and took a few deep breath before continue. "where I started to hate him..."

Kangin's Flashback

Kangin's POV

"Hyung, are you ready? Let's go to school before we are late." that's my little brother, nagging me to go to "hell" again. I hate school.

"I don't wanna go, just tell omma that I have headache, a serious one that I can't wake up. GO go go..." I hush him to leave. Well, we are in secondary school that time where I still be polite with him. Funny huh?

"No, I want you to go. Move!" he tossed my blanket around to force me to wake up. After a useless battle, I give up. He is more dangerous than his looks. Scary as hell !

"Yah..yah... moving." I get my towel and prepare to bath. "Wait me downstairs."

"Yeah..." finally, he left my room and join my parents in the dining room for breakfast. I hate this too, eating breakfast, where I have to face my parents.. *blah..blah..blah..* ,this is what their regular verse, wait.. I can predict what's they are going to say. Am I  psychic?

"Kangin ahh.... can you please stop fighting at school? The school had been calling for the third times now. I feel embarassed." my omma speak first.

"Gezz... I said already, just let me drop school, then the whole world will be happy." I snorted.

"Kangin! Don't you dare to speak like that with your omma. Can't you be a little bit like your brother?" I hate those words. Why always comparing us? We are from two different world. Besides, I indulge in those stupid fight to protect him from bullies, not that I like violence. Heechul is too weak to protect himself.

"You want me to be what? A soft girlish boy like him that like to put on stupid make-up and reads books all the times like stupid nerd? I better die. Buy me a coffin, old man." I laugh.

Then again, his hand landed on my cheek. My father slap me again. Third times this week, but I feel more pain in my heart rather than my cheek. My parents just don't want to trust me. What can I say?

I quickly grab my stuff and run out of that torturing house. As expected, Heechul follow me like a bee. I feel like hiting him back then.

"Why did you do that hyung?" he try to run in order to keep up with me.

"I hate them." I said half-heartedly.

"But you are trying to protect me. Tell them!" he shouted.

"No use my bro, they won't believe me.' I left him standing and didn't even bother t look back when he called me.

Even though I feel like quiting from protecting him, I can't. He is still my beloved brother and it's my duty to protect him no matter what happen. Until one day, he slip his tougue to our parents that I am actually......actually...... gay, and that I love men.

"You is a son of a !" my father hit me hard on my face until I stumble on the ground with pain. I can feel blood in my mouth and the pain is too hard to explain. I never feel like this during other fight at school, maybe because this time, the opponent is my appa, my appa that I love so much.

"What did I do?" I wipe away the blood stain on my mouth and staring at both my parents. My omma is crying.

"You is a useless gay! A gay!" my appa shouts again. My eyes widen in shock but I quickly change my gazed on him. The only person that I trusted had betrayed me. I feel hurt that my eyes start to water.

"Trust me appa. I can explain." I pled.

"No use. Your brother had said it all." how could he believe in my brother but not me?

After gathered all my courage, I stand up with proud that had left in me and walk out the door.

"Don't ever come back when you leave!" appa threatened me.

Before I left, I turned my head around and look at them for the last time, especially my ex-brother, the oh-so-perfect Heechul, and said what I had been wanting to say all this years "From now own, I..Kangin, is not a part of this house anymore. And don't worry appa and omma, you will never see me again. For you Heechul, I give these two old couple to you, and most importantly, I announced that officially, you are not my brother anymore, !"

I slammed the door hard and left without regrets. They don't need me anyway. The only place I can call home now is at my friend's place in a pub  where I work as a gangster and earn dirty money for my living.

Few months after that incident, Heechul keep on calling me. He keep on saying how sorry he was and that our parents had forgive me. But I never reply him. He keep on tracking me too, even after he had graduated from university. Honestly, I am happy for him, at least he became what my parents wanted. But his constant calling had really annoyed me. So, I started to treatened him that I will kill him if I got the chance. I just wanted to scare him off and have no intention at all in doing so.

Until one night, he called me again.

"Are you nuts boy? Stop calling me!" I shout to him on the phone.

"Hyung~~"

"Hyung? You have no right to say that." I rolled my eyes as if he can see that.

"Hyung, please don't off the line. I love you so much hyung, please forgive me." he cried. I feel nervous too because his voice seems desperate.

"Hey, relax, what happened?" I admit that I am worried.

"Hyung, I know that this might sound ridiculous but...but...I am going to die.. there is this guy that...." suddenly, silence....

"Hey...hey... answer me! Chullie~~~" I shout again but this time, it's a worried one.

And then, I heard screams from the other side of the line. My brother's voice. How come? I shivers with fear.

"Chullie, stop pranking me. It's not funny." I faked a laugh. "Talk to me!"

My heart skips a beat when I heard a voice answering, but it's definitely not him.

"Hey bro, I help you to kill him." he chucked.

"Who.....who...the...hell.....hell....are ...you......you...?" I am tering in fear.

"Not important. But you can call me justice. hahah~~~" he laugh.

"Heck! Now where is him? Ask him to answer the phone!" I demanded.

"I afraid it cannot be done because as you can see, his throat had been slice open. If you know what I mean..." he stop his laugh.

I can only keep silence and hoping that this is merely a prank. After all these years, I actually pray again. Oh God, please save him. Please save my brother.

"If you want to see him again, come to Behame street. Come and enjoy the fun. You will love my work of art." then, he off the call.

"Hello? Hello?" there's no reply.

Without futher thinking, I quickly went to Behame street. I know that after all these years where I thought that I hate him deeply, I actually still loving him. The ride took about 20minutes but I feel like it's been two decades. After arriving, I quickly flunk open the taxi door and run like crazy to search for him. After a long time of searching, I found myself arriving at a dark alley. In my whole years of adult life, I had never feel this kind of intense fear. I took a deep breath and walk myself into the darkness.

After taking a few baby steps, I fell over because my leg had step on something. My body is covered with liquids and I feel disgusted. But it smell so similar....it smell like... blood? I can't see properly due to the darkness so I took out my phone and try to light up the place.

There....I saw the most horrible scenes.

End of Flashback

Kangin put his hand on his face and his tears rolled down uncontrobally while Donghae try to comfort him by patting his shoulder.

"Shh..now, what did you saw?" Donghae ask while his hand still patting the man's shoulder.

"I don't know how to say...." Kangin mumbled because he is having the difficulty to breath due to his cying.

"Take your time, Kangin shi..." Yesung interrupted.

With a sudden reaction, Kangin looked up and grab Donghae in his wrist while mumbling "It's horrible....it's horrible..I tell you. His throat is being cut and all the content of his body....his blood......is all over the place... his eyes... Oh my God!" Kangin burst into tears again. "It keep on replaying in my dreams, it's haunting me. That's why...that's why...I didn't sleep. Every time my eyes close, he is there. Asking for help."

"It's fine now. We will trace the killer. Calm down." Donghae feel a pain at his wrist due to the grip that Kangin gave him but he still try to flash a smile. He have to calm him down and he feel pity for him too. This is the painful memory that he will remember for life.

After situation had gone better and Kangin had calm down a bit, Donghae start his conversation. "I think, the rest of the story we already know. If you wanted to add on. we are ready to hear."

"That's all I have to say." Kangin reply sadly. "And I don't know how to help you."

"You had help enough Kangin shi..don't blame yourself." Yesung continue before Donghae spoke. Eunhyuk on the other hand, just observing.

"By the way Kangin shi... apart from the reason that we think that this case had an actual connection with a similar cases before this, we came here due to a friend's suggestion."

Kangin look at Donghae with a face full of questions. "Who?"

"Leeteuk hyung. He is a friend of mine. He is the one that wanted my help to investigate about your case." Donghae continue. 'I think that his points is accurate so I decided to put your case under my department.'

"Leeteuk? I should have known." Kangin smiled bitterly.

"And he wanted to repeat your case in court. If that is fine with you, of course."

"What can I say huh?"

"I think, you should say yes."

"Is that so? Inspector Donghae? There's a hope for me?"

"Why not....I believe that justice is for all of us.."

Kangin eyes opened in shock due to the word "Justice", funny how that word can give a pain in his heart so much. Maybe because it associated with his brother's death.

"I accept then. But you must remember inspectors, I don't want my justice. I want a justice for my brother. Only that. Can you do it?"

"Yes." Donghae reply with confident. "That's what we do."

"I wish you good luck then." Kangin chuck softly.

"Thanks, but luck doesn't exist in my dictionary of life, only destiny."

Kangin flash them a hopeful look before being taken to his own cell again. I pray for your success inspector. Don't die earlier than me. After a long time of insomnia, he finally can rest his eyes in peace. Chullie~~~~ they will find him soon, rest in peace. Finally, he drifted to sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Another short chap....enjoy...

Glad you like it. JadeRiver & youngwoonie.