Donghae and His Dongsaeng

Death Upon You

The three men walked slowly towards Eunhyuk's car. They had decided to use Eunhyuk's car instead of the official police car because Donghae wanted to avoid all the commotion later. Besides, the main reason he came here is due to personal investigation, so a private car would be better.

Eunhyuk opened the driver's seat and quickly set the engin to life.The roaring sound that the car produced had manage to broke the silence that surrounded that place. It is just an ordinary car park but the silence inside it had made Donghae feel uneasy. Too quiet for his liking. The passerby is hardly been seen too. Maybe the night is falling too deep now. Donghae look at his watch. It is past 1am already. Donghae sighed. Can't believe I wasted so much time here. Sungmin must have been waiting like crazy at home right now. He curved a smile. He forget to inform him that he might be working late again today. Maybe Sungmin will lecture him after this, but never mind, Donghae already get used to it.

After their parents death, Sungmin and him had been living together in his single apartment. He brought that place after a year working as a police officer because that place is super near to his workplace. He love the convenient that the apartment offers and all the facilities are good too. Even though Sungmin had manage to find a steady job as a chef in a cake restaurant, they still choose to live together. You might say that they are inseparable. Their relationship is so close that no one actually know that the truth is, they are not blood related. Yes, you read it right. Donghae is actually adopted to that family three years before Sungmin was born. At first, Sungmin's mother was diagnosed with the complication in giving birth. The result shows that her uterus is too fragile to attach the fertilise ovum so basically, she is actually barren. Due to no chances of having her own child, the couple adopted him as a replacement. Donghae still remember vividly about the moment when he knows that he will have a real family again. He doesn't remember anything about his biological parents though and had lost hope in finding them. Life at the orphanage is not that bad but he always dream of having his own parents. On one faithful day, his wish come true when a couple had chosen him. He felt lucky.

That three years was like a miracle to him. Everything he wanted is granted. New fancy clothes, nice food to eat, a warm house and most importantly, a loving parents. Even his sur-name had change to Lee. Therefore, he feel very shock when his omma and appa anounced on one particular day that he will soon have a brother. The irony is, his reaction is completely opposite from Kangin. Donghae can't believe it. He hated the news and he hated that unborn child. He is afraid that this new comer of the house might get all the attentions. He afraid of sharing. He afraid of being abandoned again. He is afraid of losing his parent's love. Among his mother prenancy period, he cast himself away from his parents. He doesn't want to hear anything about the baby anymore. He feels suffocated. Everytime his parents open their mouth, everything will evolved around the baby. Which colour should be painted in the new room? Which baby clothes should they buy? What food will he likes to eat? Donghae feel like all this questions is nonsence. Why would he care about his new enemy in life? Ahh~~ yes, he labelled him as an enemy. Until one faithful day, the baby was born and it's a healthy baby boy. All the family members gathered to celebrate the happiest moment of Lee's Family Life, and Donghae feel lonely. 

Omma and appa had given too much time on him, Donghae thought. And that name Lee Sungmin is just..... stupid! Donghae shout in his 5 year old children's mind. But then, his heart change when he saw his little brother up-close for the first time. He is stunt. Never before he saw that kind of divine beauty. His eyes is so sparkling and the face look so innocent and flawless. Like an angel born. Donghae is speechless. From that moment onwards, he swear that he will protect him in all circumstances. He want to be the best Donghae hyung to him, and he did. He stay by Sungmin's sides for almost 24hours. Add to his happiness, Sungmin's first word of his life is "hy~u~ng~~" rather than appa or omma. That's how their brotherhood relationship grow strong until today. Basically, Sungmin is very dependent on Donghae for everything, and Donghae feel happy about it. At least he still feel appreciated. But this fact had almost change when Sungmin met Kyuhyun though. Now, Sungmin had another person to hold on rather than himself. But deep down, he does agree with their relationship. Kyuhyun seems like a nice guy, Donghae thought.

"Hey Donghae, are you listening?" Yesung ask it rather loudly making Donghae to snap his head abruptly to the speaker.

"Umm....yeah.......what?" that is the only word he manage to reply. Yesung move his head left and right showing disapproval.

"Hey uncle, people talk so much already and you keep on spacing out. Remember about your girlfriend huh?" Yesung purposely. Who doesn't know that Eunhae is already an item?  We can say that the whole police station knows about it, and it even break so many women's hearts that adore them.

"Yes Hae, you keep on spacing out. Are you alright?" Eunhyuk  asked worriedly while his head turn slightly to Donghae, making Yesung shout in the process.

"Eyes on the road ! I don't want to die yet." Yesung said.

"It's God's destiny who will die and who will live, turtle freak!" Eunhyuk stuck his tougue out.

"I saw that! And Ddangkoma is not weird!" Yesung try to fight back but Donghae stop them both.

"Stop lar both of you." Donghae turn his gaze on both of them now. "What were you asking just now? I am back to realistic world now." he chuck.

"Oh great, now you are saying that you didn't hear what we said? We discuss about it so long already, and I can't recall all of those!" Yesung retorted,

"Just recall what you can, fine?" Donghae can't get mad with these people, they are so funny at times.

"We just saying about the murder case. How many percent are you sure that it's done by the same killer?" Yesung add on.

"60% maybe." Donghae feel sad everytime this kind of question being voice. He can't make decision without solid proof.

"That's....over 50%. So meaning that you are quit sure about it." Yesung reply making Donghae curve a little smile. Quit sure huh? Donghae thought.

"What did you find out from Inspector Jung just now? Seems like a long and interesting talk." Eunyhuk continues but his eyes still focus sharply on the road.

"It is boring, and useless too. I think I will file a complaint about him at the main-office tomorrow."

"What?" Eunhyuk shout in disbelief.

At the same time, Yesung also shouted. "Why?"

"Because he is irresponsible, selfish, lazy and corrupted." Donghae answered flatly.

"Really?" Yesung add on again. "How did you know?"

"Yes, this one I am 100% sure. He just simply put all the blame to Kangin without solid proof. "

"Meaning?" Eunhyuk asked.

"I will tell in the meeting tomorrow." Donghae ended the conversation. Everyone is quiet after that, sensing Donghae's tension.

After an hour drive, they arrived in Seoul Police Station.

-------------------- Seoul Police Station--------------

"Finally, I am so tired." Yesung yawn making Eunhyuk kick his leg.

"Hey, what is that for? Monkey!"

"I am the one who drive and you slept along the way. You said you are tired?! How about me?" Eunhyuk beam him a deathly glare.

"Yeah...yeah...as if you are tired. I bet you feel happy that you can fly to the sky now because Donghae sit besides you. Yet, I am very sorry to purposely fall asleep so that you guys can date." Yesung bow to him. Eunhyuk try to smack his head but fail. Yesung smiled in satisfaction.

"Let's go guys." Donghae hush them to work faster and pretend that he did not listen anything from their conversations. Yesung and Eunhyuk quickly grab the evidences and follow Donghae into the station. Only a few police officers on duty tonight. After that, they walked straight to "Forensic Investigation Room" where all evidences usually will be kept. They locked the evidences in a safety storage place so that no one can touch it unless they had been authorised. Only specific department can see it until it can be officially shown to the public, which usually takes place when the case is solve.

"Let Kyuhyun experiment with it the next morning." Donghae said after a long silence. Yesung and Eunhyuk only nodded.

"Tommorrow will be a tough day." Donghae whisper to himself. "Let's go home."

Thus, the three of them left the police station separately and went home. Everyone has their own car too because their job demand an irregular time at work. Sometimes, they have to wake up at midnight when a murder case had been reported to them or even, go to work even though it's not their shift at that moment. That's how Donghae and his force show their dedication to the society. No wonder they are doing a tremendous job if compare with others. The efforts given is priceless. After short minutes of driving, Donghae already arrived at his apartment. He feel really tired.

Slowly, he opens his apartment door and walk lightly inside to avoid any noise. He don't want to wake Sungmin up. He must be sleeping already. Donghae thought. Then, he smelled something delicious. Sungmin must have cook for me.Donghae walked himself into the kitchen. Although he is tired, he don't want to left Sungmin's dinner untouched. He don't want to disappoint his little brother. In his luck, Sungmin cooked his favourite dishes too making him suddenly feel hungry.

After washing his hands on the sink, he went to the refrigerator to get some drinks but he stop his tract when he saw a paper being pinned on the door.

""Dear hyung,

When you read this, I might be drifted to dreamland already. Once again, you forget to tell me that you gonna come home late... gurhh...*frust.*

But never mind, I understand. That's what a good brother for, right? Please eat all the food on the table even if you are not hungry. hahah.. sorry, I cook specially for you today, that's why you must finished it. Thanks~~~

By the way, don't need to clean the stuff because I will clean it tomorrow. P/S.. I know that you are tired. Goodnight!

Sungmin....""

Donghae smiled secretly. How would I live without you? And so, he sitted himself on the dining table and eat with joy. All of a sudden, he feel hungry. At least he can forget the murder case for a while and enjoy his life as a normal citizen again.

Thanks bro, my little dongsaeng....

 

 

 

 

I kinda change their ages. hahha~~~~~

No killer yet...... (O.o)

.JadeRiver. Interesting theory there. I can't wait to open another chapter and read your analysis. ^.^

youngwoonie. Your comments are really fun to read! And I wonder, who r ur top bias? *K, ignore me.*