Moonlight Walk

The Ship of Mysteries

That night I knocked on the door to Junhyung’s cabin room. No one answered, but I suddenly heard some yelling from inside.

            “What? You told him that I was on the ship?!”

            “Yeah. Got a problem with that?” I recognized it to be Junhyung’s voice.

            “YOU THINK?! You just ruined my whole purpose for coming onto this cruise ship!” the other voice sounded awfully familiar.

            It’d sounded a lot like Junhyung’s uncle.

            “It’d actually happened by pure coincidence, really. I was coming back from your call and happened to run into him. Then I just gave him the message that you were on this ship. Now he’s probably hiding in a hole somewhere. Or better yet, getting on another ship,” Junhyung said.

            “YOU BASTARD! Do you realize what you’ve done?!” Junhyung’s uncle raged.

            “Yes, I do realize what I’ve done. But you should’ve seen it coming. Do you think that after firing me that I’d just let it slide? Especially since you’d promised me 500 grand for the task of tracking him down. Once I did you didn’t give me . So now, we’re both even,” Junhyung replied with a cool, composed tone.

            “He was one of my prized targets.”

            “And I’d wanted 500 grand. See how that works?”

            “You’re going to regret what you did, Yong Junhyung,” his uncle growled.

            “You think I’m afraid of your threats? Now get out. This is my room. You can’t just hang out in here every time my parents are out gambling.”

            “Remember, Yong Junhyung. You’ll regret this day.”

            I quickly ran down the hall and hid behind a maid’s cart. Junhyung’s uncle stepped out, looking as furious as ever. Then he straightened up and looked down the hall, then the other way. Then he smirked.

            “For whoever was listening just now,” he said aloud, as if he was saying it so I could hear, “Let the games, begin.”

            I felt a shiver go down my spine as he left the other way. When he was out of sight I crawled out from my hiding spot and went up to Junhyung’s door. But just as I was about to knock, he was already opening the door, preparing to step out. He noticed me and his eyes widened, surprised.

            “______? What are you doing here?” he asked.

            I handed him his hat. “You left it at the golf course. Here you go.”

            He took it. “Um, thanks.”

            “No problem. Were you going somewhere?”

            “No where big. Just wanted to go for a walk, that’s all.”

            I nodded slowly. “Hm. I see…”

            “Wanna come?”

            “It’s okay. I don’t want to bother you or anything,” I said.

            “You’re not bothering me at all.” Then he took my hand. “C’mon, let’s go.”

            Junhyung pulled me forward and I followed him out to the deck. It was night time, the lights were dimly lit, and there weren’t many people around as we walked with each other, hand in hand. But maybe that’s’ what made the moment so…magical.

            I smiled. “You know, you can let go of my hand now.”

            “Psh, way to ruin the mood.” But instead of releasing his hold on my hand he held it tighter. “But don’t think I like you or anything. Because I don’t.”

            I rolled my eyes. “Sure.”

            “I really don’t.”

            “Whatever you say.” Even though deep down inside, I knew otherwise xD

            “So ______,” Junhyung said, changing the subject, “what school do you go to?”

            “Cube High,” I replied.

            Junhyung’s eyes widened. “Really?”

            I nodded. “Yeah. Why?”

            “I go there too.”

            “Oh my gosh, really?”

            “Yeah!”

            “Wow! What a coincidence!” I said happily.

            “I know right? How come I’ve never seen you?” Junhyung asked.

            I shrugged. “I don’t know, how come I’ve never seen you?”

            “Hm…that is strange…” Then he smiled. “Maybe it’s because we’re destined to meet on this ship.”

            “Destined? As in fated?”

            “Haha maybe~,” he teased again and lightly punched my arm. “My destined lover~”

            I smiled, shaking my head. “Are you always this flirtatious?”

            Junhyung bit his lip and softly whispered into my ear, “Only for you babe.”

            Suddenly feeling really claustrophobic, I immediately pushed him away from my face and said, “Yah!”

            Junhyung was laughing, laughing hard so hard that he clutched his stomach and was on the verge of tears. “AHAHAHAHA that was hilarious!”

            Feeling my cheeks turn pink I stormed over to him and thumped him in the head. “Oww! Yah! What was that for?!” Junhyung cried.

            I smiled. “Payback.” Then I stomped away.

            “Yah, wait up,” Junhyung said, running up and grabbing my wrist. “C’mon, are you mad? I really did mean what I said though! You-

            But before Junhyung could continue I felt a flash come across our eyes as someone shined some light on us. A security man was pointing a flash light at us.

            “Yah, are you guys still minors?” he asked us.

            Junhyung nodded his head. “Yes, sir.”

            “What are you 2 doing out here? Taking a romantic walk under the moonlight or something? Get back to your rooms before I report you guys!”

            Junhyung and I bowed. “Yes sir,” we said in unison.

            The 2 of us ran back to the cabin rooms.

            “Whoa, that was scary,” I commented.

            “He was a big guy,” Junhyung replied.

            “Well, good night,” I said as I opened the door to my room.

            “Wait.”

            I stopped. “What?”

            “When school starts again, look for me, okay?” Junhyung said.

            I crossed my arms. “Why should I?”

           Junhyung smirked. “Because you are, hopelessly, unconditionally, undeniably, in love with me. That’s why.”

            I sighed. “Not in love. Attracted to..yes. You’re too handsome for me not to.”

            He smiled. “That’s good.”

            “Well, see you tomorrow Junhyung. Dream about me,” I said.

            “Will do,” Junhyung said as he saluted before retreating to his room.

            I laughed as I stepped inside, feeling all bubbly, fluffy, and giggly. My heart was beating so fast.

            “Whoa, what’s up with you?” Doojoon asked. “Your face is all pink.”

            My eyes widened. “, it is?!” I ran to the bathroom mirror and Doojoon was right.

            It was pink -___-

            “Did you have some make out session with Junhyung or something?” Doojoon asked sarcastically with a mischievous smile.

            “NO! It was…just a moonlight walk….that’s all…” I stared off into space, smiling like a complete goofball.

            “Oooo, how romantic.” Doojoon nudged me, winking.

            I sighed, feeling content with my day.

            Little did I know that it was the calm before the storm.