An Unforgettable Cruise

The Ship of Mysteries

 

I woke up to a gun pressed against my temple. I was instantly awake as I realized that Carm had woken up and that he was holding a gun to my head.

            “J-Junhyung-ah,” I said shakily as Carm sneered at me.

            Junhyung opened his eyes and was suddenly alert at the current situation.

            “Where’s the camera,” Carm growled.

            “I don’t have it,” I fibbed.

            “LIAR! Give it, or else.”

            I looked around to find no other lifeboats around us. All I could see was the ocean. Where had we drifted off to?

            “Let her go,” Junhyung snapped.

            “I will, if she gives me her camera,” Carm said roughly. “We’re in the middle of nowhere, Yong Junhyung. Where can you run?”

            Suddenly Junhyung pulled out a gun from the back of his pants and pointed it at Carm. Carm’s eyes widened, not expecting that.

            “I’m warning you,” Junhyung snarled. “Let her go.”

            Carm smirked. “Have you forgotten? I’m holding a gun as well.”

            “I’m counting to 3,” Junhyung said.

            “Do you know what you’re doing Yong Junhyung?”

            “1…”

            “Yah, what do you think you’re doing?”

            “…2…”

             I closed my eyes.

            “…3!”

            Junhyung pulled the trigger and I’d half expected to feel pain. But instead I felt the gun being lifted from my head and Carm letting me go as he clutched his arm in pain. Junhyung had shot Carm in the arm and I took the chance to slip away. I ran into Junhyung’s open arms and stared at the gun that Carm had dropped.

            “W-What….d-did…you…” Carm winced in pain.

            Junhyung smirked. “I wouldn’t be that stupid, would I? I knew that you had a second gun on you and had been saving it for later. When you awoke you’d driven us off course, although not far from the islands, I’m sure. With the police out of the way, I knew that you’d make a move. Therefore, while you were still unconscious, I’d moved the bullets. This gun,” Junhyung played with the gun that he had in his hands, “is the empty one that you left on the ship.”

            “God dammit,” Carm sneered. “I knew something was fishy when you acted so calm.”

            Junhyung started up the speedboat again and used the navigation system to set us back on track.

            “You know a lot,” I commented.

            Junhyung smirked. “Thanks.”

            Soon, we reached the coast where other lifeboats were resting. Police officers saw us coming in and made way.

            Doojoon and my parents ran up to me. “______! Why are you all bloody? What happened?”

            Junhyung held Carmeliano’s hands together and handed him to the policeman. We told them everything from start to finish, and I even showed them the picture on my camera. I heard Carm snarl a bit at that.

            It was a long, long morning, full of interrogations and endless questioning. The sun was just starting to come up and Junhyung and I watched it together.

            “This was some cruise, huh?” I said to him.

            Junhyung smiled. “It sure was.”