Like That Couple

The Ship of Mysteries

Junhyung had to go back home for further questioning about Carmeliano’s case. So Doojoon and I didn’t see him during the Bahamas trip. I wondered how it would’ve been if he’d came with us though. Would we’ve stumbled upon another adventure? Maybe. But overall, the Bahamas trip was pretty relaxing. My dad gave Doojoon and me points for solving the case on our own like that, in addition to proving Junhyung innocent.

            I was waiting with Junhyung in front of the hotel he was staying at as he was waiting for his ride.

            “I’ll miss you,” he said to me.

            “I’ll miss you too,” I said. “But we’ll see each other once school starts, right?”

            Junhyung nodded. “Right.”

            I smiled. “Honestly, I don’t think I’ll ever be able to forget this cruise.”

            Junhyung smiled back at me. “Me neither. I fell in love with an amazing girl and shot a guy in the arm all in the span of more than a week.”

            I laughed. “Haha you joker!”

            Junhyung shrugged. “That’s me.”

            A horn beeped and the both of us looked over to find Junhyung’s parents sitting in the car.

            “Well…looks like I have to go,” Junhyung said quietly.

            I nodded. “Mm. I’ll see you soon, Junhyung oppa.”

            Junhyung waved. “Goodbye, ______.”

            I waved back. “Goodbye.”

            “No kiss?”

            My lips broke into a smile at the words that I’d wanted to hear. “Do you want a kiss?”

            “Maybe~”

            “Yah, don’t tease me like that!” I said, slapping his arm.

            Junhyung grinned and pulled me closer to him, our lips meeting each others. I kissed him back and we probably would’ve stayed there forever if it weren’t for the car honking.

            “,” Junhyung cursed.

            “It’s okay. I’ll call you,” I said, not wanting to let go either.

            Junhyung sighed. “Okay. Don’t meet other boys while I’m gone!”

            “Don’t meet other girls Yong Junhyung,” I replied.

            Junhyung looked at me one last time before getting into his car. I waved as it drove away. When I couldn’t see it anymore I sighed to myself and went back inside the hotel. Doojoon was waiting for me with his hands in his pockets.

            “Wow,” he said.

            “What?”

            “You and Junhyung kiss like that couple in ‘Titanic’ or something.” Doojoon shivered.

            “Yah! Why were you watching then?!” I exclaimed, slapping his arm.

            “Well mom and dad wanted me to call you up and then I see you two kissing and I’m all like ‘ewwww’. Oh god my eyes,” Doojoon said.

            “Says the guy who had a in his freakin suitcase,” I mumbled.

            Doojoon’s eyes widened. “Y-Yah, what did you just say?”

            I giggled. “Oopsies~”

            “Yah, Yoon ______!”

            “Nothing, Doojoon oppa~”