The Ball

My SuJu Family

Narrator's P.O.V

A few days after Kyuhyun got discharged, the day of the ball came. Min Anne had gotten jampacked scheds the other days before so she wasn't abke to meet the Intimate Note staff. She decided that she would just meet them on another day.

she decided to get ready at her other house so she could surprise her brothers.

She called her friends over to help her get ready and on the second she opened the door, they dragged her back to her room not letting her get up.

Hana fixed her make up while Haemin fixed her hair. 

Hana was the child of two make up artists  so she was skilled in doing make up while Haemin was a child of two hairstylists so Min Anne was really lucky to have them.

When they were done, Min Anne looked at herself in the mirror. She was left speechless so by the time Haemin and Hana asked her what she thinks she hugged them with all her might.

         "Careful!! You might ruin our hard work!"

         "Oh gosh you're going to be late! Here's your mask and your purse. Have fun sister!" Hana said pushing her out of her room. 

         "Bye!" She said running down the stairs until sheI reached the door. She opened it to find the limo the door opened by Mr.Park. Min Anne smiled at him before entering. Then they were off. 

 

Min Anne's P.O.V

We pulled up in front of a big building. My brothers told me that the ball was for all the groups to be together for some reason.

I found out that one of my favorite girl groups, CuTiE-Confidence,Talent,Excellence- were also coming. I can't wait to see them! Especially my new friend Han Maeli who was a member of the group.

I stepped out of the car taking a deep breath. I glanced at my phone for the time. 9:00. I was supposed to be there on 8:30 but I guess I could just be fashionably late.

I went out of the car staring at the building in front of me. I heard Mr.Park drive away behind me as I stared. I decided to make an entrance. I pulled the skirt of my dress a little so I can go up without tripping. I ascended the stairs and stopped in front of the doors guarded by two big men. The other one was holding a clipboard which I assume was the guest list.

         "Name?"

         "Uhm Soone Min" I said using my stage name.

The clipboard guy looked through the pages and nodded at me before the other guy opened he door for me.

I smiled before entering nervous. I walked up in front of a big door guarded by 2 guys. They smiled at me before askng " Are you ready madam?" 

I nodded nervously slipping my mask on. It is a masquerade ball. Hana was nice enough to alter my mask into a slip on instead of holding it. I held my breath as they opened the doors for me. The spotlight settled on me and everyone inside the big ballroom stared at me as I descended another staircase. Some recognized me and smiled while others looked at me cluelessly. 

One of those people were my dear brothers who just looked at me cluessly. I rolled my eyes and went to their table taking the vacant seat.

         "Uhm excuse me but our sister is supposed to sit there" Leeteuk said kindly.

I grinned at him enjoying their cluelessness.

         "Uh...why are you grinning at me like that?" Leeteuk said nervously.

I held back my laugh and shook my head.

         "Oppa have you forgotten your baby sister?" I said doing my not-so-famous aegyo. I did it rarely so this is their first time seeing it.

         "Soo Min?!" They said in sync. I laughed like a maniac while they stared in shock.

         "I didn't even recognize you!" Ryeowook said.

         "Why did you do aegyo?" Sungmin whined pouting.

         "Soonnie?" A familiar voice behind me said. Only one person called me that nickname.

         "Maeli unnie!" I said standing up and turning around to face her. I gave her a hug and that's hwne I realized she was wearing pink. LOTS OF PINK.

         "I like your dress" Sungmin said behind me. 

She gave him a what-the-hell look while I told her not to mind it.

         "Unnie you don't have a mask" I said.

         "I forgot to bring my mask along with me." She said.

         "I know let's go buy you won at that mask stand." I said pointing to a table full of masks.

         "I don't have any money" She said.

         "I'll buy you one!" I said dragging her to the stand. I chose her a mask that suited her and payed for it. I handed her the mask but she refused to take it.

                                                           

         "Ani, give it back it's too embarassing" She said.

         "Nonsense! Here you go!" I said putting it on her. She smiled at me when she saw someone behind me.

         "Soonie-ah..it's him"

I froze.

         "Soo Minnie?" A familiar voice behind me said.

I turned around to see him.

My ex-boyfriend.

Henry Lau.