Family

The Other Side of Cinderella

Myungsoo’s POV

A couple of weeks have passed since the situation at the company. I’ve come back to Korea for the time being. My grandmother decided to be in charge of the company a little longer. I’ve had multiple meetings with her since then about me taking over the company and the future and whether or not we’re going to have the main corporation be in Japan or Korea. The future of where I go is still to be determined.

“Are you sure you want to go here?” I ask Cecelia as I look in the back mirror.

“Yup,” she says nodding her head. “You owe me one anyway.”

I laugh as I continue to drive. This is the first time that I’m able to take her out for her birthday that I had missed. She insisted on me taking her to the restaurant. Allie had to work so she couldn’t come, but that’s alright because I have a couple of things up my sleeve.

“You didn’t want to go anywhere else?” I ask again. Why would she choose to come to such a place?

“I’m sure,” she says. “I like it here.”

“Oh, okay,” I say as I pull into a parking spot.

Cecelia and I walk into the restaurant together and we get escorted to a table. We both sit down and order our food when Woohyun appears. “I heard that you guys were here,” he says with a bright smile. “What brings you guys here?”

“Cecelia’s birthday present,” I say looking at her. “She wanted to come here.”

“Very good choice,” Woohyun says giving his thumbs up to her. “So, did you ask Allie to be your girlfriend yet?” he suddenly asks. I immediately give him a glare and quickly look at Cecelia.

“You’re going to ask unni to be your girlfriend?” she asks. Slowly, I nod my head. “Yay! I’m going to get to see oppa a lot more now.”

“You already see me a lot anyway,” I say reaching over the table and ruffling up her hair a little bit causing her to fix it right away.

“Yeah, but you’ll make unni happy.”

“Cecelia, do you want to help me ask your unni to be my girlfriend?” Excitedly, Cecelia nods her head. “Hyung,” I say turning to Woohyun, “can you help me? You’re good with girls and I have absolutely no idea how to confess to her.”

“Prepare a surprise event,” Woohyun simply says.

“A surprise event? I’ve never prepared a surprise event for anyone before.”

Woohyun rolls his eyes. “Cecelia, this oppa is useless,” he says pointing at me and causing her to laugh.

“Doesn’t someone have to get back to work?” I joke.

“Right, I have to continue making your food,” he says jokingly. “Better watch out what you eat.” Woohyun leaves the room and Cecelia and I are all alone.

“So you’re really going to help me?” I ask Cecelia.

“Yup,” she says nodding her head in a big gesture. “What do you want to be done?”

“Well, let’s wait for Woohyun-oppa one day and we can talk about it. You’re done with school now so I can take you out all the time since Allie is at work.”

“Okay, oppa,” Cecelia says with a smile.

Never have I felt any better than I do now.

 

Allie’s POV

Work at the café is long. I find it the best when there is a rush of some sort. Otherwise, I’m completely bored out of my mind. When there’s a rush, at least I have something to occupy my time with.

“Is something on your mind?” one of my coworkers asks me. We’ve gotten pretty close since our shifts are practically always at the same time. We frequently work with each other.

“I guess you could say,” I say turning around to face her behind the counter.

“Is it something with your little sister?” she asks. “Where does she stay now that school is out?”

“She gets babysat by some of my other friends,” I explain to her.

“I see. Then are you having guy troubles?” I shrug my shoulders. “I thought so.”

“How?” I wonder.

“Well if it’s not your sister, then it would have to be boys. So what’s the boy problem, I could probably help you.” She is right; she probably could help me because she has a lot of experience with boys compared to me who has little to none. I’ve had boyfriends before, but since my parents passed away, I’ve never had times to do anything concerning myself with other guys.

I sigh. “It’s the guy that Cecelia’s with right now.”

“Cecelia’s with him?”

“Yeah,” I say nodding my head. “He was taking her out for her birthday that he missed because of an accident.”

“What happened to him?” she asks curiously.

“He was in the hospital,” I explain to her.

“So you let him watch her? Then he has to like you.”

“Oh, I already know that he likes me,” I say clearing her curious mind now.

“Then what are you concerned with?”

“Well, even though we like each other and we’ve told each other, we’re still not boyfriend and girlfriend.”

“How long ago did you guys confirm your feelings for each other?”

“A couple of weeks?” I ask thinking. “It has to be a couple of weeks, the first day of the incident.”

“Incident? What incident?”

“Yeah, there was an incident. Um, you know that hostage situation that was in Japan before?” I begin. She nods her head yes. “The one that was concerning the Kim Corporations, he was involved in that.”

“Is he on the police force?” I shake my head. “Is him Kim Sunggyu?” I shake my head even harder. “Don’t tell me, it’s Kim Myungsoo himself?” Slowly, I nod my head. “You know Kim Myungsoo?” she asks again.

“Yeah,” I say looking down at the ground.

“And he knows you? And you guys like each other?”

“Um, yeah. I don’t see what the big deal is about him anyway.”

“Big deal? His grandmother is a CEO, his father is a university president, and his mother has her own clothing line. He’s the ideal son for everyone out there.”

“Is he really that big, though??” I ask. I guess I never knew how big Myungsoo’s name was.

“He’s like as big as the universe,” she exclaims.

“Oh, I just treat him like a normal person,” I confess. “I don’t see what’s so great in having money or anything. I just like him for him no matter what else anyone says.”

“That’s courageous of you, I’m jealous, actually,” she confesses with a slight laugh that could be completely out of jealousy.

If people are jealous now because I know Kim Myungsoo, then how would they be in the future?

 

Myungsoo’s POV

Woohyun manages to catch a short break and comes out again. “I don’t know how to confess to her,” I tell the both of them. “I need your creative juices that are flowing through your head right now.”

“Confess to her today,” Woohyun suggests.

“Today?” I ask. “But I don’t have anything to give her, I would have to go out and buy things.” I start naming off things that I would have to do if I were to confess to Allie. Why is Allie making me this way? She’s making me nervous about confessing to her when I used to be fearless. I must really love her.

“Then you’ll just have to buy stuff before her shift if over, you have time, it’s only lunch time and she gets off in the afternoon,” Woohyun tells me.

“Cecelia, would you like to go shopping with me later?” I ask her. “We can pick out some pretty jewelry for your unni and you.” That’s when a sudden idea hits me. “Yes.”

“Yes what?” Woohyun asks.

“I can buy jewelry that the three of us can wear, not only me and Allie, but Cecelia can have one. It’s like we can be a family.”

“Look at Kim Myungsoo already talking about family,” Woohyun mocks.

“Shut up,” I say looking at him. “But how I’m going to confess is the problem, not what I’m going to confess with.”

“Look, we’ll do it after she’s done. We can have Sungyeol pick her up and then he can take her to her apartment, Hoya can be at the apartment and take her to wherever you decide to go,” Woohyun says.

“You know what,” I say looking at him. “You actually don’t have that bad of ideas.”

“I know, I’m smart, there’s no need to do tell me that twice.”

“Get back to work or at least call Hoya and Sungyeol and ask them for me,” I say complaining to him. “Cecelia, do you want to go shopping? I’ll see you later.”

“Yup, I’ll call them and tell them everything,” Woohyun says waving to us as we leave.

I drive to a nearby jewelry store that my mother is used to coming to, so they obviously know my name and who I am. “Cecelia, your job is important here,” I say holding her hand as we enter. “You can pick out whatever you want and you, your unni, and I are going to wear them all of the time, okay?”

“Anything?” she asks with wide eyes.

“Yup, anything,” I tell her. “I’m just going to make a phone call, but feel free to look around; I’ll be following behind you.”

Cecelia starts moving as I dial a phone number. I call the driver of the house in hopes that he’ll be able to help me make the confession even more special with this plan that I thought of.

“Is there something you need, sir?” he asks.

“Please, just call me Myungsoo,” I emphasize.

“Myungsoo, alright,” he says hesitantly. “Why are you calling? Do you need a ride?”

“No, no, I have my car,” I tell him. “I was just wondering if you would be able to do something for me.”

“Of course, anything,” he quickly says.

I explain to him my whole plan while Cecelia calls me over.

“I hope to see that it gets fulfilled by the time,” I tell him.

“It will, nothing but the best. Good luck,” he says.

“Did you find something?” I ask going over to Cecelia.

“This,” she says pointing in a case.

I look in the case and see a beautiful ring that has the word ‘family’ etched into it. “You want this?” I ask pointing at it.

“Yeah, or something like it since it looks like a girl ring and oppa wouldn’t want that,” she says flashing me a smile.

“Excuse me,” I say catching the attention of one of the salespeople. “May I please look at that?” She puts the set of rings up on the counter and I take a closer look at it. “Family,” I whisper to myself as I turn the ring over in my hand.

“Well, if you’re going to be the boyfriend of unni, then we’re going to be family,” Cecelia says. I love her innocence.

“Family,” I whisper to myself again. “We’ll get it,” I say to the salesperson.

“Okay,” she says with a bright smile. “Please follow me this way.”

 

Allie’s POV

My shift at the café finally ends and I’m finally free. I haven’t gotten a text or anything from Cecelia or Myungsoo so I assume that they’re probably still out. I told Myungsoo what time my shift ended so he could keep Cecelia until then because she wouldn’t have anyone to watch over her otherwise.

“Good luck with Myungsoo,” my coworker tells me before I go out the door.

“Ah, thanks,” I say slightly embarrassed. “I’ll try my best.”

As soon as I walk out of the café, I see Sungyeol standing out there with his back leaning up against the car. “Wow, you took a long time to come out,” he comments looking at his watch.

“Are you waiting for me?” I ask looking around.

“No,” he says with sarcasm clearly evident in his voice. “Get in the car.”

“Are you kidnapping me?” I ask.

“Just following orders from the leader,” he says giving me a salute as he opens the door. Figuring that I should just do as I’m told, I get into the car with Sungyeol getting into the driver’s seat.

“Where are we going?” I ask.

“First you’re going to change.”

“Change?” I ask as I look down at my clothes. “Why do I need to change?”

“You’re wearing the café uniform,” he points out. I sigh and decide not to say anything further because he’s just going to say a bunch of more things that I don’t feel like thinking about.

It doesn’t take long for us to pull up to the apartment. “I’ll be down in a couple of minutes,” I tell him. “You can wait here.”

“Okay,” he says nodding his head.

I get out of the car and make my way towards the apartment. Why in the world do I have to change? Did Myungsoo put him up to this? He said that he was doing orders from the leader, so Myungsoo has to be the leader, he just has to be. What is all of this even for anyway?

Going through my closet, I can find nothing that I feel like wearing. Deciding that I should just wear my normal clothes, I finally settle on a pair of jeans and a tied-dyed shirt.

“I’m back,” I say coming out of the apartment building and getting into the passenger’s seat of Sungyeol’s car. “Now can you tell me where we’re going?”

“Um, I’m only following orders,” a different voice says. I look over and see Hoya sitting in the driver’s seat.

“Hoya-oppa?” I ask looking at him. Now I definitely know that Myungsoo is up to this. Just what is he doing?

“At your service,” he says smiling.

“But isn’t this Sungyeol’s car?” I ask.

“Who knows,” he says shrugging his shoulders as he begins to drive to who knows where. “We may have the same car for all of you know.”

“True,” I say looking out the window. “So, where are we going?”

“Somewhere special,” he says without even looking at me. He keeps all of his attention focused on driving. That’s good, but I just want to know where we’re going. I’m not very good with directions so I don’t know where we’re going.

I sigh as I stare out the window. I really want to know what’s going on and I believe that this is being planned by Myungsoo one hundred percent. In the beginning, I didn’t think it was weird that Sungyeol was picking me up at all, but with the sudden switch to Hoya, it’s like putting up a red flag.

“So, oppa, how was your day?” I ask with the intention to make small talk to beak the silence between us.

“It was alright,” he says. “How was yours?”

“Boring as ever,” I complain. “Is Myungsoo-oppa really popular?”

“As in with the general public or girls or what?” he asks.

“Everyone,” I say.

“To some extent,” Hoya says. “Why?”

“Just…my coworker was kind of jealous that I know who he is and that we both have mutual feelings for each other.” I guess I was a little hurt by it, and I guess I still am knowing that everyone really adores him.

“Well let her be jealous because Myungsoo isn’t going to be hers,” he says confidently.

“How do you know?” I ask.

“Because he loves you. He told you that he loves you and he spent months waiting for you. You’re the first girl that he ever confessed to, did you know that?” he asks as the car slowly comes to a halt.

“But I’m sure girls throw themselves at him all of the time.”

“Yeah they do, but he only ever got with them with the intention of sleeping with them and then ditching. He never really felt anything for any of them, but you changed his ways, Allie. For once in his life, besides Uee, but we can forget about her, Myungsoo changed for the better. I thank you.”

“Well, no need to thank me,” I say.

“Here’s your stop,” Hoya says.

“My stop?” I ask looking out the window. “This is Woohyun-oppa’s restaurant.”

“Of course, now go in.”

I do as I’m told and step out of the car and walk into the restaurant where no one other than Woohyun greet me at the door. “Allie, just on time,” he says with a wide smile as he slings his arm around my shoulder.

“Great, now can someone please tell me what’s going on?” I ask.

“Just wait and see, wait and see,” he says as he takes me into the back of the restaurant and through a hallway until I come to a doorway. “Go ahead, open the door,” he urges. I look at Woohyun and sigh as I reach for the handle.

 

Myungsoo’s POV

According to my calculations, Allie should be coming towards here with Woohyun. “Are you okay?” I ask Cecelia who is off to the corner. The room is pitch black and it’s hard to see.

“I’m fine,” her voice calls out. We both go frozen at the sound of the doorknob turning.

“It’s game time,” I whisper.

Allie opens the door and the only light that shines in is from the hallway. The light doesn’t get far and she totally can’t see where I’m standing. “Hello?” she asks, her voice slightly wavering.

“Allie,” I say.

“Myungsoo-oppa,” Allie says attempting to find me in the darkness. I can see her head swivel from side to side. “Where are you?”

“I’m right here,” I say stepping forward.

“I knew you were up to this,” she says with a small smile and laugh.

“Obvious?” I ask and she nods her head.

“Why is it so dark?”

“Do you really want to know?” I ask going closer to her.

“Y-yes,” she says shaking. She must be nervous because I’m approaching her.

“Allie, you’re very special to me,” I begin, “did you know that? There’s something that I wanted to ask you, something very important.”

As I say those words, it’s the cue for Cecelia to press the button. As soon as she presses it, the room lights up with the lights that were assembled by my very trusted driver in the very short amount of time. Cecelia told me that Allie used to like fairy tales but seemed to have lost faith. I want her to find faith in those childhood stories again and believe that her live can turn out just like them. So for that, I requested that there be lights of fairy tale character outlines on the walls. He did just that and it looks amazing. I have to thank him later. Also, Cecelia told me that Allie’s favorite character was Cinderella.

On the back wall there is the outline of the castle and the pumpkin carriage, a whole Cinderella devoted wall with the words written asking Allie to be my girlfriend.

I look at Allie’s face and it looks like it’s in shock and she’s on the verge of tears. “Myungsoo,” she begins.

“Allie, will you be my girlfriend?” I ask. “I love you and I’ve loved you for quite a while. No one can replace you. It feels like I’ve been waiting forever for you to come to me. You helped me through so many times and you’ve changed me for the better. When you and I didn’t see each other anymore, I was torn apart, I didn’t know what to do, and then I saw you again. I saw you when I was in the hospital and it felt like my heart was set on fire. You’re the first and only girl that I ever truly fell for without being forced together with. So will you be my girlfriend?”

Allie looks at me before she slowly nods her head yes. “I…I will,” she softly says.

Quickly, I take her into my arms and hug her as Cecelia comes out. “Unni,” she says holding the box that the three rings are in. “This is for you.”

“For me?” Allie asks wiping her tears away. “How are you here?”

“I helped oppa,” she proudly states.

“What are these?” Allie asks taking out the rings and examining them.

“They’re rings that Cecelia picked out. They have the word family etched onto them.”

“Family?” Allie asks staring at the engraving. On our own individual rings it also has our name.

“Family,” I say nodding my head as I put my arm around Allie’s waist. “We’re a family now. It may not be the best fairy tale ending like Cinderella, but you know, it’s good enough,” I say with a smile. “This is to let everyone know that we’re family. You have one, Cecelia has one, and I have one.”

“We’re a family,” Allie says in disbelief.

“You don’t like it?” I ask her.

“No, I love it,” she says with a bright smile. “I wouldn’t have it any other way.” Slowly, I lean in to kiss Allie. We both hear Cecelia objecting to the kiss, but we can do nothing but smile. She should get used to this from now on if we’re family.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wah, it's over! This is the last official chapter. The next chapter is the extras with a whole bunch of extra stuffs.

 

I haven't created the sequel yet. The title is yet to be determined, that's really the big thing that's holding me up right now. I'm still open to title suggestions, though.

The link will be added into the extras page once I create it, so if you get a random update one day next week sometine, check the very last chapter for the link.

The link is now available in the next chapter.

And I decided that there was going to be a time jump in the sequel, considering that's what won, but only by like 5 votes. The time jump won't be huge, only 1 or 2 years at the most and they won't be married or randomly have children...yet :P

 

But, I just want to thank everyone for reading this fanfiction. In the beginning, I was hesitant on where I actually wanted this story to go and I didn't think that many people would be interested, so I was shocked at how many people were taking interest. I'm glad that you all enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it and throwing ideas together to create this story.

P.S. if you want to know why the story is called 'The Other Side of Cinderella' it's in the next chapter, the extra stuffs chapter.

 

Well, here is the final chapter of 'The Other Side of Cinderella' Chapter 29. I hope you enjoyed :D