The First One

The Other Side of Cinderella

Allie’s POV

I hear Myungsoo as he says that he’s going to come into my room. I quickly throw myself under the covers and act like I’m sleeping before he opens the door. I don’t really feel like talking to him, I don’t really feel like talking to anyone. Why did I talk to Woohyun earlier today then? I have absolutely no idea. For some reason, there’s just this sense of security with Woohyun. Even though I’m living with Myungsoo and I’ve had more talks with him, I still think it to be awkward. Who knows why? I may never know the answer.

The door quietly opens as I’m guessing Myungsoo looks inside. I can’t open my eyes to stare at the door or else he’ll know that I’m faking and he’ll want to talk to me. Am I afraid to hear the unedited version of the story?

“Oh, you’re sleeping,” I hear Myungsoo say to himself sounding a bit deflated. “I wanted to tell you the whole story.” I feel the edge of the bed sink down as he probably sits on it. I still act to look like I’m sleeping comfortably. It doesn’t take much for Myungsoo to be tricked.

“Allie,” he says as he touches the side of my face. Why is he touching the side of my face? I attempt to keep calm while he’s touching my face, but I will admit that it is difficult and I still can’t get the memory of Sunggyu out of my mind, so the feeling makes me shutter a bit. I attempt to make it not that noticeable. Thankfully, Myungsoo’s too preoccupied in his thoughts to notice anything. “I’m sorry for lying to you about the whole story and I wanted to tell you, but you’re asleep. You’re even pretty when you’re sleep,” he mutters. Wait, did he just say that I’m pretty? If only I weren’t fake sleeping right now.

Well, what would I do? Am I happy because he said that I’m pretty? He’s probably used that on a thousand of other girls, so why should now be any different?

“What have you done to Kim Myungsoo?” I hear Myungsoo ask himself. “The boy who doesn’t do anything for anybody, I’m suddenly doing everything for you.” I feel the whole bed next to me sink down. Is he lying next to me? He has his own room, why is Myungsoo invading my bed? Well, it is really his bed, but it doesn’t matter, it’s mine temporarily.

I feel Myungsoo’s arms wrap around me as he pulls me close. What does this guy think he’s doing? Does he not realize that I’m mad at him? “I can only do this while you’re sleeping,” Myungsoo whispers. “I’m such a bad boy, aren’t I?” I attempt to keep my breathing steady, but with him this close to me, it makes it difficult. Not only because of what happened between us before, as in with the kissing, but also because of what happened recently because of Sunggyu. I’m uncomfortable right now, but I’m supposed to be sleeping, I can’t really do anything about this right now. “Allie, you’re more than a toy to me, you were never a toy to begin with. I don’t know why you think that. Maybe it’s because of that picture, but believe me when I say that that girl in that picture is crazy, I don’t even know her, she forced herself upon me. I don’t like her. I like you.”

Wait a minute. Did Kim Myungsoo just say that he likes me?

I feel his breath near my cheek as his soft lips touch it. “I like you Allie. You made me into a fool once again. After I vowed never to like someone else again, you came along. I just have trouble expressing my feelings; I hope you can understand for the time being.”

He likes me, Myungsoo likes me? Do I like him back? Yes, Myungsoo makes me frustrated sometimes, but when we were kissing, he made me feel special. Whenever I’m with him, I can’t help but feel my heart start to race, maybe I do like him.

“Myungsoo,” I mutter in an attempt to make it look like I’m still sleeping.

“Hmm?” Myungsoo asks moving some of my hair out of my face. My eyes are still closed and I’m doing my best to make it look like I’m sleep talking.

“I like you,” I mutter as I move my position a little to make it more realistic.

I wish I could see Myungsoo’s face, but if I open my eyes, then he would know that I’ve been faking the whole time. What should I do?

 

Myungsoo’s POV

“I like you,” Allie states as she moves around a little in her sleep. I just stare at her with my mouth halfway hanging open. Is this real? Is Allie really saying that she likes me? But she’s sleeping, right? Unless she’s faking…

This thought suddenly dawns upon me as I stare at Allie more. I’ve slept in the same room as she has before and she doesn’t normally talk during her sleep and she doesn’t normally breathe like that and she doesn’t get tense when I touched her before, but she is today. Allie could be faking her sleep; does she not want me in her room? Should I play a little joke on her since I know she’s faking? I don’t think I should. She’s probably already mad enough at me; why else would she be fake sleeping?

But does that mean that she still likes me? Why else would she mutter that after I already said something about liking her when I thought she was sleeping? “Allie, are you joking?” I ask. “I hope you’re not.” Like the true fake sleeper she is, she doesn’t move. I bet she’s dying to see how my face looks like and I bet she wanted to know what it looked like when she said that she liked me. “I’m really true about my feelings,” I comment since I know now that she can hear every word I say. “It’s the first time I’ve ever confessed to a girl, you should feel special.”

I pick myself up off of the bed and make my way towards the playroom where Cecelia and Sungyeol most likely are. I just slump on the couch in the room while Sungyeol and Cecelia are playing their tea time. I can’t believe that Sungyeol has a dress on. He must really like playing with Cecelia.

“Cecelia,” I say with my eyes closed.

“Yes oppa?” she asks.

“Does your sister like playing tricks on people?” I open my eyes and watch as Cecelia shakes her head. “She doesn’t?” I ask surprised. If Allie doesn’t like playing tricks, then why did she pretend to be asleep when I entered the room? Does she just not want to talk to me? Does she just want to avoid me? Is it because of the picture that she saw? It’s so frustrating. I’ve never been ignored in my life by another girl. Normally they always want to talk to me, they would never play tricks on me. I play tricks on them. This time it’s the other way around.

Why is it always the other way around with Allie? She made me fall for her so much that I had to confess to her when I thought she was sleeping, but turns out she wasn’t. And now she’s playing tricks on me. Allie, what are you doing to my mind?

“I’m going out for a little,” I comment to Sungyeol, but it’s not like he’s even paying attention. He’s too busy adjusting his dress. “Please keep it appropriate,” I say going over and hitting him on the head.

“Why did you hit your hyung?” he complains.

“I’m going out, watch Cecelia, okay?” I ask. “Allie is sleeping,” I say stressing the word, but neither of them notice.

“Sure,” Sungyeol says.

“Cecelia, you’re going to be a good girl, right?” I ask.

“Of course,” she says with a smile.

“That’s it,” I say smiling right back at her. “If your unni asks where I am, just say that I stepped out.” Cecelia gives me a thumbs up before I leave the room to go out. I need to clear my mind for a little bit. I don’t know where I’m going for right now, but that doesn’t matter, fresh air seems very appealing right now.

 

Allie’s POV

I make sure that Myungsoo’s left before I open my eyes. Is he saying the truth about everything? He’s not lying, right? He’s never confessed to another girl before? Well, I guess the girls would have always confessed to him so he never had a reason to. Even I told him that I liked him, but that was afterwards. Does he think that I was lying? Does he think that I only said it in my sleep? Why does this situation have to be so confusing?

I bury my face in my pillow. I don’t know what to do anymore. Myungsoo likes me, or so he says. He hasn’t done one good job showing me that he likes me at all. I venture out of my room with my crutches and make my way downstairs, but I stop dead in my tracks when I see the sight before me. “Uee,” I whisper knowing that she probably can’t hear me, more likely she won’t hear me since her face is up against Myungsoo’s. He left to come down here to go back to Uee. Doesn’t she have Sunggyu or is that just fake? The whole story was a lie, right? No one really stole anyone, no one was getting married to anyone, it was all a lie. Right?

I come downstairs just to get something to eat and this is the sight I see. I attempt to run away, but with my crutches I fail miserably. Thankfully, though, it seems that Myungsoo and Uee didn’t hear me at all. I don’t know how they didn’t, though. That’s all Kim Myungsoo is. He’s just a playboy and I’m his current toy…until Uee comes back, then it’s Uee all of the time. If he really loves her like they all said that he did, then why did he say that he likes me? So I can be a toy, the rebound person?

Watching Uee and Myungsoo, I get a little shocked when Myungsoo suddenly pushes Uee off of him. I thought they were doing this because they both wanted to. “Get off,” Myungsoo commands using what I like to call his strong voice. It’s the voice that he uses when he really wants something to be done.

“Oppa,” I hear Uee say in her disgusting voice as she attempts to get closer to Myungsoo, but Myungsoo stands up and I hide myself deeper to prevent myself from being noticed. “I thought you wanted that.”

“First you come over to my house unannounced and then you kiss me? Do you think I wanted any of that?”

“Oppa, but I love you.”

“No you don’t,” Myungsoo says forcefully.

“How are you so sure of who I love and who I don’t?” she asks standing up from the couch.

“Even if you did, I don’t love you.”

“Impossible, oppa,” Uee says, “you’ve loved me for four years. How can you just throw it away?” It seems like she’s not believing a word that he says and neither am I. As much as I don’t want to admit it, she does have a good point.

“I found someone else,” he states as he moves away from her. “I found someone that can erase those four miserable years with you.”

“Is it that Allie girl?” Uee asks with disgust. It’s like just saying my name is a curse for her.

“What does it matter? You’re the one that left me and now you’re saying that you love me? A year is a very long time.”

“I know it is, oppa. That’s when I realized that I loved you.”

“And that’s when I realized that I didn’t,” Myungsoo says as he heads towards the door. “Now if you don’t excuse me, I have somewhere to go.”

I watch as Myungsoo leaves out the front door. Uee still stands in the living room and I debate in my head whether or not I should move. If I move, Uee will see me and most likely take out her temper tantrum on me with no one around to help me.

Peeking my head out of the side, I see Uee as she looks over around the room. I see her take a good look of it before she finally leaves through the front door. Seeing that she’s gone, I make my way to the kitchen to finally get my destined food.

 

Myungsoo’s POV

I make my way towards my favorite restaurant. With any luck, Woohyun should be working and the restaurant shouldn’t be that busy, yet. If I’m lucky enough, Woohyun will talk to me.

“Hello, sir,” the waitress says before bringing me to a table. Since I visited this place so frequently, there’s never a need to introduce myself or to state my name. Everyone here automatically knows me. Even the new workers know who I am thanks to their training. I guess I’m part of the training process. I don’t even need a menu since I order the same thing without fail. “Your food will be brought shortly.”

“Ah, and can you bring Woohyun out, too?” I ask.

“Sure,” the waitress says before leaving.

I stare around the room. Somehow, I feel loneliness, but that’s nothing new. It’s just the first time that I’ve felt loneliness here. My parents were never around before to do anything, just like they’re never around now. I’m completely used to it, but with Allie here, she makes it feel like no one’s alone in the world. Even if she doesn’t like people who have everything handed to them, I’m going to try my best. I mean, she’s already been my friend despite not liking those types of people, but that’s only since I proved the typical stereotype wrong. Now I’m proving it in every way, though. It’s getting hard to make her believe the words that I say. Woohyun is good with girls, he should know what I need to do.

“You called?” I hear Woohyun ask as he enters the room with some food.

“Yeah, I did,” I say looking at him. “I need your help.”

“With?”

“How do you get a girl to talk to you who wants nothing to do with you?” I confess.

“I don’t know whether to be hurt by that statement,” Woohyun says with really bad acting. “Is it Allie?” I slowly nod my head. “Just give her time.”

“Time? I thought you were the one that said she wanted to hear the whole story.”

“She does, but maybe she just says that she does. Maybe she’s not mentally ready to know what happened. Did you ever think that maybe she likes you just as much?”

“She muttered it in her sleep, but I’m pretty sure that she was fake sleeping,” I mutter under my breath.

“Look, I don’t know what problems you and Allie are going through specifically, but just give her some time and show her that you’re a good guy. Show her that you’re the guy from middle school, the guy before Uee, the guy who was always nice and considerate and showed a smile.”

“That’s hard to do when the person you like isn’t happy with you.”

“Of course it’s hard, who ever said that it’s easy?” Woohyun asks. He has a good point there. “Look, if you really like her, and I know that you do, which is why I’m stepping aside, for now,” he says staring me down, “then you have to make an effort towards showing her that you like her.”

“Buying her things?” I ask. “That wins over all of the other girls.”

“How long is it going to take you to realize that Allie isn’t like other girls?” Woohyun asks. “I don’t know much about her background, but it looks like she never had a lot, she never had as much as you and me, so material things don’t matter that much to her. Of course they’re nice, but they don’t really make her happy. You probably know more about her than I do, Myungsoo, so you can determine what makes her happy.”

“Cecelia does,” I say as I attempt to think, “and just being together with everyone. Family is important, too.”

“See, that’s good.”

“But I don’t know any of those things,” I confess. “Cecelia is the first girl that I’ve looked after and being together with everyone and being a family? I don’t know how to do that.”

“Then learn…with Allie,” Woohyun says with a laugh. “No, but I’m serious, the things that you normally do for girls aren’t going to help you this time. You need to do something that a normal boyfriend would do. That’s nothing like taking your girlfriend to see the various sights of the world or to the most expensive and famous restaurant or even buying the most expensive thing in the world. If you say that those are things that Allie likes, then use them to your advantage. Plan a day to spend together, the three of you, something like that.” Woohyun looks at his watch. “I have to get going. Orders are probably piling up back there.”

“Okay,” I say as he turns to leave. “Thanks.” Woohyun doesn’t say anything, but just puts his hand up.

I think about what Woohyun said. I should use what Allie likes and win over her heart that way, if I don’t already have it. Does she like me? Are her words sincere? After that night, we haven’t really talked about it. Could it be that we’re both awkward because we both liked it? Well of course we would’ve liked it or otherwise we wouldn’t have done it.

Planning a family outing doesn’t sound too bad. What do I know about family outings, though? Plus it’s exam time, but after that we’ll have some time off. I could take Cecelia and Allie out then. We could go to the beach or something fun and family-like. Amusement park? Would Allie and Cecelia enjoy going to an amusement park?

 

Allie’s POV

I make my way to the playroom to see if Cecelia is there. I haven’t seen her for quite a while and I’m missing her. I go into the room and see Sungyeol lying on the ground with Ceceila on top of him in a white coat. “Patient Sungyeol, if you don’t stop moving, you’re going to die,” I hear Cecelia complain. I laugh as I enter the room. “Unni,” she says running over and hugging me.

“Hello,” I tell her.

“Oppa said that he went out for a little bit.”

“Out?” I ask still remembering the incident I saw downstairs. “Oh, okay. What are you guys doing here?”

“I’m—,” Sungyeol begins.

“Shh,” Cecelia says cutting him off by putting her hand over his mouth. “You’re in surgery; you’re not allowed to talk.” Upon hearing that he’s in surgery, Sungyeol immediately quiets up, much to my enjoyment and amusement of him getting bullied by a six-year-old. “I’m the doctor and he’s the patient.”

“Sounds like you’re having fun,” I say as I sit down onto the couch and put my crutches next to me.

I spend a little time watch them until my phone goes off in my pocket. I open it and look at it and scoff at the name.

 

Please meet me at the park.

Myungsoo

 

Now he wants me to meet him? Doesn’t he know that I’m injured? The park does sound nice, though.

“Hey, Cecelia,” I say looking at her. This time, Sungyeol is the bad guy and Cecelia is the cop. “Do you want to go play at the park?”

“Am I invited?” Sungyeol asks immediately coming out of his hiding place, causing Cecelia to see him and immediately capture him. Yells and screams from both Sungyeol and Cecelia, although I can’t differentiate who was screaming what sounds, until they both settle down.

“Sure,” I say nodding my head. “I don’t see why not. Cecelia, why don’t you change your clothes into your play clothes and we can get going?”

“Okay,” Cecelia says getting up off of the Sungyeol and running towards her room. This gives me alone time with Sungyeol, it’s quite awkward.

“Why are we suddenly going to the park?” Sungyeol asks.

“Myungsoo’s asked me to meet him there.”

“Then are you sure that it’s okay that we’re coming along?”

“I’m sure it’s fine,” I tell him. “You can just keep playing with Cecelia and with the other children on the playground. I don’t know what he wants to say to me.”

“Are you okay, Allie?” Sungyeol suddenly asks.

“Yeah, why?” I ask.

“You just…I don’t know,” he says shaking his head. “It just seemed like something was bothering you.”

“Oh,” I say as we look at each other for a couple of awkward seconds until Cecelia comes back into the room.

“Let’s go,” she says looking at Sungyeol and me.

“Let’s go,” Sungyeol and I both say at the same time before we head off to the park.

At this time of the day, the park is full of smaller children running around and playing and making new friends. I love parks. They just seem so peaceful and it’s somewhere where the whole family can be together. After my parents died, I didn’t really take Cecelia anywhere that reminded me of them, but I realized that I was only hurting her in the end and that she would probably want to know what Mom and Dad were like. I began taking her to parks and other places for her enjoyment and she really did like them.

Walking in the park with my crutches, I immediately spot Myungsoo waiting on a bench. Sungyeol and Cecelia immediately go away to play and I hobble to make my way over. Halfway through, Myungsoo comes over and offers his hand in help. I take it since it would’ve taken me much longer to actually make my way over all by myself.

“Why did you call me here?” I ask.

“You brought Sungyeol and Cecelia?” he asks looking at them.

“Yes, is that a problem for you?” I can’t help but ask.

“No, not at all.”

“So why am I here?”

“Do you like me?” Myungsoo suddenly asks.

“What are you talking about?” I ask avoiding eye contact with him. I attempt to put my focus on something else on the playground. I finally find Sungyeol and Cecelia and look at them for a little bit.

“Are you sure you don’t like me?” Myungsoo asks again. Why is he so intent on asking me? Why is my heart racing every time I hear him say those words?

 

Myungsoo’s POV

Allie’s trying to avoid the question, but I’m going to get her to confess. It’s now or never. Kim Myungsoo isn’t leaving until he gets an answer.

I suddenly reach out and hug Allie, I feel her stiffen at the contact and from the shock. “Do you like me now?” I ask. Like I predicted, she still doesn’t answer. “Well, I like you. What I said while you were sleeping is true. I like you and only you. You’re the first person and only person I’ll ever confess to.” I hope Allie doesn’t hear my heartbeat.

“Myungsoo,” she begins.

“Allie,” I say looking at her after I pull away from our hug. It was the best hug I’ve ever had, even if Allie didn’t like it that much.

“I don’t know,” she whispers. “I don’t know.”

“Well, how about I change your mind?” I ask.

“What are you going to do?” she asks suddenly getting defensive.

“No, I’m not going to do whatever you’re thinking of,” I say laughing at the comment. “Although I don’t know why you’re even thinking of that.” I see her relax a little, but not too much. “I’m going to tell you everything. You get to know the whole story about Infinite, about high school, and about Uee. Maybe you’ll see me differently then.”

Hopefully, if this goes the way that I plan, Allie, you will fall in love with me after the story.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the real story about Myungsoo, about Infinite, about Uee, and about Sunggyu? The next chapter, and maybe the next one after that, are going to be set in the past instead of having long paragraphs explaining the story. How is Allie going to react to hearing the story? What is she going to think? Is the paln going to work for Myungsoo like he thinks? Is he going to be able to convince Allie that he's really not a bad guy?

 

Chapter 13 is done. Hope you enjoyed :D