I Love You

The Other Side of Cinderella

Allie’s POV

Woohyun and I finally arrived in Japan. Before we even checked into a hotel, Woohyun rented a car and we made our way to the hospital. “Sleep,” Woohyun says as he’s driving.

“Why?” I ask.

“You didn’t sleep on the flight at all. You don’t want Myungsoo to see you exhausted do you?”

I sigh and look at him. “I’m not tired,” I state as I look out the window. I have too much on my mind to be able to go to sleep. I’m probably exhausted, which is why I don’t feel tired anymore. I’ll sleep once I know Myungsoo is alright.

Woohyun grabs my hand and I let him. I don’t push him away. Somehow it feels comforting at the time that I’m freaking out right now. “He’ll be alright, Allie,” Woohyun whispers. “Don’t let those bad thoughts penetrate your mind. Think positively okay?”

“Okay,” I say nodding my head as sleep starts overwhelming me.

I open my eyes to Woohyun shaking me. “Allie, wake up,” he says lightly.

“How long was I asleep for?” I ask.

“As long as it took us to get here,” he announces.

I follow Woohyun out of the car and go to the hospital. “Do you know how to speak Japanese?” I ask him.

“Enough to get me by,” he says. “I used to come here on vacation when I was younger with Myungsoo. He would frequently come to visit his grandmother.”

We see a lot of press outside of the hospital and I figure that it’s because of the shooting. They must be there to visit Myungsoo or his grandmother. I’m guessing that his grandmother is in the hospital. I don’t remember hearing any news on her so I don’t know what to expect.

Woohyun and I manage to enter without much trouble because no one knows that we’re here for Myungsoo. I wonder if the inside will be just as crazy attempting to keep people away from him.

Woohyun goes to the front desk and talks in Japanese to the woman before coming back to me. “What did you say?” I ask him.

“I asked her if she could request that we could see Myungsoo. Without his permission, or at least someone’s, I don’t think we’ll be able to get in to see him that easily.”

“But if he’s unconscious or in surgery,” I say, “then who would be the one to do it?”

“His parents,” Woohyun says gesturing with his head over to where a man and a woman stand talking on the phone.

I look over and recognize the people as Myungsoo’s parents. Even though I only saw them briefly, I remember their appearance. I don’t think they would remember me, though. They look busy, though. Are they always this busy with their work all of the time?

“Um, I think she’s calling for you,” I say to Woohyun. He goes back over to the counter to the nurse that was calling him. I sit on the side patiently waiting for Woohyun to come back.

Over this time, I’ve developed a dislike of hospitals and doctors. Just all of the experiences that I’ve had in them piles up to be more negative experiences than positive.

After a while, Woohyun finally comes back. “What did they say?” I ask.

“We’re allowed to go see him.”

“And you said that his parents were the one that had to approve it?” I ask.

“Well, I think so. Why?”

“They haven’t moved,” I say. “I’ve been watching them the entire time and no one’s come up to them and they haven’t moved. Who else could’ve granted us permission to see him?”

“Beats me, but let’s go while we’re allowed,” Woohyuns ays offering his hand. I take it as I’m being led to the room. I’m totally going to be expecting the worst.

 

Myungsoo’s POV

The phone rings in the hospital room. “Hello?” I ask picking it up.

“Mr. Kim, there are some people that want to visit you.”

“Who are they?” I ask wondering who would want to visit me. It’s probably some reporters or something, they’re very annoying. Half of them are here for me and the other half are here because of my grandmother. She’s just getting a checkup to see if anything was broken after what Sunggyu apparently put her through. He’s going through police questioning right now.

“Someone by the name of Woohyun and Allie.” At the sound of their names I nearly drop the phone. “Sir, sir?” the woman repeats. “Are they allowed in?”

“Y-yeah,” I manage to stutter. “They’re allowed in.” A couple of minutes later, the door to the hospital room opens. “Hey guys,” I happily greet.

“Hey Myungsoo,” Woohyun says casually before he stares at me. “Wait, you’re not…you’re awake?” he asks surprised.

I smile. “Yup. I was treated right after, and you guys are like three hours after.” I look at Allie who just stares at me. Why are they here? Did they miss me? I want to ask so many questions, but I hold myself back. Now isn’t the time to be bombarding them with questions.

“But how?” Allie asks looking at me like I’m a ghost.

“It was just a small penetration through my abdomen region,” I say pointing to the slightly visible bandages from my small surgery. “I also had a protective vest on. I didn’t get shot that badly. I’m okay,” I say with a smile, but I can see how upset Allie is. She must’ve really thought that something bad had really happened to me.

“You bad person,” she says as tears start rolling down her face. I’m kind of taken aback by her words. “You bad person,” she just keeps repeating over and over.

“Allie,” I say looking at her. If she were close to me, I would reach out and hug her, but because I’m confined to the bed for now and since she’s standing at the foot of it, I can’t reach her, I can’t touch her. I feel my heart go soft as I look at her while she’s crying.

I want to tell her to stop crying, I want to reassure her that everything will be alright, but then even, even I don’t know what the future holds for us. I don’t know why they’re here. They’re probably together anyway. Woohyun was free to go after Allie once I disappeared from the picture and he probably went after her.

“Um, I’ll leave you guys alone,” Woohyun says sensing the awkward atmosphere. “It’s nice knowing that you’re alright, though. I’ll inform the other guys.”

“Okay,” I say nodding to Woohyun. “Thanks.”

“No problem,” he says as he leaves. Now it’s only me and Allie on the room.

 

Allie’s POV

Tears are uncontrollably falling down my face. How could Myungsoo have gotten me worried like that? But at least he’s safe, that’s the good thing. I was so worried, though.

“Allie, I didn’t mean to worry you,” Myungsoo says. “Pull up that chair and sit down.” Myungsoo gestures over to where there is a chair in the corner. Slowly, I walk over to it and bring it a bit closer to the hospital bed, but keeping a safe distance away. “Sorry I wasn’t there for Cecelia’s birthday,” he apologizes first, probably creating small talk.

“At least you called her. She was happy and she sees you every once in a while so it’s not as bad,” I tell him. I can’t even look at his face. Is this what love feels like?

“Yeah,” he says lightly chuckling, but then he groans in pain.

“Are you alright? Are you hurt anywhere?” I anxiously ask looking at me.

“You do still care,” he says smiling to himself. “And I’m fine. It’s just when I laugh, my stomach hurts since that was where the bullet went through.”

“Oh,” I say nodding.

“But it’s nice to know that you still care about me.”

“How could I not?” I ask.

“Well, I thought you would’ve forgotten about me.”

“I could never forget about you,” I whisper.

“You’re still wearing the necklace I gave you,” he says pointing at it. I guess he really didn’t hear what I said before. “So, how is your relationship going?” he asks folding his hands in front of himself.

“Relationship?” I ask confused.

“Your relationship with Woohyun-hyung, is going along well? I’m pretty sure that he confessed to you, right?”

“How did you,” I begin, but Myungsoo cuts me off.

“I just know,” he responds. “So, how is life having Woohyun-hyung as your boyfriend?”

Boyfriend? Is this what Myungsoo means? He thinks that Woohyun is my boyfriend doesn’t he.

“I’m not dating anyone,” I tell him looking him right in his eye.

“You’re not?” he asks utterly surprised.

“I’m not,” I say.

“But you two came here together,” he says pointing towards the door.

“Because Sungyeol-oppa told us to come here together.”

“But you said that he confessed.”

“He did,” I say nodding my head. “But that doesn’t necessarily mean that I accepted.” Myungsoo’s head nods in understanding.

“Why didn’t you accept?” he asks with curiosity.

I shrug my shoulders. “I didn’t know at the time, but I think I realize now.”

“And what is that?”

“I think I’m in love with someone.”

“Are you, that’s great,” he says putting a thumbs up.

“You aren’t going to ask who?”

 

Myungsoo’s POV

I want to ask who. I want to ask her who she is in love with, who has gotten her heart. Is it Sungyeol? Is it Hoya? If it’s not Woohyun, then is it someone that I don’t know? I’m afraid that I won’t be able to take it. Good thing we’re in the hospital or else I would be in major trouble.

Over the time that Allie and I have spent apart, my love for her remained true. Whenever another girl would attempt to get with me, I’d be too consumed with alcohol to even recognize it and would end up doing things that I now regret. I regret them because Allie is now by my side. Even if we aren’t together, I don’t even know what our relationship status is at this point, she somehow has the power to make me regret all of the bad things that I’ve ever done.

“Who?” I manage to whisper.

“You,” she says leaning closer.

“What?” I ask my eyes going wide with surprise.

“I think I love you.”

I stare at her. Is she really telling the truth? Allie really loves me? “Allie,” I begin.

“I didn’t know that I loved you before,” Allie quickly says before I have any time to object or ask questions. “You were always by my side; you always made me feel comforted. At first I thought it was out of pure kindness, but when the acts kept repeating and you kept saving me all of the time, I realized that maybe these were more than acts of kindness. When I heard that you were shot, I didn’t know what to do. I was in complete shock. I guess it was that moment that I realized that I have loved you all this time.”

“Allie, I love you,” I quickly say. “This separation has made me love you even more than I already have. I honestly do.”

I smile at Allie and she smiles back at me. “I’m going to go get Woohyun-oppa now.”

I watch her as she leaves the hospital room to go out and get him. Even though we confirmed our love for each other, that doesn’t necessarily mean that Allie is my girlfriend. We just know that we love each other. I don’t know what the future has for us right now, but I know that I really like this place that we’re at. I am planning on making Allie my girlfriend, but I don’t know when it will be. I’m content with her just loving me.

“Ay, I knew this would happen,” Woohyuns says as soon as he enters the room.

“Hyung, you knew what?” I ask.

“I knew you would get all giddy,” he smirks. Well, I guess he does know a thing or two with girls.

“Where’s Allie?” I ask looking around.

“She thought that I should have a talk with you one-on-one since you and her talked privately.”

“Okay,” I say nodding my head. “So, what do you want to talk about?”

“Make her your girlfriend,” Woohyun says. He’s straight to the point. “Ask Allie to be your girlfriend, she loves you not me. She rejected my confession; actually, I never gave her the chance to answer. I just played it off as a joke.”

“Why?” I ask. “She probably would’ve agreed.”

“Because I know that she doesn’t love me. She loves you. It was only ever you in her heart. She just needed the accident and you being in the hospital to prove to her that she loves you. She was hesitant of her feelings, I mean, I wouldn’t blame her. You guys haven’t had contact in a while besides for Cecelia. She loves you; I know she does, so make her your girlfriend.”

“But hyung,” I say before he goes out to bring Allie back into the room. “I’ve never asked a girl to be my girlfriend before.”

“Looks like we have some work to do,” Woohyun sighs as he sits down in the chair that Allie sat in.

 

Allie’s POV

I sit out in the hallway in the hospital as Woohyun and Myungsoo have their talk. I don’t know what they’re talking about and I don’t really care. I’m still shaking since I confessed to Myungsoo, it’s something that happens when I get nervous.

Why was I so nervous to tell Myungsoo my true feelings? I already knew that he loved me back since he confessed to me before. I guess since it’s the first time I’ve loved since my mother and father passed away that it’s a bit nerve-wracking. Even if Myungsoo didn’t ask me to be his girlfriend, it’s probably going to come sooner or later. Will I be able to be happy with him?

I think back to all of the memories that we’ve had. I remember meeting him for the first time when he knocked into me at the café. That isn’t really the first time that I met him, but I didn’t recognize him when we first met, so I’ll make the café our first meeting. It was the first meeting of this new relationship between us and I’m happy for it.

“Long time no see,” a familiar voice says. I turn and see Uee standing there. “No need for common greetings,” she says as she takes a seat next to me.

“What are you doing here?” I ask.

“I’m on vacation. I bet the mothers of the other children are talking bad about me?” she asks. I slowly nod my head. “I figured, but I needed a break. Too many things happened.”

“How did you know that I was here?”

“I didn’t,” she replies simply. “I just thought I’d come visit Myungsoo and then here you were sitting here alone. I thought I’d come and say hello.”

“Well, thanks,” I say not really knowing what else to say. “Woohyun-oppa is in there right now talking to him. I’m just waiting out here.”

“Ah, okay,” she says nodding her head.

“Um, I don’t mean to be rude, but is it true that you and Sunggyu broke up?” I ask.

Slowly, Uee nods her head yes. “I bet everyone already knows about that, too?”

“Well, the mothers were talking about it,” I confess. “I just wanted to ask you whether you did or not.”

“We’re broken up and we have been for quite a while. I heard what he did today,” she quietly says. “I honestly didn’t know that he and Myungsoo were half-brothers. I didn’t know anything about their relationship between them.” I nod my head as she continues talking. “Back then, when I was supposed to get married to Myungsoo, I was immature, completely. Every night I went out partying and every night I practically cheated on Myungsoo, but he was and still is a good guy. He never questioned me; he let me live my life. I don’t know why though. It wasn’t until we were about to get married that he finally got mad at me. I guess I overstepped the line by being with Sunggyu.” Uee bitterly laughs. “It doesn’t matter, I had it coming. Don’t let him go,’ she says looking at me.

“What?” I ask.

“Don’t let Myungsoo go, he’s a good guy. Even if he has a player attitude on, he’s still kindhearted on the inside. He worries more than he should and he’s also a complete clean freak.” I chuckle at the last statement. “When he loves someone, he wants the best and he really loves them with all of his heart. Treasure it, okay?” Uee gets up from the bench and starts walking towards the elevator.

“You aren’t going to speak with him?” I ask gesturing towards the door.

“No,” she says shaking her head after thinking about it for a while. “Tell him that I said hello and to keep in touch, okay?”

“Okay,” I say nodding.

Uee flashes a smile before she steps in the elevator and goes down.

“Allie, you alright?” Woohyun asks popping his head out of the door.

“Yeah,” I say getting knocked out of my daze and looking at him.

“Well, you can come back in now.”

“Okay.”

 

Myungsoo’s POV

Woohyun comes back in with Allie. “How long are you guys going to stay here?” I ask them.

“For a little bit,” Woohyun says. “We’re renting a hotel room.”

“What about Cecelia?” I ask remembering about the now seven-year-old.

“She’s under the watchful eye of Sungyeol-oppa and Hoya-oppa,” Allie says.

“That’s good,” I say nodding my head.

I keep thinking about what Woohyun told me every time I look at Allie. I can’t believe that she was getting judged today just because she’s taking care of Cecelia alone. Do those mothers not know that their parents passed away? Soon enough they’re going to be jealous. I’ll make sure that everyone is jealous of Allie. Maybe I won’t flaunt around my wealth like everyone else does. I’ll just show them that even without parents, Allie, Cecelia, and I have a loving relationship no matter what.

“When do you get released?” Woohyun asks.

“I’m not entirely sure,” I say thinking about it. “I guess it might take a while for me to get back to Korea. Are you guys going to leave before then?”

“Maybe,” Woohyun says.

“I still have my job,” Allie quietly says.

“It’s okay. I’ll be back to Korea soon enough,” I announce with a broad smile.

“Why did you come here in the first place?” Woohyun asks.

I look at him. Should I tell them the real reason why I’m here? It wouldn’t do any more damage if I told them, right?

“I wanted to find Sunggyu,” I tell them. “But not to do anything bad. I wanted to apologize. I attempted to find him in Korea but it didn’t work. I went to Sungjong and asked him where Sunggyu is and he told me Japan. I wanted to apologize for my parents and my grandmother, but this is the situation that we ended up in.”

“How is your grandmother?” Woohyun asks.

“She’s alright,” I say nodding my head. “At least she should be, but I think she’s retiring soon.”

“Retiring?” Allie asks.

“She’s probably going to retire from being the CEO of the company,” I explain. I don’t think Allie fully understands the business world, but that’s alright. Even I don’t understand its full extent.

“So when she gives it up, or rather, retires, what’s going to happen to it?” Allie asks.

I think about her question. What is going to happen to the company? My grandmother always said that it was probably going to be mine in the future, so it really going to be mine? Will I have to move to Japan?

“I think it’ll be mine,” I whisper.

“Does that mean that you’ll have to move to Japan?” Allie asks saddened by the news. I completely understand why she’s sad.

Since the company is based in Japan, and if I become the CEO I might have to move to Japan in order to be in charge of the company like my grandmother. If I leave Korea, I leave Allie and Cecelia behind. After all of this work that we did to get to the point where we are.

“Maybe,” I sadly respond looking at Woohyun and Allie’s sad faces.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is going to happen with Myungsoo's grandmother? Will Myungsoo take over the company? How will Myungsoo ask Allie to become his girlfriend?

 

Only one more chapter left! Only one more chapter left until the end of this!

I'm going to miss writing this story, but there's always the sequel.

But if you have any title ideas for the sequel don't be afraid to tell me.

Or if you have any songs that you thought of while you were reading this, don't be afraid to tell me those, too.

 

Here is Chapter 28. Hope you enjoyed :D

In the next chapter, this story will come to a close.

 

Vote in the poll! Having a time jump is in the lead right now.