Just For You

The Other Side of Cinderella

Myungsoo’s POV

I come home to an empty house, well, of course it’s empty. Allie’s probably held up in her room because of that stupid text message. Why does Sungyeol always have the worst timing out there? It’s like he always ruins every moment that I attempt to have with people, but he doesn’t even notice what he’s doing half of the time.

I look at Cecelia on my back and can’t help but feel a little thankful towards her. “If it wasn’t for you,” I whisper as I put her up into her bed. “Then I would’ve never really had a conversation with your sister. I’m thankful.” I tuck Cecelia in as she moves around a little. I should change her out of her clothes, but I don’t think that as a male, I should be doing that. But how else am I going to have a daughter? I’m going to have to change her clothes then?

After debating about it for a while, I decide to just let her go in what she’s wearing now and head off to my own room. It’s not like I even decided to stay that late at that place. Cecelia just got so carried away…so maybe Cecelia and I got carried away with playing. I didn’t know that they made those types of places for kids nowadays. They’re so lucky. When I was younger I had to go to every event that my parents planned for me. I had no real time to be a kid, it was Myungsoo do this and Myungsoo do that. What else did I start Infinite in high school?

Infinite, I don’t even want to think about that.

I walk over to my bed and just collapse onto it without even changing my clothes.

“Wake up oppa,” I hear a small voice say. I turn over and see Cecelia on my bed.

“Hmm?” I ask attempting to open my eyes and see clearly.

“Can you take me to school?” she asks.

School, I forgot. “Yea, just give me a minute, okay?” I ask. Hurriedly, I get out of bed, quickly go to the bathroom, and then quickly throw on some sweats.  “Where’s your unni?” I ask as the driver drives us to school.

“I don’t know, she didn’t wake me up this morning.”

“She didn’t wake you up this morning?” I ask. That’s completely unlike her. I can’t help but start feeling a little worried about her. “Well, if you have any trouble in school, call me today instead of your unni, okay?” I ask.

“I don’t know your phone number,” Cecelia says as she gathers up her backpack and unbuckles her seatbelt.

“Well that’s a problem,” I say as I find a note pad. I quickly write down my cell phone number and my name and hand it to her. “There, now you have oppa’s phone number, okay?”

“Okay,” she says jumping out of the car.

Walking onto the college campus feels kind of lonely without Allie next to me. Even though I always would come here alone, I’ve gotten used to Allie the couple of times that she’s come. How was I able to get used to her so fast? I then realize that exams start today and Allie isn’t here. Where could she be?

“Ready for the exams?” Sungyeol asks coming up to me. I guess he notices the empty presence next to me, too. “Where’s Allie?”

I simply shrug my shoulders. “I haven’t seen her all morning, and she didn’t even wake up Cecelia to go to school.”

“Is that strange?”

“Very,” I say looking at him. “Oh, wait, I’m still mad at you.” Immediately I turn and begin walking towards the location of my first exam.

“How can you stay mad at me?” Sungyeol asks doing a pout.

“I already told you yesterday.”

“Well, what was it? I forget. I was studying for exams so I didn’t really pay attention to what you were doing.”

“It was—,” I begin to say before I see the newspaper. “Great,” I mutter, “now Allie’s never going to trust me.”

Sungyeol goes over and picks up a paper and I look at it. I don’t even bother to read it, just the title and the picture says enough. It’s a picture of that strange girl at the park on me, only instead of looking like I’m angry at her; it looks like I’m flirting with her. When did I ever give her that kind of face? I don’t remember ever looking at her like that.

“Stupid rumors,” I say shoving the paper back to Sungyeol.

“Hey, wait up,” I hear him yell as I angrily make my way towards the exam.

 

Allie’s POV

I wake up and see that it’s already noon. I forgot to wake Cecelia up to go to school. I forgot to go to school myself. I just stare at the clock for a moment before I regain my senses. I slightly shiver at the thought of what happened last night, that’s something that I don’t want to ever repeat again, let alone think about again.

I spy my crutches and hobble over to them to use them. As much as I don’t want to move, I have to attempt to do something today. Sunggyu was at least nice enough to put my crutches in my room, unless a maid did it, then I’m not grateful to him at all.

As I sit at the table attempting to eat something, I decide to call Woohyun. I have to talk to someone, I have a million questions and I can’t talk to Sungyeol since he has classes with Myungsoo right now. The only other person I know is him.

“Hello?” I hear him ask.

“Woohyun, are you busy?”

“Ah, nope,” I hear him say. “Is something wrong? Are you okay, Allie?”

“Can we talk for a while?” I ask him in a whisper.

“Sure, do you want me to come over there? Do you want me to meet somewhere else?” Woohyun starts asking a thousand questions before I interrupt him.

“Can you come over here? I think I sprained my ankle.”

“Did you get it checked out yet?” I can hear concern and worry in his voice, more than what Myungsoo did.

“No.”

“Then that’s what we’re doing first. I’ll be over in a few.”

Just like he said, Woohyun quickly comes over and puts me in his car on the way to the hospital. “How did that happen?” he asks.

“I tripped,” I tell him. “I’m clumsy, I know.” I don’t want to say anything about Uee being there or Sunggyu. Sure I want to talk about them and that’s why I called him, but not right now. I want to wait until after we go to the hospital.

“Did you trip, or were you pushed?” he asks.

“Pushed? Why would you think that?” I nervously ask.

“I’m pretty sure that you aren’t clumsy enough to fall down on your own so hard that you sprain your ankle,” Woohyun says. “What really happened?”

“Can I ask you a question?” I ask him as we pull into the hospital.

“Can you tell me the full story about Myungsoo and Uee…and perhaps some other things?”

“You…you know about Uee?” he asks a little shocked.

“I know a little and I was told a little by Myungsoo and Sungyeol, but I think they both left out things that would hurt me. So can you tell me everything?”

“Let’s talk after you get your ankle checked out, alright?” Woohyun asks as we leave the car.

“Well,” the doctor says after all of the x-rays and tests are done. “Your ankle is indeed sprained, you’re just going to need to not put weight on it for a while, okay? Crutches are good, so keep doing that and I’ll see you back here in about two weeks?”

“Sure thing, Doctor,” Woohyun says as he leaves. Woohyun helps me down from the table and out into his car. “So, where do you want to go now?” he asks looking at me.

“Why are you asking me? Aren’t you the one that’s driving?” I ask.

“True,” he says with a smile. For some reason, his smile causes me to smile; I don’t know what about it, but it feels like forever since I last smiled. In a little while, we pull into a driveway. “How about I make something for you to eat and we can talk here, too. That way, no one’s listening in on our conversation.”

“Why would people be listening?” I ask.

“That’s within the story,” Woohyun sighs.

“Oh, okay,” I say as I attempt to get out of the car, but Woohyun comes over and helps me. He escorts me to his front door. “You don’t need to do all that,” I tell him.

“You’re injured, I should help a little, right?” he asks. I don’t say anything and just let him help however he wants to. I slightly tense at his touch, but I attempt to make it not very noticeable. Woohyun is a good person, he’s better than Sunggyu. I need to put up with it a little longer, I need answers, real answers.

 

Myungsoo’s POV

Thankfully, the day’s finals weren’t too hard but I didn’t really know anything due to being out of a tutor, but that’s to be expected, right? Walking out of the last exam of the day with Sungyeol, I spot Sunggyu with Uee on a park bench; they look like they’re making out. I look at them disgusted as I feel an arm on my shoulder. “Let’s go the other way,” Sungyeol says.

“Why isn’t she teaching?” I mutter.

“Teaching? Teaching what?” Sungyeol asks.

“She’s Cecelia’s teacher,” I say as I turn to go away, but it’s already too late, the lovely couple have already spotted us and are heading this way. “Well, if it isn’t my good friends Kim Myungsoo and Lee Sungyeol,” Sunggyu says with his arm slung around Uee’s shoulders as they both walk this way.

“Good friends, my ,” I mutter, but Sungyeol nudges me for me to be nice. Sungyeol understands that if I had the chance, Sunggyu would already be dead by now.

“How are you oppa?” Uee asks looking at me, but I completely ignore her and instead stare at Sunggyu.

“Where were you last night?” he asks looking straight at me.

“Why does it matter?” I shoot back.

“You weren’t home, I was getting worried.”

“Home? How did you know that I wasn’t home?” I ask suspiciously. “What did you do yesterday?” I demand. “What were you doing in my home?”

“How are you so sure that I was in your home?” Sunggyu slyly asks.

“If you did anything to Allie, today will be the last day you live,” I say approaching him, but Sungyeol holds me back.

“You want to ask her that question before you interrogate me. Where is your lovely wife?” he asks emphasizing the word. I see Sungyeol eyes go wide. Did I forget to tell him that little part of our plan? I look at him and he immediately gets that he shouldn’t ask any questions and ruin everything like he did before.

“She’s not feeling well,” I say making up a lie.

“Well, I wonder why.” Here it comes again, his sly attitude. “Did you ask her why?”

“Should I?”

“I think it would be a good idea.”

“And why aren’t you at school?” I ask looking at Uee.

“Oppa, why should it matter?”

“You’re Cecelia’s teacher, shouldn’t a teacher be teaching instead of making out with her boyfriend? Or shall I say future husband?”

“We aren’t engaged yet, oppa.”

“Stop acting like you know me,” I say to Uee. “The three of us,” I say gesturing towards Uee and Sunggyu, “we don’t know each other anymore. We never did, let’s just act that way.”

With that being said, I walk away from them with Sungyeol following me behind. “Wife?” he whispers.

“Sunggyu and Uee think that Allie’s my wife.”

“Why would they think that?”

“I told them.”

“You told them?”

“Well, I needed some cover up.”

“Does Allie know?”

“Naturally,” I respond. “Now, I’m going to be late if I don’t go pick up Cecelia. School should be over soon for her.”

 

Allie’s POV

“What happened?” I ask having Woohyun repeat it again.

“Myungsoo’s arranged marriage was practically a scandal.”

“How could it be a scandal?”

“It was kind of set up without his previous knowledge, but once he found out about it, he was accepting. Uee, on the other hand, wasn’t so much and still went out partying with a lot of guys. People saw her and naturally, there became rumors about his relationship with her and about their marriage.”

“But he said that his parents had nothing to do with the marriage,” I say confused.

“Maybe they did, maybe they didn’t,” Woohyun says, “but they had to have some part. They had to know about his marriage if they’re the ones that arranged it, maybe they just didn’t do as much as he hoped they would. As far as I know, Uee’s parents weren’t much of a help either.”

“I thought Myungsoo was the party person.” Questions just keep coming for Woohyun. Why did Sungyeol and Myungsoo tweak the story when they told it to me?

“He never was, actually,” Woohyun clarifies. “He was just quiet and mysterious. He never went out and partied until he met Uee. Uee brought him to parties or brought the parties to his house and he was forced to join in to be a good husband, or soon-to-be-husband. She was always the party girl and she inflicted that lifestyle upon Myungsoo. For four years, it started becoming his life, that’s why he started becoming a party animal, but after four years, Uee broke off the wedding.”

“She broke it off because of S-Sunggyu, right?” I ask. I’m uncomfortable saying his name.

“That part is true,” Woohyun explains, “turns out that after partying too hard one day, Sunggyu and Uee got together…and they liked it. So, they just kept on being together until Uee couldn’t go through with the wedding.”

“So that’s why Myungsoo says I’m his wife,” I mutter.

“He says you’re his wife?” Woohyun asks in disbelief.

“Just to Sunggyu and Uee,” I explain.

“Hmm…I guess he wants to make them both jealous that he has you now.”

“So I’m just a playtoy,” I say slightly disappointed.

“Probably not.”

“What?”

“In the year since the marriage didn’t go through, yes, Myungsoo has slept and partied with a lot of women and yes he has been a jerk to plenty of people. However, he hasn’t once truly been nice to a girl.”

“And you think he’s being nice to me?”

“He’s letting you stay at his house and he’s taking care of Cecelia. Allie, if I would say anything, I would say that Myungsoo likes you.”

“There’s no way,” I say not believing it. “Myungsoo can’t like me.”

“And why not?”

“He has everything, I have nothing. I hate people like that.”

“Then you must hate me, right?” Woohyun asks looking at me seriously.

“No, I don’t hate you, Woohyun.”

“Then maybe you know Myungsoo as the real Myungsoo before Uee got to him. My restaurant, the restaurant that he took you to the first day that I met you, it was the first time that he took a girl other than Uee there. I have to say that you’re probably very special to him. Even if he doesn’t realize that he likes you, he does. Did I answer all of your questions?” he asks smiling.

“You were more than helpful,” I say smiling back at him.

“Good. Shall we get you home now?”

“I guess I should.”

“Allie, can I ask you something this time?”

“Go ahead.”

“Do you like Myungsoo?”

 

Myungsoo’s POV

“Your sister still isn’t here,” I whisper while looking around the room. “Hey Cecelia,” I say looking down at her. “Why don’t I call Sungyeol and you two can play together. It’s been a long time since you’ve seen him, right?”

“Too long,” she says with a smile. “I like my choding oppa.”

“Good, I’m going to give him a call. Why don’t you run upstairs and get changed?”

Like a good girl, Cecelia runs upstairs and goes to get changed out of her school clothes while I give Sungyeol a call. “Come over here and play with Cecelia,” I demand.

“I thought we were out of that phase,” Sungyeol grumbles.

“She misses you, she said so herself.”

“Really?” he asks, his voice suddenly becoming brighter. “I’ll be over in a second.”

Quickly, I hear the doorbell ring and go to answer it. “Woohyun?” I ask as I open the door. “What are you doing here?”

“I’m here to drop someone off,” he says as Allie steps out behind him. We both stare at each other for a moment before she walks straight by me and into the house without saying anything. “I don’t know what happened to her,” Woohyun starts.

“Her leg? She tripped and it’s sprained,” I tell him.

“I already know that, we went to the hospital, but I’m talking about something else. There seems to be something else bugging her, but she didn’t tell me. We were talking.”

“What were you talking about?” I ask suddenly concerned.

“She wanted to know the real reason why you don’t like Sunggyu and Uee.”

“And you told her?” I ask. I don’t want anyone else to know about that kind of stuff, especially Allie.

“She wanted to know the answers,” Woohyun says. “She thinks that she’s only a toy in your eyes, but I know that you think differently about her.”

“No I don’t,” I say immediately denying it.

“Yes you do or else you would’ve never brought her to the restaurant and you would’ve never let her live here in the first place.” I think about Woohyun’s words, he is right, but I can’t ever say it. I’m Kim Myungsoo. “I know how you were before Uee, I remember how you were.”

“That was middle school.”

“Then Uee came and ruined your life,” he says. “She made you into a party person; you were never a party person. She made you feel and see that girls were toys when she left you. Why won’t you just accept it and change yourself?”

“I can’t, it’s too late.”

“It’s not too late,” Woohyun growls. “If you want to keep Allie by your side, it’s not too late.”

“I already said I that I don’t like her.”

“Then you wouldn’t mind if she were to move in with me, right? And Cecelia?”

“You can’t take them,” I object.

“See, you do care,” Woohyun says pointing at me. “Now, I’m pushing my feelings aside and letting you take over because I see how much you’ve changed. Seven months ago, you would’ve never looked after a young child. I think Allie is the only one that can bring the old Myungsoo back.”

“Pushing your feelings aside?” I ask. My eyes widen at the understanding of that statement.

“Yes, Myungsoo, I’m pushing aside my feelings. I like Allie and I’m not afraid to admit it. If you ever dare to hurt her, if she ever cries because of you again, I’m not going to let you live it down. I’m going to take her and Cecelia from you, so you better treat her right.”

I can’t say anything and stare at Woohyun. He likes Allie? Now I not only have to battle Sunggyu but him, too? “Woohyun,” I begin.

“Look, I said I’m going to ignore my feelings for now, but if you do anything.”

“I get it, I get it,” I say cutting him off.

“You better,” he says.

“Hey guys,” Sungyeol says coming up the driveway. “Why do you two look so serious?”

Kim Sunggyu, Nam Woohyun, there is no way that either of you are going to get Allie. She’s mine.

“Allie,” I say going upstairs and knocking on her bedroom door. Like expected, she doesn’t answer. “Allie, I’m going to tell you everything, okay? I’ll tell you the unedited version, the un-altered version; the director’s cut, okay?” She doesn’t answer me. “I’m coming in,” I say as I reach for the doorknob. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the real story behind Myungsoo and Uee? What is going to happen now that Myungsoo knows what Woohyun likes Allie? How is Myungsoo going to get back Allie's trust? What exactly happened between Sunggyu and Allie?

 

Another chapter is finished. Hope you enjoyed :D