Special

The Other Side of Cinderella

Myungsoo’s POV

“Why? Why are you here to take Allie?” I demand from Sunggyu.

“She should know,” he smugly replies looking at his watch.

“How in the world should she know? You came over my house and she didn’t say anything.”

“Well, maybe she doesn’t want her husband to know, did you ever think of that? Oh, well look at the time,” Sunggyu says, “I have to get going; maybe I’ll see you around, friend.” As he leaves, he pats me on the back. Just his touch on my shoulder makes me immediately turn around to glare at him.

I’m fuming as I start to walk away from the scene. How is Allie his? How does Allie know him? Allie isn’t his, she’s mine. She has Uee, that’s enough for him. There’s no need as to why he should get Allie, too.

I feel another hand on my shoulder and immediately turn around and grip the person by their shirt, but I see that it’s not Sunggyu, it’s Sungyeol. “Whoa, dude, what are you doing?” he asks as I loosen my grip.

“Sorry,” I reply as I start to walk away again. I don’t feel like facing any of them right now, I need to think. I need to protect Allie from Sunggyu.

“Myungsoo, what’s wrong?” I hear Allie ask. Normally, I probably would’ve answered, but today… Today isn’t turning out to be a good day for me. Instead of turning around to look at her, I continue walking away from the both of them.

Eventually, I find my way to the park where I saved Allie from that drunken man and I sit down. Exams are really soon and I can’t be missing class now, especially now that I’m out of a tutor, but I just can’t go back. Now that I know Sunggyu is there, I should transfer to the other school that Sungyeol’s father is the dean of, but I probably wouldn’t be able to get away with much.

I put my face into my hands and run my fingers through my hair as I think a bit. Do I really like Allie this much that I’m freaking over a simple thing that Sunggyu said? It shouldn’t bother me as much as it’s actually bothering me. But Allie doesn’t like me like that; she’s made it loud and clear. Why am I wasting my time on a girl that doesn’t even like me? I told myself that after Uee, I wasn’t going to love another girl, I wasn’t going to trust them, and they were only objects. Girls are merely a man’s play toy. But Allie, what is Allie to me?

Allie is more important. I can’t hurt her, I can’t take advantage of her, I can’t do anything to her. Why not? Allie is a girl, why don’t I see her the same way? Ay, this is so annoying.

 

Allie’s POV

I pick up Cecelia from school all by myself. I didn’t see Myungsoo since he left. It looked like something was troubling him, but what was it? Was it because of Sunggyu? Is the story true? Is what Sungyeol says true about Sunggyu and Myungsoo’s past?

“Are you okay, unni?” Cecelia asks.

“Huh?” I ask looking at her. “Oh, I’m fine. How was school today?”

“It was good,” she says, that’s all she ever says all of the time. “Where’s oppa?” Cecelia looks around the car and sees that he’s nowhere to be found.

“I really don’t know,” I confess.

“Is he mad at you?” she asks giving me a matter-of-fact look. Who knew that she had it in her?

“I’m not sure,” I say thinking. Why would I give him any reason to be mad at me? I mean, we were good when we went to school this morning. Did something happen? Does he need a break because he ran into Sunggyu? Is he fuming about that?

Cecelia and I arrive home to an empty house. What is this feeling? Am I actually missing that spoiled brat? I grab some of my textbooks for some good studying while I follow Cecelia into her playroom. Looking at the textbooks reminds me of tutoring Myungsoo, even if it wasn’t for that long. How is he going to survive through exams? How am I going to survive through exams?

“Miss,” a maid says coming into the room.

“Yes?” I ask looking up. I’m not used to the whole being addressed as ‘Miss’ or anything of the sort. “You can just call me, Allie.”

“Okay, Allie?” she asks with hesitation in her voice.

“Or whatever makes you feel more comfortable,” I finally say.

“Okay, Miss,” she repeats again. “There’s someone wanting to see you downstairs. They didn’t identify themselves.”

Who could possibly want to see me? Who would come at this time? Is it Woohyun? Is it Sungyeol? But if they didn’t identify themselves, then is it not them? “Um, excuse me,” I say before she can leave, “do you know where Myungsoo went?”

“I’m sorry,” she replies. “I’m not sure.” With that, she slowly backs out of the room to resume her previous duties.

“Hey, Cecelia,” I say looking at her. She stops playing with her dolls for a minute before looking at me. “I’ll be right back, okay?”

“Okay,” she says nodding her head.

I leave the room and go downstairs to see the visitor. I don’t know who would want to see me though. That part is just entirely strange. Do they know that Myungsoo isn’t home at this time? If that’ true, then I have no one to protect me, whoever it might be.

 

Myungsoo’s POV

I sprawl out on the grass and look up at the sky with my hands behind my head. It feels so peaceful here; much more peaceful now that I know Sunggyu won’t be able to find me. I feel a bit guilty about having to leave Allie and Cecelia behind, but they’ll be able to survive without me. I mean, it’s only for the afternoon. Once I think about some things, I’ll go back.

“Are you Kim Myungsoo?” I hear a voice ask. I open my eyes and I see a woman standing above me. “You are. I never thought that I’d be able to see you in the flesh.”

“What?” I ask looking at her. “I’m sorry, but do I know you?”

“Maybe,” she says slyly and cocking her head a bit.

“Well, I’m sorry. I’m not in the mood to talk to anyone right now,” I say getting up off of the ground and starting to walk away. Somehow that girl gives me the creeps. I don’t know who she is and I don’t think that I want anything to do with her, although she didn’t look that bad in appearance.

No, my mind can’t wander there. I have Allie. Allie is mine. But she’s not mine at the same time. I never directly said that I liked her and by the looks of it, it doesn’t seem as though she likes me very much. She can’t possibly like me after I’ve left her and Ceceila alone today. Is she missing me? Probably not, she’s probably happy that I’m not there at the current moment to make her life miserable.

I find a park bench to sit on and after a couple of minutes; I notice a shadow in front of my face. I open one of my eyes and am face to face with the same girl that disrupted me before. “What do you want?” I growl.

“I just want to get to know you, duh,” she says sitting down next to me. She puts her hand on my knee and I can feel myself stiffen at the touch. “You like it, don’t you.” In all honesty, it’s been too long since I‘ve been touched like that. With Allie living at my house, I cut down my partying time by a lot. Maybe it wouldn’t be bad to start getting into the scene again.

Myungsoo, what are you saying? No, no, no, no, no possible way.

I shove her hand off of my leg. “Sorry, I’m already taken.”

“Not from what I see,” she says looking at me. Won’t she just leave me alone? “How about you and me have some fun?”

“How about we don’t?” I ask getting up from the bench, but before I’m able to get my balance, she pulls me back down.

Before I realize what’s happening, she sits on my lap and presses her lips against mine, kissing me.

 

Allie’s POV

“Oh, seongsaengmin,” I say bowing as I greet Uee. “What brings you here?” I was halfway expecting it to be her, either that or Sunggyu. I’m sure that Sungyeol and Woohyun would have told who they were to the maid.

“Oh, just walking by the neighborhood,” she says with a slightly smug smile. What is that supposed to mean?

“Well, it’s nice of you to visit,” I say attempting to sound as nice as possible.

“Ah, yes,” she says. She’s probably playing the polite game too.

“Did you come for Myungsoo?” I ask attempting to sound unconcerned.

“No I didn’t, but is he here?” she asks. She probably came to see Myungsoo, but why would she want to, doesn’t she have Sunggyu?

“I’m sorry, but he’s currently not here.”

“That’s such a shame. I guess I’ll get going now,” she says standing up from the couch.

“Oh, um, okay,” I say as I walk her to the doorway.

Suddenly, Uee turns around and faces me before we even leave the living room. The polite game comes to an abrupt end. “Do you like him, Allie?” she asks with a little bit of evil in her voice.

“Excuse me?” I ask.

“Do you like Myungsoo?”

“N-no,” I stutter. I don’t think I like him, I just don’t understand my feelings for him entirely yet. I may like him, but I’m never going to tell Uee that.

“Yes you do, I see it in your eyes,” she says walking closer to me. I walk back far enough to stumble down onto the ground, pain explodes in my ankle, did I trip over something? Was it one of the tables? It couldn’t have been Cecelia’s toys.

“You don’t know what you see in my eyes,” I retort.

“Didn’t I tell you to stay away from him?” Uee asks threateningly.

“But don’t you have Sunggyu?” I spit out. Maybe that was a wrong move.

“What did you just say?” she asks.

“Aren’t you the one that left Myungsoo first? Why do you want to come back? Why do you want me to stay away from him so much?” I ask.

I see Uee raise her hand to slap me and I brace myself for the pain that’s coming.

 

Myungsoo’s POV

That disgusting girl, why did she kiss me? Now I have to rinse out my mouth with mouthwash. That was the worst kiss of my life; does that girl not know anything?

I sneak my way inside of the house in case Cecelia is napping or Allie could be napping to when I hear two voices. Two girl voices? It doesn’t sound like Cecelia, but one sounds like Allie. The other? Uee…

I stand by the doorway and watch Uee as she interrogates Allie.

“Didn’t I tell you to stay away from him?” Uee asks Allie. I take a peek in the room and I see Allie on the floor, why is Allie on the floor? That gives Uee total dominance, and once she has control and fear over a person, she’s going to run away with it.

“But don’t you have Sunggyu?” Allie asks her. I see Uee’s body tense. I’m not sure if Marisa caught it because it only lasts for a moment before she regains her composure.

“What did you just say?” Uee asks obviously furious.

“Aren’t you the one that left Myungsoo first? Why do you want to come back? Why do you want me to stay away from him so much?” Allie asks. Why in the world did she have to tell Uee that she knows like everything?

I see Uee raise her hand and immediately step in before she can do anything to hurt Allie. She’s not going to hurt Allie like she hurt me.

“What do you think you’re doing with my wife?” I ask Uee attempting to keep up the married act in case Sunggyu already told her. Uee simply stares at my hand that’s gripping her wrist.

“Your wife?” she spits at me.

“Yes, my wife. Now if you don’t mind,” I say bending down and picking Allie up. I don’t care if Allie can walk and despite her protests for me to put her down, I still hold onto her.

“That wretch,” Uee says pointing a finger at Allie.

“Watch it,” I warn her as I turn my head around to look at her.

“She told me that she didn’t like you and you turn out to be married?” Uee is furious now.

“Too bad,” I say as I leave. “Excuse me,” I say to one of the maids passing by. “Could you please her out?” With that said, I turn to walk upstairs to put Allie down.

“What was that for? What was that for?” Allie asks. She looks cute when she’s angry. No, I can’t have those thoughts at this moment.

“I was saving you,” I tell her. We’re in my bedroom and the door is shut so no one can hear anything.

“Saving me from what? I could’ve taken her.”

“No you couldn’t,” I tell her as I sit down on the edge of the bed next to her. “Uee is… she’s quite something; let’s just leave it at that.”

“Well obviously I can tell,” Allie says rolling her eyes.

I lean closer to her, but as I do, I hear her yelp in a little pain. “Are you alright? Are you hurt? Did Uee hurt you?” I ask looking Allie all over in attempt to try to find something that’s wrong with her.

“I think I’m fine,” she says attempting to stand up, but she falls backwards and I catch her. Now she’s sitting in my lap. Because this isn’t awkward.

I help Allie sit back onto the bed. “I don’t think you’re okay, a doctor should check out your ankle. Did you fall on something?”

It takes her a couple of moments before she remembers. “When I backed up and fell. It might’ve been on a table?” she asks scratching her head. “I’m not entirely sure; I just know that I fell.”

“That was probably the cause then,” I say with a light laugh and Allie laugh with me. Our eyes end up finding each other and we look at each other for a long time. Slowly, I inch closer to her.

 

Allie’s POV

What is Myungsoo doing? Why is he getting closer to my face? Instinctively I close my eyes. Why are my eyes closing? He’s not going to kiss me, is he?

Just when his lips are a couple of mere centimeters away, Myungsoo’s cell phone rings. “Myungsoo,” I whisper, trying to move my lips as little as possible. With the next move, our lips would be touching. “Your phone.”

“Leave it,” he says. He gets closer, but I end up backing up.

“Shouldn’t you answer it?” I ask.

“It’s probably not important.” Myungsoo’s eyes are fixed on mine and I can’t find a way to pull them away. It’s like I’m entranced in a spell of his. His eyes, so helpless looking pull me in.

“But, Myungsoo,” I say. By this point, my back is already on the bed and Myungsoo is on top of me, when did this happen? Why don’t I feel like I’m making any movements with my body when I actually am?

“Do you not want me to do this?” he asks teasingly as he gets closer on top of me once again. His phone stops ringing and we both look at his pocket, where his cell phone is. “Good, it stopped. Now, where were we?”

Myungsoo inches closer and closer to me until his lips are fully on mine. I don’t when it happened and I’m not even sure for how long it’s going to go on, but it feels good, it really feels good. Even though I’m lying on the bed, Myungsoo doesn’t try to do anything with me. It seems like he’s content with just kissing and making out. I don’t even realize what I’m doing until his phone rings signaling a text message.

“Myungsoo,” I mutter through one of our kisses.

“Shh,” he says. “I’ll answer it.”

I can’t help but see what the message says as he opens it and reads it. My eyes immediately go wide. What am I doing? I can’t be doing this. He’s Kim Myungsoo and I’m just…a nobody.

“Allie,” Myungsoo says as I push myself up off of the bed and attempt to make it to the door, but my ankle still hurts. “Stop.”

“What am I?” I ask him looking right at him. Tears are welling in my eyes, but I can’t let them show, I have to be strong.

“What do you mean?” he asks.

“Am I just another toy for Kim Myungsoo to use? When you can’t have her, you know that I’m here for your pleasuring needs?” I angrily ask him.

I get off of the bed and manage to hop down to my room, with the help of the walls. Thankfully it’s not too far away. When my bedroom door is finally shut, I let it all go.

 

Myungsoo’s POV

“Great timing, Sungyeol,” I can’t help but say when I call him up. “You were calling me earlier. Didn’t you get the message when I didn’t answer?”

“I thought you were in a place where you couldn’t answer your calls,” he innocently says. “So I sent you a text message. What was up with you, though? Normally you’re more careful than this.”

“Look, it’s not my fault,” I tell him. “And you completely destroyed something.”

“What did I destroy?” he asks clueless. Of course he would be clueless.

“Allie doesn’t trust me, she just thinks that I’m a playboy,” I confess. “She was on her way to liking me.”

“Kim Myungsoo, you weren’t like sleeping with her, right?” Sungyeol asks in a low whisper.

“No, it wasn’t going to go that far.”

“That far?” he asks.

“Oh shut up,” I tell him. “How am I going to explain this to her now?”

I stare the picture on my phone. Who took it? It’s from that strange girl at the park that decided to kiss me. Immediately after that I pushed her off of me. If the person who took the picture only had slower hands, they would have definitely not have gotten the picture.

I walk down to Allie’s bedroom and I put my ear up against the door. I hear her sobbing inside. I should comfort her, I should tell her that it’s all a mistake, but would she believe it? She heard that woman on the phone the day that I was late for our tutoring session, would she think that she’s just like everyone else? But she’s not like everyone else, she’s special.

Figuring that I should leave Allie alone, I venture to the playroom where Cecelia most likely is. I look at the clock and see that it’s almost dinnertime.

“Oppa,” Cecelia says happily coming over and greeting me. “Why didn’t you pick me up from school today?”

“I’m sorry,” I tell her leaning down and pinching her cheeks. She’s just so cute sometimes. “I had something to do. I’ll make it up to you. Do you want to go out for dinner?”

“Okay. Is unni coming, too?”

I slightly wince at the comment, but I don’t make it known. “Your unni is busy right now, so we’re going to go out with just the two of us, okay?”

“Where are we going?”

“Where do you want to go?” I ask. “Do you want to go to one of those places where you play games and eat?”

“Okay.”

“Okay,” I say getting up off of my legs and grabbing her little hand. “Let’s do that. Do you have anything that you want to wear specifically? But remember, you’re going to be running around and playing, so nothing too fancy alright?”

Cecelia nods her head yes. Whenever I’m with Cecelia, it feels like my world gets a lot brighter. Just like Allie, I’m always going to be there for Cecelia. She lost her parents at a young age; she doesn’t really have a father figure in her life. Even though I’m too young to be a father and I’m her sister’s age, I’m going to attempt to be a good influence for her. One step at a time, I’ll be someone who is good enough for both Allie and Cecelia.

 

Allie’s POV

I look at my phone as I get a text message. It’s from Myungsoo, I shouldn’t look at it, but I do. The picture makes me laugh. It’s a picture of him and Cecelia at one of her favorite little kid restaurants and they both look like they’re having a good time. The atmosphere seems like it suits them both. There’s a message written underneath.

 

Took Cecelia out for dinner. I didn’t want to disturb you. We’re having a lot of fun, join us next time?

Myungsoo and Cecelia

 

I can’t help but chuckle a little more at the photo before I save it and make it my phone’s background.

I go down to the kitchen to grab something to eat myself until I remember that I’m injured, there’s no way I’ll be able to make it down the stairs.

“Excuse me,” I say stopping as passing maid. I’m able to at least get to my bedroom door. “Do you have any crutches or something?”

“Is something wrong, Miss?” she asks. I shake my head and she comes back with a pair of crutches. It takes me a while to get used to them, especially when going down the stairs.

While I’m watching television, the doorbell rings. Expecting it to be Myungsoo, he couldn’t open it with Cecelia on his back, I get up and answer it. “Sunggyu?” I ask.

“Remember me?”

“From the other day? Yeah.”

“No, I’m talking more along the lines of fourteen years ago?” he asks tilting his head to the side.

“I’m sorry,” I say scratching my head. I don’t remember him, should I?

“Too bad,” he says as he steps closer into the house. I fall off balance with my crutches and Sunggyu catches me. “I’m going to make you remember.” Before another word can be uttered out of my mouth, Sunggyu forcefully presses his lips against mine.

“Sunggyu,” I say attempting to push him off of me, but he’s too strong.

Myungsoo, where are you?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is Sunggyu planning to do to Allie? What is Allie and Myungsoo's relationship going to be like now? Is Uee going to try to go after Myungsoo? What about the rumor of Myungso with the girl from the park?

Another chapter is finished. I hope you enjoyed :D