Comfort and Love

The Other Side of Cinderella

Myungsoo’s POV

Quickly, we drive to a hospital to get Woohyun some help, and also to check Sungyeol, Cecelia, and Allie after that ordeal that they had. I know that Allie’s probably not going to get any sleep for a while, compared to Cecelia and Sungyeol who are already sleeping.

“Wake up,” I say patting Sungyeol on the head once we get to the hospital.

“What?” he asks as he punches the air, something that he frequently does as he wakes up. I’ve grown used to it by now so I’ve learned how to dodge it.

I pick Cecelia up and carry her inside of the hospital; she starts moving a little bit in my arms. We make our way to the reception desk where I just basically say my name and the woman says that we’re allowed anything. That is the power of Kim Myungsoo. I point to Sungyeol and Allie, along with the sleeping Cecelia and say that they need an appointment since they were kidnapped. Even though Sungyeol states that nothing happened to them, I still want to be safe. We also quickly get Woohyun in to get his leg treated. I owe a lot to him since he saved me.

Sungyeol, Cecelia, and Hoya go off in one direction to get a checkup while Allie and I go in another. I feel like I should be here for her more than anyone else considering her past. I think she would be the one that would need the most comforting after coming out of a situation like this. It just feels right.

“Myungsoo,” Allie says. I look at her and I can’t even imagine what she’s feeling right now. She’s probably feeling worse than me. Her eyes look dark and she just seems really tired.

“Yea?” I ask.

“Thank you,” she mumbles.

“It was nothing,” I tell her. “Anything for you.”

Unlike last time, this time I go into the doctor’s office with her. I sit on the chair at the side while she tells the doctor what happened to her. I also mention the past with Sunggyu, what she was supposed to tell Sungjong, but never got to. It’s not that I necessarily want to hear it, but I’m not leaving her alone. She got hurt last time because of me. There’s no way I’m leaving any of them alone.

After a while, the doctor calls me to talk to me outside. “I’ll be right back,” I whisper to Allie. She looks at me with a worried look. “You’re in an enclosed room, it’s alright. I’m right outside, just yell if you need me, okay?” Allie nods her head as I travel outside to see the waiting doctor. “Yes?” I ask.

“I’d like to speak to you about Allie,” the doctor says.

“Yes, of course,” I quickly say.

“It seems as though she has been under a lot of stress because of the incident and the one prior to that,” he begins to explain. “It’s best if what she gets is rest and some time to relax. Any additional stress could result in a breakdown of her body, as in she could become sick and possibly have to spend some time in the hospital.” I nod understanding the situation. “On the bright side, however, it seems as though from the previous incident, there is nothing wrong with her.”

“That’s good,” I say breathing a sigh of relief. “Doctor, what if she doesn’t want to sleep? What do I do then?”

“Stay by her at least, comfort her, do everything that you can for her. Attempt to live a normal lifestyle but don’t entirely knock out the thoughts of what just happened to her, either.”

I listen closely to the doctor’s explanation. It seems that Allie is very vulnerable right now. According to the doctor, he thinks that everything that has happened just triggered an emotional breakdown. The doctor explained that what Allie needed the most was someone to be there for her, someone to help coax her through this period until she’s normal again.

“Can you do that?” the doctor asks me. “She might have mood swings and some things might be unpredictable because it seems like she has experienced a lot, so it will be difficult. I’m not a psychiatrist, but it seems like she’s been holding a lot of things in for quite some time.”

“That’s alright,” I say. I’m determined to stay by Allie’s side, no matter what it takes. “Um, is she alright with traveling?”

“She should be. Actually, going to a relaxing place would be good,” the doctor says thinking about it. “I believe it would help her get through this period quickly if she’s in a more comfortable place, but she also may be experiencing some depression, I might want to mention that.”

“Okay then,” I say quickly forming a plan in my head. “Thank you,” I say bowing to the doctor. “Does she have to stay here?”

“No, you’re free to take her home,” the doctor says before he leaves. As he leaves, I bow to him and then go back into the room with Allie.

 

Allie’s POV

I sit alone on the bed when I hear the door open. I look over and see Myungsoo come in. He looks all bright and smiley. What’s up with him? “How are you feeling?” he asks coming up to me.

“Okay, I guess,” I tell him. In reality, I’m not sure what I’m feeling like. I just feel empty inside. Everything that has happened has drained more of my energy that it’s supposed to. I guess everything’s finally caught up with me. What if I got kidnapped and Cecelia was left alone? No one would look after her, we have no parents, they left, our home burned down.

“Allie, Allie,” Myungsoo says repeating my name. I look at him and he looks at me with a worried look. “Look, we’re going to go home and get some rest, okay?”

“Where’s Cecelia?” I ask.

“They should be out in the lobby. Woohyun-hyung has to stay here for a little while because they have to nurse his leg, but Hoya, Sungyeol, and Cecelia are free to go home. Let’s go.” Myungsoo offers out his arm and I stare at it. “Go on, take it,” he offers.

I grab his arm as he helps me out of the room and into the lobby where Sungyeol and the Hoya guy immediately stand up. “Hello,” Hoya says bowing in front of me. “I’m Lee Howon, more commonly known as Hoya.”

“Hello,” I say softly.

“Why don’t we go back home? Woohyun-hyung can just contact us when he’s finished,” Myungsoo says taking the lead.

I watch as Sungyeol picks Cecelia up and all of us walk back to the car. Myungsoo gets in the back with me as Sungyeol puts Cecelia in the back, too. Hoya goes up into the front seat next to Sungyeol who has taken up the place to drive.

It doesn’t take long for us to get back to the house. I just stare out the window the entire time, it’s not like any of us are saying anything. I don’t even know what any of them are thinking, it’s like I’m just stuck here without knowing anything, really.

I unconsciously stare at Cecelia while she’s sleeping. She looks so peaceful. It doesn’t seem like the kidnapping harmed her at all. The only thing I can do is just stare at her, though. Normally in these situations I would at least reach out to touch her, but I’m unable to do so. Why?

“I’m going to explain it to her school, don’t worry,” Myungsoo whispers in my ear.

“What?” I ask turning around and looking at him.

“Cecelia’s school, I’ll explain to them and tell them what’s happened and I’ll request that she stay home for at least a week or so.”

“Why?” I softly ask.

“So she can recover, get some rest. She may look fine on the outside, but we don’t know how she is on the inside,” he says flashing a smile. “And I’ll explain everything to my father, too, regarding the college exams.”

“Oh, why didn’t you take your exams?” I ask him.

“Because I had to save you,” he says. “And Cecelia and Sungyeol.”

I stare at Myungsoo as the car slowly comes to a halt. “We’re here,” Sungyeol says looking behind us.

Slowly, all of us get out of the car. It’s already very early in the morning, yet none of us have gotten a wink of sleep yet. “Hoya, Sungyeol,” Myungsoo says, “sleep here tonight. Just find a room and you can go to sleep.”

“Okay,” Sungyeol says as he goes upstairs.

“Thanks,” Hoya says as he follows him.

“Allie,” Myungsoo says as he carries Cecelia, “I’m going to take Cecelia to her room. Why don’t you wash up or change out of your clothes? You can use my room tonight, and I don’t want to hear any complaining.”

Without me being able to say a word, Myungsoo makes his way upstairs to go put Cecelia into her bed. Slowly, I start climbing the stairs to my room to get some clothes to change into before I had to Myungsoo’s room. I don’t know where Hoya and Sungyeol decided to sleep, but I have a feeling that they won’t be bothering me.

After changing, I make my way to Myungsoo’s room and see that he’s not there yet. I lie down on his bed and stare at the ceiling. As much as I’m tired, as much as I want to sleep, it just doesn’t come. I don’t know what’s preventing me from sleeping, but my body just doesn’t want to comply with my brain.

 

Myungsoo’s POV

After putting Cecelia into her room, I changed in a different bathroom before slowly making my way back to my room. I was planning on sleeping in a different room but decided to check up on Allie first. The doctor said she’s vulnerable, just how vulnerable is she? I don’t want to do anything to upset her, but if the doctor said that maybe taking her somewhere will be good, then maybe that’s just what I have to do. Maybe we’ll all go on a vacation together. I’m pretty sure if I just surround her with people that she knows and are important, we can all help her overcome this.

I slowly open my bedroom door and peek in, but I see Allie staring at the ceiling, she’s not sleeping. Why isn’t she sleeping yet?

“Myungsoo?” I hear her ask.

“Yeah?” I ask walking into the room and closing the door.

“Are you going to bed?”

“Yeah,” I say nodding my head. “I was actually going to go into a different room.”

“Don’t,” I hear her say, but her voice is barely over a whisper.

“Don’t?” I ask making sure that I heard her correctly.

“Stay with me, please. I can’t fall asleep and I don’t want to be in here alone.”

I stare at Allie before going into my bed with her. Is this the type of vulnerability that the doctor was talking about? It seems like Allie’s a completely different person. Just what was she keeping inside all of this time? She always had on a strong personality, but now it’s gone. Now it’s like she’s someone else. She also then does something else unexpectedly; Allie cuddles up next to me.

Instinctively, I put my arm around her and hold her close. “Go to sleep,” I whisper, “why aren’t you sleeping yet?”

“I’m tired, but I’m not,” she says.

“That means that you’re overly tired,” I tell her with a smile on my face, even though she can’t see it. I pat her back a little, attempting to comfort her.

“But Myungsoo, I,” she begins, but I cut her off by kissing her lips gently. “What was that for?” she asks. I see the shocked expression on her face as she touches her lips.

“It’s because I love you,” I tell her. “And it’s because I love you that no one’s going to get you anymore. You’re safe. I have people all around the house guarding it. They’re going to get nowhere near you. Okay? I promise you.”

“You love me?” Allie asks.

“Of course I love you,” I tell her as I get comfy and close my eyes. “You’re my first love and I hope that you’ll be my last. Now, let’s go to sleep, shall we?” I ask.

Allie doesn’t say anything else as she just hugs me tighter. I hug her back so she can feel a sense of security. I hope she doesn’t take those words lightly like I’m just joking. I’m going to change for her. I’m going to change now because she needs it more than ever, she needs someone there besides her, someone to lean on. She’s spent a year by herself taking care of Cecelia and dealing with things that teenagers shouldn’t deal with. I spent a year wasting my life away having to do nothing.

In the end, I’m going to be there for Allie. I’m going to change just for her. Everything I’m going to do is going to be just for her. I love her. I won’t do anything less for the woman that I love.

After a little while, I open my eyes and look down at Allie. Her eyes are closed and her breathing is slow. She’s sleeping. I smile to myself as my success as I close my eyes again and go to sleep myself.

 

Allie’s POV

I slowly open my eyes and it takes me a moment to realize that I’m in Myungsoo’s room. I’m home, I’m safe. I turn over and look at the clock, it reads noon. I’ve been sleeping for that long? Before I’m able to think of anything else, Myungsoo comes into the room.

“Glad to see that you’re up,” he says with a smiling face.

“Yeah,” I say turning over.

“Well, here’s some food for you, could you call it a brunch?” he asks sitting the tray in front of me. “Oh, don’t worry about Cecelia, she’s comfortably playing in the house. Sungyeol and Hoya-hyung are here, too. They’re keeping an eye on her.” Myungsoo sits on the edge of the bed. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah.”

Myungsoo sighs at my answer. “Okay, well, this might get you excited. We’re going on a trip.”

“A trip? I don’t feel like going on a trip, though.”

“But it’ll be fun,” Myungsoo says with another big smile. What’s up with him and smiling lately? “Our flight leaves tonight. You’re going, I’m going, Ceceila’s going, Sungyeol, Hoya-hyung, and Woohyun-hyung are going too. We’re all going together.”

I listen to Myungsoo as he starts talking about this trip. I guess it should be fine even though I don’t feel like going anywhere, but I’m sure that Cecelia would like going. She likes going places and she’s never been anywhere before.

“The trip’s going to be about for a week or so,” Myungsoo continues explaining, “and we’re going out of the country, but don’t worry, I already got you and Ceceila a passport, so we’re all set.”

“Okay,” I say looking at him.

Myungsoo looks back at me with worry in his eyes, but he quickly shields it. “So, your bags are already packed. We just have to wait until our flight at like seven tonight, okay? So just eat a little bit and I’ll be up later. If you need me, just call me or something.”

I watch Myungsoo as he gets up off of the bed and leaves the room. I stare at the food placed in front of me, but I’m not hungry. I don’t actually feel like doing anything, especially this trip, but just to amuse him, I’ll go. Myungsoo really seems excited about it for some odd reason.

In the end, I just eat a couple of bites of food before I go back to staring at the ceiling and eventually falling asleep again. Once I awake, I figure I should take a shower through before we leave since I don’t know how long it’s been since I’ve taken one. I find one of Myungsoo’s t-shirts and a pair of his shorts to change into once I’m done.

I’m drying my hair when Myungsoo comes into the room again. “Oh, look who’s out of bed,” he excitedly says. “Here, I’ll help you.” Before I can object, Myungsoo’s behind me helping me dry my hair. “You know, you’re really pretty.”

“Myungsoo,” I say.

“You are, don’t deny it,” he says with a laugh. “That’s why I love you.”

“Myungsoo.”

“I just hope you know that,” he says. “There, all done.”

I turn around on the bed and face him. I get a good look at his face after last night. I can see the scar on his lip and a little bruising around his cheek. “You’re hurt,” I say gently bringing my hand up and touching it. I can tell it’s still sore because of the way that he tenses up when my hand barely even makes contact.

“No, I’m fine,” he says trying to play it off. “Don’t worry about it; it’s you we have to take care of. Now, I know I said it before, but our flight leaves at seven and it’s already four thirty, we should leave soon if we want to make it through security to get on our flight on time.” Why is he so happy all of a sudden? He wasn’t like this before. “So, let’s go downstairs, shall we?”

 

Myungsoo’s POV

All of us successfully get onto the plane. Hoya, Cecelia, and Allie are together while Sungyeol, Woohyun, and I are sitting together. This is a good chance for Allie to be around Cecelia, since they haven’t really been around each other since the incident, and for the both of them to get to know Hoya more since this is going to be a kind of long plane ride. Plus, if any of them need anything, we’re all close to each other so it won’t be a problem.

When Cecelia woke up today, Sungyeol and I took her to a psychiatrist to see if anything is wrong with her while Hoya stayed home and watched over Allie. According to the psychiatrist, Cecelia seems like a normal happy child, although the effects of what just happened to her may not be evident right away, they may show themselves if something triggers her memory to remember something that she may have already forgotten. We all have to be extra careful around Allie and Cecelia. Sungyeol said that he’s perfectly fine and that he was watching out for Cecelia the whole time because they were put together in the room. At least Sunggyu had the decency to do that. Sungyeol said that they were playing hand games all of the time because he thought that it would get Cecelia’s mind off of where they were and what they were doing.

According to Sungyeol, they were heading back home and Cecelia was sleeping when they were kidnapped, at least she was sleeping. That way, Sungyeol said that he told her they were just on a trip in the room to spend more time with each other and to be able to play with each other. He said that Cecelia took it like a trip and took it really well. I just wonder if she actually knew what was going on and I wonder if it will cause any reactions out of her later.

“Where are we going?” Sungyeol asks after the plane takes off. I look behind me and see Cecelia and Hoya playing hand games together while Allie just seems lost in space. I hope she recovers on this trip.

“To visit my grandmother,” I say. “We’re going to be staying with her for a while.”

“Are you sure it’s okay?” Woohyun asks. He was released from the hospital today and besides having to be on crutches for a little bit, he’s perfectly fine.

“Of course, I already called her and told her that we’re coming,” I tell them.

“Did you tell her how many people were coming?” Sungyeol asks.

“Of course, she’s always happy to see her grandson,” I say. “I’m the only one that pays attention to her.”

“Why are we going there anyway? Your grandmother lives in Japan, right?” Woohyun asks.

“Yes, she is the C.E.O. of some company that my father didn’t want to inherit. She wants to pass it onto me when I get old enough, unless I help my mother with her business, but I like my grandmother more,” I say with a smile.

“But randomly going to visit your grandmother? You could’ve gone yourself. We could’ve watched Allie and Cecelia at home. What’s gotten into you?” Sungyeol asks. “What happened when we left that house?”

I stare at them. It’s not like I want to admit that Sunggyu is my older brother, but if they’re suspecting that something’s up, what will they think later? They’re waiting for an answer and I’ve known them so long that they know when I’m lying, unless it’s a quick and brief lie, but something this big, I can’t lie. They’re going to know that I’m hiding something and won’t ever leave me alone to get what I need.

“Myungsoo,” Woohyun says lowering his voice. “What happened before Sunggyu attempted to shoot you? I took a bullet for you, you should tell me!” he says exploding at how quiet I am.

“It’s not something I would like to admit,” I quietly say.

“What, did he beat you up or something?” Sungyeol asks trying to lighten the atmosphere.

“You could say that,” I say.

“But you only have one scar on your mouth and your cheek looks a little bruised, but that’s probably from falling on the ground,” Woohyun says, “didn’t you fall on the side of your face?”

“That and he punched me down on the ground before he attempted to shoot me,” I mutter.

“Really though,” Sungyeol says getting back to the main point. “Why are you taking all of us to Japan?”

“Don’t you think we need a vacation?” I ask looking out the window at all of the clouds.

“After what just happened?” Woohyun chimes in. “I think we should find that guy and kill him.”

“Not before I get answers,” I quickly say.

“We can get the answers out of him,” Woohyun says. “This time we can take him on. Sungjong is weak, Dongwoo is…well Dongwoo, and Sunggyu, if all of us team up we can get him.”

“You’re going to Japan to get answers?” Sungyeol asks.

“Answers and a cure,” I tell the both of them.

“Answers and a cure?” they ask confused.

I lower my voice so Allie, Hoya, and Cecelia don’t hear me. “Last night, the doctor told me that Allie is in a very vulnerable state right now and if any additional stress gets put on her, her body may not be able to take it. It looks like she’s been keeping a lot of things hidden inside.”

“That’s the cure,” Woohyun announces like Sungyeol is stupid. Sungyeol just gives him a glare and I slightly chuckle at it. “So then, what’s the answer?”

“The answer to what my mother did oh so many years ago,” I tell them blankly as I stare back out the window.

“Your mother? But doesn’t your father’s mother live in Japan?” Sungyeol asks. I nod my head. “Then why are you going to her?”

“Because he’s the only common factor in everything.”

“Common factor?” Woohyun asks. “Myungsoo, what are you talking about?”

I take a deep breath as I both look at them. “Promise you won’t say anything to anyone and you’ll do exactly like I ask you.”

“Promise,” the both of them say at the same time.

“Well, you see,” I say scratching the back of my neck. “Sunggyu is my older half-brother by my father. He revealed it to me before he tried to shoot me. My grandmother should know everything.”

Woohyun and Sungyeol don’t say anything, they just stare at me. After the conversation is over, they don’t ask questions about it either. They must sense why I want answers so badly and they probably don’t want to get in the way. My grandmother has to know something, she has to know about Sunggyu just likes she knows about me. I have to ask her. I have to get answers before something else happens.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will Myungsoo get the answers he needs from his grandmother? If so, what will the answers be? Will they be something that he wants to hear or something he doesn't? Will Allie's condition get better? What is Cecelia going to be like? 

 

Chapter 20 is up. Hope you enjoyed :D

Remember to vote in the poll :)

I'm not planning on ending the story any time soon, it's just so that I can plan some of my ideas out. If there were a sequel, who knows, there might be a time jump or something. If it's an extended chapters, then near the end there might be a time jump.

Anyway, remember to vote. Yes vote :)