Don't Leave Me

The Other Side of Cinderella

Allie’s POV

I look over at Cecelia who is happily playing with her friends at her birthday party. Sungyeol is over there supervising them and Woohyun is next to me helping me prepare some of the food, he is a chef after all.

“Thank you for inviting us,” a woman says coming over. She has to be the mother of one of Cecelia’s friends, but I don’t know who.

“Oh, it’s no problem,” I announce turning around to face her.

“It must be hard taking care of a child all by yourself, I admire you,” she says. I don’t know if she’s mocking me or whether she truly admires me.

“It’s sometimes hard,” I admit as I glance over at Cecelia, “but it’s rewarding in the end.”

“Not to mention that she has awesome friends,” Woohyun says to the woman as he wraps his arm around my shoulders. I still feel like his confession wasn’t just some joke, but he refuses to say anything about it whenever I attempt to say anything.

The woman simply smiles and backs away to go talk with the other mothers there. I look over at the children and see Hoya doing some of his dance moves to entertain them for a little bit.

“Thanks,” I say giving Woohyun a smile as I go back to preparing the food with him.

“It’s alright,” Woohyun says as he concentrates on putting everything together. “I just didn’t want to see someone look down on you just because you’re taking care of Cecelia by yourself.”

“But I’m used to it,” I tell him. “Honestly, people have been doing that ever since my parents died. I’ve just learned to live with it.”

“You shouldn’t have to deal with it anymore. You should appreciate yourself more because there are a lot of people that appreciate you.”

“Woohyun,” I begin, but he cuts me off.

“Let’s go serve these snacks to those kids,” he says picking up the plate and going to where everyone is sitting.

I follow behind him and sit down on the floor. I don’t exactly know what it is with Woohyun, but he gives me a sense of security. I’m not even sure what I would’ve said if his confession was actually true. Would I have agreed? Would I be his girlfriend right now if he said that his confession wasn’t a joke? Woohyun offers a sense of familiarity and comfort, but I feel like even if I were together with Woohyun, something would be missing. I don’t exactly know what it is, but I’ve been feeling like that a lot lately, that something is missing.

“Are you okay?” Sungyeol asks sitting down next to me.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” I say showing a smile. “Thank you for keeping them occupied and helping me plan this.”

“Hey, a seventh birthday is very important,” Sungyeol says. “I remember when I was seven.”

“That’s good. Everyone looks as though they are enjoying themselves.”

“They are,” Sungyeol says as he watches the children eat and play some more with each other. Hoya is attempting to teach some of them dance moves.

“You should do something with children as a future career,” I say. “You seem to understand them a lot.”

“Myungsoo always said that I had a childish mind,” Sungyeol says probably thinking back to the time. At the mention of Myungsoo, the two of us immediately go silent. “You miss him, don’t you,” Sungyeol says.

I just look at him. Do I miss Myungsoo? Has that thought ever occurred in my head? “I don’t know,” I manage to mutter. “I don’t know if I miss him.”

“I’m sure you do,” Sungyeol says giving a supportive smile. “It’s okay to miss him, you know. You guys spent so much time together; you were best friends when you were little.”

“But that’s when we were little, that’s not now.”

“Now you guys could be something more than best friends.” I look at Sungyeol and see that he’s completely serious, it’s probably a once in a blue moon thing. “I could tell that you guys had something going on.”

“We had nothing going on,” I say with a light laughter and gently hitting Sungyeol’s arm.

“You might have not seen it, but you did. Obviously Myungsoo likes you, he confessed to you didn’t he? You’re still wearing the necklace that he got you.”

I unconsciously reach down and touch the necklace where the letter L still hangs. I’ve rarely taken it off since Myungsoo’s given it to me. “Maybe I do miss him,” I mutter.

 

Myungsoo’s POV

I run straight to the company, I don’t stop and I don’t even catch a cab. I just keep going until I reach the outside of the building. The scene reminds me of the fire that took place at Allie’s apartment, except this is still going.

The police are everywhere and people are being kept a good distance away from the building. No one probably knows what Sunggyu is doing in there. Is he taking the whole building hostage? Is he keeping my grandmother hostage? What is he doing?

“Officer,” I say going up to one of them that is standing guard and making sure that no one gets by. “What is going on right now?”

“A hostage situation young man,” the officer says. He probably doesn’t recognize me. Do I have any chance of being able to get inside of the building?

“Sir, do you know where my grandmother is?” I end up asking. I have to get through; I have to figure out what’s going on.

“I do not know your grandmother, young man.”

I pull out my ID and give it to the officer. “I’m Kim Myungsoo, grandson of the CEO of the Kim Corporations, the building that we’re at right now. My grandmother may be inside of that building. Is there someone that I can talk to?”

I attempt to keep my cool. I attempt to stay calm. I can’t freak out. If I freak out, things may take a turn. My grandmother is inside of that building and if I know what Sunggyu is thinking, which I don’t, but it’s a good of a guess as ever, then he’s probably out with one goal in mind. He wants to kill her.

Even though I completely understand why he has those feelings towards her, he shouldn’t do it. Yes she was cruel to his mother and yes she was cruel to him, but she’s still related to us. He shouldn’t do this. If someone could talk sense into him, maybe it could be me. Maybe I would be able to talk him out of doing something if only this officer would let me through.

As if by some miracle, my parents are actually here. Why? They look over into the crowd and they spot me. “Myungsoo-ah,” my father says coming over. “Officer, this boy is our son, please let him through.”

The officer does as he is told as I go to my parents by the side. “What’s happening right now?” I ask them.

“We just know that a crazed man by the name of Kim Sunggyu is inside of the building,” my mother says. “Myungsooie, why are you in Japan? Did you hear of this?”

I shake my head. How can my mother just say his name without any feelings? She wouldn’t know the type of feeling that she and my grandmother have made him feel for his whole life, but just to say his name like it’s some disgusting animal without even a blink of an eye, that is really low.

“Don’t act like you don’t know who he is,” I tell my mother looking her straight in the eye.

“That’s because I don’t know who he is,” she says right back at me. Is she really going to play this game right now? Time is ticking.

“Of course you don’t,” I mutter. I manage to get a glance over at my father who has worry all over his face. He probably realizes that I know who Sunggyu is or he’s worrying about what might be taking place inside. Does he think that Sunggyu went to find grandmother too?

“And you do?” my mother asks.

“Why are you now so concerned about the people that I know or don’t know? You’ve never cared about me before.”

“Yes we do, we care about you, Myungsooie,” my mother says as she caresses my cheek. I push her hand away.

“Don’t call me that,” I say in a monotone voice. “If you cared about me, you would’ve known what has happened to me the past couple of months.”

“We do know, you were going to school, you met this girl, and you got sick so you couldn’t attend your university exams,” my mother states attempting to show that she does know what’s been going on in my life.

“You forgot one very important thing.”

“What is that?”

“My best friend and love of my life and her younger sister getting kidnapped.”

“They got kidnapped?” my mother asks pretending to show concern but I know that she’d much rather be shopping in Europe or designing the latest fashion trend in her penthouse. That is just the type of woman that my mother is.

“You don’t know anything do you,” I say looking at both of my parents. “You’ve never been there for me and when you have, you never told me the truth.”

“Told you the truth about what?” my father suddenly questions.

“Why didn’t you tell me that I had a brother?” I ask staring at the both of them as I watch their faces drop. They weren’t expecting that now were they.

 

Allie’s POV

After the children ate snacks, Hoya, Sungyeol, and some of the other mothers took the children to the park. The rest of us stayed back at the apartment and just chatted with one another. Although it was a little bit awkward, since I’ve never really spoken with any of the other mothers before, I was glad that Woohyun was here.

“So, what does your boyfriend here do?” one of the mothers asks pointing at Woohyun.

“Ah, he’s not—” I begin, but Woohyun slightly nudges me. I look at him and he slowly shakes his head. He’s telling me to say that he is my boyfriend. I think about it and come to the conclusion that he probably wants me to tell people so they think that I have a good hardworking boyfriend who helps with Cecelia, even if she is my younger sister.

“I am a chef,” Woohyun says. He begins talking about the restaurant that his family owns resulting in many of the mothers becoming impressed with him.

“How did the two of you meet?” another one asks.

“Through a mutual friend,” Woohyun says. He diligently answers all of the questions as I just look at him and smile to some of the mothers, pretending to act like a loving girlfriend when we’re only just friends. Maybe Woohyun is enjoying this. At least it saves me from some of the pity that the other mothers would give me.

“You have some good friends,” the same mother says looking at me.

“Yeah,” I say smiling and looking at Woohyun. “They’re great. They always lend a helping hand whenever I’m working, I’m grateful.”

Slowly, the conversation changes to Uee, their teacher. Even though it’s a conversation that I’m not very comfortable with, I have to deal with it or else the mothers will pity me because of that and there is always the possibility of Cecelia getting taken away from me.

“What kind of teacher leaves right before the summer break?” one asks.

“I know,” another says agreeing. “That just shows a lack of responsibility.”

“How is she even qualified for teaching?”

“I heard that her and her boyfriend broke up.”

“Did they? Where did you hear that from?”

“Some friends who also happen to know her.”

Their conversation catches my ears and I turn to look at Woohyun with a questioning look. Woohyun looks as confused as I am since he shrugs his shoulders.

“Do you think she took a vacation to ease the heartbreak?”

“But I heard that they haven’t been together for a while.”

“If you ladies don’t mind,” I say getting up from my seat, “I’m just going to clean up these plates a while. Feel free to continue talking.”

“I’ll help you,” Woohyun quickly says and gets up right after me to help pick up the plates and walk them to the kitchen.

“Do you think it’s true?” I whisper to him as I quickly wash the plates.

“I don’t know,” Woohyun whispers back as he dries them. “Do you think Uee knows about the kidnapping?”

“She has to…although, I didn’t see her,” I confess. “I only ever saw the men.” I shiver just at the thought of it.

“Don’t worry, nothing like that will ever happen again,” Woohyun says as he dries the last plate and puts his arms around me.

“Yeah,” I say sighing and looking at him. “I don’t want it to, but you know Sunggyu better than I do. Would something necessarily bad happen to him now that Uee and him broke up?”

Woohyun leans up against the counter as he thinks. “I’m not entirely sure,” he says. “Maybe. I guess it depends how much he was into her.”

“Should Myungsoo be afraid? Do you think he knows?”

“Who knows, but Myungsoo can take care of himself, he’s a big boy,” Woohyun says with an encouraging smile. I just hope he’s right.

 

Myungsoo’s POV

“How do you know?” my father asks.

“It doesn’t matter how I know,” I announce to them. “I just know that something bad is probably going to happen. Now, if you don’t let me inside of that building, grandma might die.”

“How are you so sure that he’s going after her?” my mother coldly asks. She’s obviously not liking this whole conversation about Sunggyu.

“I’m positive,” I say giving her a glare. It’s not that I actually mean the glare, but she should know what she did to Sunggyu and his mother. What if the roles were reversed and that happened to me and her? Would she still look at the situation the same way? “Now let them give me entrance to the building.”

My mother sighs off and my father goes in an opposite direction. I see him talking with one of the officers, probably to talk about getting me in. I just hope that they’re going to let me get in; I can attempt to talk him out of it. I’m the one that he truly hates.

After what seems like forever, my father finally comes back. “They said that they’re only going to let you in if you wear protective gear and have an earpiece and microphone to communicate with. If you mess up, though, it’s off with all of our heads.”

I nod my head in agreement and go over to meet with the police. We decide to put on the protective gear underneath of my clothes so Sunggyu doesn’t suspect it. The microphone is placed on my shirt while the earpiece is stuck into my ear, although it’s clear, so hopefully Sunggyu won’t notice that. I don’t want him to freak out upon nothing.

“Are you going to be okay?” the officer asks as we walk to the entrance.

“I’ll be fine,” I say. “Trust me.”

We both nod our heads in agreement as I make my way into the building. People are scattered around scared for their lives as I enter. They look at me with a hopeful expression that gives me even more pressure. “I thought I said that no one comes in,” Sunggyu says over the loudspeaker.

“It’s Kim Myungsoo,” I loudly announce. I have absolutely no idea if he can hear me, but it’s worth a shot. “Where are you? We need to talk.”

“We don’t need to talk about anything,” Sunggyu angrily says. “It’s our grandmother that does.” The way that he talks sounds so aggressive, yet so sad.

“Where are you?” I ask again looking around the lobby of the building. I don’t see him anywhere, I just see the faces of people who are wishfully thinking that I’m going to save them all. I hope I can do that.

“Right behind you,” I hear Sunggyu say. Immediately I turn around and am face to face with Sunggyu. He has my grandmother besides him with her hands tied behind her back and duct tape over . He also has a gun in his hand and is pointing it at her and then back at me. Thankfully, Dongwoo isn’t here and I knew that Sungjong wouldn’t be here since he’s at the hospital. “Now leave before she gets it.”

“Why do you have to do this?” I plead with him. “This isn’t the way to settle things. I know that she may have done wrongdoings in the past and my mother, but that was the past and it was horrible what they did. I even hate them myself.”

“Don’t provoke him,” a voice says over the earpiece. “Keep him calm.” I decide to ignore the voice.

“Doesn’t matter,” Sunggyu says with a smirk.

“Look, I’m apologizing on behalf of my parents and my grandmother. I’m apologizing for our father abandoning you. I’m apologizing for my mother and my grandmother being so cruel to you and your mother. Can’t you just let everyone go? I’m sorry that Uee left you.”

“How do you know anything?” Sunggyu asks as he pushes my grandmother aside and walks closer to me.

“Don’t provoke him,” the voice says again, but louder this time.

“I know that it probably hurts a lot right now, but you’ll get over it,” I say attempting to coax him. “Just…let all of these people go. This wasn’t you when we were younger and you definitely weren’t like this when we were in high school.”

“I’ve changed and so have you. Now you’re acting like a good Myungsoo,” Sunggyu says mocking me. “You just want to get the approval of your grandmother to gain this company once she dies, which who knows, might as well be today.”

“Sunggyu,” I say taking a step closer, but he holds the gun steadily right at me.

“Don’t come any closer!” he yells.

I stare at him. This feels just like the kidnapping when it was him and me, the night that I found out that he was my half-brother before I knew any of his past. I hated the fact that he was my half-brother; I hated the fact that I was actually related to the guy that ruined my life. Then I found out the torture he endured and I felt sorry for him. I actually felt sorry for the guy that I hated with all of my guts. I saw someone that was worse off than me, someone that never knew the real sense of family. Even if my family isn’t like other families, I at least have someone I can call a father and I have the ability to live a comfortable life. Does Sunggyu have any of that?

“Sunggyu, I’m sorry,” I say looking right into his eyes. “I’m sorry for everything.”

“And I’m sorry, too,” he says before he shoots me. A shot rings out and I look down. Even though I’m wearing a vest, the bullet still penetrates because of how close Sunggyu was to me. I put my hand to the wound and see a velvet red slowly start to seep out.

“Move! Move! Faster!” I hear through the earpiece before everything starts to get blurry.

 

Allie’s POV

A short while after, Sungyeol and Hoya brought all of the children back. All of us sang to Cecelia and had some birthday cake, specially made by Woohyun. Sungyeol decorated it, and it was clearly evident, but it was from a kid to a kid, so it’s alright. After we ate the cake, Cecelia opened up her presents before it was time for the party to disband.

“Thank you,” I say to the three guys as we start cleaning up the living room. Cecelia takes her new toys to her room.

“No problem, if it’s anything for Cecelia, we’d be happy to do it,” Hoya says with a smile.

“Thanks guys,” I say smiling back to all of them. “Sungyeol, at least you could help clean up.” Woohyun, Hoya, and I laugh at him and Hoya even throws a pillow at him.

“Hey,” Sungyeol says as he holds the pillow that just hit him in the face, “I’m catching up on today’s news. My phone has been going off for a while now, but I couldn’t answer it since I was watching all of Cecelia’s friends.”

“Why was your phone going off?” Woohyun asks.

“A bunch of them just asked whether or not I was watching the news. They didn’t say what was going on, they just asked a bunch of questions,” Sungyeol says. It sounds like he was annoyed at those since they didn’t tell him.

“Are you too lazy to watch the news?” I joke around with him.

“Yeah,” he nods his head. “I never know when the part I want to see will come on.”

“Fine, then flick it on,” I sigh as I put some more of the throwaway plates from the cake into the trash.

“And up next,” the news castor announces, “breaking news from Japan.”

“Why is breaking news from Japan on the television?” I ask suddenly interested.

“Darn, I have a call,” Sungyeol says taking out his phone and answering it.

“The Kim Corporations, whose headquarters are located in Japan had seen a hostage situation today involving the CEO.”

“Kim Corporations?” I ask suddenly looking at Woohyun who has fear in his eyes, too.

“Yeah, I’m watching it,” Sungyeol responds lazily to the caller. “What?” he suddenly yells sitting up. “Yes, I understand. Of course, yes, yes. Goodbye.”

“A man by the name of Kim Myungsoo stepped in to help officials today with handling the man responsible, a man by the name of Kim Sunggyu from South Korea,” the reporter continues.

It seems like time has slowed down. Everything doesn’t make sense anymore. Myungsoo stepped in to help and the person behind it was Sunggyu? What is even going on?

“Allie,” Sungyeol says bringing me back to the real world, “you and Woohyun-hyung have to leave for Japan right now.”

“Why?” I ask unable to take my eyes off of the screen.

“Myungsoo…” Sungyeol says as he looks back at the television as a picture of Myungsoo and Sunggyu are shown onto the screen. “He was shot. Sunggyu shot him. He’s in the hospital right now.”

I stare at Woohyun who just nods his head. “I got it. I’ll pack your things, just stay here,” Woohyun says as he gets up.

“We’ll stay here and watch Cecelia,” Hoya offers looking at Sungyeol who just nods his head in agreement.

I can’t digest what’s going on right now. Everything just feels like it’s a blur. What am I supposed to do? What am I supposed to say? Myungsoo got shot, he’s in the hospital. What if things aren’t looking too well? I reach down and touch the necklace.

Kim Myungsoo, you can’t leave me… I think I love you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is going to happen to Myungsoo? How will things be when Woohyun and Allie get to Japan? What is going to happen to the Kim Corporations? What is going to happen to Sunggyu? Will Allie ever get a chance to tell Myungsoo that she loves him back?

 

So...like I said in the previous chapter, I feel an ending coming soon. This fanfic might have two more chapters before its end? I feel like I can put two more chapters before wrapping up and then preparing for the sequel, although I don't really have anything to prepare for it. If anyone has any good possible titles for the sequel, feel free to tell me. As of right now, I have no title ideas...

 

And speaking of the sequel, the poll is still going on and it will continue to go on until the sequel is actually published. When the sequel is up, I'll post the link here.

And like in my first fanfiction, there will be an extra chapter at the end full of awesome stuffs like trivia and what I originally wanted to do with the story, things like that. If any of you have any songs that you thought of while reading it, don't be afraid to tell me, I'll add those into the extra chapter, too.

 

So, there's like two more chapters until it ends. How do you think it'll end?

Here is Chapter 27. Hope you enjoyed :D