Flashbacks Part 2

Eternal Love

Current Song: Like A Star[Taeyeon]

Nickhun sat down on the floor, beside Yoona's bed. Yoona had just fainted. He saw her teary face. It pained him, as much as Taecyeon. He rather that he was the one suffering for her. She don't deserve this. She is such a great girl. As he sat on the floor, looking at Taec's worried face and holding on to Yoona, he recalled what happen a year ago...

<<< FLASHBACKS >>>

Nickhun had just returned home. He had found the necessary materials and hence it was still early. It was only 9pm and yet the whole house was dark.

Nickhun's POV:

Where could the both of them be? Taec and Yoona don't sleep that early. Especially Taec. Could something happen to them?

He rushed into Yoona's bedroom and found no one. Taecyeon is nowhere to be found too. He was worried. He wanted to call Taecyeon. Just then, the door opened. It was Taecyeon and Yoona was on his back, sleeping soundly.

Khun: What...

Taec: [Interrupted him, Speaking softly] Explain to you later. I put her to bed first. [Walking to Yoona's room, Khun following]

After lying her down back to her room and covered the blanket for her, Taecyeon gave her a kiss on the forehead and walked out of her bedroom with Nickhun.

Taec: She was running a high fever and I brought her to the doc. That silly girl, she still insists on cooking even when she is sick. She said that I will need food [Smiled to himself]

Khun: [Worried] Chincha? She is always like that. Caring others more than herself. Has she eaten? What did the doc say?

Taec: Yeahs. Before I took her to the doc, I cooked porridge for her. [Khun was shocked] Yah! Don't look at me like that. I CAN cook ok. Just that it is not as nice as Yoona cooking. Ok. Maybe far worse but it is still edible ok. The doc gave her a jab and let her take her medicine at the clinic there. Guess she is feeling a little better already. It is just a cold and that she tires herself too much. Don't worry bro.

Khun: [Jokingly] Oh ok. Wow. I can't believe it. The MASCULAR Ok Taecyeon cooking porridge for the first time. You should have just give me a call and I will be right back. At least I can cook better than you.

Taec: [Jokingly] Yah! Please. You are the FAMOUS THAI PRINCE. Don't tell me you are a better cook than me. And given her condition, she can't take Thai food. It is too spicy.

Khun: [Hit Taec] Yah! Okok. I guess I will go take a bath and head to bed. Seriously tired.

Taec: Yeahs. Me too.  I will wash up the dishes, take a bath and head to bed. Don't look at her skinny size. Carry her cant be QUITE tiring. [Laughs]

Khun: [Laughs] Wait till she hears this, You are goin to die.

Taecyeon went to wash up the dishes and Nickhun went to take a bath. At 11, both boys are in the room, lying on the bed. Taecyeon was soundly asleep, but Nickhun was not.. He sneaked into Yoona's bedroom to take a look at her. She was sleeping soundly. Just as he was about to leave the room, he head Yoona saying,'' Taecyeon Oppa..'' He left the room after that,

Nickhun's POV:

Why is Yoona calling Taec's name? And Taec bro is actually willing to cook for Yoona?! He had NEVER once cooked before. Even for his ex-girlfriends. And just now, I saw him kissing Yoona's forehead. This isn't simple. Could he had fallen for Yoona too? Yoona ah.. Please wait for me... I love you! I will give you my life. Yoona ah~ I must tell her my feelings soon. I could not hide anymore. I am not going to treat her like a sister anymore. How I wish I was by her side today, taking care of her, instead of Hyung...

Thinking about Yoona, he slowly drifted off to sleep.

NEXT MORNING:

Beep beep beep! The alarm was ringing very loudly.

Taec: [covering his ear with pillow] Yah khun! Switch that off! It is so noisy!

Khun: [looking at the alarm clock] YAH HYUNG! IT IS 8AM ALREADY! WE ARE GOING TO BE LATE!

Taec: [Sprang up] Oh !! Ahhhhhhhhh, Yoona didn't wake us up!!!

Khun: Hyung, have you forgotten? She is sick.

Taec: Oh ya. Let's hurry up!

Before leaving the house, the two boys went into Yoona's bedroom to take a look at her. She was still sleeping. They both smiled and left the house, running to the bus stop to take the bus to school.

<<< IN SCHOOL >>>

Miss Kim: Im Yoona! Ok Taecyeon! Nickhun!  Im Yoona! Ok Taecyeon! Nickhun!

Taec&Khun: Sorry Miss Kim! We are late! Yoona is sick. Here is the doctor's MC. [They were in the same class as Yoona for today]

Miss Kim: Oh ok. Hurry up settle down.

<<< AFTER SCHOOL >>>

Taec: Man, I was sooo hungry that I feel that I am goin to faint any minute. And the lesson, is SO boring! Singing is still the BEST.

Khun: Hahas. Singing is your LIFE. Yeahs. Yoona is not up to make breakfast for us and you need to copy homework during lunch. So we actually skipped both breakfast and lunch. I'm starving~ But I'm going to return the books to the library first.

Taec: Oh, ok. I shall go home first and take a look at Yoona. You buy food back home ok? Buy M.O.R.E. And I think porridge for Yoona will be good.

Khun: Ok. See you later.

Taecyeon ran out of school. Nickhun was surprised. He said that he was going to faint. Why is he so eager on getting home? After returning the books, Nickhun bought the food quickly and ordered fish porridge for Yoona. Her favourite. Upon walking home, he saw a jewellery shop. A Star necklace caught his eyes.

Nickhun's POV:

This necklace will suit Yoona the most! She is like the star in the sky, shinning so brightly. And she likes stars too! I will buy this and confess to her, that I really love her...

Khun: [Smiled] Aniyohasaeyo~ I am here to buy the star necklace that is displaying outside...

Shop owner: Oh hi young man. You sure have a taste. Buying for your girlfriend? You sure is lucky. A guy around your age just bought one and this is the last one. You two sure are lucky. [Taking the necklace out]

Nickhun smiled and paid for the necklace. On the way home, he kept on smiling, feeling so happy and thinking of how elated would Yoona be when she saw this necklace. He decided to hide to first and give it to her later as a surprise when Taecyeon is not around. He put it in his bag.

<<< AT HOME >>>

Taec: Yah! Khun! What took you so long! I m dying~

Yoona and Taecyeon were sitting on the dining table, Yoona was eating porridge. She look so charming even when she is sick..

Yoona: Khun oppa! You are back! Sorry I couldn't wait, so this guy [Pointed to Taec] had to cook for me. But don't worry! I will still eat up what you had bought for me! I am starving. And this porridge is horrible. [Sticking out her tongue to Taec]

Khun: [smiled] I bought your favourite fish porridge! [Tone changed] Yah Ok Taecyeon! Your food!

Taec: YAH! I m your hyung ok! Why you talk to me like that and talk to Yoona like that!

Yoona: Cause I am much cuter than You! Thanks oppa!! [Went to hug Khun]

Taec: Yah! Shouln't I deserved a hug too?!  I COOKED for you ok! [fake angry]

Yoona: Opps! Okok. [kisses Taec's cheek] Happy?

Taec: Hahahas. MUCH better. Ok. You guys chat. I shall go and watch TV and eat my food. I NEED FOOD.

Taecyeon walked out of the dinning room, going to the living room, leaving Yoona and Nickhun.

Nickhun's POV:

Oh my. Did she just kissed him? I NEED TO ACT FAST.

Khun/ Yoona: Yoona ah/ Oppa ah...

Khun: Hahahas. You speak first.

Yoona: [Laughs] Ok then~ I knew you will let me speak first. You are a gentleman oppa~

Just then, Nickhun notice a star necklace on Yoona's neck. It is exactly the same as the one he bought. Could... Could.. it be?

Yoona: [caught him staring at the necklace] Hahas. Thats what I want to tell you. This necklace is given by Taecyeon Oppa. You'll be the first to know about this... Me and Taecyeon Oppa are dating! [Smiled]

Nickhun: [mumbled] No. Way.

Yoona: What did you say oppa?

Nickhun: Ahhh. Nothing.. [Put the necklace back into his bag] Taec bought it for you? Since when is he such a sweet guy? [joked half-heartedly] When did you two started?

Yoona: Thats what I thought too! But still, I love tis necklace! You know how much I love the stars! Oh. Hmmm. Yesterday. When he confessed to me that he loved me when he was carrying me home. You know, I loved him too... [Blushes shyly]

Nickhun: [mumbled]  Damn it. I am late by a day. AH!

Yoona: Oppa? Are you ok? [concerned]

Nickhun: [Half smiled] Ya, I am alright. Just a bit tired. I will go take a bath first ok? Enjoy ur fish porridge ok?

Yoona: Ok. Thank you oppa!

Back in the room, Nickhun sat on the floor, taking out the necklace. He was sobbing. He just missed by abit! He was angry at Taecyeon also. How could he steal his girl away! But then, he look up, and saw the photo of the three of them smiling happily. It was taken 1 year ago on Yoona's birthday.

Nickhun's POV:

Aishhhhh~ I shouldn't blame hyung. He doesn't even know that I love Yoona! It's my own fault. I should have confessed earlier. Perhaps we weren't meant to be... Yoona ah... As long as you are happy, I will be happy for you. I believe that Taecyeon bro will look after you very well and loved you with his life. I won't be the third party that destroy you and bro's relationship. I'll put you deep in my heart. But If you need me, I will forever be here. Right here waiting for you...

With a kiss on the star necklace, he put it into the drawer. And cover it with a book on top of it...