Chapter 19

The Boundaries of Friendship

 They say that a bond between a parent and child is the sweetest emotion one could ever experience. Even when put through hard times, the bond will come out strong in the end and one who knew that so well was Heechul. From the moment he walked through the front door Monday morning, he had two kids clinging onto him like baby monkeys, refusing to part from him. For the past two hours Donghae and Kibum hung around their hyung happy as could be, talking about anything and everything. Because for once, it felt like old times again where nothing else mattered except for the three of them and that’s just what they needed.

As Donghae rekindled the tale of their exciting weekend and informed Heechul of their new friend, Kibum kept silent as he sat by Heechul’s side. He didn’t mind if Donghae was talking nonstop and Heechul’s attention was more focused on him, because he loved hearing his brother’s cheerful voice. And besides, Heechul was sitting closer to him anyways so really, he had it better off.

“So his name is Key? Isn’t that the same guy who was bullying you and Mir, Kibum?” Heechul asked, turning his attention over to Kibum. Kibum tilted his head up and looked at Heechul, nodding slightly.

“Yes, but he’s changed and he apologized to both of us,” He informed him.

“What do you mean bullied? That guy you told me about was Key? But he seemed so nice!” Donghae said incredulously, unable to believe that the smiling, fun boy he’d just befriended was the one that was picking on his brothers. However, Kibum didn’t quite agree with him. Sure, Key was acting nicer but there was still something about him that made him seem like a jerk.

“Why would you want to be friends with him, Kibum?” Heechul asked him, feeling rather protective. Both Mir and Donghae had been bullied and Kibum had been hurt by people he didn’t even know, so he didn’t understand why he would want to befriend someone who wasn’t nice.

“Because, he gets abused at home,” Kibum said quietly. He knew it wasn’t any of his business, but it made him sad to think that someone could get hurt by the two people that were supposed to love him more than anyone in the world. Having been through so much pain because of his own parents, even though it wasn’t the same situation, he thought that if Key had someone who knew how he felt would make things a little better.

“Kibum, that’s very sweet of you, but I don’t think that it’s a very good idea,” Heechul said reluctantly. At this, both Kibum and Donghae looked at him as if he were crazy. He was the one that took in two kids off the streets because they had tough lives, but they weren’t allowed to befriend an abused boy? It seemed completely absurd.

“But hyung, why not? Key was really nice and polite when he came over! I think you would like him, he talks a lot just like you,” Donghae said with a grin. He was sure that was what he liked most about Key, that he constantly chattered just like Heechul.

When Heechul didn’t answer, the two boys switched to a new subject; this time about how desperately they wanted some chocolate cake. While they chatted happily, there was a knock on the door and Heechul excused himself to go answer it. Pulling open the front door, he was a bit surprised to see a young boy standing before him.

Little did he know that he was about to meet the infamous Key.

 


 Honestly, I'm getting really tired of writing this. I'm thinking of just calling it quits and stop writing.

AFF is pissing me off once again, I haven't written a decent chapter for any of my stories in weeks, yet again there's a lack of appreciation going on...I just don't know anymore.