Chapter Four

The Ring of Fate...

As weeks passes by, they got to know Shin Hye more and they hang out together almost every single day. But Keun Suk still remains silent most of the time as he does not like to talk a lot. In school, everyone envy them, the girls were all talking about Shin Hye being a flirt a she was only new in school yet she got to be friends easily with the three most handsome guys in school. Rumors were all around saying that she is cheap and she sells herself to get all her luxury. Shin Hye tries to ignore every of the comments that were made as she does not wants to create any trouble in school...

Class, there will be a project coming up, I will need you and your partner to work on it together. Can we choose our partner? One of them asked the lecturer. Your partner will be the one sitting beside you… The class sign and feel upset not able to choose their partner. This project will need all of you do a video, filming of your everyday life. So you guys may need to meet up with each other every day to complete it together. The date due for this project will be three weeks so please remember to finish it and we will do a presentation for the best video done. Hong Ki turns back and signs as he looks at Shin Hye, he really wanted to be with her in this project. This will be all for today, class dismissed…  As soon as the lecturer walks out, everyone starts to discuss about this project including Hong Ki and Yong Hwa. Shin Hye turns to Keun Suk waiting for him to start talking but he did not seem to be bothered.

Erm… Keun Suk Oppa… She calls out to him but he did not response… Oppa… Keun Suk Oppa… She calls out again thinking that he did not hear him as she kept her voice low… He turns and looks at her… Erm, so how are we going to do this project together? Let’s go, he said taking his bag and books. Hong Ki heard him and quickly turns over to the back. Hyung, where are you going? To do our project, Keun Suk replied and walks out. Shin Hye quickly pack her things up and follows him as the three girls looks at her angrily. Where are we going, she asked as they walks out to the car park inside the school. To find a place and discuss, I don’t want to discuss it here, get in, he ordered her as he unlock his car pointing to the blue Audi, it was a convertible two seaters car. Omo, I always love this car but I want a red one, Shin Hye exclaimed happily… You mean you know how to drive, Keun Suk asked as they got into the car putting their seatbelts on… Shin Hye became silent suddenly after hearing the question and she pause for a moment. Keun Suk starts his engine and he notice that Shin Hye became quiet suddenly so he decide not to talk and drives off.

Actually I know how to drive, she said softly and he turns over and looks at her. He notice her expression was very different from the usual self that he used to see. I learn it secretly because my Appa does not allow me to drive because of my Omma… He saw that vulnerable expression in her, an expression that none of them seen before. My Omma was killed three years ago on Christmas in a car accident, she was driving and a car came driving towards her car and bangs on to hers… He felt bad suddenly, sorry to hear that, he said in a soft voice. It is alright, she gave him a weak smile and kept quiet throughout the whole journey.

The car pulls to a stop and they got out of the car, Shin Hye followed Keun Suk behind as they walk into an ice cream shop… He saw her face lighten up with a sweet smile as she sees the ice cream shop. Let’s discuss it here, he said as they sat down at a corner. They went to make an order together, Shin Hye chose chocolate and strawberry flavor while Keun Suk chose chocolate and vanilla flavor. They sat there and discuss about the project as they ate the ice cream together happily…

Let’s meet up tomorrow at my house since it’s weekend, we can start with mine first then yours later. Your house? Shin Hye asked and choked on her ice cream… Erm… Well I don’t like to go out so I usually stay at home and do my things… Oh… Shin Hye nodded her head. So I believe we can finish my part very fast to have more time for yours. I believe you girls will be shopping almost every single day, he said and let out a laugh… Actually I seldom go out for shopping as I am mostly alone, Shin Hye said softly as she looks down. I don’t have any friends… Most people who became friends with me only used me as an advantage, asking me for help all the time. When I asked them to join me and help me in my volunteer work, they would all run away thinking that I am an idiot. So I don’t have any friends except for Hong Ki since young and till I met you and Uee. Keun Suk looks at her in surprised to hear what she says… Oh… He did not know what to say and continue to eat his ice cream… I know it is hard to believe, Shin Hye said trying to let Keun Suk know that she does not mind… It’s alright, you have me… Shin Hye looks at him in shock, realizing that he said it too fast. Erm I mean me and Uee… Oh, yes, I am glad to have met the both of you, she said and smiles sweetly at him.

 *****************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hope you guys are still reading... :) ~Loves