Eomma and Appa

Forbidden Love

Your parents are Korean citizens, but you and your older brother were born and grew up in America.

You were just 3 years old when your parents died in a car accident; and L was just 6 years old.

 

"Eomma! Appa!" L cried in the hospital.

And you, carried by your Aunt in her arms, were crying too.

"I'm sorry, but we already did what we could." The doctor said.

"Andwae! Eomma and Appa can't leave us! You're a liar! They're still alive!!" L cried out loud more.

"Shhh...Myungsoo dear..." your Aunt patted L's back, calming him down.

"Honey, can you take him to the car first? Please take Jae ah with you, too." she asked her husband.

"No! I won't leave here! Not until my parents wake up!" L said, being stubborn.

"Kim Myungsoo! That's enough, can't you understand? The doctor already said that your parents are now dead! We can't do anything about it." your uncle said, dragging L with him.

"Andwae..andwae.." L whispered to himself, still crying, letting his uncle drag him to the car.

 

From that night, you and L stayed in your Uncle and Aunt's house; L dreamt of your parents that same night.

"Jae ah, I dreamt of Eomma and Appa last night. They said they were sorry for leaving us. I promised that I will take care both of us no matter what. Appa told me that we should go to Korea when I turn 18, we'll stay in their old house there. They said that we'll discover something that they weren't able to say to us." L told you about his dreams.

"Lucky oppa! I want to dream about Eomma and Appa too! I miss them already!" you said, eyes became watery again.