Chapter 7

Beyond the Bell's Chime
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hi?" Jiwoo greeted him, unsure if she should smile at him or not because he appeared less than thrilled to see her.

 

"Glad I caught up," Wonbin said. She had earphones in, so she barely heard him. He reached out and pulled one earphone out to speak to her. "I am glad to see you," he said, then replaced her earphone.

 

Her surprise was evident as she blinked, trying to process his words. "You're glad to see me? Why?" she asked, genuinely puzzled.

 

Wonbin smiled, almost chuckling at himself. He couldn't understand why he felt so at ease being himself around her. The way she interacted with him was unfiltered, real, and that's what had intrigued him about her.

 

"Who are you sketching?" he asked, noticing the rough sketch she was working on. When he saw who it was, he felt something he couldn't quite explain.

 

"Oh, this is Eunseok," Jiwoo replied, her eyes sparkling. "He's my muse," she added.

 

"Muse?" Wonbin asked. "Like a model?"

 

She nodded enthusiastically. "That's right! He inspired me to start drawing again. I've been working on sketches of him to give him."

 

"But why him?" Wonbin continued to inquire, his curiosity piqued by her choice of subject. Eunseok was a prominent figure in school.

 

"I do believe it was love at first sight," Jiwoo said with a dreamy expression. She spoke as if there were no barriers between her and Wonbin. "When I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter