Chapter 5

Beyond the Bell's Chime
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey," Jiwoo finally located him by the supply building, sulking in the corner. Wonbin glared at her, wondering why, out of all the people who could have followed him, it had to be Shim Jiwoo.

 

"I know you don't want me here," she acknowledged as she settled two meters away from him. "But you have no choice but to deal with me," she added with an evil grin.

 

"Get lost, loser," Wonbin scoffed. "No one needs you. You're not even friends with anyone here," he said, but almost immediately, he regretted his words because he knew next to nothing about her.

 

However, Jiwoo smiled and nodded. "Right, but that doesn't mean you're different from me," she replied.

 

"You may have Seunghan on your side, but who knows?" she shrugged. "Even married couples grow apart," she added, causing a sharp pang in Wonbin's chest. The way she said it made it seem like she had experienced something like that in reality.

 

Anxiously biting his lip, Wonbin considered how it felt to be excluded or to be the last option for everyone. "It was always him."

 

"Him? Seunghan?"

 

"Everyone wants to be friends with him. He gets invited by everyone, and I'm the one who has to tag along."

 

Jiwoo just nodded while picking up pebbles.

 

"Hmm, that's tough. That means you are never the first choice," she commented.

 

"You sure you know that feeling, don't you?" he asked, and Jiwoo was about to throw a pebble at him but stopped herself. "Don't." He warned.

 

"I just want to get my revenge since you didn't apologize," she nonchalantly said and picked a bigger pebble from the corner.

 

"Fine. I'm sorry about your forehead! Happy?" Wonbin whined.

 

"Never heard any sincerity in there," she sung.

 

"You're so weird! I hate you!" he yelled, getting up from the concrete floor he was sitting on. "You make me so angry! God, stay away from me!"

 

Jiwoo got up as well and suddenly cupped his face, pulling their faces closer until they were just two inches apart, staring into each other's eyes. Wonbin froze,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter