Chapter 14

Beyond the Bell's Chime
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The room was abuzz with chatter as the students celebrated surviving their examination week. It was now time for them to shift their focus to the school’s upcoming cultural day. Every class had been given a budget by the student council to organize a special event, which would also serve as a fundraising opportunity for their future cultural events.

 

The class representatives would collaborate with the student council, while each class would work under the guidance of their class mayor.

 

“Listen up, guys! We may be first-years, but that’s no excuse to play it safe with our booth,” Sohee, their class mayor, exclaimed, standing in front of the blackboard alongside Suyoung, the class vice mayor. “We have to be the best!”

 

“But how?” Suyoung asked with a smile, finding Sohee’s passion for his role as class mayor amusing.

 

Seunghan raised his hand and shared, “The third-year class is planning a horror booth with preserved body parts in the science lab,” relaying information he had received from a third-year female student who was flirting with him.

 

“Good info! Good! You’re not just handsome but informative,” Sohee complimented with enthusiasm, eliciting laughter from everyone.

 

“Maybe we can make use of our talented classmates here? I’m sure we have musically inclined individuals,” Suyoung suggested, specifically eyeing Wonbin, who seemed more preoccupied with doodling in his notebook than participating in the event planning.

 

“Like a mini-concert?” Sohee proposed.

 

With the idea of a mini-concert on the table, everyone began to agree. Sohee’s grin stretched from ear to ear. “We should form a band, and then the others can work on the event setup, and—”

 

“Jiwoo can make cookies!” Seunghan interjected, raising his head and turning everyone’s attention to Jiwoo, who was quietly jotting down notes. Slowly, Jiwoo turned in his direction, giving him an intense glare that caused the room to erupt in laughter.

 

“Jiwoo! I never knew you could be this funny!” Suyoung chimed in.

 

“It would be great if Jiwoo agrees to prepare cookies for us,” Sohee added, flashing a cute smile while gently encouraging her.

 

“Her mom’s cookies are amazing,” Seunghan continued, trying to persuade the others, until Wonbin pinched his back. Startled, Seunghan turned to face his friend, who was now giving him a death glare.

 

“Okay,” Jiwoo agreed, blushing slightly. “But I can only make enough for us, hopefully, we’ll have some extras.” Her shy smile received cheers and applause from everyone.

 

The day had drawn to a close after the students gathered the necessary supplies from the student council. However, Jiwoo and Seunghan were asked to stay for a bit by

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter